Eagles trade pick #6 and #156 to Miami for pick #12, #123, and a 2022 1st

Jenkins27

8 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I mean if he gets back to 2017 Wentz then yes absolutely. 2019 not so much. I mean the last 4 games in 2019? Yeah he was really good but the rest of the year he wasn't. 

That last month of 2019 whilst only 4 games and not against the best competition is arguably some of the best football Wentz played (2017 included). He carried a bunch of PS players on his back. That’s what made the yuuuuuge drop in 2020 all the more confusing.

18 minutes ago, kiwieagle said:

That last month of 2019 whilst only 4 games and not against the best competition is arguably some of the best football Wentz played (2017 included). He carried a bunch of PS players on his back. That’s what made the yuuuuuge drop in 2020 all the more confusing.

That's why I thought 2020 he was going to come in during on all cylinders. Because of 2019. 

3 hours ago, kiwieagle said:

Meh, remember the near-loss to Miami, when Miami was looking like a team that might win 1 game? He was horrible in the first half. He was good in those 4 games, but I wasn't exactly blown away. They barely beat a crappy Cowboys team at home in that stretch, and even against the Giants, they sputtered until pulling away with a big 4th quarter. Those games were fool's gold. When they came up against true competition, Wentz was stonewalled just like everybody else. They scored a whopping 18 points total in two games against the Seahawks, and Seattle had a very mediocre defense that year.

21 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

That's why I thought 2020 he was going to come in during on all cylinders. Because of 2019. 

I don't think you are alone there either bud! I think most of us did. I think most of us went in to the 2020 season feeling pretty good about the QB and the HC! And in fact felt good about the combination between them.

18 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I don't think you are alone there either bud! I think most of us did. I think most of us went in to the 2020 season feeling pretty good about the QB and the HC! And in fact felt good about the combination between them.

That's also why it's so easy to make the connection that the Hurts pick effed him up. I hope that really isn't the case but it's a good possibility

48 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

That's also why it's so easy to make the connection that the Hurts pick effed him up. I hope that really isn't the case but it's a good possibility

It shouldnt have though and that is a big problem.

When Wentz is on, he is one of the best QBs in the league, but I really question his ability to lead a locker room. He had veterans questioning him leading to a split, he completely fell apart when the team drafted a backup QB and he could never get out of Foles shadow, who while a hero in Philly is really a mediocre at best QB.

Maybe a change of scenery and reflection will help him in the long run, but there was no way he was going to be able to be fixed here.

1 hour ago, pallidrone said:

It shouldnt have though and that is a big problem.

When Wentz is on, he is one of the best QBs in the league, but I really question his ability to lead a locker room. He had veterans questioning him leading to a split, he completely fell apart when the team drafted a backup QB and he could never get out of Foles shadow, who while a hero in Philly is really a mediocre at best QB.

Maybe a change of scenery and reflection will help him in the long run, but there was no way he was going to be able to be fixed here.

I don't think Wentz is mentally strong and it is an issue. That being said...the FO here seems toxic as freaking heck. When they gave him the extension they had to know his deficiencies. Why did they let Foles walk, give him the big contract, then draft a QB in round 2? Indecisive or not thinking things through at best on their part and setting him up for failure because they had to know he wouldn't handle it well. Trade him before the big contract or put everything behind him and build him up. You are right a change of scenery may help him.

2 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I mean yeah it is a connection to make an a logical one to make for sure! But if he's to get so effed up by that draft pick then he really doesn't have the right mentality does he?

13 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I mean yeah it is a connection to make an a logical one to make for sure! But if he's to get so effed up by that draft pick then he really doesn't have the right mentality does he?

Didn't seem to negatively affect Rodgers when they did the same (except for GB it was a 1st rd pick not a 2nd).  

3 hours ago, time2rock said:

Didn't seem to negatively affect Rodgers when they did the same (except for GB it was a 1st rd pick not a 2nd).  

Yup,

Rodgers: "I'll show you!" *Proceeds to have an MVP season*
Wentz: "Don't you love me?!" *Proceeds to $h*t the bed*

3 hours ago, time2rock said:

40 minutes ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

Yup,

Rodgers: "I'll show you!" *Proceeds to have an MVP season*
Wentz: "Don't you love me?!" *Proceeds to $h*t the bed*

Exactly this. I was never in any doubt that they picked Hurts to be an alternative to Wentz. It was all rubbish about "needing a good back-up" or "Quarterback factory"

You can criticise the Eagles for giving Wentz that contract in the first place, or doing an about turn in 2020 by drafting competition. 

But I don't agree with those who say that the Eagles contributed to Wentz's poor performance by taking Hurts. Any decent QB would see it as an insult and raise their game and force the Eagles to offload Hurts in a trade because of their play. That's what Rodgers and Brady did. Make the Eagles look stupid for taking him. Don't prove them right by being awful.

19 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Disagree, I think by the end of 2019 a lot of us had watched Wentz do most of 2 seasons playing OK but not near elite and Doug's offense basically going nowhere and were pretty much expecting another 9-7 season at best, especially after Dillard went down.

19 hours ago, time2rock said:

Exactly! That's the way to respond. To go out there, perform and then there is no reason to bench you. There's no reason to consider the back up, the rookie who you just drafted in the second round. 

15 hours ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

Disagree, I think by the end of 2019 a lot of us had watched Wentz do most of 2 seasons playing OK but not near elite and Doug's offense basically going nowhere and were pretty much expecting another 9-7 season at best, especially after Dillard went down.

