Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

7 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Mostly decided when he took the job from your boy Wentz.

Listen bro, Hurts has made a lot of improvement. But to put him in the MVP conversation, or any QB (any player basically) for that matter, 3 games into the season is absurd. There's a whole lot that can change as the season drags on. And we all know the variables. 

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
59 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

OH wow he's elite and the MVP after 3 games,this is AMAZING stuff!!!! We beat the 3 best teams in the league, we also played and beat the 15 best teams last year too.Just give us the Lombardi, Hurts the MVP trophy now and we can go home. IDK that anyone is right or wrong it's TOO SOON to know. Maybe you will be right but some of us set the bar high when you set it low and Hurts is raising his game.Nice to see that. That's ALL we wanted to see, has ZERO to do with "calling it". Doesn't mean we were WRONG,it means we set the bar high and wanted Hurts to reach it-pfffffffft

Just not how I see it at all. You called him one read and run….not even a starting QB level. Running college offense because he sucks. Been much more than three games I’ve observed, wasn’t born this season. He was clearly a legit starting QB last season. His best feature is probably how much better he makes everyone around him. But he’s producing tangible results also. Vegas has him as the favorite or second favorite for the MVP right now. Fan boys of all kind talk all their crap(especially the cowboys guys). How can you actually really be questioning whether the favorite for the MVP is worthy of being our franchise guy? I know it’s early in this season. The guy is super consistently going up getting better. Work ethic is insatiable. Guy lives in Novacare. What’s possibly left to question? Nobody will balk on any character issues stroking that check. I did say he’d have to almost make a run at MVP to guarantee the big payday. Whelp that happened. He’s our leader for the next decade. Love rooting for this kid. Yeah he’s only 24 but more mature than I was at 30…heck probably even my current age.

2 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I feel like it’s time for all the doubters here to own up. I was alone in my belief of our leader. Stood strong and took all the crap. Anybody man enough to own embracing our elite QB? Give much respect to those that can step up and admit they are wrong. Still feels like a couple trying to battle against him by reaching at vague nonexistent straws. 

Here again…too early. I'm on the Hurts' train, but I don't know where it's taking me. 

4 minutes ago, EaglesTD123 said:

Listen bro, Hurts has made a lot of improvement. But to put him in the MVP conversation, or any QB (any player basically) for that matter, 3 games into the season is absurd. There's a whole lot that can change as the season drags on. And we all know the variables. 

MVP is a whole campaign. I don’t like to get all cowboys fan saying we are unstoppable week three. But this franchise does need to start promoting him and greasing all those wheels. Beating Mahomes, Brady, Allen and ARod…..he’s a huge underdog and dark horse. Gotta get those nonphilly fans paying attention now. Going to take a lot to beat out the mega names. We need a #HurtsMVP showing thousands of supporters. It’s a media game some what. He hasn’t built his brand up like the likely contenders.

1 hour ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

IDK seems to me all teams get as much as they can hire someone if they want certain info,it happens league wide and I doubt we are the only team that doesn't do it. So for me I want my players to execute,even if they know the coming play they still have to stop it. Can they? That is more important to me that any intel. I can call a 34 dive every play and tell the other team I'm running it,but if they can't stop me who cares about intel? I'm not spending hours on end finding out who my players used to know because they have intel on mine fro 3 years ago. I just think it's a ridiculous thing to worry about when there are already 5300 other things to worry about from week to week. If the opponent sucks I'll hand him my play card and let them try to stop me. I'm sorry but an assistant coaches intel is the last thing I would think about

Totally disagree. Intel is massive. If Pederson knows you can low bull rush Lane as his biggest weakness. That’s a weapon. Their D coach knows a way to stop Smitty….give Hurts troubles. That’s huge. I picture these players trying real hard to disguise tells and weaknesses. Think their coach would be very involved. What if Pedey noticed Hurts does a slight tick towards something to give away a certain play. Like he’s going to that side. Or RPO or playaction. These little details are so big at this level. Think Bellicheat pays attention to all that. Real good at it. Add that to his blatant cheating and Bellicheat is a great coach with the best player all time. What if Pedey knows the way to jam Goedert at the line he struggles with? It’s a huge issue in my mind. Not just can we lose this game. Does our old coach expose our players to the whole league? If you are a coach what film you watching? Would think the guys former coach plan of attack would be high on the list.

14 minutes ago, EaglesTD123 said:

Here again…too early. I'm on the Hurts' train, but I don't know where it's taking me. 

