Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

It's unfair to put MVP expectations on a guy with " collectively" the best weapons and what most people ( even in Bangladesh) think is the best OL???? 

I think it's plenty fair.  Came into this year with more experience than the last MVP candidate we had...bar should never be lowered.

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

I wonder if this guy is qualified?

FB_IMG_1664468965382.jpg

More qualified  than Aboo from Bangladesh

Or you

Or me.

33 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

It's unfair to put MVP expectations on a guy with " collectively" the best weapons and what most people ( even in Bangladesh) think is the best OL???? 

I think it's plenty fair.  Came into this year with more experience than the last MVP candidate we had...bar should never be lowered.

Would also be unwise to negotiate a new contract when peeps are yelling MVP when we haven't been tested.

2 hours ago, mjkline1958 said:

Would also be unwise to negotiate a new contract when peeps are yelling MVP when we haven't been tested.

Can't do a contract until after the season is over.  Per CBA.  They can formulate any ideas ... but nothing can be done yet.   That's why I am all for 17 games plus playoffs to see the whole picture.   Everyone in a rush to decide isn't the reality.  Not 3 games, before or after a bye, 10 games... etc... it's after the entire season plays out.

3 hours ago, Asg 15 said:

More qualified  than Aboo from Bangladesh

Or you

Or me.

I heard his name was Bob.

6 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Can't do a contract until after the season is over.  Per CBA.  They can formulate any ideas ... but nothing can be done yet.   That's why I am all for 17 games plus playoffs to see the whole picture.   Everyone in a rush to decide isn't the reality.  Not 3 games, before or after a bye, 10 games... etc... it's after the entire season plays out.

I did not write that article 🙄

3 hours ago, joemas6 said:

Best coaches, owner, GM, water boy, parking spot….anything but admitting you’ve been very wrong. Own up and give the man his do. You bashed him when his team sucked like it was his fault. Now it’s all everybody else succeeding. Give him a decent team and he looks like the MVP. Just man up. Stop hating on our QB. Embrace and root for your team. All positive ti succeed. Just absolute crazy BS talk to see how we are doing and not think our leader is a massive part of why. Guys intangibles are contagious. I think he’s easy to root for. Not the biggest arm ever. Not the tallest. Not the smartest. But a scappy multitalented good guy to root for. He’s super talented just not just in a old fashioned way you can only think of winning the twentieth SB. New time. He brings an incredible combination I dare say we never seen. Imagine if Mike Vick worked as hard as him. Been the best QB ever. He was elite being slack. But Hurts will go further by sure will power. He works all summer so hard to refuse to lose come January.

I’m silly like that, but I expect my playmakers to make plays. QB shouldn’t have to do everything. But I don’t know what anybody has left to complain about. Division rival shut down the run. Hurts killed them in the air. Seemed like all I’ve heard was he’d have to win throwing. He answered the bell. Threw all over them.

But it was all the best Oline, coaching WR, RB and long snapping…they’ve thrived despite Hurts, right? Is that what you saying? Speak up. 

4 hours ago, joemas6 said:

He took the job from that MVP candidate. He earned all that just to become a starter in the first place. And he’s getting better…

32 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Mostly decided when he took the job from your boy Wentz.

Gotta start thinking aggressive trading like I’ve been suggesting in the offseason. Got some future draft picks I’d be sizing up what that could get us. Traded away a first. But we still could use that pick to get a vet player this year. Maybe go all in for this season….see what we can do…instead of winning the draft wars having future picks. Really keep thinking how much that stud pass rusher or S in this past draft could have got us there. Definitely going to look back and judge. 

But imagining a terrible team let’s us have a stud at the deadline.Hoping to get real lucky. It realistic could happen.

43 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

But imagining a terrible team let’s us have a stud at the deadline.Hoping to get real lucky. It realistic could happen.

But I mean for what price?

11 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

But I mean for what price?

We traded away our first round pick. But all depends on the player. But not only could we invest the pick we gave away….we could trade future picks to go all in. Isn’t that what all the great teams do when contending? They’ll easily give up a future pick or two.

1 hour ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Traded away a first

Nope, just postponed it a year and got extra picks to boot

4 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Nope, just postponed it a year and got extra picks to boot

Having future draft capital has always aided every team win it all the year before they pick.  Just keep postponing. Are you still rooting for us to lose to gain higher draft capital this year also?

The majority here feels very opposite minded than I’d expect. Love backloading contract and eating dead money. Don’t want to use any future draft picks to help now.

Some noticing how high Jordan Davis plays. Coach got to get on that kid. Embarrassing to be that huge and get bullied. No idea how he got this far doing that. But I guess they subbed him out in college on big downs.

8 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Having future draft capital has always aided every team win it all the year before they pick.  Just keep postponing. Are you still rooting for us to lose to gain higher draft capital this year also?

No, when did I say that?Once again putting words in my mouth,you need to stop insinuating lies. If we rocked out last year and got to the 2nd post season game where would we have picked? My guess is nowhere near getting Davis

1 minute ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

No, when did I say that.Once again putting words in my mouth,you need to stop insinuating lies

Checking where you are at. Seems like you prefer having draft picks over playoff victories.

3 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Checking where you are at. Seems like you prefer having draft picks over playoff victories.

Nope changes from year to year as it should

The Jags have Caldwell coaching D. He was an assistant for the Bucs last year. So can we adapt and beat that D? He’s going to push all those same buttons they did last season. Very interested in how we answer this test. Bit nervous also.

No more free football-Amazon can KMA

3 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

The Jags have Caldwell coaching D. He was an assistant for the Bucs last year. So can we adapt and beat that D? He’s going to push all those same buttons they did last season. Very interested in how we answer this test. Bit nervous also.

Oh yes we need to worry about assistant coaches now-excellent 🤣.I think the Gatorade girl also was on the Jags sideline last year 🤣 Good for at least 10 points there

Archived