Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

Teams that are ‘all in’ even trade future picks to go for it. You know? So we could have used the third first rounder and used a first or second from 2023 draft. If the FO was truly all in.

This is a separate thought:

I’m just saying that everybody is thinking we added another first next year to go for a QB. I’m saying what if it’s for Sean Payton?

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Teams that are ‘all in’ even trade future picks to go for it. You know? So we could have used the third first rounder and used a first or second from 2023 draft. If the FO was truly all in.

I’m just saying that everybody is thinking we added another first next year to go for a QB. I’m saying what if it’s for Sean Payton?

We added a first round pick to accumulate talent. If Hurts does not perform to management's requirement, than that first round pick will aid them in drafting a QB that will help the team. If Hurts does what is expected, then we have the picks to improve this team further or maybe get future first round pick while adding another 2nd or 3rd rounder in 2023. Either way it is a smart way to go.... Not sure a Coach was the thinking at any point.

1 hour ago, cunninghamtheman said:

If we get 11 wins WHY would we need him?? Should be obvious we are on the right track??? Sean was so good your boy beat him? Love Sean,don't get me wrong,but why fix what isn't broken? B

Why would we need a pick for Sean Payton????   

And why do we not look at the results of the trade?    We ended up with Dean, a 2023 1st and a 2024 2nd rounder.  

Is there a player worth that after pick 16?    

That trade you make EVERY YEAR.   What you don't do every year...is pay a 34 year old center 14 million... sign 31 year old Cox for 14 million.... sign Bradbery to one year $10 million and Barnett for one year ... those one year deals are not done EVERY year.  Those deals are done with THIS YEAR in mind.   They are all in for the QB this year.  Giving him EVERY chance to show he can lead a good team to a very winnable division title and home playoff game and being favored to win a playoff game.   

They need to see if he is going to be worth getting paid in his next deal...which they would prefer to do prior to him going into his last year of his rookie deal, so they can get the long term discount and avoid a disaster that happened in Dallas.  

3 hours ago, stine said:

We added a first round pick to accumulate talent. If Hurts does not perform to management's requirement, than that first round pick will aid them in drafting a QB that will help the team. If Hurts does what is expected, then we have the picks to improve this team further or maybe get future first round pick while adding another 2nd or 3rd rounder in 2023. Either way it is a smart way to go.... Not sure a Coach was the thinking at any point.

I’m not as sold on Siri. Think our situation looked so bad with the rumors coming out….Rosie wouldn’t even let our SB winning coach do his job and meddling. Plus the talent was low. No way any coach with options was coming in. Next year….we look much more attractive now.

1 hour ago, joemas6 said:

Why would we need a pick for Sean Payton????   

And why do we not look at the results of the trade?    We ended up with Dean, a 2023 1st and a 2024 2nd rounder.  

Is there a player worth that after pick 16?    

That trade you make EVERY YEAR.   What you don't do every year...is pay a 34 year old center 14 million... sign 31 year old Cox for 14 million.... sign Bradbery to one year $10 million and Barnett for one year ... those one year deals are not done EVERY year.  Those deals are done with THIS YEAR in mind.   They are all in for the QB this year.  Giving him EVERY chance to show he can lead a good team to a very winnable division title and home playoff game and being favored to win a playoff game.   

They need to see if he is going to be worth getting paid in his next deal...which they would prefer to do prior to him going into his last year of his rookie deal, so they can get the long term discount and avoid a disaster that happened in Dallas.  

Payton retired. Saints own his rights. He was going to Miami to coach Brady. That all blew up with the lawsuit.

We signed Barnett, Bradberry and Cox to see if Hurts should get paid is what you’re now spewing?

2 hours ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

If we get 11 wins WHY would we need him?? Should be obvious we are on the right track??? Sean was so good your boy beat him? Love Sean,don't get me wrong,but why fix what isn't broken? B

Siri needs to prove he can win the big games. Evaluate him like any of the players. How far do I see him taking us?

9 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I’m not as sold on Siri. Think our situation looked so bad with the rumors coming out….Rosie wouldn’t even let our SB winning coach do his job and meddling. Plus the talent was low. No way any coach with options was coming in. Next year….we look much more attractive now.

And so you would get rid of a coach that would make the playoffs 2 years in a row ...coming off the disaster that was 2020?    Makes no sense.  You are already planning failure for this team that you constantly bragged about their character and leadership last season?     

Similar to saying the DC isn't good but you fully expect him to be a head coach next year?

Why isn't just simple enough to where the GM makes a move because it's good for the team?  Everything has to be a complicated issue with you???  Like all the time??

8 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Payton retired. Saints own his rights. He was going to Miami to coach Brady. That all blew up with the lawsuit.

We signed Barnett, Bradberry and Cox to see if Hurts should get paid is what you’re now spewing?

We signed those guys for THIS year.   What are you brewing thinking it wasn't for THIS YEAR?

I didn’t say I’d get rid of Siri. But he’s getting evaluated like everybody else. Lose Gannon and that’s a part of the new situation. I think Rosie wasn’t necessarily sold on him as his top choice. The best of who’d come here. Good guy to develop some young guys going forward….if it didn’t work out.

