**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

4for4EaglesNest

Just now, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I think morey would trade Ben Simmons if the right deal came along. I don’t think the James Larden what is the right deal. First what the Nets gave up in that deal was absolutely ridiculous. I get he is a fantastic player but he has at most three years left at the level he is a custom to playing up. And I tend to believe three years would be pushing it because he came into this season looking like Shamu in some of those rocket uniforms. When you get into your 30s you better take better care of your body because you’re not gonna last at the level you wanna play at unless you are training hard and making sure your body is your temple. The reason why LeBron James is able to play at the same level he has into his mid-30s and now going into his late 30s is because he takes care of his body.

You can say well he didn’t want to be with the Rockets that to me is even worse.  So when the team starts declining he’s just going to give up and not take care of himself. You’re gonna have to give him an extension before the end of his contract otherwise he’s going to piss and moan. So now only that you were expecting a guy who didn’t take care of himself this off-season he’s going to do it two years down the road when you have to extend him and he’s gonna want to max. I wouldn’t want to touch that.

I’m not against trading Ben Simmons I’m against it for a 31-year-old even if he’s great who doesn’t think he needs to take better care of his body in his 30s and comes into the season looking the way that he does. You can say well he still played well. Well last four games he’s only averaged less than 20 points game. You can say gave up and hyde being there or it could also be he’s just husky and out of shape and it’s affecting him after a couple of weeks. 

i agree...

i'm not opposed to trading simmons either.  but the compensation has to be well worth it and not kneecap us going forward by limiting the window.  we have to come out on top of the deal.  trading for harden would have us on the losing end because of what you said.

i've said many times so far, there are two camps.

...those who want to win.

...those who want to trade ben simmons.

some just want to trade simmons to trade him.  they've talked themselves into this reality that he's garbage, but somehow some team will trade a superstar for him.  heck a few posts back there was some :wacko: saying we put him on the block and take "what surprises us".

we can trade simmons AND win, but it has to be a trade that gives us a shot right now, and flexibility to make future moves.  a harden trade didn't offer that, and i do not know many trades which would fit that bill.  which is why i think morey stayed pat on not moving simmons.  he saw it would blow up our bench and our potential future.  we have a shot now.  again, i've pointed out the lineup with ben and joel surrounded by shooters was one of the best in the league at the time.  its downfall was an inadequate bench.  we have a lineup right now which can match (or better) that one AND a much improved bench.  i expect us to do better than that roster should we make the post season (which i expect us to do). 

10 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

you straight up said we can listen to what Morey said, and that you think he said what he wants. 

You take a GM's words at face value when he is in trade negotiations. 

Thats the dead giveaway youve never followed sports in your life. Otherwise youd know better. 

Im not basing it on the amount of posts you have made. Im basing it on your demonstrated lack of knowledge. 

...and by your suggestions on what the team should do, i believe any lack of knowledge i have is only eclipsed by your own. 😉

1 minute ago, JayEcho said:

i agree...

i'm not opposed to trading simmons either.  but the compensation has to be well worth it and not kneecap us going forward by limiting the window.  we have to come out on top of the deal.  trading for harden would have us on the losing end because of what you said.

i've said many times so far, there are two camps.

...those who want to win.

...those who want to trade ben simmons.

some just want to trade simmons to trade him.  they've talked themselves into this reality that he's garbage, but somehow some team will trade a superstar for him.  heck a few posts back there was some :wacko: saying we put him on the block and take "what surprises us".

we can trade simmons AND win, but it has to be a trade that gives us a shot right now, and flexibility to make future moves.  a harden trade didn't offer that, and i do not know many trades which would fit that bill.  which is why i think morey stayed pat on not moving simmons.  he saw it would blow up our bench and our potential future.  we have a shot now.  again, i've pointed out the lineup with ben and joel surrounded by shooters was one of the best in the league at the time.  its downfall was an inadequate bench.  we have a lineup right now which can match (or better) that one AND a much improved bench.  i expect us to do better than that roster should we make the post season (which i expect us to do). 

All I can say is this i talk to coaches at Arizona and Jason Terry is on the staff this year so it’s nice to hear some of the things he says when i get to talk to my friends who work inside the AD. I’ll just say this there’s players around the league that are calling James harden black Santa. Take that whatever way you want. 

9 minutes ago, Shepard Wong said:

This is them managing the relationship between Doc and a player he has to coach after almost trading him. The veracity of the statement is largely irrelevant.

meh...Id rather ben get pissed and demand a trade. 

