Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

2 hours ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

well, always easy to run when noone is aware you are. I would prefer a pop screen on those plays to keep my QB from taking hits. usually there is RB in the backfield when they take off to help block. Scott is out? O

Yes Hurts is human like all the others. All that "lethal" you speak of just went down the drain. How "lethal" is Tua right now/

We can do all the above. That’s the beauty. That whole other threat is really killing DCs. They didn’t design defense for all that. An extra huge stress any defense has to face. Major advantage. But if you worry about Hurts injury percentages. I could see a very valid point to us saving him for the long haul more by getting hit less. But I actually feel the pocket is the most dangerous place. That’s where you get rolled up on and crushed by the huge guys. You get outside and can slide or get out of bounds. But dealing with guys his size….not DT. Hurts is really thick and stocky. LBs today are smaller. He sizes up fairly even with most. They might have him by and inch or two height but he has that super powerful lower body. He’s no bean pole.

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

So of those how many have kept him out of playing for any given season? What is your definition of "durable"? A guy that never gets hit? Ho0w do you know he is durable if he never gets hit? lol

Who Tua or Hurts? Tua was missing games all over. Hurts came in and won the SEC championship game. I don’t remember Hurts with any significant injuries in college. His ankle at the end last season was all I really know. But it was clearly a really bad ankle injury. Guy is a warrior though the way he still went to battle for us. But 17 games ….tough to say how any QB gets through it all. I think I look at it with optimism of not missing too many games and being able to suit up when it counts. So I’m fine with Shew starting for week 12 13 14 or something. Don’t have all the answers there. Just don’t believe in playing scared. Being smart and avoiding hits at expense of the short term moment in the greater good of the long haul is the measurement. Don’t see us doing anything postseason without Hurts. So whatever we gotta do for that. 

1 hour ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

LMAO yeah pick on a hurt kid expecting him to be Arod 2.0,he will be back in some capacity sometime. You enjoy picking on hurt kids? Shameful and BTW WTF does Strong have to do with anything except you taking yet another childish cheap shot at me?(Is this your new style?)

It’s just that you keep underestimating Hurts because he isn’t the traditional pro type QB. He’s not tall enough. He’s black. He runs the ball like nobody else. He doesn’t have the strongest arm you’ve ever seen. Just feels like the big complaint is that you don’t like him because you’d love the strongest arm around. Like Wentz, Bradford or Strong. So just feels like our QB situation has exactly played out to show you so many more things involved in the QB1 job than arm strength. Feel like I just keep going over and over the massive numbers of other traits that Hurts is top notch in. These other guys are failing with huge arms because they don’t have all the other traits. So my hopes are Hurts shows exactly my point I’m making by proving everybody on here wrong and winning some big games. So yeah….feels like I’ve been saying this over and over battling against everybody tunnel visioned on arm strength. To me it is very vindicating. Playing out so obviously that I shouldn’t have to say a word. All that I was trying to explain to you…that you(not just you) were missing and not appreciating.

I’ll even throw No Mas in even though he’s not currently in this conversation. Probably doesn’t deserve it…but when dies that ever stop me. Cook believes his crap. Because he makes good points backed up by stats and an angle and agenda he’s pushing. But he can’t see what Hurts brings. Just says he needs the strong. Just wanted deer in the headlights Wentz. Wanted Chipper. So I don’t know what Cook is reading here. Respectfully Cook. I wanted a Pedey instead of Chipper. I was the lone guy seeing what happened to Wentz. He wasn’t 2017 Wentz ever again. Realized just how all these outstanding qualities of Hurts was bringing to the table and how it works. Seems to me I was alone on all this. Stood by my opinion against pretty much everybody here. Have no idea how you could be on No Mas side. Just clearly proven wrong. He doesn’t go out on a limb much with predictions. He more utilizes hindsight to be safe. But I’m  on here giving my opinions ahead of it occurring. Putting myself out there because I see the details that work or don’t. Cook says he agrees with No Mas. Many did insist Wentz over Hurts. I was the lone guy believing in Hurts and seeing Wentz talents go down the drain. Not in hindsight but predicting. Foreseeing! To me No Mas been proven completely wrong on all these major points. My lone opinion that wasn’t popular keeps playing out to prove me right. So I don’t know how anybody agrees with Chipper over Pedey. I was right. Don’t know how we just watched that game and you say Wentz is the answer over Hurts. I was right. To me I shouldn’t even have to say all that. Just that plain and obvious. I’m less than perfect of coarse. But killing No Mas with my track record. I’m saying this against the popular thought. Before it takes place. But really feel no need to have to explain it anymore. A blind woman can see all this clearly by now. No idea what you watching to think Chipper was so much better and needed over the Bronze standard of AR. AR is a Hall of Famer. Chipper is a gimmick college coach. Pedey nobody else supported but me. Won our only SB. Wentz isn’t a good QB after these injuries with his other flawed intangibles. Got a strong arm and a big kid. Hurts destroying the league. Wentz got dumped by the Colts after one season. Hurts about to get paid and solidify his era as our franchise badazz MoFo. 

