Ertz trade talk

DBW

So let me get his straight. Sometime after practice shortly before the start of the 2020 season, Howie Roseman and Zach Ertz had an exchange of words in front of the players. This supposedly 'heated' exchange was over guaranteed money in his upcoming contract extension a year after the team drafted a 2nd round player as his competition. A day or 2 later, Carson Wentz; who the team ALSO drafted a 2nd rd pick for HIS competition, would start the season with 5 turnovers; and showed little desire or capability to play any better throughout the season.

As I see it, there was a cancerous idea between Wentz and Ertz that, if the team was going to draft 2nd round competition for you, so that after 3 years, they could hold leverage with your extension, F them. They were going get mad and not play to their ability. If this was about management ethics, then I'm strongly on Howie's side in this. F both Wentz AND Ertz.

I'm a club performer. Clubs don't owe me loyalty just because because I had good gigs. It's a competition for ALL the gigs from ALL the clubs every night. That's my incentive. Bottom line is if you play well, you'll get rewarded.

Whatever impact the Ertz v Roseman talk had on the locker room, it should've never happened there. Show me a guy with both Ertz stats from last year and his salary this one. Sound the alarm. Ertz is lucky to not have been cut. If he plays, he should ball out or get cut.

Meanwhile Wentz is a hollerin about the vaccine. There goes our 1st rounder. I'm so glad we're rid of him in spite having his jersey.

20 hours ago, macgregor said:

So let me get his straight. Sometime after practice shortly before the start of the 2020 season, Howie Roseman and Zach Ertz had an exchange of words in front of the players. This supposedly 'heated' exchange was over guaranteed money in his upcoming contract extension a year after the team drafted a 2nd round player as his competition. A day or 2 later, Carson Wentz; who the team ALSO drafted a 2nd rd pick for HIS competition, would start the season with 5 turnovers; and showed little desire or capability to play any better throughout the season.

As I see it, there was a cancerous idea between Wentz and Ertz that, if the team was going to draft 2nd round competition for you, so that after 3 years, they could hold leverage with your extension, F them. They were going get mad and not play to their ability. If this was about management ethics, then I'm strongly on Howie's side in this. F both Wentz AND Ertz.

I'm a club performer. Clubs don't owe me loyalty just because because I had good gigs. It's a competition for ALL the gigs from ALL the clubs every night. That's my incentive. Bottom line is if you play well, you'll get rewarded.

Whatever impact the Ertz v Roseman talk had on the locker room, it should've never happened there. Show me a guy with both Ertz stats from last year and his salary this one. Sound the alarm. Ertz is lucky to not have been cut. If he plays, he should ball out or get cut.

Meanwhile Wentz is a hollerin about the vaccine. There goes our 1st rounder. I'm so glad we're rid of him in spite having his jersey.

:blink:

On 7/28/2021 at 3:37 PM, Bwestbrook36 said:

He won't be traded at deadline either, there is like 3 trades in the whole league made at deadline in the NFL. Unless a team trades for him in a system he is familiar with he isn't going anywhere mid season either

Now there’s speculation that Goedert gets traded for some kind of deal for Watson. I heard Dillard’s name mentioned too. One guy came to camp and failed his physical and the other guy is getting recked by no named lineman. Yeah I don’t think they’re gonna seal that Watson deal at all. 😂

41 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Now there’s speculation that Goedert gets traded for some kind of deal for Watson. I heard Dillard’s name mentioned too. One guy came to camp and failed his physical and the other guy is getting recked by no named lineman. Yeah I don’t think they’re gonna seal that Watson deal at all. 😂

We can all but, guarantee that this will end horribly lol

On 7/29/2021 at 1:27 AM, NOTW said:

Can we trade his hair at least? 

20210729_002543.jpg

"It's gotta be the hair, Cotton, it's beautiful!   Feathered and lethal.   You just don't see it nowadays."

On 7/28/2021 at 3:37 PM, Bwestbrook36 said:

He won't be traded at deadline either, there is like 3 trades in the whole league made at deadline in the NFL. Unless a team trades for him in a system he is familiar with he isn't going anywhere mid season either

Considering the way injuries happen on this tram they might need him cause they don’t have other options.

7 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Considering the way injuries happen on this tram they might need him cause they don’t have other options.

