Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The Eagles Message Board

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

Featured Replies

4 hours ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

1) I have no idea what happens with Shew,maybe he gets traded or Strong wins the 2 job outright? 2) yeah it's a blowout, a great time to turn your rook QB loose to see what he can do(because at that point it no longer matters and we can test how he does calling the plays at the LOS ) 3) Sure but at least you are playing against NEW guys you haven't been practicing with who give you a different look,so like it would KILL you to let him play???? Why does everyone have to have Joe's opinion? I don't and I would like to see his footwork vs scrubs or whatever as a FAN.I would like to see a small portion of what the coaches see, and NO I DON'T get to see all the practices. 

You don't have to have my opinion at all.  I'm just saying the 2000 snaps he takes in practice is better than to see him handoff in a game... blowout means they won't pass.  I don't need to see him hand off.   I don't want my team to be the @$$hole team passing the ball up big at the end of the game...that's when opponents take cheap shots.  If we are down huge...I still want Hurts in the game. Let him struggle through and have his intangibles shine...lol

  • Replies 89.6k
  • Views 2.8m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

Posted Images

3 hours ago, joemas6 said:

You don't have to have my opinion at all.  I'm just saying the 2000 snaps he takes in practice is better than to see him handoff in a game... blowout means they won't pass.  I don't need to see him hand off.   I don't want my team to be the @$$hole team passing the ball up big at the end of the game...that's when opponents take cheap shots.  If we are down huge...I still want Hurts in the game. Let him struggle through and have his intangibles shine...lol

I’d end up agreeing think the only real way we see Strong is if it’s a bad season and we have made our decision that Hurts isn’t the guy.

 

13 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

I’d end up agreeing think the only real way we see Strong is if it’s a bad season and we have made our decision that Hurts isn’t the guy.

 

SO if we go 9-8 Hurts is the guy???

3 hours ago, joemas6 said:

You don't have to have my opinion at all.  I'm just saying the 2000 snaps he takes in practice is better than to see him handoff in a game... blowout means they won't pass.  I don't need to see him hand off.   I don't want my team to be the @$$hole team passing the ball up big at the end of the game...that's when opponents take cheap shots.  If we are down huge...I still want Hurts in the game. Let him struggle through and have his intangibles shine...lol

RIght,they take cheap shots. So why expose your starting QB any further?

48 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

SO if we go 9-8 Hurts is the guy???

No probably not but we are likely a playoff team. When I say bad season I’m talking we have 3 wins and eliminated from the playoffs. 

  • Author
9 hours ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2020/story/_/id/28266417/meet-2020-nfl-draft-quarterback-class-everything-know-joe-burrow-tua-tagovailoa-more  So you'd rather have Hurts over Herbert or Burrow? I need some of whatever you are smoking

Both drafted before him….need what you are smoking evidently if you thought they were drafted after Hurts.

13 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Both drafted before him….need what you are smoking evidently if you thought they were drafted after Hurts.

Who cares where I guy is drafted Rg3 was the #2 pick I’d rather have Wilson all day everyday and he was a 3rd rounder 

I remember when Andy Dalton was the bar for a QB essentially if your QB wasn’t better then Dalton you needed a new QB.

Not sure who that QB I’d anymore maybe Derek Carr ??? 
 

Didn’t matter what round a guy was taken 

7 hours ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

 

RIght,they take cheap shots. So why expose your starting QB any further?

Right...so bring in the backup to handoff.   Whoopi we get to see the handoffs.

  • Author
11 hours ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

It was never about becoming a part owner in Miami. He was circumventing things to play in Miami. It all blew up in everybody’s face however. But now he can just go to Miami as a FA this offseason. He made sure there is a no tag clause in his contract.

16 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I haven’t seen a guy drafted since him do better.

Mac Jones. Better Completion Percentage, More Yards passing, Better TD/Int ratio and Higher Rating. Keep in mind that Hurts had the Best O-Line in front of him than any other Rookie QB.

   This year I expect to see other QB's out perform him also. Of course, Hurts could improve and prove us wrong. That would be a pleasant Surprise!

21 minutes ago, stine said:

Mac Jones. Better Completion Percentage, More Yards passing, Better TD/Int ratio and Higher Rating. Keep in mind that Hurts had the Best O-Line in front of him than any other Rookie QB.

   This year I expect to see other QB's out perform him also. Of course, Hurts could improve and prove us wrong. That would be a pleasant Surprise!

Think you even argue Davis Mills played better was on maybe the worst team in football in the Texans. 
 

