Mlodj

The 2020 Corona Thread

2 minutes ago, we_gotta_believe said:

Edibles wear off already? 

No, I am completely positive about the direction of the virus, but not the direction of the media or government and not sure how anyone could be. Flipping between the 3 "news" channels is like living on 3 different planets

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, we_gotta_believe said:

Edibles wear off already? 

I was gonna say...that was quick :lol:

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

Story on CNN, person in hospital says he got while outside without mask

She wasn't "outside" she was on a screened-in porch.

nowhere is safe, doctor says

O'Neal said the hospital assumes all cases now consist of the Delta variant, and the only place people are safe from the virus is in their homes, she said. Even outside, "there is no more safe," she said.

Yeah all it will take is $100 to convince these types. I have no sympathy

"I have patients that denied they have Covid all the way up until intubation," she said. "They think that they have a cold, and they think that we're lying to them."

Amen, Jesse Kelly. Amen.

7 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

Are you fully vaccinated and don't wear a mask?

Are you fully vaccinated and still wear a mask?

Are you not vaccinated and don't wear a mask?

Are you not vaccinated and wear a mask?

Circling back to this after a quick trip to the grocery store tonight…

I can understand vaccinated people not wearing a mask because they don’t feel they are vulnerable anymore. 
I can understand vaccinated people continuing to wear masks because they’re either at high risk or concerned about possibly transmitting to others. 
I can understand unvaccinated people not wearing masks because they think the whole thing is made up/they’re not concerned about it. 
I can understand unvaccinated people wearing masks if they either can’t get the vaccine, or they feel they’re low risk/protected (already had it), but they don’t want to risk spreading it to others. 

But I absolutely cannot understand is why I see people in the grocery store walking around with their mask below their nose or, worse yet, pulled down under their chin. I mean, what could possibly be going through that person’s mind that would lead to the decision to wear a mask improperly at this point?

• Like 2

Ugh is there a more detestable group of people than Republicans. You can always count on them to put their foot down over the most insignificant ish. 

9 minutes ago, Kz! said:

Ugh is there a more detestable group of people than Republicans. You can always count on them to put their foot down over the most insignificant ish. 

No.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

No, I am completely positive about the direction of the virus, but not the direction of the media or government and not sure how anyone could be. Flipping between the 3 "news" channels is like living on 3 different planets

Why do you waste your time watching any of them?

1 hour ago, Kz! said:

I see at least one person in that group that is likely going to jail.

3 hours ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

She wasn't "outside" she was on a screened-in porch.

Just saw the same story black guy in hospital bed saying he got it outside at a barbecue

• Like 1

1 hour ago, barho said:

Why do you waste your time watching any of them?

Sometimes there is decent info, Online is not any better, so I try and keep up to date on what is happening, but it is frustrating watching sometimes. So new info tonight says the Delta variant is as contagious as chicken pox. They believe this will scare the unvaccinated, it will not. Get vaccinated or you are banished from things in society, the end, sounds totalitarian I guess, ok too bad, that's the way it is. All this crap like just talk to your doctor, get $100, enter a lottery this is all a waste of time. LikE Vikas I think said, no more medical coverage for the unvaxxed, no more job, no more bars, will have 90% vaxxed in a month. That along with full approval and children vaxxed means the end and the leftover stupid die, good riddance, if that sounds cruel I do not care

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

Just saw the same story black guy in hospital bed saying he got it outside at a barbecue

Yeah, I just saw that, too (I have watched that channel too much today, but BBC News was delayed 'til 11:30, so I was killing time). I thought about you when I heard that, because I guess I missed it the first time. It's totally believable if they were in close quarters. You ever been at a party where someone comes up close and is talking to you really loud right in front of your face, and you think "man, that guy's breath really smelled like alcohol." Well, that's basically how you get COVID. If someone is close enough to you that you're breathing in their breath, it really doesn't take much at all to be infected. That's why social distancing should always be practiced.

3 minutes ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

Yeah, I saw that, too (I have watched that channel too much today). I thought about you when I heard that, because I guess I missed it the first time. It's totally believable if they were in close quarters. You ever been at a party where someone comes up close and is talking to you really loud right in front of your face, and you think "man, that guy's breath really smelled like alcohol." Well, that's basically how you get COVID. If someone is close enough to you that you're breathing in their breath, it really doesn't take much at all to be infected. That's why social distancing should always be practiced.