What’s your main doubt or question about Hurts to hold him back

1 hour ago, cunninghamtheman said:

TD rarely comes on. Your a cool cat. Never know what he’s going to pop on about but we stir him up occasionally. Been on here forever also. Makes me wonder over the years how many read but don’t post. Think I did for half a year. It can be intimidating. If you actually brought anything of value to the table it would be refreshing TD(obviously kidding). But thank you for enriching my life.

Thank you brother! I really appreciate that. Simply put, I won't jump into anything if not qualified lol. Worst case scenario is that I can research things and take it step by step.

I read everything on here. I enjoy and value your opinions on here. I also respect your team spirit. Even if you go too far sometimes (I'm also guilty of this), there's nothing wrong with that. Keep cheering! 

FLY EAGLES FLY!

Does feel like optimism is banned here. I just don’t have much of a choice. I’m all in rooting for my Eagles. Try to deal with reality….but clearly on the upside of our players potential. This team has me excited. Fun bunch that play it the right way. Does feel like we are the opposite of the all prison team in Dallas. I mostly care about on the field football. But really makes it easy to get behind good guys. Many are very likable to. These are my dogs….riding and dying with this crew.

To me we are so deep into the Hurts era it feels like rooting against him or doubting him is not rooting for the Eagles. That is one thing that position I will grant really elevates. Wasn’t a fan of Barnett really ever. No idea why we’ve thrown butt loads of money at him the last couple years. But we rotate DEs and it just not as crucial. One thing we seem to do is come together on hating a player. Reagor was toast. You can’t slide here. It gets brutal….seems like we all unite on it also.

5 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

What’s your main doubt or question about Hurts to hold him back

Just haven't seen enough yet.

I would like to see him pass the ball effectively while running to his left as long as a defensive player doesn't have inside leverage when he makes that decision to throw.

Consider how the Eagles' D has played the past 2 games. I would like to see how Hurts can handle that experience.  

4 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

To me we are so deep into the Hurts era it feels like rooting against him or doubting him is not rooting for the Eagles. That is one thing that position I will grant really elevates. Wasn’t a fan of Barnett really ever. No idea why we’ve thrown butt loads of money at him the last couple years. But we rotate DEs and it just not as crucial. One thing we seem to do is come together on hating a player. Reagor was toast. You can’t slide here. It gets brutal….seems like we all unite on it also.

I don't root against Hurts or any Eagles' player; nor do I doubt Hurts. 

Right there with you on Barnett. And I was super high on him when drafted. 

This game against the Jags is big. Got the D coach that was part of the best D to shut us down. Got our old HC that is familiar with several of our key guys. This game could F us. What they expose could cripple us. I expect some difficulties. Can our guys overcome being exposed and ….they just have to improve their weakness so it’s not so glaring and having to be overplayed so hard. Our whole offense Pedey knows all about all of them. Lane, Kelce and Mailata…..those are key guys No Mas touts as All World! Would definitely hurt if Pedey can get his guys making plays against them. I can handle a loss. But any key guys getting exposed to the whole league is worse. And yes….I worry for Hurts also. Stuff can change just like that in this league once the book is out on you. Fear our team getting all the hype right now as the best in the land might get knocked down a peg by Pedey.

But if we roll on them….oh man it’s on!

6 minutes ago, EaglesTD123 said:

I don't root against Hurts or any Eagles' player; nor do I doubt Hurts. 

Right there with you on Barnett. And I was super high on him when drafted. 

Guy is 24. He’s balling. But I don’t expect him to be that perfect. I noticed what House did with his throwing motion. He’s taking his arm over the top higher now. Gotta say it appears it is working. Only three games…but this is showing a mechanical overhaul. He has more experience now and been in the system two years. Better receiving targets(young guys maturing at least). But I really think I noticed his arm angle change. I believe that’s what is the biggest factor in his throwing accuracy. Crazy to change something like that as a QB after all these years being in the most scrutinized season if his career. Not just that….it fully embraced it. Took the coaching. Worked his butt off learning it. Stayed dedicated and didn’t revert and question. That’s why I’ve been confident in him with very little question right there. He’s the hardest working super talented guy that’s super coachable. I’m starting to wonder if I even was wrong and undercut his ceiling and potential. It’s a big deal. 

Trying to recommend listening to his postgame speech also. He preaches focus on getting better but then celebrates the win. He’s very focused on these being stepping stones to the bigger goals. Think that carries across the whole team. They might actually go into the postseason not just believing they can win….but expecting it. 

