Jump to content
Mlodj

The 2020 Corona Thread

Recommended Posts

Saw this email from the base here. Troops aren't allowed to go downtown for now b/c the number of cases on base are at a higher percentage than the native host country population. I'm guessing that processing the influx of 55,000 plus Afghan people might have had something to do with it. We also are now required to wear masks indoors and in vehicles when not alone again until further notice. 👎

 

Quote

The installation continues to be at a high COVID transmission rate with 10 new cases in the last 7 days, leading to a new case rate of 117 per 100,000.  By DoD policy, substantial or high transmission requires universal mask wear by all individuals, including those who are vaccinated.

Over the last 30 days, we have had 58 positive COVID cases.  37 (64%)  of those were fully vaccinated and 21 (36%) were not fully vaccinated.  Over the last 7 days, 9 of the new cases were vaccinated, 1 was not fully vaccinated.  This underscores the importance and need for mask wear to include vaccinated individuals, at least until our local transmission rate falls low enough to merit reconsideration.  I encourage everyone to be diligent about mask wear indoors, in confined spaces such as vehicles, and in congregate settings outdoors, so that our transmission rate falls and we can reset our posture. 

We remain in a closed posture for travel off the installation (except for mission essential) because the local transmission rate in //host country// is 24 new cases per 100,000, placing them in a moderate transmission risk category.  Movement of our population outside of the installation creates a transmission risk into the //host nation// population, which we want to avoid.

The mandatory Pfizer vaccine, Cominarty is not available in the AOR, but the EMDG continues to offer Moderna vaccination.  Although policy measures require things like mask wear during periods of higher transmission, vaccination still remains one of the most effective interventions to reduce transmission and has extremely high efficacy at preventing serious disease from COVID.  The EMDG will be resuming outreach to units with lower vaccination rates and I encourage individuals who are thinking about vaccination to speak to a clinician at the EMDG for more information.

 

V/R,

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Procus said:

See that's an idiot talking.

You people who are freaking out about the non-vaccinated because they can cause YOU to get sick don't even have the forethought to plan out what to do if you get a breakthrough infection.  I guess it really isn't that serious or you would have done so already.  Either that or you are really stupid.

Wait - so the new angle that non-vaxx people are using now is persecution?

I guess it won't be long before the most selfish, ignorant group in America tries to sue someone for a hate crime against them.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, pallidrone said:

Wait - so the new angle that non-vaxx people are using now is persecution?

I guess it won't be long before the most selfish, ignorant group in America tries to sue someone for a hate crime against them.

Is persecuting a complete idiot for doing an idiotic thing really bad though?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Boogyman said:

Is persecuting a complete idiot for doing an idiotic thing really bad though?

Not at all.

Especially when they are the ones that are throwing temper tantrums at school meetings or protesting city meetings because of mask mandates and the desire to get back to the 'way things used to be', but absolutely refuse to take the necessary steps to allow us to get to that point.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Procus said:

I do, and I did a novel thing many of you should consider - I spoke with different doctors about this already.  Guess what - three of them said Ivermectin is often very effective if given early enough as part of a regimen, but that they are getting pressure in the industry to suppress its use for treatment of Covid. 

And here's a question for all you science people and people who blindly follow all doctors - not just for Covid - do you believe in second opinions, or is the Doctor's word the final word?  You do realize that in many instances, you talk to three different doctors about a situation and you'll get three different opinions.

And as a follow up question for @vikas83, suppose the doctor is from Florida - are you going to listen to him given your prior remarks on doctors from there?

Ive been going to the same GP since I was a teenager, and the same cardiologist for 10 years. Yes, I trust them. My cardiologist told me to get vaccinated. He also said that hydrxochloriquin can cause organ failure. I'm going with his opinion over randos from the internet. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Paul852 said:

Yeah, totally made up who the people are refusing the vaccine. The lowest vaccinations rates being all red states (except Georgia) is just a coincidence. Totally just a narrative.

 

19 hours ago, Paul852 said:

Really need to know how many Phds this poll actually involved.

 

18 hours ago, DEagle7 said:

Probably because it's horseshit. Education level has one of the strongest positive correlations with vaccination rates studied factors.

Your issue needs to be taken up with the people behind the study...  Oh look at that University of Pittsburg and Carnegie Mellon University. what are these again? Ohhh places of higher education.  God you guys are so entrenched in your leftist dogma. 

