Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The Eagles Message Board

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

Featured Replies

28 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I’m curious to see who they could pull with the dysfunction they have going on. Rivers might wind up being the guy by default. 

They are doing some different approach to a coaching search. Instead of just requesting a  bunch of interviews at once like usual they are only requesting one at a time. They are mostly looking already established coaches like Nurse and Quin Snyder along with their assistants. 

They want an up and coming guy Doc doesn't really fit their vision anymore. Like we both said they most likely end up with doc though because the basketball gods hate me this year lol

 

  • Replies 31.3k
  • Views 1.6m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

They are doing some different approach to a coaching search. Instead of just requesting a  bunch of interviews at once like usual they are only requesting one at a time. They are mostly looking already established coaches like Nurse and Quin Snyder along with their assistants. 

They want an up and coming guy Doc doesn't really fit their vision anymore. Like we both said they most likely end up with doc though because the basketball gods hate me this year lol

 

Tbh i have a hard time seeing nurse leave the raptors for the lakers with the team they have that’s young. The lure of the lakers maybe he does. Can definitely see Snyder. I think utah wants a new voice anyway. Which i think he’s a solid coach. I just think the lakers are at the end of lebron’s championship window and i don’t trust AD to stay healthy anymore. They’ll never do it due to the picks they gave up but i actually they’d benefit from trading ad and Lebron and starting over. Let Westbrook’s contract run out and just begin to clear cap space.  

23 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Tbh i have a hard time seeing nurse leave the raptors for the lakers with the team they have that’s young. The lure of the lakers maybe he does. Can definitely see Snyder. I think utah wants a new voice anyway. Which i think he’s a solid coach. I just think the lakers are at the end of lebron’s championship window and i don’t trust AD to stay healthy anymore. They’ll never do it due to the picks they gave up but i actually they’d benefit from trading ad and Lebron and starting over. Let Westbrook’s contract run out and just begin to clear cap space.  

I see no reason Nurse leaves for the Lakers... They lost that lure with Jerry Buss, his kids have been awful. They have some other assistants in mind, they like Darvin Ham who coaches under Bulldonhozer . I'm hoping like for the sixers they get someone on the rise or who has a solid tenure under some good coaches. 

I think they buy out Westbrook, that relationship has gone to absolute sheet. Both sides hate each other and I dont see it getting better or either one sucking it up till the contract is up. 

11 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I see no reason Nurse leaves for the Lakers... They lost that lure with Jerry Buss, his kids have been awful. They have some other assistants in mind, they like Darvin Ham who coaches under Bulldonhozer . I'm hoping like for the sixers they get someone on the rise or who has a solid tenure under some good coaches. 

I think they buy out Westbrook, that relationship has gone to absolute sheet. Both sides hate each other and I dont see it getting better or either one sucking it up till the contract is up. 

Buy out would also work. I’d just try to clear the cap space without giving up anymore picks. I feel like AD and Lebron best chance at a title was likely the bubble year and the year after til AD got hurt. I’m sure they’ll try but I’m not sure how they’d catch the suns, warriors and eventually the grizzlies. 

sadly i think if doc is fired it’s going to be d’antoni. I don’t know who else they’d look into but it’s likely someone with experience. I’d rather it be Sam Cassell. I actually think doc doesn’t listen to his assistants and i could see Cassell actually be a good coach. He has done a good job with maxey’s development. Doc also loves to never take blame and throw others under the bus. It’s why I’d fire him alone. His accountability is non existent. It’s why he never learns 

 

I was so close to taking the Heat getting 7.5 but I got cold feet and just took the Heat on the money-line.  The way I see it, if I have to watch my favorite team get whupped then I might as well make some coin off of it to help absorb the blow. 

image.png.56fdf456b68eb158d49364d01842470d.png

 

5 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Buy out would also work. I’d just try to clear the cap space without giving up anymore picks. I feel like AD and Lebron best chance at a title was likely the bubble year and the year after til AD got hurt. I’m sure they’ll try but I’m not sure how they’d catch the suns, warriors and eventually the grizzlies. 

