Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

3 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Sorry I left you out of my thanks. It’s because I had nothing nice to say about you….nah. Much respects and props to your contribution. Feel I agree with you more often than not. But even grant you make a reasonable case even if I see sone things differently. Thanks for being you…it matters!

Umm yeah no worries bud... Thanks very much and right back at you. 

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

All different things. They zone me for flood insurance after I had the place for awhile. Just that is a heck of a chunk.

I don’t even know enough for Hurricane. Insurance guys getting super detailed on this stuff now.

Up here if you're beachfront, good luck. After that with 1 mile you need hurricane ins and have to have certain structural thing like hurricane tie downs on your roof trusses. We're 1.1 miles from the bay, 2 miles from the ocean so don't have to but did a few things anyway.

9 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Poor guy. He’s only good for half a season worth of games at best. Be a good backup for Brady next year. Think he showed out enough to prove he can ball in this league though. Slung the Rock big time. Now the focus should go back to his durability…or lack of any. 

Running QB's get injured. You think this cannot happen to Hurts? Hurts puts his body in more harm than Tua ever did. I am not comfortable with Hurts running as much as he does and think this will come back and bite this team in the butt....

5 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I was actually very high on Epps. He earned his job the hard way with two different coaches. My top two guys were pass rusher and S. The super speedster S still feels like the answer. I had Karlaftis as an option for our first pick. You are loving our team so much. But we shorted ourselves an elite rookie still. So try to open up your imagination to : better. Barnett goes down and we upgrade with Karlaftis would have been great. Are we better we either rookie than without? Feels like your question. Clearly better with the stud on D added. At worst we are rotating in these Uber talented studs. I can absolutely imagine that.     
  But this game is brutal. Whoever gets injured we need a top replacement. So that’s where I’m focused now. Who that happens to and who becomes available at the right price is anybody guess. Last piece of personnel luck we need to happen I’m thinking. Or if Goedert goes down can we convince Gronk out of retirement? Just imagine adding Gronk anyway. Be sick!

Wow... you are absolutely the best... being able to predict your guy would be there 2 weeks before the draft and turning down, a pick swap from 19 to 18, a 3rd round pick, a 1st in 2023 and a 2nd in 2024...  turning down those 3 premium picks for one guy that you absolutely knew would be there...  that's some phenomenal talent for predicting.  

I agree with Hurts too..  I wouldn't trade his supporting cast for any other in the NFL.

8 hours ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

OH wow he's elite and the MVP after 3 games,this is AMAZING stuff!!!! We beat the 3 best teams in the league, we also played and beat the 15 best teams last year too.Just give us the Lombardi, Hurts the MVP trophy now and we can go home. IDK that anyone is right or wrong it's TOO SOON to know. Maybe you will be right but some of us set the bar high when you set it low and Hurts is raising his game.Nice to see that. That's ALL we wanted to see, has ZERO to do with "calling it". Doesn't mean we were WRONG,it means we set the bar high and wanted Hurts to reach it-pfffffffft

In all fairness, Hurts was O Player of the Month. That says something. Why don't we wait and see where he is in a few weeks? I admit that I was skeptical before the season started as most on here. But I have to admit I am pleasantly surprised with his play to date. He has shown growth no matter how we spin it. He is reading defenses much better. His footwork is great. he is spreading the ball around and making accurate throws. he is even looking up downfield instead of just running the ball. That alone gives me hope that he should be the QB moving forward. I still want to see more and make sure he does not regress, but all indicators are pointing up.

6 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Totally disagree. Intel is massive. If Pederson knows you can low bull rush Lane as his biggest weakness. That’s a weapon. Their D coach knows a way to stop Smitty….give Hurts troubles. That’s huge. I picture these players trying real hard to disguise tells and weaknesses. Think their coach would be very involved. What if Pedey noticed Hurts does a slight tick towards something to give away a certain play. Like he’s going to that side. Or RPO or playaction. These little details are so big at this level. Think Bellicheat pays attention to all that. Real good at it. Add that to his blatant cheating and Bellicheat is a great coach with the best player all time. What if Pedey knows the way to jam Goedert at the line he struggles with? It’s a huge issue in my mind. Not just can we lose this game. Does our old coach expose our players to the whole league? If you are a coach what film you watching? Would think the guys former coach plan of attack would be high on the list.