Not possible forever and even if it were possible people would not do it, people are not going to stop cramming bars and restaurants and stop having parties

7 minutes ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

Not possible forever

I'm usually pretty good about not letting drunks get right up in my grill. It's not too hard, people have just gotten lazy. I'm not sure if that guy was vaccinated or not, but the point I was making was basically that people have let their guard down, and they think that masks or vaccination is a substitute for distancing, but it's not. You should still be distancing whenever possible. I never said anything about "forever," but people have been acting like the pandemic has been over for awhile now.

3 minutes ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

I'm usually pretty good about not letting drunks get right up in my grill. It's not too hard, people have just gotten lazy. I'm not sure if that guy was vaccinated or not, but the point I was making was basically that people have let their guard down, and they think that masks or vaccination is a substitute for distancing, but it's not. You should still be distancing whenever possible. I never said anything about "forever," but people have been acting like the pandemic has been over for awhile now.

I have always tried to avoid people as much as possible, my thinking has always been the more people you come in contact with the worse things will turn out for you and that has been been proven true but most won't even try distancing so that is not really an option and business want as many people as possible so they can make the most money.

Just now, Joe Shades 73 said:

I have always tried to avoid people as much as possible, my thinking has always been the more people you come in contact with the worse things will turn out for you and that has been been proven true but most won't even try distancing so that is not really an option and business want as many people as possible so they can make the most money.

If you're in a business, wear a mask. If you're outdoors and not masked, keep your distance.

Just now, EaglesRocker97 said:

If you're in a business, wear a mask. If you're outdoors and not masked, keep your distance.

And what % of the unvaxxed do you think will follow that?

45 minutes ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

If the viral loads are orders of magnitude higher as suspected, then outdoor transmission isn't as unlikely as it was before. People have to treat delta like a totally different virus. All the guidelines of last year don't necessarily apply anymore. Things like 6ft distancing, 15 min exposure times, face shields, etc may be obsolete with something that's 2 to 3 times more contagious. This provincetown outbreak is likely to have been fueled by some level of outdoor transmission.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

And what % of the unvaxxed do you think will follow that?

Who knows. Is that the topic of conversation? It seemed like you were more concerned about protecting yourself.

7 minutes ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

Who knows. Is that the topic of conversation? It seemed like you were more concerned about protecting yourself.

I am more concerned about myself than some unvaxxed fool but distancing is not an option they will ever do again and really did not do at all anyway

22 minutes ago, we_gotta_believe said:

If the viral loads are orders of magnitude higher as suspected, then outdoor transmission isn't as unlikely as it was before. People have to treat delta like a totally different virus. All the guidelines of last year don't necessarily apply anymore. Things like 6ft distancing, 15 min exposure times, face shields, etc may be obsolete with something that's 2 to 3 times more contagious. This provincetown outbreak is likely to have been fueled by some level of outdoor transmission.

Only 7 hospitalizations and zero deaths, the goal can no longer be no infections among the vaccinated, that will never happen, and if that is what the GOV tries for and hopes to achieve by lockdowns and mandates then the my pillow guy will be running the CDC in 4 years thanks to A trumper president but me being MR positivity knows once the vaccine mandates come in some form this will die out. Everything will be fine, try an edible, I hear they will help your outlook

• Confused 1

I expect this will follow suit in US.

Israel to offer Pfizer booster shots to folks over 60

Israel’s prime minister on Thursday announced that the country would offer a coronavirus booster to people over 60 who was vaccinated more than five months ago.

The announcement by Naftali Bennett makes Israel, which launched one of the world’s most successful vaccination drives this year, the first country to offer a third dose of a Western vaccine to its citizens on a wide scale.

Bennett said in a nationally televised address: "Reality proves the vaccines are safe. Reality also proves the vaccines protect against severe morbidity and death. And like the flu vaccine that needs to be renewed from time to time, it is the same in this case.”

Let’s hear it for the experimental vaccines! Big round of applause!

😂