sadly i think if doc is fired it’s going to be d’antoni. I don’t know who else they’d look into but it’s likely someone with experience. I’d rather it be Sam Cassell. I actually think doc doesn’t listen to his assistants and i could see Cassell actually be a good coach. He has done a good job with maxey’s development. Doc also loves to never take blame and throw others under the bus. It’s why I’d fire him alone. His accountability is non existent. It’s why he never learns 

That's why the basketball gods hate me this year cause I'll have to live through doc and D'Antoni all over again! Lol

Funny thing is Lakers made a similar mistake that were all pissed about and that's going after an aging super star that doesn't really fit. Instead of getting really good depth and some youth and involved the same players Heild and Haliburton 

3 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

That's why the basketball gods hate me this year cause I'll have to live through doc and D'Antoni all over again! Lol

Sadly i think the sixers past mistakes and moves is likely going to waste embiid’s career. I frankly think after next 2-3 years you’ll start hearing about embiid waiting out to win a title. Embiid likely knows he has a smaller window. The sixers roster is really not all that great around him since harden isn’t what he once was. Tobias is a nice player. Maxey by the time he reaches his peak stardo,  embiid might be on the decline and done. The rest of the roster are guys who are one dimensional and really shouldn’t be major roles in a championship team (green at this stage of his career). 

 

6 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Sadly i think the sixers past mistakes and moves is likely going to waste embiid’s career. I frankly think after next 2-3 years you’ll start hearing about embiid waiting out to win a title. Embiid likely knows he has a smaller window. The sixers roster is really not all that great around him since harden isn’t what he once was. Tobias is a nice player. Maxey by the time he reaches his peak stardo,  embiid might be on the decline and done. The rest of the roster are guys who are one dimensional and really shouldn’t be major roles in a championship team (green at this stage of his career). 

Definitely, you may not use your whole bench in the playoffs but, you need at least 3-4 key guys between starting role players and bench. People get to fixated on just who the stars are. Stars are great and they ultimately are the ones who fuel a playoff run but, those role players can make or break a series. 

Like PJ Tucker for this series is gonna be a thorn in Hardens side and he probably doesn't have a good series because of it. 

2 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

 

Doc don't care what you say!

2 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Definitely, you may not use your whole bench in the playoffs but, you need at least 3-4 key guys between starting role players and bench. People get to fixated on just who the stars are. Stars are great and they ultimately are the ones who fuel a playoff run but, those role players can make or break a series. 

Like PJ Tucker for this series is gonna be a thorn in Hardens side and he probably doesn't have a good series because of it. 

Doc don't care what you say!

I think the biggest issue is that the sixers wasted cap space on horford who everyone knew didn’t make sense and wasn’t a fit. That’s $25 mil they got Danny green and a loss of first rounder for. They wasted picks like fultz, Noel and okafor and TLC.  Traded away bridges for zhaire and a first that led to Harris. Got Richardson for butler, but turned that into seth who is a nice role player. They also traded Simmons for a player who’s a shell of himself. The sixers mistakes just keep getting compounded. Good teams will make mistakes but it’s usually not one right after the other. I tend to think they are going to be preprocess sixers in about 4 years when embiid is declining. 

yeah doc is a moron. He’s really fortunate he won a title with the Celtics cause i don’t think he’s have as long of tenures as he’s had 

2 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

think the biggest issue is that the sixers wasted cap space on horford who everyone knew didn’t make sense and wasn’t a fit.

And now he has turned back the clock and is playing at a high level again lol. Obviously didn't fit here but still another kick in the nuts lol.

Sixer have seemed to lack vision when it comes to the bench for awhile. They finally had one and Ben screwed that up. 

Lol. Bodner also made the point on WIP tonight when they went with tobias and niang 4/5 at the end of the first half they went on the run. Never went back to it. 

