Ertz trade talk

DBW

17 hours ago, EagleVA said:

Honestly, Buffalo would substainily better their team with Ertz, a reliable TE that can get open is what Allen needs come playoff time as I thought is his play slipped slightly in the playoffs.

And not just get open but make those big catches in crucial moments. 

14 hours ago, NJWolverEagle11 said:

https://insidetheiggles.com/2021/07/19/philadelphia-eagles-zach-ertz-howard/amp/3/

Just seems like someone having a pipedream on paper but if anything of this sort happens it'd be highway robbery 

There's just no way Miami do that deal. I know Howard wants a new contract but there's no way. That's an awful trade. 

17 hours ago, NJWolverEagle11 said:

https://insidetheiggles.com/2021/07/19/philadelphia-eagles-zach-ertz-howard/amp/3/

Just seems like someone having a pipedream on paper but if anything of this sort happens it'd be highway robbery 

He's playing on a $15million a year contract that he wants improving, we save $8million trading Ertz and had about $1million in cap space on top of that, the only way we make that trade and get under the cap is by extending Howard and he's 28 now with 3 years left on his current deal which the majority of his cap hit is base salary (ie it would need to be converted to bonus to prorate to get under the cap and he'd ask for a chunk of it to be guaranteed), if Howie agreed to hand a 28 year old corner a 5 year contract at $17million per (or at the same money with a ton more guaranteed dollars), I'd fly over to Philly to kick his ass myself, because it would prove he'd learned nothing.

Howard will go to a team that needs one more piece on the back end and has a ton of cap space so they can pay him outrageous money while not being tied to a corner who'll be 33 by the time the contract the Eagles could afford would be over.

The longer this goes on the less I see Ertz moving. Basically at this point if Ertz really wants out then he might as well retire try to do what Bell did. Not like that worked out well for his career though. The best move for Ertz would be to come to camp, say all this stuff is behind him, play his butt off, and get paid next off-season. The Eagles are too cap strapped to do anything like franchise tag him so he can be off on his next journey. 

21 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

The longer this goes on the less I see Ertz moving. Basically at this point if Ertz really wants out then he might as well retire try to do what Bell did. Not like that worked out well for his career though. The best move for Ertz would be to come to camp, say all this stuff is behind him, play his butt off, and get paid next off-season. The Eagles are too cap strapped to do anything like franchise tag him so he can be off on his next journey. 

Eskin is now saying Ertz is likely to report to camp. Makes sense, he has no leverage and needs to play for what is likely his final contract.

I still think a trade is likely, but other teams need to understand we will not simply give away a recent 3 time pro bowl tight end. Eagles are right to take their time with this.

1 hour ago, ManchesterEagle said:

Eskin is now saying Ertz is likely to report to camp. Makes sense, he has no leverage and needs to play for what is likely his final contract.

I still think a trade is likely, but other teams need to understand we will not simply give away a recent 3 time pro bowl tight end. Eagles are right to take their time with this.

I think someone should start Ertz is staying topic.instead of Ertz being traded topic..since the probability of Ertz being traded at this point is becoming non factor. Ertz most likely will play out his last year here in preparation for the next year's free agency.

1 hour ago, Traveler Vic said:

I think someone should start Ertz is staying topic.instead of Ertz being traded topic..since the probability of Ertz being traded at this point is becoming non factor. Ertz most likely will play out his last year here in preparation for the next year's free agency.

If Ertz can stay healthy he could fetch a good price at the trade deadline. I think that was the plan last year, but he was hurt. 

Really don't understand why he's on the team still. I just hope he will not just "play not to get injured" and not give it his all. Last year his demeanor sucked! Could tell he didn't give AF.

41 minutes ago, Portyansky said:

Really don't understand why he's on the team still. I just hope he will not just "play not to get injured" and not give it his all. Last year his demeanor sucked! Could tell he didn't give AF.

I think it’s simply because the Eagles want at least a conditional third for him, but other teams are reluctant to give that after last year. 

It’s in Ertz’s interest to play well this year. Will really affect his next contract.

I still think he gets dealt at some point, but Howie is right to slow play it. 

6 hours ago, ManchesterEagle said:

I think it’s simply because the Eagles want at least a conditional third for him, but other teams are reluctant to give that after last year. 

It’s in Ertz’s interest to play well this year. Will really affect his next contract.

I still think he gets dealt at some point, but Howie is right to slow play it. 

Reports now are that he's over his issues and has been working out at the facility with his teammates the last couple of weeks.  He's planning to report and is expected to be on the opening day roster.  

