Ertz trade talk

DBW

2 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

To me that smacks as Howie realising he messed up and didn't get anything for one TE so he's going to try and get something for the other. Problem there is Goedert is much younger and is the long term answer for this team not Ertz. TEs play a big role in this league so why would you leave yourself with none in a year or two?

Howie still might leave himself with nothing here. At this point neither player is signed beyond this season. 

12 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

The writer implied that the Eagles engaged in those discussions, and also implied the Eagles were also considering throwing him in a Watson deal. 

Engaging does not mean initiating though... which is what 'reaching out' means.

5 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

"The phrasing here is intriguing. This reads as Roseman contacted the Vikings about Goedert as opposed to Minny coming to Philly with an offer.”

Take your complaint to the author BLG. 

2 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

To me that smacks as Howie realising he messed up and didn't get anything for one TE so he's going to try and get something for the other. Problem there is Goedert is much younger and is the long term answer for this team not Ertz. TEs play a big role in this league so why would you leave yourself with none in a year or two?

Goedert has not proven to be the future. He may be 4 years younger but he plays reckless trying to run through people which is why he has missed games for injuries every year as a back up. 

1 hour ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Goedert has not proven to be the future. He may be 4 years younger but he plays reckless trying to run through people which is why he has missed games for injuries every year as a back up. 

Godert might be a dangerous guy to give a long term deal to with big money just for the reasons you mentioned. Potentially both of these guys could be off the 2022 roster.

Just now, EazyEaglez said:

Godert might be a dangerous guy to give a long term deal to with big money just for the reasons you mentioned. Potentially both of these guys could be off the 2022 roster.

I love Goedert and his playing style and he does have a chance to be like a Kelce ( skill set) but, so far he has shown he can't take that kind of punishment even on a limited basis

19 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

The writer implied that the Eagles engaged in those discussions, and also implied the Eagles were also considering throwing him in a Watson deal. 

19 hours ago, Iggles_Phan said:

19 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

"The phrasing here is intriguing. This reads as Roseman contacted the Vikings about Goedert as opposed to Minny coming to Philly with an offer.”

Take your complaint to the author BLG. 

We have a blogger reporting something with no sources and saying:  "Roseman discussed moving Goedert in a trade with the Vikings."

That doesn't indicate which party reached out first.  The Vikings lost their TE to injury, so it's a more realistic assumption that they reached out to teams.  Even so, Howie is ALWAYS on the lookout for deals.  He would trade anyone in a heartbeat if he felt he was getting a good return. It's why he has high asking prices usually, like with Ertz.  This piece said the asking prices for Goedert was probably too high.  So maybe he hears the Vikings are desperate (like when he traded them Bradford for a 1st) and reached out to see if he could swing a big asking price. They said no and moved on.  I'm not agreeing with it, but that's how it could have gone.  It's all rumors and speculation.

As for the Watson part, Lombardo says:

There’s a belief inside the league that if the Eagles ultimately wind up trading for Deshaun Watson, that Goedert could be a piece of the package Roseman offers

A "belief" from "inside the league" (who?)...IF...could be...  This is nothing but fluff and speculation.  Reporters are always "linking" the Eagles to rumors.  These writers make up scenarios for fun and it becomes "news."

On 9/3/2021 at 3:33 PM, NOTW said:

We have a blogger reporting something with no sources and saying:  "Roseman discussed moving Goedert in a trade with the Vikings."

That doesn't indicate which party reached out first.  The Vikings lost their TE to injury, so it's a more realistic assumption that they reached out to teams.  Even so, Howie is ALWAYS on the lookout for deals.  He would trade anyone in a heartbeat if he felt he was getting a good return. It's why he has high asking prices usually, like with Ertz.  This piece said the asking prices for Goedert was probably too high.  So maybe he hears the Vikings are desperate (like when he traded them Bradford for a 1st) and reached out to see if he could swing a big asking price. They said no and moved on.  I'm not agreeing with it, but that's how it could have gone.  It's all rumors and speculation.

As for the Watson part, Lombardo says:

A "belief" from "inside the league" (who?)...IF...could be...  This is nothing but fluff and speculation.  Reporters are always "linking" the Eagles to rumors.  These writers make up scenarios for fun and it becomes "news."

On 9/3/2021 at 3:36 PM, Iggles_Phan said:

^  Yup.  Its easier to post speculation than have sources and report "information".

All of it is basically rumors and speculation until something happens bud. I’m just passing the information. How many times this off-season Ertz was supposedly traded within days? It never happened. Ultimately your problem is with the writer. I just posted what was written by the writer. With that being the case it now depends on how much Roseman wants a player or wins the trade. In my opinion if Roseman believes he can get Watson without having to sacrifice more pick and instead trade players he will. The Eagles have never openly said they want Watson, but clearly there’s enough smoke and numerous sources reporting so that clearly the Eagles are involved. Now is Goedert really good enough to be above trade speculation? I don’t think so. 

