Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

Hurts needs to improve. I’ve stated this belief repeatedly. No grey area there. Team success is a whole different beast though. You are doing your best to tie one into the other.

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don’t think Siri is a top O mind. Where do you rank our HC as far as top offensive genius?

2 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Is winning it all the norm and baseline?

You want to launch them to the stratosphere so you can blame Hurts for anything less

Not really... I don't think one playoff win is the stratosphere though.   But the bar sure seems low for you though. 

Just now, cunninghamtheman said:

I don’t think Siri is a top O mind. Where do you rank our HC as far as top offensive genius?

Where do you rank Doug and Reich?  Do you need to be a genius to win one playoff game?

1 minute ago, joemas6 said:

Not really... I don't think one playoff win is the stratosphere though.   But the bar sure seems low for you though. 

Where do you rank Doug and Reich?  Do you need to be a genius to win one playoff game?

I think the combo of Pedey, Reich, DeFelipo, Taylor, Stout and Staley is a heck of a combo. Great bunch of coaches assembled there.

Hurts needs to improve. I’ve stated this belief repeatedly. No grey area there. Team success is a whole different beast though. You are doing your best to tie one into the other.

Yes because they are tied together.    Otherwise the individual improvements wouldn't really matter would they? 

3 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Plenty of things can happen to get lucky and win a playoff game. Clowney took out Wentz. Only way Seattle wins a playoff game that season. Expecting to win a playoff game is a whole different story.

I think the combo of Pedey, Reich, DeFelipo, Taylor, Stout and Staley is a heck of a combo. Great bunch of coaches assembled there.

Do I think our O coaching staff is lesser than that? Yes…yes I do.

1 minute ago, cunninghamtheman said:

That's great.... they only won 7 games the year before.... never could win 10 again.. maybe the roster matters 

The current group won 9 in year one.   Why shouldn't we expect more year 2 with a significantly better roster?

Do I think our O coaching staff is lesser than that? Yes…yes I do.

That's great...  yet they won 9 games and made the playoffs..legit wins.  With a first year starting QB.   So no reason we shouldn't expect to take the next step and win a playoff game at home vs a lower seed.

3 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Plenty of things can happen to get lucky and win a playoff game. Clowney took out Wentz. Only way Seattle wins a playoff game that season. Expecting to win a playoff game is a whole different story.

Well then if Hurts gets knocked out of the playoff game nobody can blame him right...he can't play bad if he doesn't play. 

So yes, we should expect a next step and playoff win with the moves made this year and the QB taking a significant step forward with one full year, a playoff appearance and offseason with the QB whisperer and Brady.    

2 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

That's great...  yet they won 9 games and made the playoffs..legit wins.  With a first year starting QB.   So no reason we shouldn't expect to take the next step and win a playoff game at home vs a lower seed.

That’s what I’m looking for. Want us to win the division. Get a home playoff game. Get a playoff victory. Said this at least seven times already.

That’s what I’m looking for. Want us to win the division. Get a home playoff game. Get a playoff victory. Said this at least seven times already.

Right... everyone wants that...but why can't you say you expect that as the minimum in being the natural progression ? 

What do you think Lurie and Howie expect.   If they don't get that minimum next step... what do you see them doing roster wise?  

Bowles outcoached Siri big time last year. Just no way around seeing that. Gannon didn’t impress me. Thought we had better personnel than he had them playing at. Letting QBs on a record pace of completion. That’s with Maddox playing well in the slot and Slay being All Pro. Coaches have to do much better.

1 minute ago, joemas6 said:

What do you think Lurie and Howie expect.   If they don't get that minimum next step... what do you see them doing roster wise?  

Owner and GM of the year

Spinning class... your instructor Ham... nationally certified spinning instructor.  With a speciality in deflecting.

I can see things going plenty of different ways. We could lose week one to the lowly Lions. That will be painful toward expectations. Very realistic possibility though. So if we start 0–1 then we have some normal bumps in the road changing defensive schemes….that alone could easily keep us from winning the division.

1 minute ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I can see things going plenty of different ways. We could lose week one to the lowly Lions. That will be painful toward expectations. Very realistic possibility though. So if we start 0–1 then we have some normal bumps in the road changing defensive schemes….that alone could easily keep us from winning the division.

Or the QB just isn't good enough?

Sorry if it frustrates you that I understand the NFL. It’s just not all on the QB. I have my questions with plenty of things going on. We moved up to draft a two down run stuffer. Not my plan. Seems like something we never do. Second round we take a C that had concerns with his feet. Many say he isn’t versatile and can only play C. So we drafted a backup. Keeping Harris? Didn’t see him play very well. Not the fastest guy ….who also lost a step clearly. Added tons of LB. In this Era of Nickle being the leagues base D…is adding a bunch of LB the best strategy?

5 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Or the QB just isn't good enough?

Possible. For what? To win the SB? I have my questions about that myself.

Just watched what I thought was a very superior team win it all with a QB that wasn’t all that. I’d rather have Hurts than Stafford. If we can put a good enough team together. If we need Hurts to be ARod then…..it isn’t going to work.

25 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Possible. For what? To win the SB? I have my questions about that myself.

Again..  I'll say the same thing.   Win ONE... Uno....  playoff game.  That is the next step after making the playoffs. 

Make the playoffs.....

Win a playoff game

Advance to conference title game

Win the conference 

Win the superbowl.

So yes... with the natural progression, especially with the undeniable offseason improvements.  And one full year of starting and getting that playoff experience.   Yes..  we should expect the next step...at minimum.   The question should be if they can make it further in the next 3 steps.  If they stay at the same level after all these moves... yes, the QB will get the blame.  

1 hour ago, cunninghamtheman said:

They have us at over/under 8.5 wins

Bet the over. Put your money where...you know the rest. I will bet the over

Been plenty of talk about trying to trade you to get a top QB in the draft or top vet. Where you been?

That's NEXT year....if Hurts can't cut it

I do think week one matters. 9,10 or 11 wins I think depends on winningweek one. I know we are a better team than Detroit but doesn't guarantee anything. I keep talking about how we are switching defense. That always comes with lumps. No matter how awesome you believe things look on paper in May.

So at 0-1 the season is over? my oh my lol

Is winning it all the norm and baseline?

You want to launch them to the stratosphere so you can blame Hurts for anything less

11 wins is what I expect. That is not the stratosphere,that is expected from Hurts or we need to move on from him. We gave him every tool in the toolbox

Archived