Holy Grail

Mad mad mad world

Weird Science

Fletch

Murder by Death

If we are going off of his crazy newish movies then Step bros 

1 hour ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

If we are going off of his crazy newish movies then Step bros 

I have a soft spot for Stuck on You and Outside Providence also. I find those two movies utterly hilarious.

58 minutes ago, jrsu37 said:

I have a soft spot for Stuck on You and Outside Providence also. I find those two movies utterly hilarious.

haven't thought of that movie in ages. thanks, azzbag.

HELP: thought Outside Providence had ELP's From the Beginning in it but must be another movie. That movie had three friends crossing into Canada (?) for sh**s & giggles one night. At one point the hot head friend mouths off to a gang leader, the smart friend/narrator advises the gang leader to beat the snot out of him enough so he learns respect instead of outright killing him. Idea of the movie ?

EDIT: CROSSING THE BRIDGE (1992 )

2 hours ago, wholesale_Melvin said:

EDIT: CROSSING THE BRIDGE (1992 )

Never seen it, but now, after reading the synopsis, I kinda want to.

2 minutes ago, jrsu37 said:

Never seen it, but now, after reading the synopsis, I kinda want to.

it's clearly a 90s movie, naive smart kid has two friends that he has to make a decision about his ethics about. the kid from Iron Eagle plays the hot head. Steven Baldwin is in it. good soundtrack. 

On 8/30/2020 at 9:24 PM, hputenis said:

My MIL doesn't like Dumb and Dumber.  Understandable as she is turning 60 soon, and her sense of humor is terrible, but we definitely got into a verbal altercation about it last night.  If you can appreciate that movie for what it is.........then you're doing it right.  Someone name another movie that is quotable and hilarious from opening to closing credits other than National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation.  I'll wait.   

Jay and silent bob strike back. 

2 hours ago, 20dawk4life said:

Clerks

• Like 2

Watched TENET. Enjoyed it. It is a LOT to take in and process. 

• Like 1

On 9/1/2020 at 7:01 PM, 20dawk4life said:

Pulp Fiction 

Reservoir Dogs

Are people just naming movies for the sake of it now?  Whoever thinks Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back is as funny as Dumb and Dumber should be taken into police custody.  

• Like 3

13 hours ago, hputenis said:

Are people just naming movies for the sake of it now?  Whoever thinks Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back is as funny as Dumb and Dumber should be taken into police custody.  

I thought we were naming quotable movies, but I’m cool with just blurting nonsense out at inappropriate times, too.  Keeps people away.

• Like 1

On 9/2/2020 at 8:55 PM, Agent23 said:

Watched TENET. Enjoyed it. It is a LOT to take in and process. 

Wait hold up! Are the theaters open?? I haven't even bothered to look 

On 8/31/2020 at 9:15 AM, The_Omega said:

Airplane

Tommy Boy

I'll give you these.  Both very quotable from start to finish.  

My original drunken rant about Dumb and Dumber is being proven in the blog right now.  We may actually gif Dumb and Dumber from start to finish.  Not sure if I can use gif as a verb, but it just happened.  

Saw unhinged. I went it with zero expectations but it turned out to be a solid movie

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Watched an old fave last night, PCU.  Stars Jeremy Piven, (before his Entourage fame) Jon Favreau and David Spade .  PCU could be an acronym for Port Chester University, the college where the film takes place, or more for Politically Correct University, which is what the film is about.  Considering this day and age, this film was ahead of its time focusing on the PC crowd (it came out in 1994).  It's pretty damned funny.  Kind of sophomoric and sometimes cheesy, but mostly funny.  Lots of quotable lines from it as well.  

1917 - Finally got around to renting it and watching it over the weekend.  Have it on again right now, they just climbed out of the trenches into no mans land.  Incredible.  One of the most striking aspect of the movie, IMHO, is the landscape.  Often appears to be mutilated flesh, as if it was another casualty of, what had to be, unimaginable conflict and carnage.  This film definitely deserves all the love it got.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, The_Omega said:

1917 - Finally got around to renting it and watching it over the weekend.  Have it on again right now, they just climbed out of the trenches into no mans land.  Incredible.  One of the most striking aspect of the movie, IMHO, is the landscape.  Often appears to be mutilated flesh, as if it was another casualty of, what had to be, unimaginable conflict and carnage.  This film definitely deserves all the love it got.

That movie is a great example of why I’ll be back to the theaters as soon as good movies return. That movie was an experience in the theater. Absolutely incredible, masterclass on cinematography!

• Like 2

I drove over 2 hours to see tenet in imax. I will probably be moved to Minnesota at this point before NY state reopens theaters lmao 

• 2 weeks later...

has to be a joke, just by the way it was edited. but i'd watch it on Hulu.  

• 5 weeks later...

Movies open again on Thursday! I'm already booked to go see Tenet on Friday