2 hours ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

If he was nobody why did we pick him up off the street AT ALL?? Just for kicks??? The scouting dept was bored? What?

What pint are you making in a guy being a TC body? Tons of guys get that shot. Then they cut him. Not even PS. Don’t think he rose above third string even. Cut Harris who we clearly coveted much more than Tartt. Harris was a vet in our system. Neither moved the needle. I didn’t like Harris being bright back even. He showed me nothing last year. His only value was Gannon could utilize the whole playbook with him. And he’d do his job below average with everything. Thought we wasted quality reps I preferred to give to the untested DBs. See what we had was my idea. (You know after we have the third round one pick away and didn’t trade back for the elite athlete S). Clear to Rosie he needed Ceedy Deuce trade. Can’t say how it’s worked out yet. The thing with Gardner is he’s in a contract year. So if we extend him there is your answer you’d assume. Two reasons we might not extend him: one he doesn’t pan out like planned. Two : he is looking towards FA assuming his value is more than we are offering. I really don’t know if we can sign him long term short of breaking the bank. If we gotta pay that no need to rush. We can do that in the offseason even. But he hasn’t earned that for sure. I admit I can’t grade him because I haven’t focused on him enough to judge. Seen him make some tackles and miss two I think. Starter by fire with no TC or anything in our D. So I won’t bash him anyway. Not fair.

Think I saw your boy Tartt selling hotdogs on the street. Probably get you a napkin autographed if you want. Just give him a decent tip…he’ll need it.

3 hours ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

I guess your "mood" shifted back to cheapshot attack mode? OK cool I can defend myself just fine,yet you still refuse to answer what your definition of "durable" is

Scale of Kelce to Bradford. Tua not sure is even over Bradford. Hurts looking more towards Kelce. Everybody gets banged up and dealing with injuries. But can you suit up and play at a quality level? Durability is judged on how many games you are on the field versus on the trainers table.

Tua’s questionable durability is just a known fact. When they drafted him so high they even acknowledged it with comments of needing two QBs in this league anyway. Don’t think I’ve ever heard anybody state anything remotely like that about such a high pick. You the draft guy. You don’t remember any of his scouting reports even…if not the actual career at Bama. My understanding was they thought him elite enough a talent at QB to take him so high practically expecting him to only be available for half a season. Too high a pick for me…but really can understand the theory of having two QBs to play 20 games. Don’t know how anybody can do it. Brady is just a freak of nature. But I’m suspecting Tua has taken a bunch of concussions. It’s fairly normal practice to try and hide them. But I still think he’s admitted to four. Well I’m throwing in the obvious Bills game concussion. No Doctor but my eyes saw him lulu concussed. He used the back injury excuse in college when it looked like a concussion. Sadly his career might already be about over. I obviously have very limited information on any of this with him. Just taking a stab based on what I do know and the years of wisdom I’ve picked up loving football. Don’t want to see him become a vegetable though. Think they really screwed up. He never should have come back in that Bills game. Never suited up for this game. Think the whole league is going to feel the effects of tightening up and tripling their efforts and procedures to check for concussions. Going to claim big players in big moments. Gotta do a concussion exam can’t play on third and four with one minute to go. As a fan this will be terrible. 

Dirty way to win a game because of this. Team going to kick the game winning field goal on you. Just bust through early and slam the K. He has to go through concussion protocol. Nobody dresses a legit backup K. Your winning percentage flips from barely a chance to overwhelming. They’ll kick the player out the game that did it. That means practically nothing. What’s to stop this from happening? Never seen it. And would you go to this length if it meant win or lose a playoff game?

3 hours ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

If he was nobody why did we pick him up off the street AT ALL?? Just for kicks??? The scouting dept was bored? What?

We’ve had all kinds of bums practice in the PS. Heck we’ve had plenty actually make the roster. Tartt is a vet played many seasons. Him not having a team says everything. Not like he’s just holding out for the big money. You want mustard on your dog?

