Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

2 hours ago, stine said:

Running QB's get injured. You think this cannot happen to Hurts? Hurts puts his body in more harm than Tua ever did. I am not comfortable with Hurts running as much as he does and think this will come back and bite this team in the butt....

Tua got thrown around in the backfield hitting his head. Hurts is very thick and solid. Much much more durable than fragile Tua. He’s not indestructible though. 

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, stine said:

The problem is not drafting Smith. The problem happened when we ignored Jefferson! Drafting JJ would have opened the door for Parsons. That one draft set us back a bunch IMO... Smith is a great WR and hard to tell if he will be better or worse that Brown at this point. It could go either way...

All the OSU WR's are "fine" If they fail,it's not due to ability nor lack of coaching at OSU it's due the the team that acquired them. You can believe me too when I say Olave will be a fine WR,just not with Winston. If he was in Green Bay or Kansas City he would be killing it

2 hours ago, joemas6 said:

Wow... you are absolutely the best... being able to predict your guy would be there 2 weeks before the draft and turning down, a pick swap from 19 to 18, a 3rd round pick, a 1st in 2023 and a 2nd in 2024...  turning down those 3 premium picks for one guy that you absolutely knew would be there...  that's some phenomenal talent for predicting.  

I agree with Hurts too..  I wouldn't trade his supporting cast for any other in the NFL.

I mentioned two options that feel to the end of the first. DE and S….DE Jermaine Johnson was also there. Johnson many thought we’d take at our pick. End of the first was loaded this year.

35 minutes ago, stine said:

OK, I had allot of time to think and I feel the Eagles will win this weekend by a score of 30-23. I think we get an early lead and have a 14 point lead at halftime. Jacksonville scores in the second half and we score twice more to make it comfortable. Jacksonville scores late when game has already been decided.... That is my take. just think we score in the 3rd as this has been a point all have been talking about for 2 weeks. Thinking the eagles staff have been looking at this also.

Maybe,I see it this way. We get another early lead and hammer lawrence into the ground and they never recover,but I still hope to see a score other than the 2nd 1/4 lol 34-20 Birds

2 hours ago, stine said:

The problem is not drafting Smith. The problem happened when we ignored Jefferson! Drafting JJ would have opened the door for Parsons. That one draft set us back a bunch IMO... Smith is a great WR and hard to tell if he will be better or worse that Brown at this point. It could go either way...

Could have pulled the trigger on DK Metcalf instead of JJAW the draft before. Or Hollywood Brown instead of Dillard pick. Where do we stop? 

7 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Tua got thrown around in the backfield hitting his head. Hurts is very thick and solid. Much much more durable than fragile Tua. He’s not indestructible though. 

SO when a QB gets hurt he is suddenly fragile? The fact the Fins rushed him back in is FRAGILE policy. He should have sat that game out and it WILL be investigated. That doesn't make him fragile,it makes the Fins STUPID

3 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Could have pulled the trigger on DK Metcalf instead of JJAW the draft before. Or Hollywood Brown instead of Dillard pick. Where do we stop? 

He is pointing that out because you wanted PASRONS and what he said is the proper WR draft the year before would have allowed us to ignore WR and go for Parsons the following draft. We don't have to go back farther he was addressing the draft/player YOU mentioned

11 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

We know he has a thick head? Was this measured?

5 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

You are Right! All were bad choices! I just pointed out the most obvious. That one pick made us need to grab another WR, when we could have gone after Parsons. That was what you thought would have helped us big time. Metcalf had off field issues that made most teams hesitate. JJAW was also a bad pick. I am not arguing that we did not draft well, only that the JJ pick would have allowed us to grab Parsons instead of Smith, assuming we were that low in the draft.....

BTW sorry Stine,I did not mean to speak for you,but I understand the point you are making/made about parsons

17 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

All hindsight. IDK of any team that nails every draft,every year.It's a crap shoot,always has been. Changes in the scouting dept and maybe Howie listening to them instead of being a bullheaded jerk/smartest guy in the room are paying off. If you want examples of terrible drafting see Cleveland. Also bad decisions made now with Watson. They pay out HUGE money for lackluster. Mayfield looks ok in Carolina. Although I am not a major fan he will do better as he gets used to his WR's. He is settling down in NC so perhaps there is too much pressure in Cleveland?

47 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

I am,nor have been a fan of running QB's(although I loved Tarkenton lol). I love passing QB's who can run if they HAVE to. I love guys like Josh in Buffalo,he would rather destroy you in the air, but if he has to take off he can sure do that. I see Hurts coming around more to that style and I hope it continues because we don't need an RG3 here

The obvious reference would be Randall Cunningham, Mike Vick and Donovan McNabb.

1 minute ago, cunninghamtheman said:

The obvious reference would be Randall Cunningham, Mike Vick and Donovan McNabb.

