Eagles trade pick #6 and #156 to Miami for pick #12, #123, and a 2022 1st

Jenkins27

Why do I keep feeling that the Colts pick in the Wentz trade will end up being a 2nd rounder? 75% of the regular season snaps is almost 13 games out of 17. He better stay healthy for a change.

1 hour ago, PoconoDon said:

Why do I keep feeling that the Colts pick in the Wentz trade will end up being a 2nd rounder? 75% of the regular season snaps is almost 13 games out of 17. He better stay healthy for a change.

I mean he stayed healthy last year right? He stayed healthy for all of the previous year. I think he's played 75% of snaps in 3 out of his 5 years so far?

5 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I mean he stayed healthy last year right? He stayed healthy for all of the previous year. I think he's played 75% of snaps in 3 out of his 5 years so far?

Even the year he blew his knee out he still played 13 games. His worse year for being injured was 2018 he played 11 games. Like I've said multiple times he's missed 9 games in 5 years due to injury, the injury stuff is way overblown especially when it comes to actual games being completely missed.

You can say he didn't finish seasons all you want but he still started that playoff game and he was benched because he sucked ass last year, I don't think he is anywhere nearly as bad as this past year on the colts. 

24 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Even the year he blew his knee out he still played 13 games. His worse year for being injured was 2018 he played 11 games. Like I've said multiple times he's missed 9 games in 5 years due to injury, the injury stuff is way overblown especially when it comes to actual games being completely missed.

I don't necessarily think the injury stuff is overblown bud. He's suffered 2 serious injuries in his career and the concussion is also a concern (as it would be with any player). 

When he's suffered those injuries has ultimately meant he's limited how much time he's missed. Doesn't mean the injuries aren't a concern. 

2 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I don't necessarily think the injury stuff is overblown bud. He's suffered 2 serious injuries in his career and the concussion is also a concern (as it would be with any player). 

When he's suffered those injuries has ultimately meant he's limited how much time he's missed. Doesn't mean the injuries aren't a concern. 

I don't care what the injuries were he missed 9 games in 5 years. I care about getting the 1st round pick that's it. 

5 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

You can say he didn't finish seasons all you want but he still started that playoff game and he was benched because he sucked ass last year, I don't think he is anywhere nearly as bad as this past year on the colts. 

I think the injury moniker is a bit overblown. A lot of QBs miss games due to injury their first few years (Stafford, Tannehill, etc..). Injuries to different types of tissues are generally seen as independent and do not indicate a greater predictor of future injury. On the other hand, if it was consistently a specific body part or type of injury then it would be a cause for concern. For example, Alshon always had soft tissue injuries throughout his career. He could be labeled as injury prone. Wentz missed eight games due to his knee and five to his back. The concussion should be negligible as those are not based on the players physiology, affects all players, and has not been a reoccurring issue.

Reports are now the Dolphins are fielding calls for the 6th pick in the draft. If they get a bigger haul than the Eagles did.....

2 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Reports are now the Dolphins are fielding calls for the 6th pick in the draft. If they get a bigger haul than the Eagles did.....

You know they will

4 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

The Dolphins overpaid according to Joe Banner, so unless they are moving down into the teens that isn't going to happen. Don't let me get in the way of you following everyone else to chase that low hanging fruit though.

19 minutes ago, T-1000 said:

The Dolphins overpaid according to Joe Banner, so unless they are moving down into the teens that isn't going to happen. Don't let me get in the way of you following everyone else to chase that low hanging fruit though.

Joe Banner doesn’t really move my needle on anything. He was a numbers guy who got carried in Philly due to some great football minds and was completely exposed in Cleveland. Hasn’t had a job in the NFL since. 

5 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Joe Banner doesn’t really move my needle on anything. He was a numbers guy who got carried in Philly due to some great football minds and was completely exposed in Cleveland. Hasn’t had a job in the NFL since. 

Ok, well how about using common sense then. They got a first as well as a fourth for a fifth to move down 6 spots. Based on the draft value chart the 6th pick was worth 1600, the 12th and 50th picks would have been worth the exact same 1600. So a first next year in a better and more accessible draft, along with a 4th for a 5th is great value and better value for the Eagles than the value chart says.

They could have had one of Pitts, Chase or Surtain.  They would most likely have had a choice between two of those three without that idiot trade.  Games are won by players on the field, not by a points chart.  Without a move back up they will be shut out of those three.  All Howie had to do was Nothing.  But the fool can't help himself.

7 hours ago, T-1000 said:

Ok, well how about using common sense then. They got a first as well as a fourth for a fifth to move down 6 spots. Based on the draft value chart the 6th pick was worth 1600, the 12th and 50th picks would have been worth the exact same 1600. So a first next year in a better and more accessible draft, along with a 4th for a 5th is great value and better value for the Eagles than the value chart says.

1 hour ago, Eagles1960 said:

They could have had one of Pitts, Chase or Surtain.  They would most likely have had a choice between two of those three without that idiot trade.  Games are won by players on the field, not by a points chart.  Without a move back up they will be shut out of those three.  All Howie had to do was Nothing.  But the fool can't help himself.

