Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The Eagles Message Board

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

Featured Replies

11 hours ago, joemas6 said:

So these are guys that are going to get cut?   Before this season starts?

They are in the running. The winner has to have those conditions. If it pans out, he's no longer in the running

  • Replies 89.6k
  • Views 2.8m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

Posted Images

image.png.1440b518a527897d0afaee2c04432a6e.png

1 hour ago, stine said:

We traded up to Pick 233 to draft Mailata? How many picks are there in the draft? 250? If there were two picks invested, I highly doubt they were worth much....

Two 7th rounders.

2 hours ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Boy,I would love to see Strong later in the season in garbage time, just to see what he's got

Does it really show u much in garbage time?  You need to see him hand the ball off?  Or throw a pass to Greg Ward?  Not necessary....rest the knee and just learn.   

15 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Does it really show u much in garbage time?  You need to see him hand the ball off?  Or throw a pass to Greg Ward?  Not necessary....rest the knee and just learn.   

Like to see if he can move around in the pocket with ease,or if he looks like he is not able to. We already know he has an arm and is accurate,it's the movement issue,so yeah I'd like to see him

3 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Like to see if he can move around in the pocket with ease,or if he looks like he is not able to. We already know he has an arm and is accurate,it's the movement issue,so yeah I'd like to see him

To me doesn't mean anything if it's garbage time.  And I don't need to see it because I'm not making any decisions.  They will sew him in practice all year long, which matters more than any couple of snaps. 

47 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Two 7th rounders.

  OK, so they trade two picks at the end of the draft for one almost at the end of the draft.  Not exactly a huge gamble.....

21 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

To me doesn't mean anything if it's garbage time.  And I don't need to see it because I'm not making any decisions.  They will sew him in practice all year long, which matters more than any couple of snaps. 

I would, just as a fan

3 minutes ago, stine said:

  OK, so they trade two picks at the end of the draft for one almost at the end of the draft.  Not exactly a huge gamble.....

yeah like I said,close to UDFA territory. From what I read,the move up was a good idea though,because other teams were ready to take a gamble on him with a 7th,so although it wasn't a huge move as far as draft picks,it was a huge move to get what we have now

22 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

To me doesn't mean anything if it's garbage time.  And I don't need to see it because I'm not making any decisions.  They will sew him in practice all year long, which matters more than any couple of snaps. 

Practice is practice. As a fan I would like to see him in a real game scenario when there is more pressure on him

55 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Two 7th rounders.

And i remember the NFL "experts" mocking the pick as wasted.

Where are they now?

6 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

I would, just as a fan

yeah like I said,close to UDFA territory. From what I read,the move up was a good idea though,because other teams were ready to take a gamble on him with a 7th,so although it wasn't a huge move as far as draft picks,it was a huge move to get what we have now

compared to what he is worth now I would say so...

12 minutes ago, stine said:

  OK, so they trade two picks at the end of the draft for one almost at the end of the draft.  Not exactly a huge gamble.....

I mean,  the conversation of the Nate or whatever was about a UDFA... I'm just pointing out Mailata was acquired using 2 picks. 

9 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Practice is practice. As a fan I would like to see him in a real game scenario when there is more pressure on him

Garbage time is pressure?

13 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

I mean,  the conversation of the Nate or whatever was about a UDFA... I'm just pointing out Mailata was acquired using 2 picks. 

Garbage time is pressure?

LOL sure,the other team will still bring pressure,they aren't gonna let him sit back there for 15 seconds

3 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

LOL sure,the other team will still bring pressure,they aren't gonna let him sit back there for 15 seconds

I'll put it another way.  You got to see Jalen Hurts play 20 games ... do you think us seeing him play effects any decision?  Lol

6 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

LOL sure,the other team will still bring pressure,they aren't gonna let him sit back there for 15 seconds

So " garbage time"  or as I call it ..." handoff time"  or " backup time"

Let's look at it.  

1. They don't dress 3 QBs. So Minshew would have to be traded or hurt( idk how he would get hurt though)

2.  It's a blowout situation, so both teams run to kill the clock

3.  It's all backups involved.  

With all those things, what are you going to see that would be more than a whole offseason/ season of practice? 

Now if Hurts were to be injured... sure I'd like to see the kid play in a meaningful real situation.    But I want to avoid at all costs, the idea of Hurts not getting the 100% full evaluation.  I need the Hams of the world being left with zero excuses and for them to admit Hurts isn't the guy.  That of course is if things don't go well.   As much as those people need to realize it's a possibility...I'm also willing to give Hurts all the chances to succeed. 

  • Author
7 hours ago, stine said:

  If Next year's QB's were available in this year's draft, I can safely say Hurts would not be starting this year. The Eagles would have drafted one of the top 5 QB's. Hurts will benefit from that as he can prove himself this year to avoid the Eagles taking a QB in next year's draft...

I haven’t seen a guy drafted since him do better.

https://heavy.com/sports/philadelphia-eagles/ali-fayad-western-michigan/?utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Philadelphia Eagles May 10&utm_content=Philadelphia Eagles May 10+CID_6ff402a2a38eb79d8e08c4a1d49b3d90&utm_source=Campaign Monitor&utm_term=Click here for the full story 

3 hours ago, joemas6 said:

I'll put it another way.  You got to see Jalen Hurts play 20 games ... do you think us seeing him play effects any decision?  Lol

I'm not making the decision Joe, doesn't alter the fact I would like to see him as a fan

3 hours ago, joemas6 said:

So " garbage time"  or as I call it ..." handoff time"  or " backup time"

Let's look at it.  

1. They don't dress 3 QBs. So Minshew would have to be traded or hurt( idk how he would get hurt though)

2.  It's a blowout situation, so both teams run to kill the clock

3.  It's all backups involved.  

With all those things, what are you going to see that would be more than a whole offseason/ season of practice? 

Now if Hurts were to be injured... sure I'd like to see the kid play in a meaningful real situation.    But I want to avoid at all costs, the idea of Hurts not getting the 100% full evaluation.  I need the Hams of the world being left with zero excuses and for them to admit Hurts isn't the guy.  That of course is if things don't go well.   As much as those people need to realize it's a possibility...I'm also willing to give Hurts all the chances to succeed. 

1) I have no idea what happens with Shew,maybe he gets traded or Strong wins the 2 job outright? 2) yeah it's a blowout, a great time to turn your rook QB loose to see what he can do(because at that point it no longer matters and we can test how he does calling the plays at the LOS ) 3) Sure but at least you are playing against NEW guys you haven't been practicing with who give you a different look,so like it would KILL you to let him play???? Why does everyone have to have Joe's opinion? I don't and I would like to see his footwork vs scrubs or whatever as a FAN.I would like to see a small portion of what the coaches see, and NO I DON'T get to see all the practices. 

Head coach Nick Sirianni will have the luxury of unleashing both Davis and Dean on opposing offenses. With the Eagles likely switching to a 3-4 defense in 2022 — a fact Sirianni wouldn’t admit to reporters — the possibilities are endless for the two young defensive playmakers from Georgia.

"Good luck blocking Jordan, he’s pretty big,” Sirianni said. "He can push the pocket. He can eat up double teams where they can’t get back to the linebackers. With Nakobe, he has great instinct and he’s all over the field. He’s where he’s supposed to be when he’s supposed to be there, and you have to account for that as an offense.”

 
2 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I haven’t seen a guy drafted since him do better.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2020/story/_/id/28266417/meet-2020-nfl-draft-quarterback-class-everything-know-joe-burrow-tua-tagovailoa-more  So you'd rather have Hurts over Herbert or Burrow? I need some of whatever you are smoking

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.