45 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Tua’s questionable durability is just a known fact. When they drafted him so high they even acknowledged it with comments of needing two QBs in this league anyway. Don’t think I’ve ever heard anybody state anything remotely like that about such a high pick. You the draft guy. You don’t remember any of his scouting reports even…if not the actual career at Bama. My understanding was they thought him elite enough a talent at QB to take him so high practically expecting him to only be available for half a season. Too high a pick for me…but really can understand the theory of having two QBs to play 20 games. Don’t know how anybody can do it. Brady is just a freak of nature. But I’m suspecting Tua has taken a bunch of concussions. It’s fairly normal practice to try and hide them. But I still think he’s admitted to four. Well I’m throwing in the obvious Bills game concussion. No Doctor but my eyes saw him lulu concussed. He used the back injury excuse in college when it looked like a concussion. Sadly his career might already be about over. I obviously have very limited information on any of this with him. Just taking a stab based on what I do know and the years of wisdom I’ve picked up loving football. Don’t want to see him become a vegetable though. Think they really screwed up. He never should have come back in that Bills game. Never suited up for this game. Think the whole league is going to feel the effects of tightening up and tripling their efforts and procedures to check for concussions. Going to claim big players in big moments. Gotta do a concussion exam can’t play on third and four with one minute to go. As a fan this will be terrible. 

I don't care how "Durable" he may or may not be

You get your head cracked on a turf field that hard twice in one week and your brain is gonna get scrambled.

39 minutes ago, Asg 15 said:

You get your head cracked on a turf field that hard twice in one week and your brain is gonna get scrambled.

Can’t argue against that at all. Just know in my day….we took it as manhood to carry on and not be weak. I don’t think I had that happen to me. But I was a bit dirty at times as the Monster Back(S/LB) hybrid. Clotheslined as a method of tackling more than once. Wasn’t a spearing guy. But went in with intent to punish. Like the Gannon quote I just thought of it as the defensive mentality. My thinking was I’m getting in my punishment on you even if you didn’t catch the ball. Back then there was definitely an intimation understanding….don’t come across the middle on us. Guys knew this. Wouldn’t stretch out for catches knowing the price to pay. Took pride when guys start alligator arming drops. I was fast and big. But nowhere near the fastest or biggest. So scrappy and possibly mean was my edge. Flipped the switch to play football.

1 hour ago, cunninghamtheman said:

We’ve had all kinds of bums practice in the PS. Heck we’ve had plenty actually make the roster. Tartt is a vet played many seasons. Him not having a team says everything. Not like he’s just holding out for the big money. You want mustard on your dog?

Yes since you are serving them

1 hour ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Your bashing of players is not a sign of manhood,it's a sign of a depraved individual who needs medication. I hope you make as much money selling hot dogs as Tartt made in the NFL. I will be ignoring your posts now and there is no use responding to mine. My how that mood changed without your meds LOL. Anyway see ya 'round Mr. Hotdog

23 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

we took it as manhood to carry on and not be weak

So Tua does that and he is "injury prone" LMAO ,. your double standard is showing again, please cover it.

1 hour ago, Asg 15 said:

NO NO Hurts is SUPERMAN, he is so special he can't get hurt, ask Ham and he will tell you

3 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

No idea what you’ve been watching and not seeing this clear as day

yes I am finally seeing it not anointing him as the second coming last year which is when you started the pom pom waving. Done with you-BYE!!! 🖐️

21 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Question: Was DeVonta Smith the right pick? Figured it was perfect timing to ask this question being he’s coming off a monster game. I really like him. But just have to say NO! We gave a pick to Dallas to give them Parsons instead. Still fairly early to grade. But Parsons just been that sensational. His versatility and pass rush domination as an Eagles fan feels like the more important role also. At least we got a stud. So wasn’t terrible. Parsons I think fell because of character red flag stuff. At LB some could see that as actually a plus(different grading scale than QB for sure). Guess I’m not below rooting for him to do a typical cowboy thing and get arrested. Does it make me a bad person?

I don’t know the answer to this for sure as I was very skeptical about Smith and his tiny frame. But I cannot deny how well he catches the football.

21 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

What QB would you trade Hurts for straight up ? Think the list is shrinking. But I’ll volunteer Allen, Herbert, Burrow and Mahomes. ARod and Brady are ancient…you clearly go Hurts. I mean wow….clearly take Hurts over ARod and Brady. Feels good to say. Stafford feels about done and worn out. I think Hurts better anyway. But age kills any arguments. Russel Wilson? Depends how long you think he has left and at what level. Think this one we can now debate heavily. To me that’s just fantastic. I think I could easily argue taking Hurts over Wilson. Wilson had the proven past. Hurts has the much brighter future. Am I forgetting anybody? Lamar The previous MVP earned his spot if you say he’s better. That just leaves Watson. Watson is a beast. Can’t deny that. Doesn’t have the intangibles as much. But he’s got a bigger arm and faster. Huge character divide. Watson like minus five while Hurts seemingly nearing 100. So if you did a whole league open draft….feels like Hurts could go five maybe even. Maybe I’m buying into the early hype success too much. But elite is feeling fairly easy to associate this cat in every phase. Had him top fifteen last year. My goal was top ten this. Think so many here can’t believe they can’t come up with much of an argument to say he doesn’t belong in there. 