All "pass first" QB's that could run, not "run first" QB's who can pass. Hurts is growing into that and it's nice to see. A different QB than last years 1 read and run

39 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

SO you want to base our draft picks on what other teams get? You do the same thing with the Saints pick we" gave away" I want the best players for this team and IDG a rats butt what we "gave away" So we "gave away" Olave(also one of my picks for us) Did I get mad?? NO because Howie ADDRESSED the issue.it just wasn't with Olave,he addressed it with AJ. Need filled so I am fine with it. Is smith the real deal-you bet,so was Olave and so is AJ. I dont care what other teams do nor do I care what we "gave away" when actually we GAINED things in the transaction(which you still fail to see)

We traded up with Dallas to take Smitty handing them Parsons PLUS a pick. Parsons was the pick. We didn’t completely screw the pooch but…..Smitty just had an unbelievable game….Parsons is trying to be D player of the year. The fact we gave our rival an extra pick to take the better player throws salt in the wound.

21 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

SO when a QB gets hurt he is suddenly fragile? The fact the Fins rushed him back in is FRAGILE policy. He should have sat that game out and it WILL be investigated. That doesn't make him fragile,it makes the Fins STUPID

Tua got hurt every year of college….or does that not count?

Just now, cunninghamtheman said:

We traded up with Dallas to take Smitty handing them Parsons PLUS a pick. Parsons was the pick. We didn’t completely screw the pooch but…..Smitty just had an unbelievable game….Parsons is trying to be D player of the year. The fact we gave our rival an extra pick to take the better player throws salt in the wound.

And as Stine pointed out WHY did we need Smitty????

1 minute ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I have always heard that a running QB gets hurt more often and frankly believed it was true. It made sense after all. However, I just read an article that states QB's get injured in the Pocket as much if not more than QB's out of the pocket. So maybe I am off base here, but it still seems to be a hazard to allow your QB to run more often. I see Griffin as an example. But there are QB's like Vick, Cunningham, Young, McNabb, McNair, Tarkenton and Elway. All running QB's who played for at least 7 years at a high level.

23 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

He is pointing that out because you wanted PASRONS and what he said is the proper WR draft the year before would have allowed us to ignore WR and go for Parsons the following draft. We don't have to go back farther he was addressing the draft/player YOU mentioned

We know he has a thick head? Was this measured?

I just went one season before with the same point. JJAW was a head scratching pick. Didn’t hear anybody here wanting him on our team. The workout beast DK Metcalf was clearly on the radar though.

So I have a question for Ham,right now would you trade Hurts for Watson? No money involved just an even trade. Would you do it tomorrow? 

Just now, cunninghamtheman said:

I just went one season before with the same point. JJAW was a head scratching pick. Didn’t hear anybody here wanting him on our team. The workout beast DK Metcalf was clearly on the radar though.

YOU mentioned parsons and Stine addressed THAT ONLY. We can go back 2 decades about wrong picks which is a pointless effort in futility

5 minutes ago, stine said:

I have always heard that a running QB gets hurt more often and frankly believed it was true. It made sense after all. However, I just read an article that states QB's get injured in the Pocket as much if not more than QB's out of the pocket. So maybe I am off base here, but it still seems to be a hazard to allow your QB to run more often. I see Griffin as an example. But there are QB's like Vick, Cunningham, Young, McNabb, McNair, Tarkenton and Elway. All running QB's who played for at least 7 years at a high level.

IMO it's because they were pass first QB's who could run.....if necessary unlike RG3 who was more like last years Hurts and he didn't last long. Hurts now passing alot more,looking for outlets. I'm glad we can have some QB CALLED runs,that is different than running off on a broken play where I feel the injuries happen because there is no "in sync" blocking on those

I forgot the formula,I posted it once about the difference between RPO, play action and option plays. The last 2 are more PRO offenses whereas the RPO is more college oriented and ties up your O linemen and why you see flags for "illegal linemen downfield"

As far as Olave, this is the week. Thomas ruled out. So he will get to show his stuff but imagine he will also be DT'd so a good test for him

BTW Stine you gotta be happy for GB,got a nice little WR in Doubs. I'm starting him in fantasy this week

12 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

IMO it's because they were pass first QB's who could run.....if necessary unlike RG3 who was more like last years Hurts and he didn't last long. Hurts now passing alot more,looking for outlets. I'm glad we can have some QB CALLED runs,that is different than running off on a broken play where I feel the injuries happen because there is no "in sync" blocking on those

Well, Allen may be a Pass first QB, but he runs allot more than any QB in the League, except maybe Jackson. Hurts would be third in my book.... Just saying

2 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

BTW Stine you gotta be happy for GB,got a nice little WR in Doubs. I'm starting him in fantasy this week

My Wife is happy. So happy wife, happy life!

9 minutes ago, stine said:

Well, Allen may be a Pass first QB, but he runs allot more than any QB in the League, except maybe Jackson. Hurts would be third in my book.... Just saying

My Wife is happy. So happy wife, happy life!

Aren't alot of those option plays CALLED for Allen? He clearly looks to pass first in my view. The great trait he has is his respected arm strength that pulls defenses,so when evreyone heads deep there is plenty of room to take off. He only needs to beat a LB

Calling for TS power outages here in NC,wind already hitting the coastal towns. Not as bad as SC but we will still feel it. Lee county FL reporting 21 confirmed deaths(and a long way to go) :(

Archived