So I don't completely disagree. I saw issues going in to the 2020 season and I wasn't at all convinced we were going to be contenders. That said I didn't think that Wentz would be one of the worst QBs in the league. 

5 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

So I don't completely disagree. I saw issues going in to the 2020 season and I wasn't at all convinced we were going to be contenders. That said I didn't think that Wentz would be one of the worst QBs in the league. 

- Bad Coaching/Ownership

- Horrible Offensive Line due to injuries

- Drafting Hurts (playing on the psyche) 

- Again, lack of skill players especially at the WR (Imagine Jefferson and Metcalf instead of our dreck)

Look I'm not giving Wentz a pass....but I am absolutely expecting him in Indianapolis under Reich to be closer to 2017/end of 2019 Wentz instead of what we saw last year.   And that will just prove, it is an Eagles issue, not a Wentz one.

5 hours ago, NYEagle said:

Look I'm not giving Wentz a pass....but I am absolutely expecting him in Indianapolis under Reich to be closer to 2017/end of 2019 Wentz instead of what we saw last year.   And that will just prove, it is an Eagles issue, not a Wentz one.

I think the reality is it was an Eagles and a Wentz issue. He should have been mentally stronger and should have approached the Hurts draft pick completely differently. That said the Eagles organisation is a mess and that also contributed. 

1 minute ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I think the reality is it was an Eagles and a Wentz issue. He should have been mentally stronger and should have approached the Hurts draft pick completely differently. That said the Eagles organisation is a mess and that also contributed. 

He shouldn't of even had to have any reaction. A qb shouldn't of been drafted in the 2nd. eagles created this all on their own. 

Just now, Bwestbrook36 said:

He shouldn't of even had to have any reaction. A qb shouldn't of been drafted in the 2nd. eagles created this all on their own. 

I don't disagree. They should have used that pick on a player who could have had an impact last year. It was a dumb pick at the time but Wentz should have reacted better. 

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I don't disagree. They should have used that pick on a player who could have had an impact last year. It was a dumb pick at the time but Wentz should have reacted better. 

Absolutely, he should have but it appears that people with in the organization already knew this is how Wentz was going to react. So the eagles did this to themselves

My "Only the Eagles Get Screwed" mock draft (which I think is getting more likely everyday):

1-5 Trevor Lawrence, Zach Wilson, Justin Fields, Kyle Pitts, Penei Sewell

6 Dolphins - JaMarr Chase

7 Lions - DeVonta Smith

8 Panthers - Jalen Waddle

9 Broncos - Trey Lance 

10 Cowboys - Patric Surtain

11 Giants - Jaycee Horn (No way that Giants and Cowboys let either Horn or Surtain fall to us)

12 We are stuck with having to choose either Micah Parsons or some O lineman 

13 ??

14 ??

15 Patriots - Mac Jones (Patriots again get the steal of the draft, they can stay at 15 since they know there's almost zero chance anyone from 10-14 is going QB)

Actually if this scenario plays out, our best move is probably picking Mac Jones and try to trade Hurts or something.

6 hours ago, opa-opa said:

My "Only the Eagles Get Screwed" mock draft (which I think is getting more likely everyday):

7 Lions - DeVonta Smith

9 Broncos - Trey Lance 

11 Giants - Jaycee Horn (No way that Giants and Cowboys let either Horn or Surtain fall to us)

13 ??

14 ??

15 Patriots - Mac Jones (Patriots again get the steal of the draft, they can stay at 15 since they know there's almost zero chance anyone from 10-14 is going QB)

Actually if this scenario plays out, our best move is probably picking Mac Jones and try to trade Hurts or something.

If that is the case, then they might go Slater or trade down.

1 hour ago, CaliEagle said:

7 hours ago, opa-opa said:

7 Lions - DeVonta Smith

9 Broncos - Trey Lance 

13 ??

14 ??

If it turned out that way, I think trading down with the Pats might be a good option. Its looking more likely that Mac Jones is going to SF, so Fields or Lance would be in play unless CAR or DEN takes one. Pats don't know when they'll be drafting this high again so could take the chance to get a new QB. Swap first round picks, then the Eagles get NE's second and give up their later third round pick. So the Eagles would wind up drafting 15 with two seconds and a third. If they do that move, then they could take an edge rusher or OG in the first. Maybe get lucky with an X WR and CB2 in the second and a LB in the third. 

Only if things go really bad and all their guys are gone. 

I could also see them taking Slater, but there's a good chance he'd sit on the bench behind the two guards until next year when Kelce is retired or Brooks is gone. 

19 hours ago, CaliEagle said:

Slater, Parsons, or trade down 5/6 spots and try and get Farley or Newcomb. 

Not a disaster and I don't think it will play out this way anyway. (Actually think Slater goes top 10 - lots of teams need OL help.)

On 4/17/2021 at 6:03 PM, opa-opa said:

7 Lions - DeVonta Smith

9 Broncos - Trey Lance 

13 ??

14 ??

The Giants just paid a butload of money over the last two offseasons for James Bradbury and Adore Jackson, they aren't using the 11th overall pick on a corner with so many other needs.

On 4/17/2021 at 6:03 PM, opa-opa said:

7 Lions - DeVonta Smith

9 Broncos - Trey Lance 

13 ??

14 ??

Giants aren't taking a corner they don't need so a sheety eagles team don't get him. That makes zero sense not every team is as dumb as the Eagles

Archived