**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

4for4EaglesNest

I would be bummed out by this falling through if it were the old front office.  The chances of them making good decisions to help the team drastically improve on anything other than recognizing that an elite player is good at basketball would be asking too much.  With Morey running things, it feels like he will continue to make incremental improvements until a new big opportunity presents itself.  

Unfortunately, the price the Nets paid is so insane, it's setting the market really high.  

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Shepard Wong said:

I would be bummed out by this falling through if it were the old front office.  The chances of them making good decisions to help the team drastically improve on anything other than recognizing that an elite player is good at basketball would be asking too much.  With Morey running things, it feels like he will continue to make incremental improvements until a new big opportunity presents itself.  

Unfortunately, the price the Nets paid is so insane, it's setting the market really high.  

The Jrue trade set the market to crazy levels, 3 1st round picks. 

You just hope a team values Ben as much as the Vikings valued Sam Bradford 

• Haha 1

Just now, DaEagles4Life said:

The Jrue trade set the market to crazy levels, 3 1st round picks. 

It was an overpay for sure and this takes it up another notch or two.

26 minutes ago, Shepard Wong said:

you are so brainwashed by morey because he's the best gm in the world and yet he hasnt won squat, seriously we need stars to win championships not role players. when embiid goes out we are bad, what does that about ben? is he really a star? you are saying we dont need stars to win? seriously you need your head examined.

6 minutes ago, toughfighter83 said:

you are so brainwashed by morey because he's the best gm in the world and yet he hasnt won squat, seriously we need stars to win championships not role players. when embiid goes out we are bad, what does that about ben? is he really a star? you are saying we dont need stars to win? seriously you need your head examined.

He was thinking not only short term but long term as well.  If you give up Shake/Maxey and a bunch of 1sts and Harden left after next year and we did not win a championship, we would be 5-7 years away from building the next team.  It is possible to make a run at a championship in the short term and have the team setup to be very good in the near future also.

Just now, toughfighter83 said:

That's what you got from my post?

Take your meds, moron. 

I'm not saying Morey is a savant, only that he is more than competent.  When you compare that to the buffoonery that was our previous front office, we are in a far better place than we were.  

I never said we don't better players or that Ben is a championship player.  I clearly stated that Morey will continue making minor improvements until hopefully another elite player becomes available that fits with what we have.  When Morey got here, they had minimal trade assets and zero cap flexibility to improve the roster and Morey has already improved that situation while bringing in a relatively useful players like Curry on an excellent contract, which improves the team and gives you flexibility to make other improvements.

The previous front office thought Tobias Harris and Al Horford were stars, traded significant assets for one and paid both exorbitant contacts.  That really helped, right?

Your problem is you are so stupid you can't tell good decisions from  bad ones so you have to rely on "He didn't win squat" to evaluate the ability of someone to run a team.   

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SBorBust said:

I’m so glad the Sixers didn’t make that franchise-crippling deal.

we didn't have to. We never would have been in the position as the Nets, needing to give away their draft pick control for 8 years. Because we had a Ben Simmons and they didn't. 

If it comes out that the deal was Simmons, Maxey, salary filler and only two picks we could end up regretting this, if Harden looks great in BKN and Simmons continues to be what he is here. 

This team, as is, isn't going anywhere with Simmons refusing to evolve as a player. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DaEagles4Life said:

If someone wants Harris with that contract it would behoove them to move him. Ideally you keep him as a floor spacer, but with a contract of 35, 37, 39 million starting next year you get out from the contract if you can. 

Per Kevin O'Conner 

Two league sources tell me Tucker’s value around the league is about three second-round picks

I understand that,  but the purpose of a trade is two things: Bring in a star, and get Ben out. You can’t have both Simmons and Harris in a trade because there’s no way someone will be able to realistically match salaries.  So I say Harris is off the table to me, because bringing in Beal means also getting Ben out. 

1 minute ago, Shepard Wong said:

That's what you got from my post?

Take your meds, moron. 

I'm not saying Morey is a savant, only that he is more than competent.  When you compare that to the buffoonery that was our previous front office, we are in a far better place than we were.  

I never said we don't better players or that Ben is a championship player.  I clearly stated that Morey will continue making minor improvements until hopefully another elite player becomes available that fits with what we have.  When Morey got here, they had minimal trade assets and zero cap flexibility to improve the roster and Morey has already improved that situation while bringing in a relatively useful players like Curry on an excellent contract, which improves the team and gives you flexibility to make other improvements.

The previous front office thought Tobias Harris and Al Horford were stars, traded significant assets for one and paid both exorbitant contacts.  That really helped, right?

Your problem is you are so stupid you can't tell good decisions from  bad ones so you have to rely on "He didn't win squat" to evaluate the ability of someone to run a team.   

if you are not going to trade for stars then trade embiid and simmons because we are not going anywhere, the process has failed, it's time for a rebuild. all your doing is wasting embiid's talent, either he will leave in fa or we get trash back.

