**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

4for4EaglesNest

Embiid already hurt.  Not shocked.  

Again, and @mr_hunt pointed this out to me before when I came in. Hard to read some of this. 

The Sixers just immediately hit on the 21st pick in the draft and a 2nd rounder. They've got another 2nd rounder playing well. The talk from a few in here? The front office stinks. They didn't get Harden. Simmons is useless. Joel will be out of his prime in 35 minutes. 

This isn't a tech algorithm. You aren't being fed a different set of facts. You're either crazy or sane. 

It's fully understandable that you may have wanted James Harden. Makes sense to want another star. Giving up Simmons and Maxey plus more (which is what it would probably take) leaves you were? Other people want these talented players too, they just understand the ramifications of robbing Peter to pay Paul. 

Morey may not have "won anything", but he knows how to strike while the iron is hot. Harden wasn't a fit. However, there will be one. Until then, you've got a 6'10 kid that has insane court vision, plays very good defense and is a playmaker. Unfortunately, his can't shoot free throws very well and his game is absolutely abysmal outside of 10 feet. We all get that. We're just not throwing fits every 5 seconds. 

TATE doesn't annoy me, but this does. I don't get it. Is it having played the sport? Need to hand out some Xanax in here. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

As for Russell, I havent heard stories yet about him being a bad teammate.

Have you forgotten the reason he was booted from the Lakers was because he recorded a private conversation with Swaggy P and then leaked it to the press resulting in all his team mates hating and losing trust in him?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mat said:

Have you forgotten the reason he was booted from the Lakers was because he recorded a private conversation with Swaggy P and then leaked it to the press resulting in all his team mates hating and losing trust in him?

Yes

4 hours ago, stinkfist said:

Again, and @mr_hunt pointed this out to me before when I came in. Hard to read some of this. 

The Sixers just immediately hit on the 21st pick in the draft and a 2nd rounder. They've got another 2nd rounder playing well. The talk from a few in here? The front office stinks. They didn't get Harden. Simmons is useless. Joel will be out of his prime in 35 minutes. 

This isn't a tech algorithm. You aren't being fed a different set of facts. You're either crazy or sane. 

It's fully understandable that you may have wanted James Harden. Makes sense to want another star. Giving up Simmons and Maxey plus more (which is what it would probably take) leaves you were? Other people want these talented players too, they just understand the ramifications of robbing Peter to pay Paul. 

Morey may not have "won anything", but he knows how to strike while the iron is hot. Harden wasn't a fit. However, there will be one. Until then, you've got a 6'10 kid that has insane court vision, plays very good defense and is a playmaker. Unfortunately, his can't shoot free throws very well and his game is absolutely abysmal outside of 10 feet. We all get that. We're just not throwing fits every 5 seconds. 

TATE doesn't annoy me, but this does. I don't get it. Is it having played the sport? Need to hand out some Xanax in here. 

You shouldn't be annoyed.  There's only 1 person in this thread that's upset we didn't get harden.  You're making a mountain of a mole hill. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, nipples said:

Save face for what? Not overpaying for a selfish, out of shape player?

Save face with the mouth-breathing WIP caller types... 

Plus, make his old boss look bad 

9 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

Simmons turnovers make it hard for me to applaud his court vision. He is often dumb with the ball

You mean you do not like when he goes into the paint snd instead of shooting an easy floater or drawing a foul, he turns his back to the basket and hopes a teammate is open? 

10 hours ago, stinkfist said:

Agreed. Didnt want harden, I like our young depth. As much as he makes me pull my hair out, simmons is what he is (which is a really good basketball player). One thing is for certain, this squad has the talent, youth, and depth to be very exciting for years to come. I will gamble with this squad rather than make a super team and compromise the future (still not a big fan of winning that way).

1 hour ago, DaEagles4Life said:

You mean you do not like when he goes into the paint snd instead of shooting an easy floater or drawing a foul, he turns his back to the basket and hopes a teammate is open? 

While jumping

22 minutes ago, QBhunter58 said:

Agreed. Didnt want harden, I like our young depth. As much as he makes me pull my hair out, simmons is what he is (which is a really good basketball player). One thing is for certain, this squad has the talent, youth, and depth to be very exciting for years to come. I will gamble with this squad rather than make a super team and compromise the future (still not a big fan of winning that way).

Alsonot surr Harden gets us past the lakers over the next two years

9 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Dude was wearing a fat suit 

did people seriously not know? I thought this was obvious. 

gws said we offered 2 1sts and a pick swap in the harden package. Unclear if Nets gave us a chance to counter at the end, but we werent going up. 

19 hours ago, stinkfist said:

There’s several Simmons haters in here that focus only on the bad things he does.  The main thing I hear people say is that he doesn’t score enough.  

1 minute ago, Dave Moss said:

There’s several Simmons haters in here that focus only on the bad things he does.  The main thing I hear people say is that he doesn’t score enough.  

We know what he can bring to the table and yes he's a good player the problem is that he was number one pick in the draft and his salary. 

8 minutes ago, ggs5008 said:

We know what he can bring to the table and yes he's a good player the problem is that he was number one pick in the draft and his salary. 

The Cavs took Anthony Bennett first overall and he was out of the league in 5 years.  I’m not really concerned where he was picked at this point.  

A little Maxey warm up action from the other night

Another thing- I watched an Isaiah Joe post game interview and at one point he apologized for being out of breath because he just got done working out.

Right after the game, he worked out. 

Love the work ethic of these draft picks. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dave Moss said:

You can't get paid 30 million, be called a star or borderline superstar and score 15 ppg with averaging 8 assists a game, 1.8 steals and is know as a facilitator. 

Then Harden scores 3.9 ppg over the last five years with 9 assists a game and be know be as a ballhog. 

Beal 32.9ppg with 5.5 assists and 1.3. steals. 

He needs to score for this team or they are a 2nd round exit. The space will truly be limited come playoff time because they just won't guard him.

Start with floaters instead of jumping in the air and turning your back to the basket. 

1 minute ago, DaEagles4Life said:

You can't get paid 30 million, be called a star or borderline superstar and score 15 ppg with averaging 8 assists a game, 1.8 steals and is know as a facilitator. 

Then Harden scores 3.9 ppg over the last five years with 9 assists a game and be know be as a ballhog. 

Beal 32.9ppg with 5.5 assists and 1.3. steals. 

He needs to score for this team or they are a 2nd round exit. The space will truly be limited come playoff time because they just won't guard him.

Start with floaters instead of jumping in the air and turning your back to the basket. 

someone posted an article from the ringer earlier, or yesterday... and posted a few quotes. Theres more in that article. I read the whole thing. Its a good read, but damning stuff. Simmons has regressed even from last year. 

5 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

someone posted an article from the ringer earlier, or yesterday... and posted a few quotes. Theres more in that article. I read the whole thing. Its a good read, but damning stuff. Simmons has regressed even from last year. 

That was me

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2021/1/15/22232686/sixers-shooters-ben-simmons-joel-embiid

The Sixers Added Shooters, but There’s Still No Room for Ben Simmons

Philadelphia has addressed its spacing issues, but there’s no tweak that will make Simmons fit next to Joel Embiid. James Harden is off the table, but another trade shouldn’t be.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Dave Moss said:

I couldn't care less how much he scores. If Ben had an outside jumper and could just be 80% from the line, he's an insane player. Issue is, the way he's been used in the past does make him a liability at times. Doc is going to have to find out how to work around that.