ROUND 1 (#10): Eagles select DeVonta Smith (Alabama WR)

Moderator6

31 minutes ago, eaglesflyers#1 said:

Okay with the pick. Did we give up 70 or 84? Hopefully 84

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, ManchesterEagle said:

Great pick - true WR - stud.

The good pick was offset by giving up the 3rd, there was no need for that with all of the good WRs available, the focus in the 1st and 2nd rounds should have been defense.

If they gave their own 3rd it was a horrible move......one day Howie will learn to value the team's draft picks.

• Haha 3

Love the pick!  The way the draft was unfolding it felt like we were screwed.  Instead we get a top notch WR prospect! 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

And the board kept running as smooth silk...

Well done, my friend!

• Like 2

So with Smith, Reagor, Sanders, and Hurts have we just remade Jackson, Maclin, McCoy, and Vick? 

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, Bloodtype_Green said:

Love the pick!  The way the draft was unfolding it felt like we were screwed.  Instead we get a top notch WR prospect! 

I didn’t feel "screwed,” but wasn’t crazy about the fact that both Horn and Surrain were gone AND the Giants were sitting there at 11, a potential Smith landing spot.

8 minutes ago, Bloodtype_Green said:

"Prospect" being the operative term. I'll believe it when I see it.

9 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

The good pick was offset by giving up the 3rd, there was no need for that with all of the good WRs available, the focus in the 1st and 2nd rounds should have been defense.

If they gave their own 3rd it was a horrible move......one day Howie will learn to value the team's draft picks.

Dude... most were asking for Smith at 6. It was a good day. Jeezus

• Like 13

8 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

It was 84 and I strongly disagree.

Our big needs were WR and CB. Smith was widely regarded as a top 10 talent. There is a big drop off after that. None of the other corners were worth 12.

The draft was going badly for us. Howie made a great move.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Donnell Pumphrey of Wide Receivers

I like this comparison better. 

devonta smith.PNG

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

So interesting with a small WR on a team that suffers crazy amount of injuries. 

3 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

So with Smith, Reagor, Sanders, and Hurts have we just remade Jackson, Maclin, McCoy, and Vick? 

Hurts better not be sloppy with the ball like Vick. Better clean that ish up.

Howie overpaid to move up but it’s the cost of doing business within the division. I would do this 100/100 times. Great job Howie! This was masterful IMO

Just now, judunno said:

Hopefully he leans closer to Wilson than towards Vick, but he does need to clean up his turnovers. 

22 minutes ago, West_Philly said:

Did anyone else get a draft day felling.  We went from 6 to 12 then back up to 10 and gave our division rival an extra pick. Why not have traded our 6 for the 9 th pick and a first next year

You're crazy! You'd rather keep pick 84 this year and give up a 1st next year? Not me. If Wentz meets his playing quotas we will have three 1st rounders next year. In not, then it's two 1sts plus an additional 2nd. We also screwed the Giants from getting their guy in Smith. Howie got it right this time!

• Like 5

1 minute ago, judunno said:

"Like Vick"? LOL.. Could have just said.. "Like Wentz". 

Do you assume he's going to be a "running QB" because... nevermind.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As a Alabama alum and die hard Crimson fan I hereby take back every negative thing I've said this year. Roll tide! Go Eagles! I'm in heaven. Smith is a game changer. 

• Like 3

This dude is Isaac Bruce or Marvin Harrison. If Reagor can be useful we at least have the potential for a decent compliment of weapons for Hurts. Of course if most of the team isn’t hurt by week 3 it will be a miracle 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Heavywchamp said:

You're crazy! You'd rather keep pick 84 this year and give up a 1st next year? Not me. If Wentz meets his playing quotas we will have three 1st rounders next year. In not, then it's two 1sts plus an additional 2nd. We also screwed the Giants from getting their guy in Smith. Howie got it right this time!

This

This

And this

And because we have been suffering injury after injury.. this adds to reasons you DON'T take Waddle over Smith and a 1st.

• Like 5

Wow lets F’ng go. I was a Howie hater but lord what a successful first round. To pick up an extra first round pick and still get Devonta is masterful. 

Especially considering Chase,l and Pitts were gone before #6.  Finally a WR

• Like 2

Just now, MeccaDon123 said:

"Like Vick"? LOL.. Could have just said.. "Like Wentz". 

Do you assume he's going to be a "running QB" because... nevermind.

No Hurts was putting the ball on the ground at an alarming rate also. We need Hurts to fix that. And you're right Wentz was doing his best Mike Vick turnover impression as well.

1 minute ago, Uscg-green said:

As a Alabama alum and die hard Crimson fan I hereby take back every negative thing I've said this year. Roll tide! Go Eagles! I'm in heaven. 

And if this guy is happy and positive... we should just close this thread and count it a WIN/WIN!!!

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Uscg-green said:

As a Alabama alum and die hard Crimson fan I hereby take back every negative thing I've said this year. Roll tide! Go Eagles! I'm in heaven. 

Who body snatched Uscg-green? I don't think 🤔 I've ever seen you say anything positive. Imposter.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4