1 hour ago, nipples said:

I understand that,  but the purpose of a trade is two things: Bring in a star, and get Ben out. You can’t have both Simmons and Harris in a trade because there’s no way someone will be able to realistically match salaries.  So I say Harris is off the table to me, because bringing in Beal means also getting Ben out. 

7FAF20B2-3A23-4B3F-86F4-AA023ED4A65E.jpeg.e23c3a87524eea9e92329cea8b14c29c.jpeg

8 minutes ago, giveemtheboot said:

7FAF20B2-3A23-4B3F-86F4-AA023ED4A65E.jpeg.e23c3a87524eea9e92329cea8b14c29c.jpeg

Siakam has not risen his game to the next level and you put a smaller defender on him and his numbers are very average. Shooting 31% from 3 this year 

14 hours ago, West_Philly said:

If KD, Kyrie and Harden figure out how to play together do you see the sixers beating them.  Or if KD is a loss does a KD and Harden team win the East? Let me also add can the sixers beat the Nets over the next 3 years?

Yes. The Nets got worse defensively. 

2 hours ago, toughfighter83 said:

Daryl Morey would appreciate the fact that, statistically, you’ld expect around one anti-Morey poster on a message board.

1 hour ago, Gannan said:

Yes. The Nets got worse defensively. 

I mean does it matter when have some of the best iso scorers ever? KD can get his shot off anyone. KD has shown he can play in a system and know it was forever ago, but Harden has played in a system before unlike say Trae Young who is realizing you need to play in a system to be successful. 

Missing Jarrett Allen will hurt them more than they realize. Dude was a rebounding machine and knew his role so well. 

120214_FiveStar.jpg

20 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

I mean does it matter when have some of the best iso scorers ever? KD can get his shot off anyone. KD has shown he can play in a system and know it was forever ago, but Harden has played in a system before unlike say Trae Young who is realizing you need to play in a system to be successful. 

Missing Jarrett Allen will hurt them more than they realize. Dude was a rebounding machine and knew his role so well. 

120214_FiveStar.jpg

Jarrett Allen is a beast. I love his game. Reminds me a little of Ben Wallace from back in the day.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, nipples said:

For Beal, I’d have everyone available other than Embiid, Harris and Maxey. Maxey just has too much upside to deal him, and obviously need at least one star player to pair with Beal. Harris sticking as the third scoring option would be ideal. 

When I was looking at it, those three should be off the table in most negotiations.

I think we should look to trade for fox though.

Tobias, Shake, and Thybulle are probable for tonight. Not sure what the Heat's situation is. Hopefully we can handle this one a little smoother than last time.

Ill miss it because I got a triple header junior high basketball going on. Maybe Ill be able to send some video of the PG play to Ben.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Right4thePicking said:

When I was looking at it, those three should be off the table in most negotiations.

I think we should look to trade for fox though.

Fox just signed an extension so I doubt he is on the table. 

I am curious if Lillard starts to moan and groan about not playing for a title contender. 

6 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Fox just signed an extension so I doubt he is on the table. 

I am curious if Lillard starts to moan and groan about not playing for a title contender. 

If I were them, I'd see how far they get this season and if same results, look to trade Lillard and CJ. They will be 30 and 31 years old and not getting over the lakers in the next 2 years. After that, you're talking about young up and coming teams that will just be better than them in the West for awhile.

4 hours ago, toughfighter83 said:

Morey didn’t win a title yet because your boy Harden is the type of player that will never lead a team to a championship. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, nipples said:

Morey didn’t win a title yet because your boy Harden is the type of player that will never lead a team to a championship. 

Let's not forget he took a team with 4 Hall of Famers to Game 7 and win it if Paul doesn't hurt his hammy. 

Rockets owner also didn't want to go into the luxury tax so Morey had to re shuffle the deck each year.

Compare that to a team like the Warriors who just want to win and not waste prime Curry years. Especially since Curry helped add over $3 billion in increased valuation of the team. 

30 minutes ago, nipples said:

embiid cant either, is that fair to any star? look at the celtics when they won the championship in 08, with paul pierce, kevin garnett, and ray allen, did any of them won the championship before they got traded to the celtics? you keep throwing this bs that we dont need stars to win a championship and im telling you now, you do or else be stuck in this postion before we tanked, if that's what you want, that's what you are going to get actually i dont think you care anyway because you are defending this organization since the tanking years and still wont admit that's it's a failure.

Good Lord. No one is against trading Ben for another star player. People are against paying ANY price for ANY star player. Trading Ben, Thybulle, Maxey and multiple first round picks and swaps would have been idiotic. The Nets massively overpaid and will regret this for a decade. 

You can't just pay any price. That's how you become Billy King.

• Like 6