Firstly - Surtain at 6 would have been a reach. He may be there at 12 and certainly one of he or Horn should be. (There is not a big difference)

Chase or Pitts would have been nice if we stayed at 6 but neither might be there. Miami had the trade back up to 6 in place before they made the San Fran trade. If Miami stays put there was a good chance of them taking Chase or Pitts at 3. Pitts could easily go to Atlanta. Chase may well go to the Bengals.

If the Dolphins are thinking about moving down again, doesn't that suggest that they think  maybe the player they were targeting won't be there? 

Howie has done plenty wrong over the past 3 years, but the trade down was a good move which should help this team going forwards.

On 3/26/2021 at 8:32 AM, ggs5008 said:

All about seeing what Hurts can do. If he is not the guy, then they have the ammo next year to move up and get the QB.

I see that mindset frequently.

I wonder if the price to move up for QBs will skyrocket over the next few years and cost more than it has in the past. Over the next few years, there will be a lot of high end QBs retiring or low end QBs needing to be replaced. That's going to put a premium on high draft picks. Maybe at that time three number one picks won't be enough to move into the top three.

16 hours ago, T-1000 said:

They probably won’t move at all, but if the do obviously they aren’t going to take less than what they gave up. 

Philly sports is in a bad way right now. Phillies lost to Gabe and they were so bad the stadium erupted into Fire Howie chants. 😂

3 hours ago, NOTW said:

The face that will make the decisions next week.

Howie PC.PNG

Reminds me a lot of the sleazy hotel guy from Dirty Dancing

Lonny Price as Neil Kellerman in Dirty Dancing

3 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Philly sports is in a bad way right now. Phillies lost to Gabe and they were so bad the stadium erupted into Fire Howie chants. 😂

Say what you want about Howie as a GM, but he would definitely be an upgrade at CF for the Phillies.

On 4/17/2021 at 3:09 PM, Bwestbrook36 said:

Absolutely, he should have but it appears that people with in the organization already knew this is how Wentz was going to react. So the eagles did this to themselves

Funny thing is Howie seemed shocked that Carson had a negative reaction to drafting Hurts. He was on the radio trying to do damage control, because most people reacted negatively towards the pick. Jalen Hurts can end up being a HOF player, but that doesn’t take away from how strange that selection was. Basically the Eagles were investing in Wentz to fail. 

2 minutes ago, ManchesterEagle said:

Say what you want about Howie as a GM, but he would definitely be an upgrade at CF for the Phillies.

He can’t be any worse than Roman Quinn. 

1 minute ago, EazyEaglez said:

He can’t be any worse than Roman Quinn. 

Quinn is faster to be fair, but Howie might not swing at every breaking ball that gets buried in the ground. It would be close.

Job swap? Kingery, Quinn and Moniak Eagles GM - Howie CF and as an alternative longman to Vince Velazquez?

21 minutes ago, ManchesterEagle said:

Quinn is faster to be fair, but Howie might not swing at every breaking ball that gets buried in the ground. It would be close.

Job swap? Kingery, Quinn and Moniak Eagles GM - Howie CF and as an alternative longman to Vince Velazquez?

Reading all those names and realizing how bad of shape the Phillies are truly in really is a sad feeling. 

11 hours ago, ManchesterEagle said:

Firstly - Surtain at 6 would have been a reach. He may be there at 12 and certainly one of he or Horn should be. (There is not a big difference)

Chase or Pitts would have been nice if we stayed at 6 but neither might be there. Miami had the trade back up to 6 in place before they made the San Fran trade. If Miami stays put there was a good chance of them taking Chase or Pitts at 3. Pitts could easily go to Atlanta. Chase may well go to the Bengals.

If the Dolphins are thinking about moving down again, doesn't that suggest that they think  maybe the player they were targeting won't be there? 

Howie has done plenty wrong over the past 3 years, but the trade down was a good move which should help this team going forwards.

Exactly. Howie haters, sadly don't even realize how stupid they are making themselves look. I literally saw someone say yesterday how great super bowl 52 was, and there is no hope of that ever happening again in the near future since the right people aren't in place running the franchise. I guess he forgot Howie was the one who drafted Lane Johnson, Zach Ertz, Big V, Mills, etc and signed Blount, Long, and Robinson. Howie's drafts in recent years have been terrible, but he has also done a lot of good things. He's a middle of the road GM with clear strengths and one major weakness. Either way, I get people not liking the trade down from 6 to 12, but those who trash it without making it clear that they got tremendous value to make the move are clueless. Also, for the love of god can we let Chase, Pitts, and Sewell step on an NFL field for one play before proclaiming they are generational talents. 

1 hour ago, EazyEaglez said:

They probably won’t move at all, but if the do obviously they aren’t going to take less than what they gave up. 

Well, if they move down to 8 or 9 they sure as crap will be taking less.  11 or 13 would be something similar, and if they move down into the 15-17 range they would get more. This crap is all basically color by numbers since most teams use the trade value chart or some form of it that we as fans have access to.

Archived