Following an offseason that featured a ton of trade chatter around tight end Zach Ertz, the Eagles stood pat and the three-time Pro Bowler is now expected to report to training camp, according to multiple reports.

https://www.inquirer.com/eagles/eagles-sirianni-hurts-ertz-gannon-20210726.html

https://twitter.com/howardeskin/status/1417885654323769350?s=20

10 minutes ago, Hawkeye said:

Reports now are that he's over his issues and has been working out at the facility with his teammates the last couple of weeks.  He's planning to report and is expected to be on the opening day roster 

Following an offseason that featured a ton of trade chatter around tight end Zach Ertz, the Eagles stood pat and the three-time Pro Bowler is now expected to report to training camp, according to multiple reports.

https://www.inquirer.com/eagles/eagles-sirianni-hurts-ertz-gannon-20210726.html

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Latest on <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Eagles?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Eagles</a> Zach Ertz. I know hear there is a great chance Ertz will be on team at start of season. Been told Zach will be there at start of training camp Tuesday. Zach has been working out in team facility for close to last 2 weeks with teammates. He’s over the issues.</p>&mdash; Howard Eskin (@howardeskin) <a href="https://twitter.com/howardeskin/status/1417885654323769350?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">July 21, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

The only one reporting he is over his issues is Howard Eskin who is the least reliable reporter out there.  Others have stated that while he will report he is not over his issues. 

1 minute ago, RememberTheKoy said:

The only one reporting he is over his issues is Howard Eskin who is the least reliable reporter out there.  Others have stated that while he will report he is not over his issues. 

Link?

And Eskin, for all the annoyance, is more plugged in to the Eagles organization than anyone in town.  Being on their payroll probably helps. We'll see soon enough. 

5 minutes ago, Hawkeye said:

Link?

And Eskin, for all the annoyance, is more plugged in to the Eagles organization than anyone in town.  Being on their payroll probably helps. We'll see soon enough. 

When is the last time that Eskin has actuately reported/broke a news story?  A lot of reporters will get something wrong but I know of no one else who seems to get every single report wrong like Eskin does. 

Many times we had to wait for solutions to these situations. And usually the fans want to get things done quickly even if it is for cheap or nothing. Not long ago people here told me that we get a sixth at best for Wentz, and that dragged on for quite some time.

Usually Mr. Roseman is right to wait for a better offer. I get that some believe Ertz deserves better, but to me a contract is a contract and we deserve at least a fourth for him.

Still, I am glad these trades are negotiated by someone worth his salt.

Ertz reported for camp today and will be on the field tomorrow.  What happens next is anyone's guess but there are worse things in the world than Jalen Hurts having both Ertz and Godert along with Sanders in the 12 grouping, which "they" say Siriani likes a lot. 

I was thinking we deserve a fourth, but with this new look we might be forced to cut him after all. 🙈 (pun intended) 😁

On 7/27/2021 at 10:36 AM, Infam said:

Many times we had to wait for solutions to these situations. And usually the fans want to get things done quickly even if it is for cheap or nothing. Not long ago people here told me that we get a sixth at best for Wentz, and that dragged on for quite some time.

Usually Mr. Roseman is right to wait for a better offer. I get that some believe Ertz deserves better, but to me a contract is a contract and we deserve at least a fourth for him.

Still, I am glad these trades are negotiated by someone worth his salt.

20 hours ago, Hawkeye said:

Ertz reported for camp today and will be on the field tomorrow.  What happens next is anyone's guess but there are worse things in the world than Jalen Hurts having both Ertz and Godert along with Sanders in the 12 grouping, which "they" say Siriani likes a lot. 

People keep telling me I'm nuts, but I still expect and believe we will get at least a conditional 3rd for Ertz. People are too influenced by some of the Philly hacks who claim we should just release him. He's an asset and we need to treat him as such, not throw him away because our cap is tight or he's a bit unhappy about not getting a new contract.

Howie said he expects Ertz to be on the roster week 1. Trade deadline bait

He won't be traded at deadline either, there is like 3 trades in the whole league made at deadline in the NFL. Unless a team trades for him in a system he is familiar with he isn't going anywhere mid season either

4 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Can we trade his hair at least? 

20210729_002543.jpg

I think he looks pretty

On 7/26/2021 at 7:01 AM, Portyansky said:

What’s so hard to understand?  He’s under contract. They tried to trade him. Nobody wanted him, or their ask was too high.  Cutting him only saves $4m of cap space.  It’s not like He’s not a bad player so he’s worth the cap space.  

Archived