Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The Eagles Message Board

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

**Official Philadelphia 76ers Thread 2022/2023 Regular Season*

Featured Replies

1 minute ago, HazletonEagle said:

Joel is the highest career points per minute scorer of all time. So yes. Jokic isnt ahead of Michael Jordan, Kobe Bryant, LeBron James, Kevin Durant, and James Harden in that category. Only Joel Embiid is.

All while being constantly doubled

Oh wait - being doubled means you're bad cause you can't pass :lol: 

  • Replies 31.3k
  • Views 1.6m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

Posted Images

1 minute ago, DaEagles4Life said:

You clearly don't watch basketball besides the Sixers. 

Everyone wants to claim the advanced stats are dumb but guess who is right behind Jokic in every advanced stat, Embiid. Then you are discrediting Embiid as well. 

Points per game doesn't equate to MVP. 

You are an imbecile.  

3 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Joel is the highest career points per minute scorer of all time. So yes. Jokic isnt ahead of Michael Jordan, Kobe Bryant, LeBron James, Kevin Durant, and James Harden in that category. Only Joel Embiid is.

Jokic has the highest ppg/rebounds/assists per game average in the history of the NBA. 

Just now, Shepard Wong said:

You are an imbecile.  

Can't refute anything so go that route. Makes sense. 

1 minute ago, mikemack8 said:

All while being constantly doubled

Oh wait - being doubled means you're bad cause you can't pass :lol: 

i had no issue with jokic winning last season, he deserved it. this year ? no. 

captain contrarian | Alan Miller, Chief Investment Officer, SCMDirect.com

6 minutes ago, Alpha_TATEr said:

i had no issue with jokic winning last season, he deserved it. this year ? no. 

I would have no issue Embiid, Giannis, or Jokic winning it. 

I'm simply making the case for Jokic and why he deserved it. His numbers are comparable if not better than Embiid. You can't make the argument advanced stats are worthless when Embiid is right behind him in every stat. 

I had it: Jokic, Embiid, Giannis, Tatum, Booker. 

8 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Jokic has the highest ppg/rebounds/assists per game average in the history of the NBA. 

 

that does not answer the question you asked. I did. You responded with an irrelevant fact.

2 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Jokic has the highest ppg/rebounds/assists per game average in the history of the NBA. 

Can't refute anything so go that route. Makes sense. 

You said I don't watch the NBA other than the Sixers, which is wrong and moronic.  Nothing more than a weak self serving assumption with someone who takes the same input as you but processes it differently.  Also, you claimed I and others were saying advanced stats are dumb when I did no such thing. 

I'm a data nerd.  I have nothing against advanced stats.  The problem is those stats are great for measuring past performance but for MVP, you need great performance, which Jokic has, as well as actual accomplishment.  Finishing tied for 10th in the league is not enough of an accomplishment.  You can lie to yourself all you want but it's just not.  

12 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

You clearly don't watch basketball besides the Sixers. 

Everyone wants to claim the advanced stats are dumb but guess who is right behind Jokic in every advanced stat, Embiid. Then you are discrediting Embiid as well. 

Points per game doesn't equate to MVP. 

that was not your question either. Put the goal posts down where they belong and admit defeat.

1 minute ago, Shepard Wong said:

You said I don't watch the NBA other than the Sixers, which is wrong and moronic.  Nothing more than a weak self serving assumption with someone who takes the same input as you but processes it differently.  Also, you claimed I and others were saying advanced stats are dumb when I did no such thing. 

I'm a data nerd.  I have nothing against advanced stats.  The problem is those stats are great for measuring past performance but for MVP, you need great performance, which Jokic has, as well as actual accomplishment.  Finishing tied for 10th in the league is not enough of an accomplishment.  You can lie to yourself all you want but it's just not.  

You said he isn't in the conversation for MVP. Which is the dumbest take 

Just now, DaEagles4Life said:

You said he isn't in the conversation for MVP. Which is the dumbest take 

I said he shouldn't be not that he isn't.  He's going to win it.  He's obviously in the conversation.  Is this how you converse with people in real life also?  Every comment you've made to summarize or repeat what I said has been completely inaccurate.  

