Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

Just now, cunninghamtheman said:

I don’t think Wentz can be that MVP level player he was. Just is what it is. It’s gone. The guy has to adjust or be done.

I can agree with this. After his brushes with injury he was never quite the same.; We'll see how he does vs us twice this year. he has 2 nice WR's,not much in the TE dept. why I was glad we beefed up the secondary with Bradberry

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Washington whole organization in such turmoil. They are a disaster. They got real lucky getting their coach. Not sure many could weather more than him. Still probably too much

17 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I’m very aware I’ve  been sucked into arguing with people that want to blame our QB1 for games that haven’t even been played yet. So their judgement is clearly in question about what actually happens. You’ve already admitted your agenda. Lost any sense of impartial ness. I’ll watch what happens and evaluate as things go. Just seems fair to me.

I was the first to suggest trading up for Wentz actually. Before we made all the moves to get up there.

Idk there was any argument.  I'm just having higher expectations than you are... I want the next step.  Legit 9 wins last year and a playoff appearance,  I see no reason why we don't take the next step.    

Also..  it doesn't matter our opinion,  we know that the front office will change the QB if they feel the team underachieves.   

I don't know why we should lower expectations...that doesn't fit our fanbase.   I expect my top 14 QB to improve to be a top ten guy this year.  And I expect that improvement along with everything else that clearly improved... to lead to a playoff win and us to be a 2nd tier NFC team.    

I'm not expecting to blame anyone for any losses...I'm not expecting to lose much this year. 

13 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I don’t think Wentz can be that MVP level player he was. Just is what it is. It’s gone. The guy has to adjust or be done.

I don't really care... my Eagles are my focus.  My expectations are high for this team this year.  Probably almost as high as the front office...who paid out a lot of money to surround their intangibles with tangible teammates. 

I never said Hurts is the best QB in the league. I do think he helps bring a great pro work environment to a team that needs to develop learn and grow. So we can have ideal coaching environments on the field, in the classroom, weight room…..that’s where I believe this team is situated league wide. We have a bunch to put together here. I do think he’s proven himself a legit starter. Also believe in him as far as his work ethic. I know he’ll improve. I don’t see his ceiling as high as Mahomes. But I do see his elite rushing as a weapon. Complicates things for any DC. He’s also tough to bring down. Not tall but real solid lower body. His height does make him less able to see over his huge Oline across the middle. He doesn’t have the Favre rocket arm either. So he needs to see things quicker than laser armed guys. So I think if he continues to improve with experience in reading NFL Ds. And he continues to improve his passing like he did from year one to two then he can work. I see him as a leader that just needs to distribute to his playmakers. Believe adding AJ, will showcase this.

22 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

I don't really care... my Eagles are my focus.  My expectations are high for this team this year.  Probably almost as high as the front office...who paid out a lot of money to surround their intangibles with tangible teammates. 

Think that’s where you missed it with our Super Team….and missing it now. It’s about building up quality talented players. Talent…but also the work ethic. Polish….but still coachable. Individuals….that crave to be part of something larger.

39 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Think that’s where you missed it with our Super Team….and missing it now. It’s about building up quality talented players. Talent…but also the work ethic. Polish….but still coachable. Individuals….that crave to be part of something larger.

And it's all built off of the playoff season last year.  This is where you miss.  They added talent and got some injured guys back.    Upgraded tremendously at WR with the QB'S best friend.    It's a very good offseason with the intangibles.   Local kid stud pass rusher as well.

So I'm expecting to take the next step to win a playoff game... I don't think it's too much and I think a top 14 QB can take this team there.   

I don't see why you don't think this way??? Baffles me for a guy constantly talking up last season. 

3 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

And it's all built off of the playoff season last year.  This is where you miss.  They added talent and got some injured guys back.    Upgraded tremendously at WR with the QB'S best friend.    It's a very good offseason with the intangibles.   Local kid stud pass rusher as well.

So I'm expecting to take the next step to win a playoff game... I don't think it's too much and I think a top 14 QB can take this team there.   

I don't see why you don't think this way??? Baffles me for a guy constantly talking up last season. 

Plus the addition of Bradberry for the secondary

I approve of the trajectory of the team. It was in complete dumpster fire territory. Think they are scratching their way up in a solid manner. They’ve been making good moves. But still dealing with a bit of the hole they were dealt to have to overcome. Management isn’t all in on this year clearly. The GM dealt a first rounder for future draft capital. Obviously this team would have benefitted more with current talent addition instead. Really you could have gone the other way and used future picks to aid this team. So where could they be if they used the third first rounder this year? Then on top of that used a high pick from next year towards this year’s team? It is an interesting question to ponder. Going ‘all in’ on this team. What would the ceiling be?

I seem to be the only one that starts by questioning the coaching situation. Felt like no big time coach would take the job with all the terrible rumors flying after firing Pedey. Felt Rosie hired a guy with potential. But if it didn’t work out that Siri was absolutely the answer at least he was good for revamping and developing a new core. Feels like Gannon is only here for one more season. So if he leaves like expected we’ll need a new DC. But year three of the revamped team maybe we should go all new. The team will look much more attractive. Could we bring Sean Payton in? Have an extra first round pick to trade with. Maybe we go for a top coach instead of the lemmings obsession. 

Maybe we are eying a top D mind. Knowing he prefers 3-4 style.

