Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

24 minutes ago, stine said:

Jacksonville plays hard for Pederson. They do not have the player we do, but that does not always mean they lose. I expect a hard fought game and it will not be as easy as most think. Look for a close scoring game. If we don't fix our 2nd half issues, we may lose this one.....

Did your relatives come through the storm ok?

Mine all made it but the brother in law has quite a bit of damage.

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/27/2022 at 6:12 PM, cunninghamtheman said:

Think he becomes eligible for an extension after the season….so just calm down about throwing all the money you can at Hurts.

LMAO he's on a rook contract,you can't extend those,you need a whole new deal which can be done anytime,so you can sign him now for say 35 mil a year or wait until we hit post season and pay him 42-45 mil a year,which is the smarter move? Sometimes I worry about you

On 9/28/2022 at 8:39 AM, mjkline1958 said:

Know we're favored by 6.5 this game, but I think this is going to be our toughest test yet. Lawrence looks good, mobile and can make all the throws. Good WR's, RB's and they have LB's out the wazzoo. We're going to have to score consistently, quit wasting possessions!

Nah we only need to play 15 🙄

On 9/28/2022 at 9:23 AM, mjkline1958 said:

Our D still better than theirs. As long as we hit them with a nice balance of run and pass they won't be able to keep up. I hope however,they DO force us to actually play 60 and as much as Joe makes fun of me it's something I would like to see happen

On 9/28/2022 at 8:52 AM, stine said:

The one line that stands out like a sore thumb- "The Offensive Line ranker resides in Bangladesh." OK so he is a Expert? LMAO!!! Yep we need to take these rankings as gospel!

With modern tech everyone gets the same film,you could live on Mars,so IDK that location means much

20 hours ago, mjkline1958 said:

GB - glad you're not in SW Florida, you'd stay again.

Lee country reporting "fatalities in the hundreds". My house was a fortress(Irma went right over it). My heart will always be there and other than an underground bunker my house was safer than any shelter

11 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

LMAO he's on a rook contract,you can't extend those,you need a whole new deal which can be done anytime,so you can sign him now for say 35 mil a year or wait until we hit post season and pay him 42-45 mil a year,which is the smarter move? Sometimes I worry about you

Anybody else agree with Fl assessment here

20 hours ago, mjkline1958 said:

Some things just make me go huh? Like why didn't people fly their planes elsewhere a week ago?

To where? you dont know where it's going to hit a week out. Same with boats. I lost mine when Gabriel hit.It was heading for Texas when it made an abrupt 90 degree turn and hit us. There was no indication it would do that

17 hours ago, Asg 15 said:

My inlaws live in Punta Gorda and Port Charlotte

They are in trouble then. Lee/Charlotte got hammered

2 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

We’ve committed more of our cap to D than anybody. I believe money matters in pro sports. The D should be leading the way. Almost whole league massively paying on the O side of the ball. So why with our dead money and more than anybody commitment on D financially would the O have such expectations?  Look around the league. Everybody committed more money on O than us

Uh because our D was overlooked for 5 years and we had no other choice but to FINALLY invest in it? No need to spend alot on O because we have been drafting mostly O for those same 5 years?

8 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Anybody else agree with Fl assessment here

You can't disagree unless you have no common sense, we could even wait until next year...when Hurts gets all the leverage

1 hour ago, stine said:

Jacksonville plays hard for Pederson. They do not have the player we do, but that does not always mean they lose. I expect a hard fought game and it will not be as easy as most think. Look for a close scoring game. If we don't fix our 2nd half issues, we may lose this one.....

Agreed

So for me anyway,I need to see 3 more games,then if all looks as good as it has,I will spend my bye week hammering out a Hurts contract since there is time for discussion and give/take to reach an agreement without undue pressure or time constraints. A few more minor things I need to see yet.One is "play 60" which we should see this game. I actually hope we get behind because I want to see how Hurts handles it. Would just do my heart good before spending big bucks and doing it on the bye week would save us money in the long run. I am happy(more than happy) with the WR room,even if we lost 2 WR's(see Alshon and Djax) we still have the WR's to do well. In any event I need to see 3 more games.I'm sure others have different criteria,but that is mine

Next 3 should show us(me) what I need to see. AZ in Glendale is not a gimme either and of course a bad beating put on Dullaz would be a nice "ok we're all in" for Hurts lol

50 minutes ago, Asg 15 said:

Did your relatives come through the storm ok?

Mine all made it but the brother in law has quite a bit of damage.

Still trying to find out. Venice was just north of the Eye so I am sure they got a bunch of rain and damage....

ASD glad to hear they are ok. They will be without power awhile,but at least they are safe

1 minute ago, stine said:

Still trying to find out. Venice was just north of the Eye so I am sure they got a bunch of rain and damage....

Besides elect out they are now losing cell towers,so it may be some time before you can find out

I have 3 BR's here I don;t use so anyone from FL that needs a place to stay for a while is welcome to. About an 11 hour drive from Fort Myers,9 from Tampa

3 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

It’s a tool. But not perfect or shouldn’t be the only tool. I respect they look at so much we pay no attention to. 

They had Davis ranked ahead of Cox last week and he only played 31% of the snaps. Cox played lights out.

Archived