14 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

This game against the Jags is big. Got the D coach that was part of the best D to shut us down. Got our old HC that is familiar with several of our key guys. This game could F us. What they expose could cripple us. I expect some difficulties. Can our guys overcome being exposed and ….they just have to improve their weakness so it’s not so glaring and having to be overplayed so hard. Our whole offense Pedey knows all about all of them. Lane, Kelce and Mailata…..those are key guys No Mas touts as All World! Would definitely hurt if Pedey can get his guys making plays against them. I can handle a loss. But any key guys getting exposed to the whole league is worse. And yes….I worry for Hurts also. Stuff can change just like that in this league once the book is out on you. Fear our team getting all the hype right now as the best in the land might get knocked down a peg by Pedey.

Everything you stated here is a possibility. Just remember that a really good player has a very low differential on negative tendencies. That is why they are so good and have consistency to their high level of play. 

I'll go into this game the same as I do for any Eagles' game…wait and see. Any Given Sunday. 

19 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Would definitely be another big momentum booster. 

I like the HC matchup here. I really liked the Pedey hire. Think I was alone. Been skeptical of Siri hire. Which guy is the better coach? I’d say Pedey….but clearly going to look back and compare. I feel Siri has Steichen running the O and Gannon running the D. So don’t feel Siris footprint so much. If he left how much would anything change? He’s completely dedicated to his players. But not seeing his X and O genius. Not trying to be disrespectful….obviously has forgotten more than I’ve ever known. See his value as the buffer between the FO. Think with Rosie and Lurie that’s bunch of crap to deal with. I picture Rosie in the mirror patting himself on the back to accept his GM of the year award. Believe Rosie is thinking that if he can just force Siri to obey his analytics on the field we going to win. Not sure where Rosie thinks his limits exist here. I was calling for Rosie’s head in 2019 on. He finally got lucky again. I’ll give him that…when he’s on …he’s on. Only happened like twice now in his decades of service. Feel Hurts kind of saved his butt here. All the WR options disappeared. Hurts convincing his buddy to come over and it being what I considered cheap was massive. What was it a first and a third? AJ is that good that I see it as a great cheap deal. Think Rosie got rewarded for making the Hurts pick big time right there.

Question: Was DeVonta Smith the right pick? Figured it was perfect timing to ask this question being he’s coming off a monster game. I really like him. But just have to say NO! We gave a pick to Dallas to give them Parsons instead. Still fairly early to grade. But Parsons just been that sensational. His versatility and pass rush domination as an Eagles fan feels like the more important role also. At least we got a stud. So wasn’t terrible. Parsons I think fell because of character red flag stuff. At LB some could see that as actually a plus(different grading scale than QB for sure). Guess I’m not below rooting for him to do a typical cowboy thing and get arrested. Does it make me a bad person?

I had Hurts ranked as in the top fifteen last year. So his improvement makes me comfortable calling him elite. But he’s different. Not doing everything like the traditional old heads believe it has to be done. Breaking the mold…and defenses are up late pondering the options. Hurts run, tailback run or pass. Like every play. Creates a ton of doubt, conflict and possible indecision.

8 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

We traded away our first round pick. But all depends on the player. But not only could we invest the pick we gave away….we could trade future picks to go all in. Isn’t that what all the great teams do when contending? They’ll easily give up a future pick or two.

What do we need to trade for?  Right now we are the best team in the league.. with the MVP at QB, best weapons,  best OL,best secondary,  LBs are top notch,  and a DL that's been putting pressure with 4 guys.   What do we need to trade for?   

We could have drafted a DB as backup with that 3rd first rounder I guess?   Nobody who was going to start or play significantly THIS YEAR.   

Let's face it... Epps was everyone's concern, dude is absolutely solid.  No rookie was going to start over him.  If the Saints pick ends up really high,  complaining about it looks pretty silly. 

What QB would you trade Hurts for straight up ? Think the list is shrinking. But I’ll volunteer Allen, Herbert, Burrow and Mahomes. ARod and Brady are ancient…you clearly go Hurts. I mean wow….clearly take Hurts over ARod and Brady. Feels good to say. Stafford feels about done and worn out. I think Hurts better anyway. But age kills any arguments. Russel Wilson? Depends how long you think he has left and at what level. Think this one we can now debate heavily. To me that’s just fantastic. I think I could easily argue taking Hurts over Wilson. Wilson had the proven past. Hurts has the much brighter future. Am I forgetting anybody? Lamar The previous MVP earned his spot if you say he’s better. That just leaves Watson. Watson is a beast. Can’t deny that. Doesn’t have the intangibles as much. But he’s got a bigger arm and faster. Huge character divide. Watson like minus five while Hurts seemingly nearing 100. So if you did a whole league open draft….feels like Hurts could go five maybe even. Maybe I’m buying into the early hype success too much. But elite is feeling fairly easy to associate this cat in every phase. Had him top fifteen last year. My goal was top ten this. Think so many here can’t believe they can’t come up with much of an argument to say he doesn’t belong in there. 