45 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I get he is a fantastic player but he has at most three years left at the level he is a custom to playing up

That's about the same window you have with Embiid.  They need to do something, Embiid's prime isn't going to last long. Dont give me a lecture on Harden either because I don't think harden wins anything ever lol. Just in general they need to get something together in the next year or 2

The Nets better hope they shoot a low percentage, but get a lot of offensive rebounds, to get those 3 enough shots to keep them happy.

5 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

That's about the same window you have with Embiid.  They need to do something, Embiid's prime isn't going to last long. Dont give me a lecture on Harden either because I don't think harden wins anything ever lol. Just in general they need to get something together in the next year or 2

I am not against trading Ben Simmons to get somebody else better fit with Embiid. But I don’t think harden ever wins anything and him not keeping his body in shape is a huge red flag going forward. I much prefer going after Bradley Beal then going after Harden only because when Embiid falls off at least i can trade beal who’s young still now and get a ton back or i can try to recruit someone to play with beal. When Embiid and harden both fall off you’re just doing a complete rebuild with no big time asset unless Maxey becomes a star

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I am not against trading Ben Simmons to get somebody else better fit with Embiid. But I don’t think harden never wins anything and him not keeping his body in shape is a huge red flag going forward. I much prefer going after Bradley Beal then going after Harden only because when Embiid falls off at least i can trade beal who’s young still now and get a ton back or i can try to recruit someone to play with beal. When Embiid and harden both fall off you’re just doing a complete rebuild with no big time asset unless Maxey becomes a star

I dont really prefer Beal because Im not looking forward to decimating the bench again (which is our young talent as well), and all of our draft picks.

Im more hopeful something materializes with a player like LaVine or McCollum. 

2 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

I dont really prefer Beal because Im not looking forward to decimating the bench again (which is our young talent as well), and all of our draft picks.

Are you saying trade Simmons for Lavine or McCollum? Because even if you make that trade I don’t think you’re winning a title doing that trade. I’m only gonna make a move if I think it’s going to make me a legit title contender. I don’t think McCollum or Zach Lavine makes you a legit title contender. I think you’re still not good enough. Beal i can be talked into making us a title contender as i think he’s likely a bigger star if he wasn’t in Washington.  

5 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Are you saying trade Simmons for Lavine or McCollum? Because even if you make that trade I don’t think you’re winning a title doing that trade. I’m only gonna make a move if I think it’s going to make me a legit title contender. I don’t think McCallum or Zach Lavine makes you a legit title contender. I think you’re still not good enough. Beal i can be talked into making us a title contender as i think he’s likely a bigger star if he wasn’t in Washington. 

yeah. We have discussed this a few times before. I dont need another superstar coming back for ben. I care more about a scorer who is exactly what we need rather than how brightly his star shines. 

Im good with a pseudo-star like McCollum or LaVine. I think a package like Ben, Thybulle, 2 1sts could potentially get one of those guys + another bench player. Strengthens the starting unit's scoring, and strengthens the bench. Overall a net gain to the team imo. 

Id also do Sexton/Love

Rozier/+

And Id love to see if we could try for Fox/Hield 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Heard this on a podcast when they talked about Trea Young and applies to LaVine. They both have played on terrible teams and just went and got their buckets not caring about anything else. Well now that Young actually has high quality teammates that style of doesn't cut it anymore 

46 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

yeah. We have discussed this a few times before. I dont need another superstar coming back for ben. I care more about a scorer who is exactly what we need rather than how brightly his star shines. 

Im good with a pseudo-star like McCollum or LaVine. I think a package like Ben, Thybulle, 2 1sts could potentially get one of those guys + another bench player. Strengthens the starting unit's scoring, and strengthens the bench. Overall a net gain to the team imo. 

Does LaVine know how to win though? Dude has always been on bad teams and just got his buckets. Can he adapt to a whole different style of play where isn't just about him. Look at Trae Young and the reports of Collins already unhappy with his style of play snd holding onto the ball. 

To me Zach is a 3rd best option on a championship team, not 2nd.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Heard this on a podcast when they talked about Trea Young and applies to LaVine. They both have played on terrible teams and just went and got their buckets not caring about anything else. Well now that Young actually has high quality teammates that style of 

Does LaVine know how to win though? Dude has always been on bad teams and just got his buckets. Can he adapt to a whole different style of play where isn't just about him. Look at Trae Young and the reports of Collins already unhappy with his style of play snd holding onto the ball. 

When people argued that Harden hasnt had playoff success I say the same to this question about LaVine or whoever else's name can be plugged in. We arent looking for a guy to carry the team. We just need a guy who can become an unstoppable twosome with Embiid. An excellent perimeter player paired with an elite center is just going to be so hard to stop. I care more about the complementary skillsets rather than the individual contribution of the player. 