2 minutes ago, Shepard Wong said:

I said he shouldn't be not that he isn't.  He's going to win it.  He's obviously in the conversation.  Is this how you converse with people in real life also?  Every comment you've made to summarize or repeat what I said has been completely inaccurate.  

And yes by you saying he shouldn't be in the conversation for MVP is a terrible take. 

1 minute ago, DaEagles4Life said:

And yes by you saying he shouldn't be in the conversation for MVP is a terrible take. 

At least you made a statement without lying.  Congrats.

 

24 minutes ago, Shepard Wong said:

I said he shouldn't be not that he isn't.  He's going to win it.  He's obviously in the conversation.  Is this how you converse with people in real life also?  Every comment you've made to summarize or repeat what I said has been completely inaccurate.  

and people say cvon is tough ? 

 

I'm fouling him every possession when he first steps on the court if Nets are in the bonus. 

4 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

 

I'm fouling him every possession when he first steps on the court if Nets are in the bonus. 

I said that a bunch of posts ago so totally agree......let's see how Durant and Irving feel being made completely irrelevant in a game watching as Ben bricks free throws.

More likely then not that he suffers some sort of setback and can’t play

11 hours ago, NYEagle said:

Yes, so he can score zero points in the 4th quarter and give up a dunk to pass that would put them in the lead and gain momentum!!  Besides bricking half his free throws!  The second he walks on the court, if I'm Boston.....Hack a Ben begins.

See 🙂

 

Just checking in.  I understand Doc gets a lot of heat around these parts but last night’s win was (at least) in part to his coaching; calling the TO at the exact right moment.  Kudos to Doc, job well done. :76:

3 hours ago, DaEagles4Life said:

 

Points per game doesn't equate to MVP. 

Correct.  MVP means "Most valuable player”.   How many wins does this team have without Joel Embiid?.

Or even a better question: How many MORE wins would most teams have with Embiid on the roster? 
 

 

30 minutes ago, Ace Nova said:

Correct.  MVP means "Most valuable player”.   How many wins does this team have without Joel Embiid?.

Or even a better question: How many MORE wins would most teams have with Embiid on the roster? 
 

 

You mean win share or WAR, wins above replacement? 

Just now, DaEagles4Life said:

You mean win share or WAR, wins above replacement? 

No.

I couldn’t care less about metrics. (All due respect).  Metrics can’t evaluate what a player of Embiid’s level does for a team or another team.  Not entirely.  
 

Most teams (including the 76ers) would need to completely change their roster, etc in order to best use Embiid:  For that simple reason, metrics should not weigh heavily when evaluating a player like Embiid.

Embiid is a game - team changer.  He’s a generational talent.  
 

 

Watching the game winning shot by Embiid from the camera angle from above, Harris with an ok screen but his ability to casually extend his elbow out more and more to prevent the defender to get anywhere close to Embiid. Hell of a job by him knowing the officials in that situation are likely never going to call it. 

CCB0B8DE-2A4A-4D1A-810C-93DE11F2D055.thumb.jpeg.930293b2452dc233d30ebe14b996eeca.jpeg37A8CAEF-C70E-437D-8C01-EF5290964228.thumb.jpeg.d755cc0e1788fe739135f52e6ac15135.jpeg

9 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Watching the game winning shot by Embiid from the camera angle from above, Harris with an ok screen but his ability to casually extend his elbow out more and more to prevent the defender to get anywhere close allows to Embiid. Hell of a job by him knowing the officials in that situation are likely never going to call it. 

CCB0B8DE-2A4A-4D1A-810C-93DE11F2D055.thumb.jpeg.930293b2452dc233d30ebe14b996eeca.jpeg37A8CAEF-C70E-437D-8C01-EF5290964228.thumb.jpeg.d755cc0e1788fe739135f52e6ac15135.jpeg

Worked out, but man if he had been called for the foul there…

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.