 

Now, a separate study conducted by researchers at the University of Pittsburgh and Carnegie Mellon University has revealed some other interesting data about the vaccine hesitant.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One thing that has been revealed to me recently: 

People who have had COVID and survived with minimal issues, are also hesitant to get the Vaccine as they see this as an unecessary risk.

That can be argued but I cant blame them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Ipiggles said:

 

 

Your issue needs to be taken up with the people behind the study...  Oh look at that University of Pittsburg and Carnegie Mellon University. what are these again? Ohhh places of higher education.  God you guys are so entrenched in your leftist dogma. 

 

Now, a separate study conducted by researchers at the University of Pittsburgh and Carnegie Mellon University has revealed some other interesting data about the vaccine hesitant.

People who are vaccine hesitant are (the majority) less educated. That's just fact. Even the polls you posted show that aside from the phds (which there are only 3 million of in the entire country).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Chinese plant ?

Chinese defector claims he warned the US that China was covering up a deadly new virus in Wuhan MONTHS before Covid-19 was declared a pandemic - but was 'ignored' by Trump officials

By Levi Parsons For Daily Mail Australia04:54 EDT 15 Sep 2021 , updated 05:40 EDT 15 Sep 2021

 
+8
  • Defector Wei Jingsheng said he warned Trump administration about Covid
  • He claims he took his concerns to senior figures in the US gov but was ignored
  • The campaigner says he made the approach all way back in November 2019
  • Had heard rumours about a 'new SARS virus' being kept secret in China

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Talkingbirds said:

Chinese plant ?

Chinese defector claims he warned the US that China was covering up a deadly new virus in Wuhan MONTHS before Covid-19 was declared a pandemic - but was 'ignored' by Trump officials

By Levi Parsons For Daily Mail Australia04:54 EDT 15 Sep 2021 , updated 05:40 EDT 15 Sep 2021

 
+8
  • Defector Wei Jingsheng said he warned Trump administration about Covid
  • He claims he took his concerns to senior figures in the US gov but was ignored
  • The campaigner says he made the approach all way back in November 2019
  • Had heard rumours about a 'new SARS virus' being kept secret in China

 

 

To be fair in this, hindsight is 20/20. We can't be in the habit of overreacting to every claim a defector makes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Procus said:

Fine.  Let's get past vaccination.

You have a vaccinated patient call after hours.  They have Covid symptoms and received a positive result from a test earlier in the day.  They're feeling worse.  Fever, chills, bad cough.

What do you tell them re treating their illness?

i'd tell them to attend the nearest hanson concert. 

  • Haha 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, mayanh8 said:

 

We need an angry reaction option 😡 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yup - this pretty much sums it vis a vis many fake humanitarian liberals.  I suspect the liberal trolls on these boards aren't this bad, and if I came down with a bad case of Covid, they wouldn't wish death or horrible side effects on me.  But I could very well be wrong on that one . . .

Screenshot (140).png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just got the text from my friend. He hates my guts and he feels like absolute ass lol

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I convinced this dope to get the vaccine after months and months of arguing about it cause he thinks it isn't safe it's not approved blah blah blah. 

So what vaccine does he get? The one that is least effective and isn't approved by the FDA J&J lol. He is a good friend and all but, he is a Trump fan and he does Illogical Trump things. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bwestbrook36 said:

So I convinced this dope to get the vaccine after months and months of arguing about it cause he thinks it isn't safe it's not approved blah blah blah. 

So what vaccine does he get? The one that is least effective and isn't approved by the FDA J&J lol. He is a good friend and all but, he is a Trump fan and he does Illogical Trump things. 

Do you get to pick now? I got Moderna because that's what they had -- we couldn't choose.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, vikas83 said:

Do you get to pick now? I got Moderna because that's what they had -- we couldn't choose.

If you go to a pharmacy website they have what vaccine they are using at what times rite aid cvs ect. If you go to a hospital or doctor I don't think you get that luxury. 

Screenshot_20210915-125837.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, vikas83 said:

Do you get to pick now? I got Moderna because that's what they had -- we couldn't choose.

Yes. Our HR department is letting our vaccine hesitant employees know their various options before we terminate them. For example, the one and done J and J shot is a viable option. Go get one stick, be done with it and carry on your career with the company. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When I went on my road trip my idiot friend who went with me wasn't going to get the vaccine and said he didn't have time to cause of when we were leaving and I told him to get the j&j and he said you can't choose...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...