I love Pederson for bringing the SB to Philly. But I am not about to deem him a high IQ coach. His strengths were dealing with the players. I constantly criticized his play calling. I do not think he will out coach us, but he will get his players hyped. Also, this is a much different team that TB saw last year, so that will prove pointless IMO. He may have seen what worked last year will not this week. So he needs to come up with a better plan. Not sure that will happen based on IQ. I also stated I was concerned about this game. But my concern is more about us beating ourselves than Jacksonville out coaching us.....

I'm more concerned with our poor run D and special teams. I don't like risking Smith on returns. We've been keeping a slot open on the 53 which I presume is for HR to make a move. Would be interesting to see what Devon Allen can do on returns. 

Question: Was DeVonta Smith the right pick? Figured it was perfect timing to ask this question being he’s coming off a monster game. I really like him. But just have to say NO! We gave a pick to Dallas to give them Parsons instead. Still fairly early to grade. But Parsons just been that sensational. His versatility and pass rush domination as an Eagles fan feels like the more important role also. At least we got a stud. So wasn’t terrible. Parsons I think fell because of character red flag stuff. At LB some could see that as actually a plus(different grading scale than QB for sure). Guess I’m not below rooting for him to do a typical cowboy thing and get arrested. Does it make me a bad person?

The problem is not drafting Smith. The problem happened when we ignored Jefferson! Drafting JJ would have opened the door for Parsons. That one draft set us back a bunch IMO... Smith is a great WR and hard to tell if he will be better or worse that Brown at this point. It could go either way...

I was actually very high on Epps. He earned his job the hard way with two different coaches. My top two guys were pass rusher and S. The super speedster S still feels like the answer. I had Karlaftis as an option for our first pick. You are loving our team so much. But we shorted ourselves an elite rookie still. So try to open up your imagination to : better. Barnett goes down and we upgrade with Karlaftis would have been great. Are we better we either rookie than without? Feels like your question. Clearly better with the stud on D added. At worst we are rotating in these Uber talented studs. I can absolutely imagine that.     
  But this game is brutal. Whoever gets injured we need a top replacement. So that’s where I’m focused now. Who that happens to and who becomes available at the right price is anybody guess. Last piece of personnel luck we need to happen I’m thinking. Or if Goedert goes down can we convince Gronk out of retirement? Just imagine adding Gronk anyway. Be sick!

I actually liked Epps also. I made numerous comments about his play last season. he played hard and you heard his name mentioned more than the other safeties. Did I think he would make as big an impact as he has? No, but I did feel he had a huge upside.....

Too bad for Tua but that's the hazard of a running QB.

Not to say ant a pocket QB can't get a concussion but runners put themselves out there more often.

I'd include Hurts, Murray, and Josh Allen in that group

9 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

ust not how I see it at all. You called him one read and run….not even a starting QB level

