Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The Eagles Message Board

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

Featured Replies

17 minutes ago, nipples said:

Not sure I’m even watching game 3 if Embiid doesn’t play. 

I’m betting he plays just based of John Clark’s report today. However even if he does we aren’t winning 4 of 5 against Miami. The sixers even with embiid would basically have to play perfect In four games. We saw with them in the last series they could play great for 2. Win a game they probably shouldn’t and then be horrible the next two games. Before they finally start playing well again. Would also add the last time in be played with the mask he hated it. Not only is he dealing with that he also is dealing with a thumb injury. and he would need to be 35-40 points per game in this series. 

  • Replies 31.3k
  • Views 1.6m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

Posted Images

Well that was garbage.

The Sixers without Embiid

image.gif.ab9e4d3eb5cf75cd67e2a02eadd8ee06.gif

9E312A59-3A21-477A-BF65-8F91B21AAA89.thumb.jpeg.60f27e5a8bf0cf260634e0778a0949c0.jpeg

 

18 minutes ago, iladelphxx said:

 

It’s going to be sad by the time he reaches his max peak potential that embiid is likely declining or done. In 3-4 years he’s going to be insanely good. 

 

 

5 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Harden sucks.  When the half court set is Harden dribbling the ball between his legs under 10 seconds, it’s a sure sign that the offense won’t get points.  Move the ball and get others involved, much better.  

Funny how Harden supposedly can't do anything with a supposedly bum hamstring but Jimmy Butler at the same age can score 30 a game and play elite defense without the 3 being a part of his game on a bum knee. Tells you all you need to know about James Hamstrung

6 hours ago, iladelphxx said:

 

Don’t get any ideas LeBron

F'ing Sixers......this team makes you manic depressive.....I'm Happy!  I'm Happy!  I think?  I don't know any more?  I want to kill myself!

27 minutes ago, NYEagle said:

F'ing Sixers......this team makes you manic depressive.....I'm Happy!  I'm Happy!  I think?  I don't know any more?  I want to kill myself!

I suspect that Embiid comes back, they win a couple games, then ultimately lose the series in 6 or 7.  And we’ll be spending the whole offseason wondering what might have been if Joel hadn’t had to miss the first two games. 

14 minutes ago, nipples said:

I suspect that Embiid comes back, they win a couple games, then ultimately lose the series in 6 or 7.  And we’ll be spending the whole offseason wondering what might have been if Joel hadn’t had to miss the first two games. 

Depends what kind of Embiid we get. If he's playing but not really 100%, I can see once of those frustrating games where he's doubled and turning it over a lot.

embiid being out really shows how turrible his supporting cast is. the roster needs a compete overhaul, imo. maxey is the only untouchable. they need some long, athletic guys on the wings. they need more consistent shooters. they need better rebounders at the forward positions.  they need a backup pg.  they need a lot. 

morey needs to be very busy this offseason.  harden doesn't deserve anywhere near the max he wants. tobi needs to be traded. thybulle needs to be traded before his value completely dries up...if it hasn't already. shake & kork can go. jordan & milsap need to retire. they can't come back next season with niang being their best guy off the bench. that's just embarrassing. and glenn needs to get sheetcanned.

other than that, they're fine. heat in 5, btw. 

59 minutes ago, bbabraham said:

Depends what kind of Embiid we get. If he's playing but not really 100%, I can see once of those frustrating games where he's doubled and turning it over a lot.

Embiid at 80% is a game changer at this point. 

10 minutes ago, Ace Nova said:

Embiid at 80% is a game changer at this point. 

True - we might lose by only single digits instead of double 

45 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

embiid being out really shows how turrible his supporting cast is. the roster needs a compete overhaul, imo. maxey is the only untouchable. they need some long, athletic guys on the wings. they need more consistent shooters. they need better rebounders at the forward positions.  they need a backup pg  they need a lot. 

morey needs to be very busy  this offseason.  harden doesn't deserve anywhere near the max he wants. tobi needs to be traded. thybulle needs to be traded before his value completely dries up...if it hasn't already. shake & kork can go. jordan & milsap need to retire. they can't come back next season with niang being their best guy off the bench. that's just embarrassing. and glenn needs to get sheetcanned.

other than that, they're fine. heat in 5, btw. 

I assume Morey isn’t stupid enough to extend Harden at this point after what we’ve seen.

Under that assumption, does Harden exercise his player option or decline and go to FA? I imagine Harden could get a fairly sizable contract on the open market. Can’t see anyone paying him close to the max though.

Jimmy Butler:

 

"I'm not a statistics guy or analytics, but I can tell you right now that when he's on the floor they're a much better team," Butler said postgame, per HoopsHype. "Like I said, I want him to get right because we want to play against who I call the MVP." 

tenor.gif

 

 

Remember when at least one or 2 people in this thread were saying Jokic had a worse supporting cast than Embiid? :lol:

This team has 4 NBA basketball players. That's it. When Embiid is out they only have 3. The rest of the roster is total garbage. 

15 minutes ago, Gannan said:

Remember when at least one or 2 people in this thread were saying Jokic had a worse supporting cast than Embiid? :lol:

This team has 4 NBA basketball players. That's it. When Embiid is out they only have 3. The rest of the roster is total garbage. 

Maxey, Harden and Harris are better than Aaron Gordon, Monte Morris and Will Barton. 

They both have crap supporting casts though 

3 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Maxey, Harden and Harris are better than Aaron Gordon, Monte Morris and Will Barton. 

They both have crap supporting casts though 

Bones Hyland looks to be a nice player too for Denver.

31 minutes ago, Blazehound said:

I assume Morey isn’t stupid enough to extend Harden at this point after what we’ve seen.

Under that assumption, does Harden exercise his player option or decline and go to FA? I imagine Harden could get a fairly sizable contract on the open market. Can’t see anyone paying him close to the max though.

If he cares about winning then he will take a shorter term here but if not then a max for a crap team 

15 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Maxey, Harden and Harris are better than Aaron Gordon, Monte Morris and Will Barton. 

They both have crap supporting casts though 

true...a healthy jamal murray closes the gap some but denver's slop was worse this season.  and that's why they got bounced in the 1st round rather than the 2nd like the sixers. 

i mean, this is one of the worst supporting casts we've ever seen. Coming at a time where the next supposed co-star to Embiid has fallen off a level, and would prefer to facilitate rather than do it all. Danny Green and Niang not being able to hit the ocean from the beach couldn't have came at a worse time. 

This Heat team is weird. They're like a version of the Spurs without the top tier talent. Whose been their best player so far, Tyler Herro? 

[Derek Bodner] So far, Matisse Thybulle has as many COVID shots (1) as made shots against the Heat (1) in 34 combined minutes of play this series.

danny green was something like 1 for 2,000 last night from 3point range. 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.