**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

4for4EaglesNest

30 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

That was me

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2021/1/15/22232686/sixers-shooters-ben-simmons-joel-embiid

The Sixers Added Shooters, but There’s Still No Room for Ben Simmons

Philadelphia has addressed its spacing issues, but there’s no tweak that will make Simmons fit next to Joel Embiid. James Harden is off the table, but another trade shouldn’t be.

"surrounding him with shooters was the first step. the problem is that there may not be a next step."

all of his percentages are down, even from inside 3 feet. Pathetic. 

It really looks like we are likely to miss the boat on trading him for good value. I think this deadline may be our last chance 

It's a big indictment on Simmons when I much prefer the ball in Milton's hands. Even more so when I prefer it in Maxey's hands. Simmons is such a mess on offense.

• Like 1

And people think his only problem is not shooting, or not scoring enough.... He has SO many problems. 

cant beat a 5-6 team because we dont have Embiid. Our other all star has 9 points and 6 turnovers. 

I think we had enough information to know, last year, that the Simmons/Embiid combo was not adequate to win a championship together.  Trading Simmons for Harden wasn't about to change that either.

Simmons "is what he is"...high end D player who is an offensive role player and awkward fit.  The only chance to change that, at this point, is for him to realize the team wanted to trade him.  It probably won't, but maybe that insult is enough to trigger a change.  

7 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

cant beat a 5-6 team because we dont have Embiid. Our other all star has 9 points and 6 turnovers. 

They’re 5-6 but their best player has been out the last 8 games.

1 minute ago, Dave Moss said:

They’re 5-6 but their best player has been out the last 8 games.

so in the land of what ifs theyre actually undefeated. And... we are still better and should be winning lead by our #1 overall draft pick who is playing tonight. 

1 minute ago, HazletonEagle said:

so in the land of what ifs theyre actually undefeated. And... we are still better and should be winning lead by our #1 overall draft pick who is playing tonight. 

Their best player is back and the Sixers best player is out.  I’m not what iffing anything.

Also, the Sixers swept the Heat when Butler, Adebayo, and Dragic didn’t play.  I wouldn’t get too excited about those wins either.

Just now, Dave Moss said:

Their best player is back and the Sixers best player is out.  I’m not what iffing anything.

Also, the Sixers swept the Heat when Butler, Adebayo, and Dragic didn’t play.  I wouldn’t get too excited about those wins either.

Im not. They improved their 3 point shooting but still have a major Ben Simmons issue thats gonna lead them to a pretty good regular season, and a disappointing post-season. 

You build your team around a 7 footer with bad knees or feet. Don’t be shocked when he misses games.   

38 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

He shouldn’t be PG.  We have two good young guards that should be able to carry the load.  

1 minute ago, mayanh8 said:

Embarrassing 3 attempt by Simmons. 

My buddy in group text said he was glad he at least shot it. I’m like dude it’s the guys 5th year in the league, hard to get excited about him simply taking an open 3 at this point. 

• Like 1