Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

1 minute ago, cunninghamtheman said:

You guys are trying to force things and quote me with things I never said. I stated last year how we weren’t some great team. Overachieved and got into the postseason. Said we had a Puncher’s  Chance in the postseason only. BG would get so upset with me because I said anything can happen. If Arod  or Brady go down to injury we could win. Have some luck go our way and we could run the ball and keep things close…..or protect a lead.

But let's focus on this year.   The team coming from 9 wins, after it figured out all these issues from the first half f last year....got that valuable playoff experience...   made significant additions...

Why can't we say we expect the division win, pro bowl QB and a playoff win?    

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

True. I expect to go 11-6

They have us at over/under 8.5 wins

Just now, cunninghamtheman said:

I’ve been on the record as stating we are now a second tier team in the NFC. Huge step forward!

So again... I'm assuming your top tier is Tampa, Green Bay and LA.   

We play only one of those... so why can't we expect to get 12 or 13 wins and a playoff win vs a lower tier team?

They have us at over/under 8.5 wins

What did they have Cincy last year...and the Eagles in 2017?

4 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Stepping up from the last playoff team to expecting to win and be the best is massive. Each step forward is very difficult. Look at Green Bay. Heck the Rams been trying to knock on that door for years. KC could only do it once.

I never said be " the best"   stepping up from 9 wins to win the division....this particular division shouldn't be that significant.  Especially with the offseason improvement.   No reason we shouldn't expect that...if we feel the 9 wins were legit and our QB was 14th best with that crap WR Corp last year. 

To me...the minimum expectations should be win division and a home playoff win.    

That absolutely is on par with a 3rd year improving every year of his life...seeking out the QB whisperer... getting 2 starting veteran WRs, one legit stud... and first time since high school in the same offense for a second straight year.

I'm seeing it all there for this guy to take his team to that 2nd tier level.... of one playoff win after winning a bad division. 

Because I guarantee you...  if Wentz would only take this team to a division win and one playoff win.... we would all see that as a disappointment.   If Hurts is better...than he should at minimum do that.   This team is good enough to get that with the legit 14th best QB.

37 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Yeah... Green Bay doesn't have enough around their QB.... I think football fans have been saying that for years. 

But why when you take a LEGIT 9 win team with a first year QB playing the 14th best in the league...  make all the additions,  why can't you expect the team to have significant more success?

How do we do with Aaron Rodgers on this team?

Just now, stine said:

What do you think?  Would we only want a division title or expect it.   I would assume anything less than SB appearance would be disappointing.   

I don't expect that from Hurts... but absolutely winning the division and one home playoff game would be my expectations for a top 14 QB.  

If dude doesn't deliver... but yet is up for a big contract??    What do you think happens?  

You made the playoffs...the next step to me is obvious... win a playoff game.   That's the natural progression.   

If someone can look at the roster improvements and not expect this... then in no way do they believe in the QB.

You guys have taken everything to the extreme. I just seem to be the only here that thinks Hurts is a legit starter. Never said he was the greatest ever. Just defended him from all the talk of him being garbage. I didn’t see an alternative that was better at QB. Wilson wasn’t coming here. Tried to explain that. Watson was our best shot. But he’s loaded with issues. Many don’t want him because of his character. I just can think outside the box of what 99 percent think that you must have a top QB to win.

11 minutes ago, stine said:

How about with ARod, Devante Adams and Aaron Donald?

3 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

You guys have taken everything to the extreme. I just seem to be the only here that thinks Hurts is a legit starter. Never said he was the greatest ever. Just defended him from all the talk of him being garbage. I didn’t see an alternative that was better at QB. Wilson wasn’t coming here. Tried to explain that. Watson was our best shot. But he’s loaded with issues. Many don’t want him because of his character. I just can think outside the box of what 99 percent think that you must have a top QB to win.

Disagree with this.

1.  It's not extreme to expect one playoff win...after making the playoffs and getting significant upgrades to key positions. 

