Ertz trade talk

DBW

5 hours ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

Not sure a guy who was willing to pony up $25million a year to sign Jonnu Smith and Hunter Henry should be making up BS stories about the price being too high for Zach Ertz.

Seems like Belicheat is always going after former Eagles. It’s like he’s saying those dopes over there never knew how to use them. I’ll show them. 

9 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Seems like Belicheat is always going after former Eagles. It’s like he’s saying those dopes over there never knew how to use them. I’ll show them. 

Worked for us with Eric Rowe.

On 8/14/2021 at 8:33 AM, EagleVA said:

Yeah, size is what the Eagles need at WR, you should have at least one jump ball guy, Mims is 6'3'' with a 38'' vertical to go along with a 4.38 40.

Unfortunately news out of Jets camp is they're not giving up on him, not sure he'll show improvement as I think the Jets went from bad to worse at QB.

Yes, Reagor belongs in the slot however I think the have 3 RBs that would fair better there.

• 2 weeks later...
47 minutes ago, Hawkeye said:

So now he wants to stay?

He always wanted to stay.  It’s the media that was driving the narrative that he wanted out and the rift between he and howie.  The media makes this same story every year out of every player in a contract year or approaching it.  You can’t see that? 

2 minutes ago, DBW said:

He always wanted to stay.  It’s the media that was driving the narrative that he wanted out and the rift between he and howie.  The media makes this same story every year out of every player in a contract year or approaching it.  You can’t see that? 

He always wanted to say but he wanted top TE money

4 minutes ago, DBW said:

No, I can't see that. He wanted a new deal, the Eagles said "no" and he had a tearful farewell news conference.

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/eagles/it-sounded-good-bye-tearful-zach-ertz

There was no trade market for him and his 

But yeah, let's blame "the media", whatever that even is anymore...

11 minutes ago, Hawkeye said:

No, I can't see that. He wanted a new deal, the Eagles said "no" and he had a tearful farewell news conference.

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/eagles/it-sounded-good-bye-tearful-zach-ertz

There was no trade market for him and his 

But yeah, let's blame "the media", whatever that even is anymore...

Exactly he wanted a new deal. To stay here.  The media made it this big blown up fight between him and Howie and said he wanted out and would never resign here etc.   He probably  figured Howie wasn’t going to give him what he wanted, and maybe he’s right, and allegedly Howie tried to trade him but didn’t get enough value back.  I said all along that he wasn’t going to be traded.  Howie cleared plenty of cap space so they didn’t need to trade him.  He’s a good player and under contract there’s no reason to not want him here.  I believe they’ll work out a deal to keep him around.  They kept celek beyond what they probably should have, so similarly they can do that here with zach. 

20 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

He always wanted to say but he wanted top TE money

Well we all know he won’t get travis kelce money.  My prediction is if he’s having a good year they’ll look to extend him early but otherwise he’ll be allowed to test FA and maybe they match it or get close to it.  I’m willing to bet he takes years over dollars being that he loves the area and wants to stay in philly on a personal level.  Someone would need to blow him away and Eagles not want to match.  

1 hour ago, Hawkeye said:

So now he wants to stay?

He's been saying that he's apologized before he has always wanted to be here. The wanting to be here and not getting a new contract is new but, he always said he wanted to retire here. 

31 minutes ago, DBW said:

Exactly he wanted a new deal. To stay here.  The media made it this big blown up fight between him and Howie and said he wanted out and would never resign here etc.   He probably  figured Howie wasn’t going to give him what he wanted, and maybe he’s right, and allegedly Howie tried to trade him but didn’t get enough value back.  I said all along that he wasn’t going to be traded.  Howie cleared plenty of cap space so they didn’t need to trade him.  He’s a good player and under contract there’s no reason to not want him here.  I believe they’ll work out a deal to keep him around.  They kept celek beyond what they probably should have, so similarly they can do that here with zach. 

I think both sides realized they had misjudged the market, took some time to cool off, shook hand and made up.  Ertz can be a game changer for Hurts. 

1 minute ago, Hawkeye said:

I think both sides realized they had misjudged the market, took some time to cool off, shook hand and made up.  Ertz can be a game changer for Hurts. 

Yeah there’s truth to that!  I’d love for you him to stay. He’s a solid player and was clutch in 2017!

7 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

He's been saying that he's apologized before he has always wanted to be here. The wanting to be here and not getting a new contract is new but, he always said he wanted to retire here. 

Fair enough. I should have said "he wants to stay and play under his current contract after the Eagles realized there's no trade market and Ertz's camp realized that being paid $13 million a year is the best he's going to get". 

3 minutes ago, Hawkeye said:

Fair enough. I should have said "he wants to stay and play under his current contract after the Eagles realized there's no trade market and Ertz's camp realized that being paid $13 million a year is the best he's going to get". 

I actually just came back to say he could just making sure he is being a good boy so if he plays well he may help his trade value a little or when he is a free agent. 

1 hour ago, EazyEaglez said:

Well sounds like Ertz is content… for now.

Leave him alone!!

12 hours ago, Hawkeye said:

I think they could jerry rig a trade with Buffalo, it's probably more accurate to say that Howie would rather pay him millions of dollars and let him walk than accept a 4th, and that's almost certainly because he knows that Indy took his pants down over the Wentz trade and he doesn't want a reputation as a sucker to go along with his reputation as a godawful talent spotter.

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2021/9/2/22653907/nfl-trade-rumors-dallas-goedert-zach-ertz-eagles-vikings-texans-deshaun-watson-philadelphia-tight-te

BGN is reporting the Eagles reached out to the Vikings in possibly trading Goedert. They’re also saying they want to try to put him in a package for Watson. Hopefully it’s just more of the same Eagles rumor spreading for clickbait, because there isn’t enough talent on this offense to be giving players away. For the record I don’t even think Watson would want the Eagles trading away a key offensive cog, plus draft capital to bring him in here. 

4 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2021/9/2/22653907/nfl-trade-rumors-dallas-goedert-zach-ertz-eagles-vikings-texans-deshaun-watson-philadelphia-tight-te

BGN is reporting the Eagles reached out to the Vikings in possibly trading Goedert. They’re also saying they want to try to put him in a package for Watson. Hopefully it’s just more of the same Eagles rumor spreading for clickbait, because there isn’t enough talent on this offense to be giving players away. For the record I don’t even think Watson would want the Eagles trading away a key offensive cog, plus draft capital to bring him in here. 

To me that smacks as Howie realising he messed up and didn't get anything for one TE so he's going to try and get something for the other. Problem there is Goedert is much younger and is the long term answer for this team not Ertz. TEs play a big role in this league so why would you leave yourself with none in a year or two?

5 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

I think you got that backwards.  It said that the Vikings and Eagles 'had discussions'.  It did not say who initiated the discussions.  And given that the Vikings later did make a trade for a TE, it is more likely that the Vikings made phone calls to multiple teams, but they were not interested in Ertz, but rather Goedert from the Eagles... and they discussed that but wouldn't meet the Eagles' price.

1 hour ago, Iggles_Phan said:

I think you got that backwards.  It said that the Vikings and Eagles 'had discussions'.  It did not say who initiated the discussions.  And given that the Vikings later did make a trade for a TE, it is more likely that the Vikings made phone calls to multiple teams, but they were not interested in Ertz, but rather Goedert from the Eagles... and they discussed that but wouldn't meet the Eagles' price.

The writer implied that the Eagles engaged in those discussions, and also implied the Eagles were also considering throwing him in a Watson deal. 

Archived