Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

Just turning it on now. Miami just scored a td, missed the ep so they're down 12-14

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not staying up, have phys therapy in the am. Having my foot operated on again, the surgeon requires pre and post op PT. 

Halftime anyway

Everyone you knew in FL OK?. Been reading if you could get home insurance it was more than the mortgage in a lot of cases - augh!

3 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

No more free football-Amazon can KMA

Oh yes we need to worry about assistant coaches now-excellent 🤣.I think the Gatorade girl also was on the Jags sideline last year 🤣 Good for at least 10 points there

What D owned us more than the Bucs? I think it’s a massive challenge to see if we adapted and can overcome what shut us down last season. Their D eats us alive….we going to see it all year. Bucs had several things they were doing to us. Personnel was a big issue. But how much of it was cheat sheet stuff. Hurts, Siri, Steichen and Smith they locked down. Smitty is the guy I think most ready to prove himself. Guy is a worker and I know he worked that bump coverage hard this offseason. 

Tua left on a stretcher, at the hospital, head and neck, can move everything ok tho

All kinds of tiny details can be huge. What was the movie? Rudy. The Oline guy shows him his knuckles change colors run versus pass. Bucs seemed to have a few things. They clearly flat out outcoached us. Bowles made them look out of their league. That Bucs D looking incredible again this year. Think I saw them get three takeaways in a half to keep it 3-0. Gotta welcome the challenge. Feel this is a huge challenge. Jags have serious inside intel. 

Anybody trading Hurts for Trevor Lawrence? Lawrence was one of the most No brainer first picks. Really think he’s awesome. I’m not sure if I’d do it though. I’m a huge fan of Lawrence in college. Hurts really closed the gap. Feels like most here didn’t even think Hurts had a ceiling this high. I’m starting to wonder what player is more of a nightmare to prepare for by the opposition. Such a weapon! Fairly sure he’s changing all the old school thinkers mind on the position. Brady’s way still rules. But Jalen’s way absolutely works. Feels like almost everybody doubted him but his teammates and all coaches. He just stepped up and proved them all wrong. He’s so classy not to make them all eat crow about it also.

I feel like it’s time for all the doubters here to own up. I was alone in my belief of our leader. Stood strong and took all the crap. Anybody man enough to own embracing our elite QB? Give much respect to those that can step up and admit they are wrong. Still feels like a couple trying to battle against him by reaching at vague nonexistent straws. 

10 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

Tua left on a stretcher, at the hospital, head and neck, can move everything ok tho

Poor guy. He’s only good for half a season worth of games at best. Be a good backup for Brady next year. Think he showed out enough to prove he can ball in this league though. Slung the Rock big time. Now the focus should go back to his durability…or lack of any. 

15 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

Halftime anyway

Everyone you knew in FL OK?. Been reading if you could get home insurance it was more than the mortgage in a lot of cases - augh!

All different things. They zone me for flood insurance after I had the place for awhile. Just that is a heck of a chunk.

I don’t even know enough for Hurricane. Insurance guys getting super detailed on this stuff now.

12 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

No more free football-Amazon can KMA

Oh yes we need to worry about assistant coaches now-excellent 🤣.I think the Gatorade girl also was on the Jags sideline last year 🤣 Good for at least 10 points there

Why so cynical? An assistant coach COULD make a difference. Gatorade girl? She better be HOT to divert serious attention…. Maybe needs to be naked for a 10 point swing. Haha.

You guys bust each others balls hard core! Cheap entertainment actually. Glad I’m not usually in the firing zone.

Stine, I did not play football past pop warner level. Coached at all levels but major college or pro football so I am certainly no expert. I have designed and done a lot of play calling at all of those levels and absolutely LOVED it. Most recently coached kids in flag football for my nephew’s team. Boy was that a learning experience. Brought my playbooks from my high school and D2 college ball. Those plays do NOT work in little kid football! Hilarious learning that the first few times in practice. The kids just don’t react on defense fast enough. So you really have to change your reverses and counters. I had a BLAST though. We went undefeated and my brother had to deal with the parents as head coach. I wanted NO part of that! Haha.

Point I guess I’m trying to make is that I hope my posts have some relevancy even though I never played at a high level. I am a student of the game. My time has always been on the offensive side of the ball. I love the strategy behind it. When the "wildcat” offense found its way to the NFL, I predicted it wouldn’t be long before teams see what an advantage that 11 on 11 football does for an offense. Sure enough, you are starting to see so many more "athletic” i.e. running QBs in the NFL. I do believe it is here to stay.