17 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

All of it is basically rumors and speculation until something happens bud. I’m just passing the information. How many times this off-season Ertz was supposedly traded within days? It never happened. Ultimately your problem is with the writer. I just posted what was written by the writer. With that being the case it now depends on how much Roseman wants a player or wins the trade. In my opinion if Roseman believes he can get Watson without having to sacrifice more pick and instead trade players he will. The Eagles have never openly said they want Watson, but clearly there’s enough smoke and numerous sources reporting so that clearly the Eagles are involved. Now is Goedert really good enough to be above trade speculation? I don’t think so. 

I never said Goedert (or anyone on this roster, for that matter) is above trade speculation.  I just read your take on the speculation that you linked... and read your take... then went and checked the source where you got that interpretation... and pushed it aside as meaningless.  You read the speculation by BLG, based on his misinterpreting the "report" of these trade discussions and you interpreted it as Howie actively making phone calls to try to trade Goedert... following the lead of BLG.  I generally don't read BLG's garbage because it is just that.  He likes to say things that people will lap up.  I prefer to stick to factual reporting than to engage in endless speculations. 

4 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

I never said Goedert (or anyone on this roster, for that matter) is above trade speculation.  I just read your take on the speculation that you linked... and read your take... then went and checked the source where you got that interpretation... and pushed it aside as meaningless.  You read the speculation by BLG, based on his misinterpreting the "report" of these trade discussions and you interpreted it as Howie actively making phone calls to try to trade Goedert... following the lead of BLG.  I generally don't read BLG's garbage because it is just that.  He likes to say things that people will lap up.  I prefer to stick to factual reporting than to engage in endless speculations. 

Howie is always looking to improve the football team per his own words bud. Dallas Goedert isn’t above those speculations. No on on this roster is for that matter. There were reports the Eagles were shopping Cox over a month ago. The Eagles are in these stories because Howie is constantly putting them there. You can choose to accept that or not. I just posted what story says. 

3 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Howie is always looking to improve the football team per his own words bud. Dallas Goedert isn’t above those speculations. No on on this roster is for that matter. There were reports the Eagles were shopping Cox over a month ago. The Eagles are in these stories because Howie is constantly putting them there. You can choose to accept that or not. I just posted what story says. 

There was no story... just empty speculations.  That's my point.

You are arguing a completely different thing along side of this as if they are related.  They are not.  Of course, Howie is always looking to improve the football team.  That's his job.  If he wasn't, he should be fired on the spot... not that his recent activity in 'improving the team' shouldn't have already led to him being fired, but that's for another discussion.  It is conceded that Howie is trying to improve the team.  It is further conceded that no one on the roster is above being traded.   That stands completely separate from the other issue.

As for the 'speculations'... speculation by definition is not based on facts and firm evidence, but exists only within the mind of the person making the speculation.  BLG did it... drawing an improper conclusion from the report from McManus.  And then you came here to parrot it as if there was some legitimacy to it.  There was not legitimacy when BLG wrote it, and there's no more legitimacy now that you've repeated it.    I will choose to believe things when there is legitimacy to it.

4 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

There was no story... just empty speculations.  That's my point.

You are arguing a completely different thing along side of this as if they are related.  They are not.  Of course, Howie is always looking to improve the football team.  That's his job.  If he wasn't, he should be fired on the spot... not that his recent activity in 'improving the team' shouldn't have already led to him being fired, but that's for another discussion.  It is conceded that Howie is trying to improve the team.  It is further conceded that no one on the roster is above being traded.   That stands completely separate from the other issue.

As for the 'speculations'... speculation by definition is not based on facts and firm evidence, but exists only within the mind of the person making the speculation.  BLG did it... drawing an improper conclusion from the report from McManus.  And then you came here to parrot it as if there was some legitimacy to it.  There was not legitimacy when BLG wrote it, and there's no more legitimacy now that you've repeated it.    I will choose to believe things when there is legitimacy to it.

Choose to believe whatever you want. I posted what was written that's it. And the main point was there's a possibility that Goedert could be moved instead of Ertz. Why that freaks you out isn't my concern.

8 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Choose to believe whatever you want. I posted what was written that's it. And the main point was there's a possibility that Goedert could be moved instead of Ertz. Why that freaks you out isn't my concern.

See, here's what you don't get... 

You didn't just post what was written.  You commented on it, and called it a 'report'.  It wasn't a 'report', it was speculation.  Speculating is not reporting.  BLG twisted what McManus said into something that would get people to click... and then you elevated his 'post' to the level of a report, implying it to be substantive and had merit.      

On 9/2/2021 at 12:24 PM, EazyEaglez said:

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2021/9/2/22653907/nfl-trade-rumors-dallas-goedert-zach-ertz-eagles-vikings-texans-deshaun-watson-philadelphia-tight-te

BGN is reporting the Eagles reached out to the Vikings in possibly trading Goedert. They’re also saying they want to try to put him in a package for Watson. Hopefully it’s just more of the same Eagles rumor spreading for clickbait, because there isn’t enough talent on this offense to be giving players away. For the record I don’t even think Watson would want the Eagles trading away a key offensive cog, plus draft capital to bring him in here. 