4 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

What QB would you trade Hurts for straight up ? Think the list is shrinking. But I’ll volunteer Allen, Herbert, Burrow and Mahomes. ARod and Brady are ancient…you clearly go Hurts. I mean wow….clearly take Hurts over ARod and Brady. Feels good to say. Stafford feels about done and worn out. I think Hurts better anyway. But age kills any arguments. Russel Wilson? Depends how long you think he has left and at what level. Think this one we can now debate heavily. To me that’s just fantastic. I think I could easily argue taking Hurts over Wilson. Wilson had the proven past. Hurts has the much brighter future. Am I forgetting anybody? Lamar The previous MVP earned his spot if you say he’s better. That just leaves Watson. Watson is a beast. Can’t deny that. Doesn’t have the intangibles as much. But he’s got a bigger arm and faster. Huge character divide. Watson like minus five while Hurts seemingly nearing 100. So if you did a whole league open draft….feels like Hurts could go five maybe even. Maybe I’m buying into the early hype success too much. But elite is feeling fairly easy to associate this cat in every phase. Had him top fifteen last year. My goal was top ten this. Think so many here can’t believe they can’t come up with much of an argument to say he doesn’t belong in there. 

I mean right now you're probably right but we are only 3 weeks in. But yeah I mean I wouldn't trade Hurts for Wilson, Rodgers or Brady right now. I'd definitely take Allen, Mahomes and Herbert. I guess you'd take Burrows after last year but this year he's not been so special. I wouldn't take Lamar because at this point we know he's a very good regular season QB but what about the play offs? I wouldn't take Watson as that's a huge gamble given he's not played football in nearly 2 years. So yeah I mean he's probably just about top 5 right now. 

10 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

What do we need to trade for?  Right now we are the best team in the league.. with the MVP at QB, best weapons,  best OL,best secondary,  LBs are top notch,  and a DL that's been putting pressure with 4 guys.   What do we need to trade for?   

We could have drafted a DB as backup with that 3rd first rounder I guess?   Nobody who was going to start or play significantly THIS YEAR.   

Let's face it... Epps was everyone's concern, dude is absolutely solid.  No rookie was going to start over him.  If the Saints pick ends up really high,  complaining about it looks pretty silly. 

I was actually very high on Epps. He earned his job the hard way with two different coaches. My top two guys were pass rusher and S. The super speedster S still feels like the answer. I had Karlaftis as an option for our first pick. You are loving our team so much. But we shorted ourselves an elite rookie still. So try to open up your imagination to : better. Barnett goes down and we upgrade with Karlaftis would have been great. Are we better we either rookie than without? Feels like your question. Clearly better with the stud on D added. At worst we are rotating in these Uber talented studs. I can absolutely imagine that.     
  But this game is brutal. Whoever gets injured we need a top replacement. So that’s where I’m focused now. Who that happens to and who becomes available at the right price is anybody guess. Last piece of personnel luck we need to happen I’m thinking. Or if Goedert goes down can we convince Gronk out of retirement? Just imagine adding Gronk anyway. Be sick!

1 minute ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I mean right now you're probably right but we are only 3 weeks in. But yeah I mean I wouldn't trade Hurts for Wilson, Rodgers or Brady right now. I'd definitely take Allen, Mahomes and Herbert. I guess you'd take Burrows after last year but this year he's not been so special. I wouldn't take Lamar because at this point we know he's a very good regular season QB but what about the play offs? I wouldn't take Watson as that's a huge gamble given he's not played football in nearly 2 years. So yeah I mean he's probably just about top 5 right now. 

Sorry I left you out of my thanks. It’s because I had nothing nice to say about you….nah. Much respects and props to your contribution. Feel I agree with you more often than not. But even grant you make a reasonable case even if I see sone things differently. Thanks for being you…it matters!

Funny part is how much this team effects my moods. Feeling so good right now. What’s the likelihood of me thanking everybody if we were 0-3?

Winston has four back fractures. Can’t be good for the Saints. I feel a tiny bit bad that news made me happy they could collapse.

Archived