Asked the thing that bothered me most about a defensive play, without hesitation for me it is penetration into the backfield. It screws up timing no matter what play you call. Most important player on the offense….CENTER.

Thank you to all of you for sharing. Love to read the posts when I can. Hate to say it but I probably agree with joemas the most overall on his posts. No idea what level his experience is, but he has a good football IQ. I want to say that about everyone; now the reality is some people posting just have tunnel vision opinions. Please don't take offense anyone. Not directed towards any regular posters.

LOVE the Eagles! Eating crow about my observations on Jalen Hurts so far this year. Love the Eagles’ consistent dedication to the OLine! I believe it really is a week by week league. I won’t consider this a playoff team UNTIL it actually happens. They, like every other team, are one or two injuries away from mediocrity.

26 minutes ago, Senhorcook said:

Why so cynical? An assistant coach COULD make a difference. Gatorade girl? She better be HOT to divert serious attention…. Maybe needs to be naked for a 10 point swing. Haha.

You guys bust each others balls hard core! Cheap entertainment actually. Glad I’m not usually in the firing zone.

Stine, I did not play football past pop warner level. Coached at all levels but major college or pro football so I am certainly no expert. I have designed and done a lot of play calling at all of those levels and absolutely LOVED it. Most recently coached kids in flag football for my nephew’s team. Boy was that a learning experience. Brought my playbooks from my high school and D2 college ball. Those plays do NOT work in little kid football! Hilarious learning that the first few times in practice. The kids just don’t react on defense fast enough. So you really have to change your reverses and counters. I had a BLAST though. We went undefeated and my brother had to deal with the parents as head coach. I wanted NO part of that! Haha.

Point I guess I’m trying to make is that I hope my posts have some relevancy even though I never played at a high level. I am a student of the game. My time has always been on the offensive side of the ball. I love the strategy behind it. When the "wildcat” offense found its way to the NFL, I predicted it wouldn’t be long before teams see what an advantage that 11 on 11 football does for an offense. Sure enough, you are starting to see so many more "athletic” i.e. running QBs in the NFL. I do believe it is here to stay.

Asked the thing that bothered me most about a defensive play, without hesitation for me it is penetration into the backfield. It screws up timing no matter what play you call. Most important player on the offense….CENTER.

Thank you to all of you for sharing. Love to read the posts when I can. Hate to say it but I probably agree with joemas the most overall on his posts. No idea what level his experience is, but he has a good football IQ. I want to say that about everyone; now the reality is some people posting just have tunnel vision opinions. Please don't take offense anyone. Not directed towards any regular posters.

LOVE the Eagles! Eating crow about my observations on Jalen Hurts so far this year. Love the Eagles’ consistent dedication to the OLine! I believe it really is a week by week league. I won’t consider this a playoff team UNTIL it actually happens. They, like every other team, are one or two injuries away from mediocrity.

I enjoy your point of view. You express yourself very well. You aren’t obnoxious yet you clearly have your opinions. I think I’ve consistently done both agree and disagree with you. This was your worst thought I’ve ever seen you print. You even admit to hating saying you like No Mas post the most. I could even feel what feels like it was very tough for you to type. But that shows good character. You call it like you see it. You always brought great value here even though you want get all in the muck with us too deep. 

I do really appreciate you all for sharing. Stine I’ve been on both sides so often. You know what you are talking about though. Somebody going to change your opinion they better come real convincing. I find you fairly open minded to others ideas generally though. Feel you bring a good back and forth about our favorite team. Exactly what this place is for.

I even thank you No Mas. How many years we been battling here? Feels like since dial up internet. I will give you plenty of credit for presenting your thoughts and ideas rather well. We rarely agree about much. But both of us just have our opinions. We both I will give you credit will admit when we do agree. Whenever we debate I do, in my own head, feel like I’m right! Hahaha you’re a devious **** always trying to catch people in your lil snare traps. My only real hit on you is you never really share an opinion that isn’t hindsight. You stay safe. Where as I talk much more about how I perceive and predict. Anyway wanted to thank you for all you’ve brought here over the years. Even if Cook believed your crap 💩 

FL I appreciate your tenacity. You wear your heart on your sleeve. I can appreciate just how much you care. That’s what makes it feel so good if any of us can prove you wrong. Please try to take things slightly less personal. Don’t think I’ve ever stated just how much intel you bring to the table here. You’re relentless. You like every guy that ever hits the streets. Kind of think if we find out the whole truth you are scouting these guys in high school for your next mock drafts. You absolutely know what you are talking about. Thank you for your years of service!