To me its about fit more than star power. 

Embiid, Harris (the way he is playing this year), Curry (the way he is playing this year), LaVine, Shake with his vast improvement this year, and Maxey is just a ton of potent scoring.

You never really have to rely on LaVine to carry the team. You just need an extra guy with that kind of skillset in the starting lineup to help Joel. 

22 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Heard this on a podcast when they talked about Trea Young and applies to LaVine. They both have played on terrible teams and just went and got their buckets not caring about anything else. Well now that Young actually has high quality teammates that style of 

Your thinking on Lavine is basically what my thinking is. If he was your third option then I’m all for it. However I don’t think Embiid he’s going to carry you to a title again some of these teams that have two superstars. You need another superstar alongside Joel and then a good third option in my opinion to win a title.

If Lavine was our third option and they somehow got Bradley Beal to be the second guy then I think the Sixers are a total title team. If you’re telling me it’s going to be embiid and then your number two is Zach Lavine and your number three is Tobias Harris I don’t think you’re winning a title. You might be better off but i don’t think that means you win a title. 

If KD, Kyrie and Harden figure out how to play together do you see the sixers beating them.  Or if KD is a loss does a KD and Harden team win the East? Let me also add can the sixers beat the Nets over the next 3 years?

The 2nd half version of Embiid vs the Heat i is probably the most dominant player in the NBA. Now surround him with Curry, Harris, and a legit #2 so he actually has space to operate. I think they are absolutely title contenders, but the only guy possibly available is Beal as of now. 

And we went over this a million times Joel and Ben will never work because Ben doesn't shoot. 

12 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

The 2nd half version of Embiid vs the Heat i is probably the most dominant player in the NBA. Now surround him with Curry, Harris, and a legit #2 so he actually has space to operate. I think they are absolutely title contenders, but the only guy possibly available is Beal as of now. 

And we went over this a million times Joel and Ben will never work because Ben doesn't shoot. 

When you say to give him a legit #2 and say Beal, (or harden) I think you actually mean give him another legit #1.

LaVine isn't a legit #1 on their level.  But I'd say he's a legit #2. Who wouldn't even necessarily need to be that on most nights. 

On any given night,  Curry or Tobias may be hot and they may be the #2. LaVine can be the 3 or even 4 on some nights. It doesnt matter who scores a long a you have everyone on the court capable of doing it someone is gonna be on,  on any given night. 

3 hours ago, The_Omega said:

The Nets better hope they shoot a low percentage, but get a lot of offensive rebounds, to get those 3 enough shots to keep them happy.

KD is gonna be fine in whatever role he's in for now, till Kyrie and Harden annoy the ish out of him with their antics.  Like Russ did.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, vikas83 said:

If you're talking about the year they lost to the Raptors, that team also had Butler to handle the rock in crunch time.

The year before they lost in the 2nd round to a depleted Celtics team that basically collapsed the lane and dared Ben to shoot. 

The cap for this pairing is the 2nd round.

He is talking about the year prior where they had the starting 5 of Ben, JJ, RoCo, Dario and Embiid. That was the best starting 5 in the NBA. The bench was actually decent come playoffs with Ersan and Belinelli being lights out in some of the games. But the Celtics were able to shut them down because Ben wouldn't shoot and they were too athletic on D. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

i agree, i mean how long is embiid going to eventually pull a harden and eventually want to be traded or blows his knee out again because the front office just wants to asset collect? if they make no moves at all this summer, it's telling me josh harris doesnt care about winning a championship. the only reason he brought in the morey and doc was because to make more money, that's it.

For Beal, I’d have everyone available other than Embiid, Harris and Maxey. Maxey just has too much upside to deal him, and obviously need at least one star player to pair with Beal. Harris sticking as the third scoring option would be ideal. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, nipples said:

For Beal, I’d have everyone available other than Embiid, Harris and Maxey. Maxey just has too much upside to deal him, and obviously need at least one star player to pair with Beal. Harris sticking as the third scoring option would be ideal. 

If someone wants Harris with that contract it would behoove them to move him. Ideally you keep him as a floor spacer, but with a contract of 35, 37, 39 million starting next year you get out from the contract if you can. 

Per Kevin O'Conner 

Two league sources tell me Tucker’s value around the league is about three second-round picks

1 hour ago, nipples said:

27 year old star, entering his prime, under contract for 2 more seasons. You're going to have to give maxey and Ben at least for him.