Ironically, you see that it is very likely just clickbait (or at least, you seemed to see at the time of posting) and yet here you are defending this as if there is merit to it.  There is not.

My issue is with the lack of discernment in seeing through click bait and trying to make things out to be different than they are.  But, hey... have at it.  

22 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

You didn't just post what was written.  You commented on it, and called it a 'report'.  It wasn't a 'report', it was speculation.  Speculating is not reporting.  BLG twisted what McManus said into something that would get people to click... and then you elevated his 'post' to the level of a report, implying it to be substantive and had merit.      

Ironically, you see that it is very likely just clickbait (or at least, you seemed to see at the time of posting) and yet here you are defending this as if there is merit to it.  There is not.

My issue is with the lack of discernment in seeing through click bait and trying to make things out to be different than they are.  But, hey... have at it.  

I like your effort but some people just can't be helped. "Never argue with ignorant people - they will bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Sure is fun to watch though.

1 hour ago, Iggles_Phan said:

I’m not defending it, rather I’m stating the Goedert isn’t untouchable. As I’ve repeatedly told you that your issue isn’t with me it’s the writer. Take it up with him.

38 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

I’m not defending it, rather I’m stating the Goedert isn’t untouchable. As I’ve repeatedly told you that your issue isn’t with me it’s the writer. Take it up with him.

Did you or did you not post it, talk about it as a report, parrot him making the Eagles the initiators of the trade discussions and then repeatedly defend it as being something to defend your own speculation?

The issue is that you took BLG as credible.   BLG is maybe half a notch above ESP.

14 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Did you or did you not post it, talk about it as a report, parrot him making the Eagles the initiators of the trade discussions and then repeatedly defend it as being something to defend your own speculation?

The issue is that you took BLG as credible.   BLG is maybe half a notch above ESP.

That’s your issue not mine. I know you all get all bent out of shape over writers, but that’s not relevant. He made his comment about how he thinks it was Howie who initiated the talk. The point is Goedert has been discussed in trade talks. That’s what’s relevant. Your issue with the writer is your problem. 

1 hour ago, EazyEaglez said:

That’s your issue not mine. I know you all get all bent out of shape over writers, but that’s not relevant. He made his comment about how he thinks it was Howie who initiated the talk.

The point is Goedert has been discussed in trade talks. That’s what’s relevant. Your issue with the writer is your problem. 

goal-post-moving.gif

That’s your issue not mine. I know you all get all bent out of shape over writers, but that’s not relevant. He made his comment about how he thinks it was Howie who initiated the talk. The point is Goedert has been discussed in trade talks. That’s what’s relevant. Your issue with the writer is your problem. 

Wow, you're really gonna change the whole discussion now?  Thats remarkable that you can just do that and not admit to anything.  Wow.

Now there’s speculation that Goedert gets traded for some kind of deal for Watson. I heard Dillard’s name mentioned too. One guy came to camp and failed his physical and the other guy is getting recked by no named lineman. Yeah I don’t think they’re gonna seal that Watson deal at all. 😂

My first Goedert related comment.

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2021/9/2/22653907/nfl-trade-rumors-dallas-goedert-zach-ertz-eagles-vikings-texans-deshaun-watson-philadelphia-tight-te

BGN is reporting the Eagles reached out to the Vikings in possibly trading Goedert. They’re also saying they want to try to put him in a package for Watson. Hopefully it’s just more of the same Eagles rumor spreading for clickbait, because there isn’t enough talent on this offense to be giving players away. For the record I don’t even think Watson would want the Eagles trading away a key offensive cog, plus draft capital to bring him in here. 

My second Goedert related comment. Not sure what’s confusing to people. Bottom line is the Eagles have had talks about moving Goedert in particular when it comes for trading for Watson. Didn’t realize so many people think this dude is untradeable. 😂

22 minutes ago, Vee said:

Wow, you're really gonna change the whole discussion now?  Thats remarkable that you can just do that and not admit to anything.  Wow.

Maybe you should reread my stance on this. People are so obsessed with Ertz being the one traded. It might not be the case. 

"My representation, we talked about it earlier. We thought we'd have a deal done by this time of the year," Goedert said Monday. "But the team decided to go a different way. We haven't got that done yet.”

https://www.nfl.com/news/dallas-goedert-thought-he-d-have-a-deal-done-with-eagles-by-start-of-season

An article on the NFL network right now. Seems like the Eagles aren’t as locked in as some of you are on Goedert. 

Now there’s speculation that Goedert gets traded for some kind of deal for Watson. I heard Dillard’s name mentioned too. One guy came to camp and failed his physical and the other guy is getting recked by no named lineman. Yeah I don’t think they’re gonna seal that Watson deal at all. 😂

My first Goedert related comment.

My second Goedert related comment. Not sure what’s confusing to people. Bottom line is the Eagles have had talks about moving Goedert in particular when it comes for trading for Watson. Didn’t realize so many people think this dude is untradeable. 😂

I’m sure there’s a way they can fit Watson under the cap but do they really want to go through another year of slashing and burning the roster and kicking the can down the road again. He has a $35m cap number next year. 

Archived