And that's exactly what he was last year. And yep unless you were watching different games you could have easily seen the college offense for 4-5 games. After that Sri went with the pro style offense and the team responded by posting better number,this was so clear even blind people could have seen it, so pardon me for stating facts as I perceive them to be. I don't wear blinders and ca't help that you do and THUS this was the "growth" most of us on here wanted to see before COMMITTING big dollars and a multi year commitment to the QB position. Blind faith was not enough for us and then you called us a;ll "haters" because we did not just blindly believe(aka our bar was higher than that). Although I personally have seen the growth I wanted to see(and I am not done wanting to see a bit more) you continue to call those as "haters" which is a huge fallacy in your own mind just because you fell head first into the Hurts pools deep end. The rest of us want to see a complete package at QB and have been vilified by you since. it has zero to do with who is right.wrong or otherwise. We made no excuses for Hurts because we expect him to be the REASON we win. The fact we have surrounded him with the players needed to succeed has zero to do with the fact we let Wentz flounder and die because we did NOT provide those weapons. This your misplaced "we love Wentz" baloney and let's be honest the Eagles expected Wentz to do it alone and he was run out of town(this does NOT mean I like him better of that I want him back and I believe I can speak for everyone). this is the stuff you fail to see because of the blinders you wear. TO date I have seen very many things on my mental checklist that I wanted to see from Hurts. Now that he has learned the PRO offense and graduated from the college BS he has grown alot. he works hard at his craft and the dividends are apparent(at least to me) We all have out certain criteria we want. Joe wants to see the whole year,which we now ALL have to do because I though we could do a deal before the end of the year,but Joe was correct and we need to ride the year out anyhow. So the fact there are a few more things on my mental checklist I want to see has noghint to do with love or hate,it has to do with do I,as a fan, see the best QB we can have for this team. As you know I liked Shew(still do) and stated many times AT THE TIME,that he was a better QB for THIS TEAM. The does NOT translate into "he hates Hurts". I said it because we finally got a receiving corps in here that is worth of that title in every respect and Shew was the better PASSER which if you understand the game(which I am certain you do) is why you have receivers. We all just wanted the best available passer we could get. Now through 3 games I have seen much growth from Hurts and if you noticed me saying Shew is the better QB have stopped(now why is that???) Because I have seen the growth. He is doing more than 1 read. I don't believe he does reads like Arod, but he is still growing and those have improved. We all know he is a potent runner an noone ever questioned that that I can recall. Now we have WR's that all DEMAND attention,so that was good for him because now he MUST make multiple reads and so far he is doing much better on that. last year was all dink and dunk and if you didn't see that not much I can say to you. This year we(or I) have seen the deep ball throws that were lacking last year. The 53 yards dime did me heart good and even the deep miss. It still shows me he has the confidence now to take those shots that he didn't have before. There is more to learn and I hope he continues his progress. Once again everything I have said on here is because you went feet first in up to your neck and the rest of weren't quite ready to make that jump. Has nothing to do with "calling it" "who is right" or any other false flag. it's about where you set bars and we never lowered ours,we demanded Hurts raise his game to meet the bar,not lower the bar to meet Hurts' skills. So that's where we are,or where I am. There are more things I would like to see such as I hope we get down by 14 because I need to see Hurts respond under pressure. So far he hasn't had to do it,but it's something I would like to see,if he is the "leader" we all hope. In my eyes a leader is not one who gets credit for a win,he is the guy that,when down and out< can rally his team. Can Hurts do it? of course you will say yes,but there has been no time since he became starter that he has ever had to do it and that is a necessary skill when you hit the playoffs. These are those "intangibles" you speak of and I merely need to see them rather than ASSUME them. So now we go forward. I have said I saw the growth,but I need to see more. That doesn't make me WRONG,that makes me a FAN

39 minutes ago, Asg 15 said:

Too bad for Tua but that's the hazard of a running QB.

Not to say ant a pocket QB can't get a concussion but runners put themselves out there more often.

I'd include Hurts, Murray, and Josh Allen in that group

Don't forget Jackson the "more than likely" MVP if he keeps it up

1 hour ago, stine said:

In all fairness, Hurts was O Player of the Month. That says something. Why don't we wait and see where he is in a few weeks? I admit that I was skeptical before the season started as most on here. But I have to admit I am pleasantly surprised with his play to date. He has shown growth no matter how we spin it. He is reading defenses much better. His footwork is great. he is spreading the ball around and making accurate throws. he is even looking up downfield instead of just running the ball. That alone gives me hope that he should be the QB moving forward. I still want to see more and make sure he does not regress, but all indicators are pointing up.

LOL read the essay I just wrote cause I cant't type it again LOL

OK, I had allot of time to think and I feel the Eagles will win this weekend by a score of 30-23. I think we get an early lead and have a 14 point lead at halftime. Jacksonville scores in the second half and we score twice more to make it comfortable. Jacksonville scores late when game has already been decided.... That is my take. just think we score in the 3rd as this has been a point all have been talking about for 2 weeks. Thinking the eagles staff have been looking at this also.

This game against the Jags is big. Got the D coach that was part of the best D to shut us down. Got our old HC that is familiar with several of our key guys. This game could F us. What they expose could cripple us. I expect some difficulties. Can our guys overcome being exposed and ….they just have to improve their weakness so it’s not so glaring and having to be overplayed so hard. Our whole offense Pedey knows all about all of them. Lane, Kelce and Mailata…..those are key guys No Mas touts as All World! Would definitely hurt if Pedey can get his guys making plays against them. I can handle a loss. But any key guys getting exposed to the whole league is worse. And yes….I worry for Hurts also. Stuff can change just like that in this league once the book is out on you. Fear our team getting all the hype right now as the best in the land might get knocked down a peg by Pedey.