 

I've been critical of Harris all year, but he has shown up in the playoffs this year. Gotta give him some credit for so far proving me wrong

5 hours ago, therealdawk said:

 

I was so close to taking the Heat getting 7.5 but I got cold feet and just took the Heat on the money-line.  The way I see it, if I have to watch my favorite team get whupped then I might as well make some coin off of it to help absorb the blow. 

image.png.56fdf456b68eb158d49364d01842470d.png

 

I bet this way too. I think of it the other way around though. "How much money am I willing to pay to ensure my team wins". So if I bet against them and win then happy days. I was willing pay that much for a victory. Basically my own internal sports bribery/fixing :D

4 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Lol. Bodner also made the point on WIP tonight when they went with tobias and niang 4/5 at the end of the first half they went on the run. Never went back to it. 

 

I swear, I called this....and if I can see it, I don't know what the F Doc is thinking.  I'd love to give him a running 50 yard nut kick!  I said, with Embid out, game 1 was the perfect time for a curveball of starting Bassey and using Reed off the bench.  F'ing moron.

26 minutes ago, NYEagle said:

I swear, I called this....and if I can see it, I don't know what the F Doc is thinking.  I'd love to give him a running 50 yard nut kick!  I said, with Embid out, game 1 was the perfect time for a curveball of starting Bassey and using Reed off the bench.  F'ing moron.

Sadly Doc will double down and continue to trot Jordan out there even though the stats, eye test, and everything else tells everyone its the wrong move. He's such a terrible coach.

3 hours ago, Mat said:

I've been critical of Harris all year, but he has shown up in the playoffs this year. Gotta give him some credit for so far proving me wrong

If Morey wasn't so into Harden, I would think about keeping Harris if he keeps this up and find a different star than harden

when glenn sees us getting killed on the boards, his instinct is to put jordan in the game. he doesn't know any other way. 

 

So sick of always seeing Doc's name/face in the headlines for saying something stupid or being a **** - get this guy the F outta here

59 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

If Morey wasn't so into Harden, I would think about keeping Harris if he keeps this up and find a different star than harden

Beal please. 

You can blame some of it on Harden, he’s gotta be better, but when he drives and the lane collapses to stop him, that leaves shooters wide open, and they’ve gotta hit the open shots. They didn’t. In many cases they weren’t even close. If they hit those shots the lane stops collapsing allowing Harden to get to the rim. Except for Harris it was a total team suckfest last night.

1 hour ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

If Morey wasn't so into Harden, I would think about keeping Harris if he keeps this up and find a different star than harden

I actually think there’s two ways of looking at this:

1. you believe Harris can do this for the next two years of his contract and continue this string of play over that period of time. That would be the best thing for the sixers to have happen.

2. Or you don’t believe he’s going to continue the string a play for the next two years but since he’s doing it right now in the playoffs then you can trade him at his peak.  some team might view what he’s doing right now and think he’s able to do that for them over the next two years and you try to capitalize on his value if he keeps playing like this. 

50 minutes ago, The_Omega said:

You can blame some of it on Harden, he’s gotta be better, but when he drives and the lane collapses to stop him, that leaves shooters wide open, and they’ve gotta hit the open shots. They didn’t. In many cases they weren’t even close. If they hit those shots the lane stops collapsing allowing Harden to get to the rim. Except for Harris it was a total team suckfest last night.

yep, hard for me to believe that the people ripping Harden after last night actually watched the game. And I agree with Paul Reed, just wish he didnt say that. I was not very impressed with the Heat at all last night... but they also missed shots. That was the game we needed to make ours and steal one. Instead its going to be 0-2 coming back home with The Phantom of The Process making his debut.

Sixers in 7. 

can't shoot 6 for 34 on threes in a game embiid isn't playing and expect to win. 

36 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

can't shoot 6 for 34 on threes in a game embiid isn't playing and expect to win. 

Can't have that idiot coach putting in Millsap and Drummond.  I mean jesus f'ing christ.....how hard is it to see that those two are no better than having a tall plant in the middle of the lane?  Let Bassey and Reed play....they can't be any worse and who knows, maybe Bassey becomes this years Maxey!

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.