Ertz trade talk

DBW

Ertz has been saying the right things of late.  The team may just showcase him in early games and hope to get a better deal by trading deadline.  4th round may be too low for Howie's wheeling and dealing interests.

1 hour ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Does that describe Howie?

How high would your hit percentage have to be in the fourth to be considered "good"?

How good would the pick have to be to count?

2 hours ago, weko said:

Today's Philly Voice Eagle's article is the source.  That was a great offer and more than fair value.  If you know what you're doing you can get excellent players early in the 4th round.  Normally the talent there falls of dramatically after picks 10-15 or so.  Every team has mid 3rd round players on their boards still available early in the 4th.  Howie turned down a good pick, a solid contributor at DT, OG, C, S, RB, LB, maybe WR too. 

Already an Ertz topic, and no link to the source. :nonono:

Shocking development.  New article and it pretty much sums up what we already knew... Minnesota called to inquire about Goedert, and Howie put a price on him that didn't lead to a deal.  Howie was not actively shopping him contrary to what someone keeps insisting is happening.

Incidentally, this article was written by an actual journalist who confirms things, and tells you when he's got something without a confirmation from elsewhere... complete with quotes.  Wow.

9 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

The "team had decided to go a different way” part of the comment is a bit curious though. For me it kind of raises an eyebrow as to what exactly that means. Seems like it would be easier to get him locked up now before he has that "breakout season” than later. The Eagles have already moved money around to get him locked up now too. So what are they waiting for exactly? 

To be fair, for all we know they could be trying to lock him up but they are demanding too much?

23 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

I believe the Eagles should ride this season out. Don’t make any moves and see what Hurts can do. Howie just seems obsessed with the QB factory. 

QB factory my arse, he would rather buy a QB than create one. 

2 hours ago, mihailo said:

To be fair, for all we know they could be trying to lock him up but they are demanding too much?

I guess the part about different direction seems like the Eagles changed their minds. It also didn’t seem like they were still in negotiations. Just all kind of weird. 

The different direction could just be not to jump the gun and pay him like an All-Pro before he actually plays like an All-Pro.  

8 hours ago, ManchesterEagle said:

I'm okay with this. I think he will help this year and if it all goes down the pan then I think we can get at least a 4th and possibly more at the trade deadline.

People have silly short memories. Ertz in 2019 had 116 catches. He sucked last year, but there were lots of potential reasons for that. He's only 30 and younger than Travis Kelce, I don't believe he's done and clearly neither do the Eagles.

Oh and for those who do fantasy. He's a gift when you can get him at pick 120 or later.

He will also break Harold Carmichael's record if he stays this year. He will make Eagles history. 

13 hours ago, ManchesterEagle said:

I'm okay with this. I think he will help this year and if it all goes down the pan then I think we can get at least a 4th and possibly more at the trade deadline.

People have silly short memories. Ertz in 2019 had 116 catches. He sucked last year, but there were lots of potential reasons for that. He's only 30 and younger than Travis Kelce, I don't believe he's done and clearly neither do the Eagles.

Oh and for those who do fantasy. He's a gift when you can get him at pick 120 or later.

You talk about 2019 as if it was Yesterday.

In 2018 Antonio Brown was a 1300 yard WR

In 2018 Eli Manning threw for 4300 yards

In 2018 Josh Rosen was a Top 10 pick at QB for the Arizona Cardinals

17 hours ago, Road to Victory said:

Howie would’ve botched the 4th anyway. 

Yup

4 hours ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

You talk about 2019 as if it was Yesterday.

In 2018 Antonio Brown was a 1300 yard WR

In 2018 Eli Manning threw for 4300 yards

In 2018 Josh Rosen was a Top 10 pick at QB for the Arizona Cardinals

Interesting that you jumped back another year.   I don't disagree with your point, but it would have been better presented using other 2019 markers rather than jumping back another year.

12 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Interesting that you jumped back another year.   I don't disagree with your point, but it would have been better presented using other 2019 markers rather than jumping back another year.

Even so, 2 of those players decline had nothing to do with age. And Eli was was 38 years old. None of those examples are relevant to Ertz. Ertz had on bad year coming off of his best years and is only turning 31. 

1 minute ago, Iggles_Phan said:

2019 Jimmy Garropolo went 13-3 with 3978 yards at 69% completion. The 49ers just took a top 5 QB

2019 Leonard Fournette went for over 1600 yards from scrimmage. Last year he was buried on the Buccs depth chart

2019 Michael Thomas went for 1725 receiving yards, right now the Saints would let him go for a mid round pick.

7 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Even so, 2 of those players decline had nothing to do with age. And Eli was was 38 years old. None of those examples are relevant to Ertz. Ertz had on bad year coming off of his best years and is only turning 31. 

^^^correct.

By all accounts, Ertz had a terrific camp and has become one of Hurts' most trusted targets.  Everything they've done - dumping Wentz, passing on Fields and drafting Smith instead and so on is about maximizing Hurts' opportunity to succeed. 

And I don't buy the Watson blah blah.  He's not coming here.  The Eagles think they can turn Hurts into a top tier starting QB.  We'll see how that's going Sunday. 

14 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

The point is what Ertz did two years ago is irrelevant to what he is now. What he is based on last year is the 3rd best Tight End on the team.

Every player hits the wall eventually and most of them start hitting it post 30

Just now, Hawkeye said:

^^^correct.

By all accounts, Ertz had a terrific camp and has become one of Hurts' most trusted targets.  Everything they've done - dumping Wentz, passing on Fields and drafting Smith instead and so on is about maximizing Hurts' opportunity to succeed. 

And I don't buy the Watson blah blah.  He's not coming here.  The Eagles think they can turn Hurts into a top tier starting QB.  We'll see how that's going Sunday. 

Hurts is really the only question mark cause no one has really seen him play this year. 

I heard this from a trusted source that I can't name so take it for what it's worth.  But what I'm hearing from those familiar with the situation is that Zach Ertz is currently on the roster as a TE and expects to play this Sunday.  More to come on this developing situation.

52 minutes ago, NOTW said:

I heard this from a trusted source that I can't name so take it for what it's worth.  But what I'm hearing from those familiar with the situation is that Zach Ertz is currently on the roster as a TE and expects to play this Sunday.  More to come on this developing situation.

Can you confirm he got rid of the blonde look? 

2 hours ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

2019 Jimmy Garropolo went 13-3 with 3978 yards at 69% completion. The 49ers just took a top 5 QB

2019 Leonard Fournette went for over 1600 yards from scrimmage. Last year he was buried on the Buccs depth chart

2019 Michael Thomas went for 1725 receiving yards, right now the Saints would let him go for a mid round pick.

much better.

1 hour ago, NOTW said:

👀

2 hours ago, Godfather said:

Can you confirm he got rid of the blonde look? 

Unfortunately, that's still his look.  Which suits him since he has to fall down every time he makes a catch.  TEs who get YAC can have darker hair.

33 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Unfortunately, that's still his look.  Which suits him since he has to fall down every time he makes a catch.  TEs who get YAC can have darker hair.

Yeah you have to be a tool like gronk and Kelce

1 hour ago, NOTW said:

I'm offended.

de7jcwm-bce1174d-cd64-4902-8dfb-e3b4cdf3

Archived