But if we roll on them….oh man it’s on!

See the eassy I wrote because I cant type it again lol

Totally disagree. Intel is massive. If Pederson knows you can low bull rush Lane as his biggest weakness. That’s a weapon. Their D coach knows a way to stop Smitty….give Hurts troubles. That’s huge. I picture these players trying real hard to disguise tells and weaknesses. Think their coach would be very involved. What if Pedey noticed Hurts does a slight tick towards something to give away a certain play. Like he’s going to that side. Or RPO or playaction. These little details are so big at this level. Think Bellicheat pays attention to all that. Real good at it. Add that to his blatant cheating and Bellicheat is a great coach with the best player all time. What if Pedey knows the way to jam Goedert at the line he struggles with? It’s a huge issue in my mind. Not just can we lose this game. Does our old coach expose our players to the whole league? If you are a coach what film you watching? Would think the guys former coach plan of attack would be high on the list.

SO it's "massive",whatcha gonna do about it?? I know, there's nothing you CAN do, thats the point isn't it? So why worry about things you DONT control??

6 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Don't forget Jackson the "more than likely" MVP if he keeps it up

And yet still nothing in the playoffs when teams lock down stopping the running part of his game.

To me we are so deep into the Hurts era it feels like rooting against him or doubting him is not rooting for the Eagles. That is one thing that position I will grant really elevates. Wasn’t a fan of Barnett really ever. No idea why we’ve thrown butt loads of money at him the last couple years. But we rotate DEs and it just not as crucial. One thing we seem to do is come together on hating a player. Reagor was toast. You can’t slide here. It gets brutal….seems like we all unite on it also.

I wasn't aware we were in an "era" already. If he gets hurt badly what era are we in?? 4 games 1 year ,one season vs beat up grandmothers, and now 3 games this year for me isn't an "era". The ERA will begin when we pay out money to him

1 minute ago, joemas6 said:

And yet still nothing in the playoffs when teams lock down stopping the running part of his game.

I am,nor have been a fan of running QB's(although I loved Tarkenton lol). I love passing QB's who can run if they HAVE to. I love guys like Josh in Buffalo,he would rather destroy you in the air, but if he has to take off he can sure do that. I see Hurts coming around more to that style and I hope it continues because we don't need an RG3 here

stepping stones to the bigger goals.

Nice to see you are on the stepping stone train.It's where the rest of us have been for awhile lol

Question: Was DeVonta Smith the right pick? Figured it was perfect timing to ask this question being he’s coming off a monster game. I really like him. But just have to say NO! We gave a pick to Dallas to give them Parsons instead. Still fairly early to grade. But Parsons just been that sensational. His versatility and pass rush domination as an Eagles fan feels like the more important role also. At least we got a stud. So wasn’t terrible. Parsons I think fell because of character red flag stuff. At LB some could see that as actually a plus(different grading scale than QB for sure). Guess I’m not below rooting for him to do a typical cowboy thing and get arrested. Does it make me a bad person?

SO you want to base our draft picks on what other teams get? You do the same thing with the Saints pick we" gave away" I want the best players for this team and IDG a rats butt what we "gave away" So we "gave away" Olave(also one of my picks for us) Did I get mad?? NO because Howie ADDRESSED the issue.it just wasn't with Olave,he addressed it with AJ. Need filled so I am fine with it. Is smith the real deal-you bet,so was Olave and so is AJ. I dont care what other teams do nor do I care what we "gave away" when actually we GAINED things in the transaction(which you still fail to see)

8 hours ago, EaglesTD123 said:

I don't root against Hurts or any Eagles' player; nor do I doubt Hurts. 

Right there with you on Barnett. And I was super high on him when drafted. 

LOL ok you busted me because sometimes I DO. I rooted against Jjaw,I rooted against Hollins, I rooted aginst Reagor and a few others that in my mind weren't cutting the mustard once I saw they were nothing but boat anchors weighing us down

7 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Gronk LMAO HAHAHAHA

7 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Funny part is how much this team effects my moods. Feeling so good right now. What’s the likelihood of me thanking everybody if we were 0-3?

Good point

2 hours ago, stine said:

BOOM

Archived