Played in 13 games just under 2700 yards passing 16 tds 10 ints had just under 67% completion 

Hurts 15 games 3144 yards 16 tds 9 ints just little over 61%

22 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Think you even argue Davis Mills played better was on maybe the worst team in football in the Texans. 
 

Played in 13 games just under 2700 yards passing 16 tds 10 ints had just under 67% completion 

Hurts 15 games 3144 yards 16 tds 9 ints just little over 61%

But who had more 16 yard passes?

  • Author

It’s amazing how over 750 yards and 10 TDs just gets sneezed at

  • Author

Still waiting for somebody better than Hurts to be drafted. He was taken in the second round of 2020. The rest of that 2020 draft. Whole 2021 draft. Whole 2022 draft. That’s a ton of selections!

The way several fans here rail on him you’d think there would have been dozens.

  • Author

Did Mac Jones have superior coaching? Yes absolutely. Bellicheat maximized his bit of talent to achieve what he did. Good for him. He wasn’t nearly the weapon Hurts was but had a good season. The only guy to even try and talk about performing close to as good as Hurts.

42 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Still waiting for somebody better than Hurts to be drafted. He was taken in the second round of 2020. The rest of that 2020 draft. Whole 2021 draft. Whole 2022 draft. That’s a ton of selections!

The way several fans here rail on him you’d think there would have been dozens.

Herbert, burrow, Jones, hell mills play on par with him with a way worse team. Tua has played just as well as Hurts. 

5 QBs since you want to limit it just from 2 drafts 

9 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Did Mac Jones have superior coaching? Yes absolutely. Bellicheat maximized his bit of talent to achieve what he did. Good for him. He wasn’t nearly the weapon Hurts was but had a good season. The only guy to even try and talk about performing close to as good as Hurts.

Lmao and Hurts had a superior supporting cast I can’t even name a NE WR.  

8 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Did Mac Jones have superior coaching? Yes absolutely. Bellicheat maximized his bit of talent to achieve what he did. Good for him. He wasn’t nearly the weapon Hurts was but had a good season. The only guy to even try and talk about performing close to as good as Hurts.

unreal. You are so mesmerized by Hurts, you ignore all of his deficiencies! What did Hurts do as a passer that we are missing? Yes, Hurts is a good running back, but that is not what we need behind the center. When has a great running QB won anything? Never! He has to be able to throw the ball and read defenses. Until he shows that he can, he will not be considered a #1 QB in this league. Mac Jone had a better coach, but the O-Line was much worse and he did not have the supporting Cast Hurts did. Who on NE was close to Smith or Dallas?

I’d easily say Trey Lance did better in his 3 games then Hurts in 4 games as a rookie 

8 hours ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

No probably not but we are likely a playoff team. When I say bad season I’m talking we have 3 wins and eliminated from the playoffs. 

OK I'm sure they have a goal/criteria that needs met, no clue what that may be

6 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Both drafted before him….need what you are smoking evidently if you thought they were drafted after Hurts.

If we really wanted a QB we would have moved up for one???? "since" would include guys drafted in the same draft. Mac Jones is doing well in NE and if they give lawrence some tools he will be fine also. So you want to compare QB's with a year less experience as "not as good as Hurts". Fields could do well if they drafted decent players for him also,but Chicago is a mess like Cleveland used to be

54 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

It’s amazing how over 750 yards and 10 TDs just gets sneezed at

It’s great let’s put him at RB then we need a QB though someone who can actually pass the ball 

2 hours ago, joemas6 said:

Right...so bring in the backup to handoff.   Whoopi we get to see the handoffs.

Not if I was coach,I would want to see my young QB's ability to read D's and pass if that's what I am looking for

1 hour ago, joemas6 said:

But who had more 16 yard passes?

My guess would be Mills 

1 hour ago, cunninghamtheman said:

It was never about becoming a part owner in Miami. He was circumventing things to play in Miami. It all blew up in everybody’s face however. But now he can just go to Miami as a FA this offseason. He made sure there is a no tag clause in his contract.

Baloney. I know he was interested in buying into/all of the Dolphins (I know Dan Marino-dated his cousin for 12 years). He may have changed his mind now with the FOX sports contract. I doubt he could do both at the same time and the FOX gig is alot easier

1 hour ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Still waiting for somebody better than Hurts to be drafted. He was taken in the second round of 2020. The rest of that 2020 draft. Whole 2021 draft. Whole 2022 draft. That’s a ton of selections!

The way several fans here rail on him you’d think there would have been dozens.

Thats a ton of guys who have a years less experience also,so lets see what they do this year ok?

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.