Hmmm. I’m crazy, but KOND OF jokingly told my Chiefs’ friend he can have the whole team for Mahomes. That dude will own every record if he plays anywhere close to Brady’s age.

This is a conundrum Cunningham. The sample size of great play is still too small. RIGHT NOW, I definitely trade for captain deuche, aka Aaron Rodgers. Mahomes, Rodgers, Herbert, Allen, Burrow, Watson, Wilson, Lawrence. So yeah, top 10. It feels good to think that highly of him now.

7 hours ago, Asg 15 said:

Yeah i think Clowney scrambled his head.

He was just never the same.

Could be coincidental…could be reality. I also took notice there was some type of divide after that incident. 

29 minutes ago, EaglesTD123 said:

Could be coincidental…could be reality. I also took notice there was some type of divide after that incident. 

Wentz ego can be used against him. We saw him not only fail,but fail BIG when we drafted Hurts as his BU. He felt threatened and folded like a cheap lawn chair. Had a decent(not great) team in Indy and got booted there also and the Wuss are finding out he isn't the player he was here,so when we got to him early,as I predicted he went into panic mode. Pity, he had alot of potential once but his Alpha ego won't work in this league. He did make a little comeback vs us late. Will be interesting to see how he plays when he has to come through the tunnel at the Linc. It won't be pretty LOL

28 minutes ago, EaglesTD123 said:

Rumor was Rosie blew up on him in the locker room with his wife there to get his ass back out there and play getting paid like he just got. It was some friend of a friend of Wentz wife on Twitter. Don’t know if I put any stock in it. But at least is plausible. Really seems plausible that Rosie snd Wentz were butting heads. Rumors all over the place about all sorts of stuff though. Be interesting when the story comes out more I’m sure.

OT-I was off awhile because I finally got a hold of a friend in devastated Fort Myers Beach (FMB). He rescued two people and their lab out in the water in the middle of the storm.He said it was totally black and had them keep yelling so he could locate them. he swam out and got the 2 people (young couple and their black Lab) He has a job and is trying to help them ASAP so they can get back on their feet and leave. They are of course tired and dejected because they lost EVERYTHING. So with my daughters help we will try to find him some assistance. She needs some nice clothes to find a decent job,so will let daughter work on that and send whatever else is needed. They seem nice and they are EXTREMELY lucky to be alive at all. They were 5 miles out when he heard them yelling and it's hard to hear that in 150 mph wind. He swam out and got them,really a hero and a friend(Single) so I will help as much as possible because he cannot afford to feed them and their dog alone. They are wearing his clothes for now but they need some to take the next step to get real jobs for real money so they can get back on their feet and leave his place,so that is this weeks "project". I will see what my daughter an do to help and what I can fill in and he will be talking to govt agencies like FEMA for assistance as well as the red cross,so hopefully in a week we can have them up and running. he risked his own live to leave his truck jump in the gulf and go find them.l Those are the friends I keep. I dont have many but they are all like him. He cried when I said don't worry,we got you.OK back to the birds

23 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Wentz ego can be used against him. We saw him not only fail,but fail BIG when we drafted Hurts as his BU. He felt threatened and folded like a cheap lawn chair. Had a decent(not great) team in Indy and got booted there also and the Wuss are finding out he isn't the player he was here,so when we got to him early,as I predicted he went into panic mode. Pity, he had alot of potential once but his Alpha ego won't work in this league. He did make a little comeback vs us late. Will be interesting to see how he plays when he has to come through the tunnel at the Linc. It won't be pretty LOL

17 minutes ago,  cunninghamtheman said: 

Rumor was Rosie blew up on him in the locker room with his wife there to get his ass back out there and play getting paid like he just got. It was some friend of a friend of Wentz wife on Twitter. Don’t know if I put any stock in it. But at least is plausible. Really seems plausible that Rosie snd Wentz were butting heads. Rumors all over the place about all sorts of stuff though. Be interesting when the story comes out more I’m sure.

IDK. Could be Wentz become un-coachable or never really that coachable to begin with. I remember they used a lot of his NDSU plays early in his career. 

Could be that Wentz did feel he was top dog. And when he got the big contract that only enhanced this notion. 

Could be Wentz and Howie had a fall-out.

Could easily be ALL of this. I would really love to know what actually happened!

Archived