**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

4for4EaglesNest

1 hour ago, mr_hunt said:

I honestly wouldn't mind a complete blowing up of the roster at this point. they're not going anywhere with this team.

Have to let Harden walk and trade Harris this summer.  Both moves create a max slot.

Although,  then you have to have a guy choose to sign here. Which won't happen.

And can't trade for any max player because our picks are deleted from the bad Harden trade. 

21 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Crazy to think the Nets big 3 only played 16 games together.

For the Suns though,  Paul is being old and unreliable but Durant, Booker, and Ayton is a nice big 3.

They've given up 2 excellent depth pieces though. 

It is a nice 3 but, Durant also is unreliable at this point to stay healthy too and like you said gave up 2 nice depth pieces. They won't get it together to do anything this season and next season Durant and Paul will be older and probably even more difficult to keep them on the floor. The west is still a brutal conference 

16 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

It is a nice 3 but, Durant also is unreliable at this point to stay healthy too and like you said gave up 2 nice depth pieces. They won't get it together to do anything this season and next season Durant and Paul will be older and probably even more difficult to keep them on the floor. The west is still a brutal conference 

It's an all world Top 2, then Ayton who barely looks like he cares, and broken down CP3 who Alvarado showed you can wear him out with a full court press. 

Memphis needs to get on the phone with the Nets and offer picks and players for Bridges 

5 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

I think Suns win the west easy now…

Let's see how rest of trades play out. Memphis has pieces to move and Nuggets have Bones to trade. 

And Booker has a hamstring problem which sometimes take a year or more to heal. We saw it with Harden. 

12 hours ago, mr_hunt said:

bout to lose to boston's backups.

I just can't with this team.

12 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I’m going to be so happy when doc is fired and Harris is finally gone. 

This. Harris is a nice guy, but I hate his game. 

12 hours ago, mr_hunt said:

classic tobi tonight...comes up so small in games that matter.

Yeah so sick of this guy. He will go off when he has a garbage matchup but whenever he has to go against a tough defense he looks lost out there and shrinks. We've all seen enough. 

3 hours ago, mr_hunt said:

I honestly wouldn't mind a complete blowing up of the roster at this point. they're not going anywhere with this team.

Still would like to see what a good coach can do.

I'm seeing talk that the Nets may move Mikal Bridges.  It may be the Nova homer in me talking but he's one player I would consider moving Maxey for.

8 minutes ago, Shepard Wong said:

I'm seeing talk that the Nets may move Mikal Bridges.  It may be the Nova homer in me talking but he's one player I would consider moving Maxey for.

Ahhhh no way.

3 hours ago, mr_hunt said:

Yeah i thought about this last night. They won’t do it but i think the end is coming by the end of next year anyway. This years team sucks defensively. They are ranked 20th since January 1st on defense. Add on maxey seems to have lost confidence coming off the bench lately so that’s screwing with him. I see this team getting to the second round and getting bounced by the bucks or Celtics. Then embiid will start getting even more frustrated. Next year i suspect the sixers are caught by a team like the cavs and surpassed so be the 4th or 5th best team in the east. When they lose in either the first or second round then i think embiid will ask to be dealt. You can see it going down that road. At that point when he asked to be dealt you are basically forced to blow it up. 

26 minutes ago, Gannan said:

Still would like to see what a good coach can do.

Eh i don’t think it’s enough to overcome their lack of an athletic 3 and d nor their inconsistent bench. It would definitely help but i don’t think with how the roster is constructed that even a good coach is making up the difference between what talent the sixers have compared to teams like the bucks and Celtics. The sixers bench (besides maxey who feels like he needs to be a starter to get him going again) is brutally inconsistent. Niang, shake, Harrell, Reed, house, thybulle and korkmaz are once again not good enough to help win a title. 

18 minutes ago, Shepard Wong said:

in.

maxey is far from untouchable, imo. he hasn't really taken a stop forward this season & melton is the guy normally getting the crunch time minutes anyway. i'd definitely consider moving maxey for a wing if they're still trying to win a championship in the next 2 years or so before harden & jojo break. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Diehardfan said:

Ahhhh no way.

You definitely do that is you are the Sixers. 

Who guards Tatum and Brown for the next 5 years? Tatum shoots 37.3% FG and 29% 3p against him over 9 games

He is shooting 43.5% from midrange, 46.5% from corner 3s, is a plus defender. 

We see who Maxey is, the next Jamal Crawford, a multiple 6th man of the year winner. Maxey is a -1.1 on the defensive EPM which is 28% in the league. And Raptor 538 has him as the 185th best defender. 

Wiggins was the 2nd most important player on the Warriors last year vs the Celtics. You need wings in this league to be successful, you just do. 

Damn, I got high and wrote a lot. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, ToastJenkins said:

I think Suns win the west easy now…

I'm pretty much at the point now where I just want a strong team out of the West that can beat the Cs in the Finals.  If we can't win a Championship I'll settle for any team other than the Cs. 

Last night I put $120 on the Cs money line just so that I could salvage something out of the inevitable. 

1 hour ago, mr_hunt said:

in.

maxey is far from untouchable, imo. he hasn't really taken a stop forward this season & melton is the guy normally getting the crunch time minutes anyway. i'd definitely consider moving maxey for a wing if they're still trying to win a championship in the next 2 years or so before harden & jojo break. 

I’d be for trading maxey for a three and D wing. Because that’s desperately what the Sixers need if they expect to try to win in the Eastern conference and if they get to the finals.

The problem is I think the Sixers look at this as Tobias Harris is an expiring contract in the off-season. I think they’re going to use him to try to bring in other pieces to a team that’s heading the other direction that will take on that expiring contracts and give you some pieces. That move is going to be the defining move on whether or not they’re ever capable of winning a title. I think that’s the biggest issue that he’s going to draw for the Sixers. Because I think that’s about the time that they can make that type of move it because he’s gonna be coming off the books for whoever takes him at that amount of money. So you can maneuver your way into a decent trade.

I don’t think the Sixers are willing to move Maxey right now. Part of me believes they don’t think his value is where it can be. His foot injury and coming back from it, I think they believe in the future his value will go up.  Imo unless they were going to get somebody like Kevin Durant they aren’t going to deal him right now. Which I don’t see any team with that type of player, giving it up for maxey unless the Sixers had requisite first round picks to go along with them. They don’t have it.

If we cloud do Maxey for OG I'd have to go for it at this point.  Doc refuses to maximize Maxey. We need low usage players to keep force feeding Embiid and Harden.