Kelce was paid 14 million to help set up 2025???

If a dude who has to make 1 +1 always have a complicated answer instead of just being 2.    If we realize the " rolling cap" and how it works.   He would realize that when you sign players to big money one year deals, that the money counts vs the cap for that year, but it also prevents the team from carrying over the cap space to following years. 

This guy who wanted Ziggy Anzah over Lane Johnson and complimented San Francisco for clearing their cap space ...why he doesn't get this concept when it comes to his own team is just baffling to me.   

The one year deals of over $40 million for Kelce, Cox, Bradberry and Barnett... absolutely puts the Eagles in way worse situation for next year and beyond because they won't have that same $40 plus million of cap space to use now.    Those moves were All in for 2022.   

4 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I didn’t say I’d get rid of Siri. But he’s getting evaluated like everybody else. Lose Gannon and that’s a part of the new situation. I think Rosie wasn’t necessarily sold on him as his top choice. The best of who’d come here. Good guy to develop some young guys going forward….if it didn’t work out.

They obviously weren't sold on Doug either.   It is what it is.   I don't see them with the idea... let's win and get rid of the coach.   That's basically what you are saying is going to happen.  

The QB is going before the coach will if it isn't good enough for the front office.

2 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Kelce was paid 14 million to help set up 2025???

If a dude who has to make 1 +1 always have a complicated answer instead of just being 2.    If we realize the " rolling cap" and how it works.   He would realize that when you sign players to big money one year deals, that the money counts vs the cap for that year, but it also prevents the team from carrying over the cap space to following years. 

This guy who wanted Ziggy Anzah over Lane Johnson and complimented San Francisco for clearing their cap space ...why he doesn't get this concept when it comes to his own team is just baffling to me.   

The one year deals of over $40 million for Kelce, Cox, Bradberry and Barnett... absolutely puts the Eagles in way worse situation for next year and beyond because they won't have that same $40 plus million of cap space to use now.    Those moves were All in for 2022.   

Oh I get how he spends that money always

Btw... Sean Payton is going to coach in Dallas.   I think that's obvious. 

Just now, joemas6 said:

They obviously weren't sold on Doug either.   It is what it is.   I don't see them with the idea... let's win and get rid of the coach.   That's basically what you are saying is going to happen.  

The QB is going before the coach will if it isn't good enough for the front office.

I see it as they blew things with Pedey. They meddled with Pedey’s coaches and it backfired because they were wrong. So Pedeybasically quit. He did it in a way they had to fire him so he’d still get paid.

1 minute ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Oh I get how he spends that money always

So why don't you see these moves are all in 2022 moves.    Because you weren't happy getting Dean, a 2023 1st and a 2024 2nd.   Which player would be worth all that?   Asked the question 3 times.... you still don't give your " expert opinion " on it??? 

1 minute ago, joemas6 said:

Btw... Sean Payton is going to coach in Dallas.   I think that's obvious. 

I’d say that’s a decent possibility. Jerry Jones and him though….they going to be butting heads.

Just now, cunninghamtheman said:

I see it as they blew things with Pedey. They meddled with Pedey’s coaches and it backfired because they were wrong. So Pedeybasically quit. He did it in a way they had to fire him so he’d still get paid.

Because they weren't sold on Doug. If they were then they don't meddle.  Why isn't that obvious?

I’d say that’s a decent possibility. Jerry Jones and him though….they going to be butting heads.

He already coached there..  family in the area...that's the high profile job of a team that's been irrelevant for 3 decades.   Jerry will pay the record breaking contract.    Very easy to see it unfold .

1 minute ago, joemas6 said:

So why don't you see these moves are all in 2022 moves.    Because you weren't happy getting Dean, a 2023 1st and a 2024 2nd.   Which player would be worth all that?   Asked the question 3 times.... you still don't give your " expert opinion " on it??? 

Could have used the third first rounder this year. For a team that’s really ‘all in’ for this year they could have used a pick or two from 2023 also, right? Isn’t that what contending teams do plenty of…use future picks to get it done.

2 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Because they weren't sold on Doug. If they were then they don't meddle.  Why isn't that obvious?

Hahahaha. That’s funny crap. You think Lurie and Rosie didn’t think they deserved all the credit for winning it all. Rosie not meddle.,,,,,hahahaha….oh that was a good one.

After Chipper Rosie made sure he had the upper hand on the coach. 

I think it’s real obvious that Rosie made sure he hires guys that he can meddle with

1 minute ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Hahahaha. That’s funny crap. You think Lurie and Rosie didn’t think they deserved all the credit for winning it all. Rosie not meddle.,,,,,hahahaha….oh that was a good one.

?????   What?   What do you think I'm saying when I said they weren't sold on Doug. Obviously they think it was all them that won a SB.  If they thought it was Doug, he would still be here?

Is the oxygen not getting to the brain today?

Think Gannon actually has good leverage with Rosie.

For what?   Because he was a good DB coach?    Let him go,he hasn't done crap yet in this league.   

I don't get you saying ..." I'm not impressed with Gannon, and then saying " he will be a head coach next year"

It doesn't make sense to worry about  guy leaving that you don't think is any good?     

Archived