2.   You absolutely go out of your way to praise Hurts for successfully tying his shoes.  

I'm saying that the 14th best QB should win a playoff game with this team.  I'm also saying that he should be better than the 14th best QB now.   I'm agreeing with you that last year was his first full year and he had bad weapons. 

Where we Disagree is that you don't think all this should help the Eagles win or maybe you Disagree that Hurts should improve significantly this year. Idk...but you keep lowering the bar for him and this team.  

But everybody seems stuck on having to give up three first rounders and pay fifty mil to be a good team.

Just now, cunninghamtheman said:

But everybody seems stuck on having to give up three first rounders and pay fifty mil to be a good team.

Nobody is stuck or even talking about this...  nobody.  We are talking about the team expectations this year and why they should be significantly higher.

3 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Nobody is stuck or even talking about this...  nobody.  We are talking about the team expectations this year and why they should be significantly higher.

Been plenty of talk about trying to trade you to get a top QB in the draft or top vet. Where you been?

It's an easy issue here...that you keep avoiding.  Bringing up stuff nobody is talking about.    

It's simple...why aren't your expectations higher for this team and QB?  

You keep bringing up 8.5 wins... why would a team that won 9 last year , that made all these improvements only be given an 8.5 win #?

The 2 answers are simple.   People are skeptical about the 9 wins last year and are even more skeptical about the QB.     It's not the coach,  the system, the rest of the roster or the schedule  ... it's simply those 2 things.

But you constantly state reasons to believe in the legitimacy of the 9 wins and the QB...yet you can't say you expect more?

Been plenty of talk about trying to trade you to get a top QB in the draft or top vet. Where you been?

Not in recent conversations.  Nor what anyone is talking about here when looking at this season.

11 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Significantly higher than last year’s expectations. What were last year’s expectations? Not much. So yeah having expectations this year is a huge jump I would think.

3 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Significantly higher than last year’s expectations. What were last year’s expectations? Not much. So yeah having expectations this year is a huge jump I would think.

Stop with the spin...  the results of last year,  you showed reasons why you think they are legit...  the results.   Now after those results... and the improvement of the roster plus the experience gained by the 14th best QB.  

Why are expectations not significantly better... why don't you expect to win a playoff game? 

What do we expect from teams this year... is it based on the results from last year or from the expectations that we had prior to last year?  

I would assume expectations are more from the results of last year...plus the offseason moves that were made.    Does anyone expect less from the Rams and Bengals because they expected less last year?   

2 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Stop with the spin...  the results of last year,  you showed reasons why you think they are legit...  the results.   Now after those results... and the improvement of the roster plus the experience gained by the 14th best QB.  

Why are expectations not significantly better... why don't you expect to win a playoff game? 

Probably partly because it’s May

This obsession with 2020...lol.  2 years after Chip dumpster fire season and one year after being in last place with a losing record ( the only losing record within the division)  we won a SB.

Yet it's " extreme" to expect a playoff team to win more games and just one playoff game? 

I do think week one matters. 9,10 or 11 wins I think depends on winningweek one. I know we are a better team than Detroit but doesn't guarantee anything. I keep talking about how we are switching defense. That always comes with lumps. No matter how awesome you believe things look on paper in May.

2 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Probably partly because it’s May

Probably because you know the QB isn't that good and you want to keep expectations low so in your mind he wouldn't fail.   

Just now, joemas6 said:

This obsession with 2020...lol.  2 years after Chip dumpster fire season and one year after being in last place with a losing record ( the only losing record within the division)  we won a SB.

Yet it's " extreme" to expect a playoff team to win more games and just one playoff game? 

Is winning it all the norm and baseline?

Just now, joemas6 said:

Probably because you know the QB isn't that good and you want to keep expectations low so in your mind he wouldn't fail.   

You want to launch them to the stratosphere so you can blame Hurts for anything less

Archived