I’m really pretty surprised this hasn’t occurred to anybody else. 

24 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Maybe we are eying a top D mind. Knowing he prefers 3-4 style.

So if Gannon is not a top D mind, why would he be poached? You can't have it both ways. We thought we would collapse when we lost Reich also,which we did,but not due to losing Reich,it was draft and FO failure to get the needed components

31 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Why would it occur before the season even begins???? SOME guys want to stick around to see their work come to fruition. Some are lured my money only. Why I was hoping we could give Duce a promotion(not the HC job though). He worked for this team along time. We failed to do that for him or maybe it was "HC or nothing" IDK I wasn't there. So as far as gannon,I have no clue which camp he is in. if he wanted to see his work turn into the top D in the league,he would stay to see that through. You are always talking about players work ethic,but ignore the same with the coaching staff

4 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I approve of the trajectory of the team. It was in complete dumpster fire territory. Think they are scratching their way up in a solid manner. They’ve been making good moves. But still dealing with a bit of the hole they were dealt to have to overcome. Management isn’t all in on this year clearly. The GM dealt a first rounder for future draft capital. Obviously this team would have benefitted more with current talent addition instead. Really you could have gone the other way and used future picks to aid this team. So where could they be if they used the third first rounder this year? Then on top of that used a high pick from next year towards this year’s team? It is an interesting question to ponder. Going ‘all in’ on this team. What would the ceiling be?

????    Management isn't all in?  How much money on one year deals for Kelce,Cox,Barnett, Bradberry???    That's obviously a THIS year thing!   

Unbelievable you are focused on a trade of draft picks that is an obvious move to make EVERY YEAR!    I want them to do it again next year if they can... pick up an extra 3rd rounder and a 2nd rounder in 2025.  Then do it again and again.. each year then you would end up with a 1st round pick, plus two 2nd rounders and two 3rd rounders.    It's a no brainer.

9 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

????    Management isn't all in?  How much money on one year deals for Kelce,Cox,Barnett, Bradberry???    That's obviously a THIS year thing!   

Unbelievable you are focused on a trade of draft picks that is an obvious move to make EVERY YEAR!    I want them to do it again next year if they can... pick up an extra 3rd rounder and a 2nd rounder in 2025.  Then do it again and again.. each year then you would end up with a 1st round pick, plus two 2nd rounders and two 3rd rounders.    It's a no brainer.

Attempting logic again? You really need help with this

Ok... they used the 3rd first round pick for Dean.   How does that work for you.

How do may ask did they do that.   Because without the Saints trade for that pick 101... they would have had to trade pick 83  ( to get AJ Brown) which was used for Dean.  If they just took Dean in round 1, then it would make you happier???    

But they would be out of a 2nd first round pick next year...and the extra 2nd rounder in 2024.    

Maybe you feel that there is a player that you would trade Dean, a 1st next year and a 2nd in 2024 for???   If so, let us know now who that player is.  If not, then you realize that the trade was absolutely the right move.

Because of the Saints trade...they get a guy like Dean now so he can grow together with his teammates...they benefitted from that extra chemistry....and it's a great move for this year.   I like that Howie was able to get Dean and also have those extra picks. 

Maybe there was a CB they could have drafted instead though.   So in that case... they probably don't get Bradberry.    So the question is,do you want the rookie CB...or Bradberry/ Dean/ 2023 1st and 2024 2nd?  

Hmmmmmm that's a tough one there? Hmmmm?  

I mean... we take the next step and win a playoff game and you want to get rid of the coach?     Man you aren't getting into this team at all..  we got Hurts baby!  Playoff experience now...  we are ready to move ahead here and you got us losing to Detroit and looking for a new coach?

1 hour ago, joemas6 said:

I mean... we take the next step and win a playoff game and you want to get rid of the coach?     Man you aren't getting into this team at all..  we got Hurts baby!  Playoff experience now...  we are ready to move ahead here and you got us losing to Detroit and looking for a new coach?

He has no experience changing over from a 43 to a 34,so he needs to go be a HC somewhere else

I'm feeling like if what's on paper actually comes to fruition…our D is going to be a pleasant surprise. And I'll take it. LOVE me some good D!

15 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

It surely would make getting 12 wins much much more difficult. It is what would be considered an easy win on the schedule.

12, Where did that come from? Most here are talking 10-11.... Losing Week one never decides a season and never should. TB Bucs lost week 1 to NO in 2020, yet they ended up with 11 wins and won the SB. Imagine that! In 2018 NE lost to Detroit and Jacksonville starting the season 1-2, yet won the SB..... Losing at the beginning of the year does not mean they won't make the play-offs. Heck, it has nothing to do with it at all!

12 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Ham, The Eagles acquired a 2022 3rd and 7th plus a 2023 First, plus a 2024 2nd round pick for a 2021 1st and 6th. Yes they obtained future capital, but they only moved from 1st round to 3rd to obtain a future 1st and 2nd round picks! That is how you stay in contention every year. Clearly they upgraded every position except Safety, so I would call HR all in! What else can he do? You say Davis is a 2 down tackle. I am not so sure. He clearly is a beast and can be taught to rush the passer. Our rush defense stunk last year. His presence will change that. The addition of Dean and Bradbery will help improve our Pass Defense.  That third round pick we got helped obtain Brown.

Archived