That's fine with me I still like Ertz lol

23 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Especially when goeddert failed his physical.  

On 7/30/2021 at 2:48 PM, EazyEaglez said:

There’s no way they trade for Watson.  That fairy tale just needs to die.

4 minutes ago, DBW said:

There’s no way they trade for Watson.  That fairy tale just needs to die.

I wouldn't describe it as a fairy tale... Maybe a nightmare or a tales from the crypt lol

1 hour ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I wouldn't describe it as a fairy tale... Maybe a nightmare or a tales from the crypt lol

Exactly!!!  

Im reading this morning that Denzel Mims is 4th on the depth chart with the Jets and may consider trading him. 

Maybe Howie should call up Joe and see if they can work an Ertz, Mims swap with some late round pick included. 

3 hours ago, QuinnWR4 said:

Im reading this morning that Denzel Mims is 4th on the depth chart with the Jets and may consider trading him. 

Maybe Howie should call up Joe and see if they can work an Ertz, Mims swap with some late round pick included. 

In other words if you draft the exact opposite players that Howie and Eagle VA want we would have a championship team Evey year? 

I think the trade talk is pretty much over after last night. This team Needs Ertz. Hurts will rely on him when nothing else is open. 

On 7/31/2021 at 7:25 PM, Bwestbrook36 said:

Yeah, Deshaun is a cancer and a sexual assaulter. It would be like having Andrew Cuomo as our starting QB. A Nightmare. Howie is dumb, but he's not that dumb. 

It's all social media driven. Remember when the media had the Eagles as one of the teams going after Aaron Rodgers, as if that was ever going to happen. 

On 7/31/2021 at 5:54 PM, EazyEaglez said:

watch_the_tramcar__please_by_letsmakebis

On 8/9/2021 at 10:16 AM, QuinnWR4 said:

That would be a great move, I thought Mims was a polished receiver coming out.

:lol:.  Mims was as raw as they come when he entered the draft.  He was a big, athletic freak of a WR that some people become infatuated with.

On 8/9/2021 at 10:16 AM, QuinnWR4 said:

Actually I'd sweeten the deal for the Jets, Ertz and Reagor for Mims and a 3rd.

5 hours ago, EagleVA said:

Actually I'd sweeten the deal for the Jets, Ertz and Reagor for Mims and a 3rd.

If the Eagles want to keep Ertz as a security blanket for Ertz, maybe try a Reagor for Mims swap? Mims wasn't too impressive his rookie season either, but he does bring a size element that our current WRs don't possess. JJAW is 6'2 but at this point he's in danger of being cut rather than being trade bait. Reagor did show some flashes of ability his rookie year, but obviously still has work to do to be a reliable WR.

Perhaps the emergence of Quez Watkins pushes Reagor to the slot and maybe the Eagles unlock his potential (like they did with 2017 Nelson Agholor). Maybe no trade will be necessary, but we haven't even seen Devonta Smith in pre-season action yet, so this talk is all premature. We're hoping that Smith at least delivers as advertised, because the rest of the group has a lot to prove as it stands.

Well Ertz didn’t exactly help his draft value or his hope for a big contract with that drop he had on a very catchable pass. 

11 hours ago, eaglesfan0075 said:

If the Eagles want to keep Ertz as a security blanket for Ertz, maybe try a Reagor for Mims swap? Mims wasn't too impressive his rookie season either, but he does bring a size element that our current WRs don't possess. 

Perhaps the emergence of Quez Watkins pushes Reagor to the slot and maybe the Eagles unlock his potential (like they did with 2017 Nelson Agholor). 

Yeah, size is what the Eagles need at WR, you should have at least one jump ball guy, Mims is 6'3'' with a 38'' vertical to go along with a 4.38 40.

Unfortunately news out of Jets camp is they're not giving up on him, not sure he'll show improvement as I think the Jets went from bad to worse at QB.

Yes, Reagor belongs in the slot however I think the have 3 RBs that would fair better there.

11 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

4ECAC158-F961-4505-A381-B1BFEFE52F4D.thumb.jpeg.9024c154b86430dee5ed947b6ea7a6d7.jpeg

Not sure a guy who was willing to pony up $25million a year to sign Jonnu Smith and Hunter Henry should be making up BS stories about the price being too high for Zach Ertz.

Archived