ROUND 1 (#10): Eagles select DeVonta Smith (Alabama WR)

Moderator6

1 minute ago, judunno said:

Who body snatched Uscg-green? I don't think 🤔 I've ever seen you say anything positive. Imposter.

What has happened before tonight that was remotely positive in the last year? But my favorite college player in a long time now wears Eagle Green. It's Christmas morning. Kids a absolute stud. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, judunno said:

Who body snatched Uscg-green? I don't think 🤔 I've ever seen you say anything positive. Imposter.

I was like.. lock this and close the thread ASAP

this has got to be a win/win

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Cowboy board blowing up. Kids gonna be their worst nightmare for years. Mistake. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

What has happened before tonight that was remotely positive in the last year? But my favorite college player in a long time now wears Eagle Green. It's Christmas morning. Kids a absolute stud. 

I'd love to see Fulgham take the next step too. That guy really flashed last season. Damn, we could actually have a decent WR corps.

Line stays healthy? No excuse for Hurts.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Madriver said:

I'd love to see Fulgham take the next step too. That guy really flashed last season. Damn, we could actually have a decent WR corps.

We could have had Jefferson and Smith together......... No no not gonna go down that road. Stop it lol. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, MeccaDon123 said:

I like this comparison better. 

devonta smith.PNG

Great now he isn't gonna go to practice

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I was today years old when I realized we will have the Heisman runner up, throwing to the Heisman winner. 

If you MUST rebuild.. not a bad way to do it.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, philafan4o8 said:

Howie overpaid to move up but it’s the cost of doing business within the division. I would do this 100/100 times. Great job Howie! This was masterful IMO

It is possible the Giants were also negotiating with the Cowboys, because they knew they Eagles were too. The Giants actions tonight clearly show they wanted Smith too. The Eagles might not have had a choice here. In any case the move was the right thing to do. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Great now he isn't gonna go to practice

dude.. we got the Heisman runner up, throwing to the Heisman winner.. and you talking about "practice"?

You talking about "practice"?

Not a game.. not a game...

You talking about "practice".. 

😜

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Madriver said:

Fulgham and Ward filled in off the practice squad and actually made some plays. Curious to see how they do in the new system along with Reagor and Smith. 

JJ-AWFUL needs to be cut tho. 

36 minutes ago, Heavywchamp said:

You're crazy! You'd rather keep pick 84 this year and give up a 1st next year? Not me. If Wentz meets his playing quotas we will have three 1st rounders next year. In not, then it's two 1sts plus an additional 2nd. We also screwed the Giants from getting their guy in Smith. Howie got it right this time!

To be fair, NYG did still get a really good WR.

Congratulations Eagles!

Smitty is a beast! Going to enjoy watching this this guy running great routes and SPEED!

Im also a Falcons fan, Pitts is also a great pick, but I would trade either one for the other!

1 hour ago, nipples said:

The point is that some of us aren’t sold on Smith, whether it is at 6 or 10.  

Yes but you got a first round for probably doing what you would have done anyway. The dolphins for sure got owned even if smith doesn’t work out. 

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, Heavywchamp said:

You're crazy! You'd rather keep pick 84 this year and give up a 1st next year? Not me. If Wentz meets his playing quotas we will have three 1st rounders next year. In not, then it's two 1sts plus an additional 2nd. We also screwed the Giants from getting their guy in Smith. Howie got it right this time!

I worded this wrong.  I meant could we have trade back to 9 and still got a first round pick next year?

20 minutes ago, Prime said:

For those who do not know, this man sincerely, and genuinely believes that the Earth is flat.

True story.

shouldn't make fun of someone who's on "edge"... literally.

😵 

🤣

• Like 1

Howie went luxury pick AGAIN in the first two rounds. Obviously, Smith is the best of the bunch. HOWEVER, it’s time to fill the important positions. We need two more good players in this draft.

11 minutes ago, SB52 said:

Howie went luxury pick AGAIN in the first two rounds. Obviously, Smith is the best of the bunch. HOWEVER, it’s time to fill the important positions. We need two more good players in this draft.

You have a magic crystal ball? Who did we take 2nd round?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, Uscg-green said:

I think we won the super bowl not to long ago. that was kind of positive and cool 😎

I think we've reached the epitome of "you can't please everybody" when you have people saying that giving up a late 3rd rounder to move up two spots in the top of the 1st when we already gained a 2022 1st or 2nd rounder for moving down is considered a bad thing.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Uscg-green said:

Cowboy board blowing up. Kids gonna be their worst nightmare for years. Mistake. 

I was wondering how their fans would react. I'll have to go read some of their stuff tomorrow. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Madriver said:

No - we need next two rounds. Hopefully, humphries g/c. 

I hadn't been this happy about our first pick in a good while.

Excellent job by Howie, I have to say. Especially considering that we wouldn't have gotten Chase or Pitts anyway.

• Like 2