ROUND 5 (#150): Eagles select Kenneth Gainwell (Memphis RB)

Moderator6

2 hours ago, NOTW said:

I agree on the 2 good picks (I don't know if I'd say amazing) and the 1 risky pick with upside.  Had they taken that kind of upside guy in the 3rd and in the 2nd got a good corner I think it would have been received a little better.  We just did that 4 years ago with Sidney Jones and that didn't work out.  Let's hope Dickerson is not always on IR.

I don't follow college and I never know much about the guys on day 3 especially.  But initial reaction Gainwell seems like a great pick, but Zech they say is a project and rolling the dice.  My guess is he will be cut in a couple years.  Williams is a decent pick, we'll see how he develops.  If he becomes a starter that's a great pick.

It is not the player..it's the value. If Eagles would have picked Dickerson in the 5th..I would have been praising the pick. If they would have picked him in the 3rd..I would have been .. A lot less upset...But at the top off the second with clear needs and top talent available.. it is a Major Major Reach.

1 hour ago, jsdarkstar said:

Reagor takes the cover off the top, Smith and Goedert exploit the middle, Gainwell underneath against a LB. I think I like it. The More I watch his tape, the more I really like this kid. Dual threat.

Smith can also take the top off probably.even more so than Reagor

• Like 3

He did not have a stroke...

Tulane did when he lit them up for 104 yrds rushing

and 203 yrds receiving

in the same game.

1st player in FBS to do this since 1997.

• Like 2

An ok pick. He may surprise some people, especially receiving out of the backfield.

26 minutes ago, Talonblood said:

An ok pick. He may surprise some people, especially receiving out of the backfield.

Better than ok. He’s the best pass catching RB in the draft by a significant margin. As good as Gibson or Henderson if not better. 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, NOTW said:

If an Austin Powers script writer were naming a RB character: Gainwell.  

Round 6: a QB named Throwgood.

If only there was a WR named Dropsgholor 

Wait...

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Better than ok. He’s the best pass catching RB in the draft by a significant margin. As good as Gibson or Henderson if not better. 

Didn’t the NFLN guys even call him the "steal of the draft”? I think this guy just hates Howie.

• Thanks 1

This pick was good and probably has the least questions attached.

• Like 3

Forget the 300+ yrds from scrimmage in a single game..

After Dallas gets Parsons.. just knowing this kid can chip a LB and knock him on his arse makes it a better than ok pick in the 5th round.. come on.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, vaff said:

Didn’t the NFLN guys even call him the "steal of the draft”? I think this guy just hates Howie.

I feel he is too. 

How is he in pass protection?

1 minute ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

Ask Micha Parsons.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, EaglesRocker97 said:

That’s Micah Parsons by the way. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Mrkingofspades said:

If only there was a WR named Dropsgholor 

Wait...

Now he's moneygholor

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

That’s Micah Parsons by the way. 

It's a great hit, but is that regular occurrence for him? The reports seem kind of mixed.

7 hours ago, NOTW said:

Yes and I like getting a young RB to develop and mix in with Sanders. 

The move should have been Rhamondre Stevenson in the 3rd, Belichick knew the deal, those are the types of backs that put trophies in your Trophy Case, you know, the Corey Dillion/LeGarrette Blount types.

Kenny Gainwell destroys Micah Parsons. 

6 hours ago, jsdarkstar said:

Reagor takes the cover off the top, Smith and Goedert exploit the middle, Gainwell underneath against a LB. I think I like it. The More I watch his tape, the more I really like this kid. Dual threat.

Stop the madness. We have the worst DBs in the league so will need to score 40 points a ga,e to beat anyone. Howie is a clown. 

1 hour ago, judunno said:

Now he's moneygholor

I feel like Nelson would really benefit from Mac Jones being the Patriots QB instead of Newton. Agholor has poor hands, and Cam doesn’t throw a very catchable ball. Not a good combination.

9 hours ago, judunno said:

Nah. He has to show something. He has been 1 yard and a cloud of dust the last two years. May have worn out the tread on his tires already. Had a lot of mileage his first few years

But at this point they don't have a bigger more physical back. Now they may add one but so far they haven't. 

9 hours ago, NOTW said:

They typically bring in UDFA running backs as well so we'll see.  

Still plenty of time but not so far. 

7 hours ago, eggs said:

Stop the madness. We have the worst DBs in the league so will need to score 40 points a ga,e to beat anyone. Howie is a clown. 

Did you really think Howie was going to fill all of the holes in this draft? Next year is part of the plan as well.

• Like 4

I grade this pick an A.

Another great value pick here. He should have gone just a bit earlier in the 3rd or 4th which bumps up my grade on him. Him opting out last year landed us a perfect fit. I had only 3 RBs on my list for this draft that I thought we could get. Carter, Gainwell and Felton due to us needing a recing RB for Nick's scheme. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, jsdarkstar said:

Did you really think Howie was going to fill all of the holes in this draft? Next year is part of the plan as well.

Also, people seem to forget that the season is still four months away.