This team sucks. 

I mean there wasn’t much they could do. Morey has wrecked this team 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, GoEagles5921 said:

I mean there wasn’t much they could do. Morey has wrecked this team 

That's the main issue,  yeah. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

they got under the luxury tax & that was the real goal today. 

I was hoping one of their goals was to compete for a championship but I guess they also realize that ship has sailed. 

Blow it up in the summer.  Including coach and GM.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

Yeah Hoffman and bodner nailed that. Said that’s what they wanted so they could make 16.4mil next year by doing so and avoid the repeat offender tax. This team isn’t winning crap. I actually hope embiid asks to be dealt cause needs a franchise that actually isn’t run by a bunch of buffoons and can maximize his window 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

I'll see you at the Joe Banner memorial cap management championship parade!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

just thought i'd cheer all of us up with a video of tobi passing up an open three...

enjoy!

• Haha 1

Will Barton getting bought out.  I think he was being linked to the Celtics and Bucks over the past couple weeks.

this is what happens when dont spend on the right players aka game changers and spend for the sake of spending,. the only game changer we had besides harden and embiid was jimmy butler. if we just didnt make dumb moves and kept butler and embiid, trade away ben simmons for kawhi, we could have won a championship in 2018 even if we lost him, that was our only chance of winning then, it was worth it because simmons was garbage and we would have had cap space and picks to trade away for another game changer.

we should have been patient with our cap space and picks and waited for the game changers to become available aka fa and trades and not spending it on players that sucked that now have us in big hole and a bad position where we will never win a championship. if this front office was patient and made the right moves we would have won the championship.

• Thanks 1

Bye, Matisse. Glenn Rivers hated you for no reason. Whatta crappy trade. Who the hell is McDaniels? NOBODY, that's who.

For what it worth, FiveThirtyEight's RAPTOR WAR rating has Jalen McDaniels as being tied for the 125th best player in the league with Chris Boucher, Dorian Finney Smith, Killian Hayes, Kelly Olynyk, and Kelly Oubre.  Matisse didn't make the list of top 250 but I'm not sure if it's performance or he didn't meet a minimum minutes cut off. 

McDaniels is above Simmons. :whistle:

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/nba-player-ratings/

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Derek Bodner’s initial assessment of McDaniels:

I want to watch a bit more film before getting too deep on McDaniels' contributions, especially as it relates to his improvement this season. But the theory behind the trade is to get a slighter lesser (but still good) defender in McDaniels, but one who is just good enough offensively that you'd be comfortable playing him in the playoffs. 

I have some concerns over whether that is actually true – McDaniels' regression as a shooter (back down to 32.2% from 3 on low volume, and just 34.2% for his career), along with some of his decision-making and non-existent playmaking make me wonder how much I'm actually going to trust him on offense once playoff time rolls around. But he'll also now be playing in an actual, defined role, rather than the monstrocity that is Charlotte's crappy offense, so maybe that helps him play more within his limits, and in a role he can succeed in. 

That's the hope, anyway. Like I said, I want to watch a bit more before going on the record. 

Bye thybulle.  We already had the parking cone to stand in the corner on offense and do nothing in PJ.  Don’t need another.  

today's the day the sixers' front office leaks to pompey & company all the deals they almost made yesterday. 

• Like 2

Noel (personal) won't play Friday against the Spurs, James L. Edwards III of The Athletic reports.

hmm.......