TD rarely comes on. Your a cool cat. Never know what he’s going to pop on about but we stir him up occasionally. Been on here forever also. Makes me wonder over the years how many read but don’t post. Think I did for half a year. It can be intimidating. If you actually brought anything of value to the table it would be refreshing TD(obviously kidding). But thank you for enriching my life.

2 hours ago, mjkline1958 said:

Halftime anyway

IDK cell phones/towers are out still. Where I moved from was totally devastated.Irma went over my house but this is alot worse. My grannie bought her house on the gulf in 1951.So the area has always been part of my family even since I can remember. it went from a quaint little fishing village to South Beach sadly. TOurists ruined it so badly we had to put strict enforcement rules in place. After 10 years the wildlife is coming back, but it was almost gone forever,so it hurts me yo see this place leveled again. FMB is only 3 feet above sea level so it doesn't take alot.

‘58 had to think about what to say to you. You are your own man. Like that. You also aren’t afraid to talk about anything. I have to admit you are maybe understated player here. You have a style and way about how you handle yourself that’s great. I have a few things to dig on you about…joking. This is my sincere thank you. Wouldn’t be the same without you.

BG feels like we’ve been losing him here. But he’s a badass poster. Very opinionated but not so much pushing an agenda. You have great knowledge of all these players. When I disagree with you, which is fairly often, I know I better pay attention and have a good point. Or you gonna eat me alive. Is it just me or didn’t we used to agree about much more way back in the day? Much respect! Anything you post I consider and think on because you know what you’re talking about. So thank you!

59 minutes ago, Senhorcook said:

SO someone has inside intel WHAT are you going to do about it??? If the players execute the plays WHY would it matter? We're going to worry about EVERY teams staff ,members now??? We'll then need an entirte staff of people to scout who COULD have intel on us???? it's ridiculous. "OH they have an assistant coach lets' forfeit,we cant win we're DOOOOOOMED

1 hour ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I feel like it’s time for all the doubters here to own up. I was alone in my belief of our leader. Stood strong and took all the crap. Anybody man enough to own embracing our elite QB? Give much respect to those that can step up and admit they are wrong. Still feels like a couple trying to battle against him by reaching at vague nonexistent straws. 

OH wow he's elite and the MVP after 3 games,this is AMAZING stuff!!!! We beat the 3 best teams in the league, we also played and beat the 15 best teams last year too.Just give us the Lombardi, Hurts the MVP trophy now and we can go home. IDK that anyone is right or wrong it's TOO SOON to know. Maybe you will be right but some of us set the bar high when you set it low and Hurts is raising his game.Nice to see that. That's ALL we wanted to see, has ZERO to do with "calling it". Doesn't mean we were WRONG,it means we set the bar high and wanted Hurts to reach it-pfffffffft

Just hope I’ve brought something to the table. If nothing else you can rely on me to respond and share my opinion. Yes, I’m very opinionated. But never really wanted to be obnoxious or a ****. Most of all I apologize for everybody having to read through my way of speaking here. Did great on SAT and stuff but clearly carried by my Math skills. Kind have my own way of communicating anyway. You guys obviously have grown used to it by now. But thanks for weeding through and comprehending what I’m trying to say. I apologize for making you all dumber for actually knowing how to read my writing. You been Cunninghamtheman-ed!

IDK seems to me all teams get as much as they can hire someone if they want certain info,it happens league wide and I doubt we are the only team that doesn't do it. So for me I want my players to execute,even if they know the coming play they still have to stop it. Can they? That is more important to me that any intel. I can call a 34 dive every play and tell the other team I'm running it,but if they can't stop me who cares about intel? I'm not spending hours on end finding out who my players used to know because they have intel on mine fro 3 years ago. I just think it's a ridiculous thing to worry about when there are already 5300 other things to worry about from week to week. If the opponent sucks I'll hand him my play card and let them try to stop me. I'm sorry but an assistant coaches intel is the last thing I would think about

8 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Just hope I’ve brought something to the table. If nothing else you can rely on me to respond and share my opinion. Yes, I’m very opinionated. But never really wanted to be obnoxious or a ****. Most of all I apologize for everybody having to read through my way of speaking here. Did great on SAT and stuff but clearly carried by my Math skills. Kind have my own way of communicating anyway. You guys obviously have grown used to it by now. But thanks for weeding through and comprehending what I’m trying to say. I apologize for making you all dumber for actually knowing how to read my writing. You been Cunninghamtheman-ed!

We're all fans,in the end that's all that matters

Archived