Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

13 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Seau down,how many we gonna lose this game? Oh man

That's got to be the biggest concern right now for sure! Dropping like flies.

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

That's got to be the biggest concern right now for sure! Dropping like flies.

I see we have abandoned the passing game and while I am all for clock killing running plays we need to SCORE when we do it, failure will give them an opening to tie this up. Need  FG on this drive

2 minutes ago, Asg 15 said:

Is the weather so bad they decided not to try a field goal?

IDK I would have taken a shot,then again  Elliott was hurt earlier,so escape with the win,plus always a chance of a block for a returned 6

Anyway this was a game I wanted so "see" Nice to see Sanders over 100,he needed it. So in everyones estimation did Hurts "lead the team" or was it team execution. I'm happy we scored after 1/2 time(for a change). Was this a game where you would say "I'm all in on Hurts"? Seems the D was super awesome once again. I hope Slay/Mail will be ok. Seems like most credit should go to the running game?

4-0, and we scored points in the 2nd half.  This was one where the luck was on our side with a bunch of key errors from Lawrence... still need to take advantage and still showing dominance on both sides of the line.   

Still annoyed at the ATL collapse week 1 or that random pick from the Saints would be 1st right now!    

Idk, some might complain, but I like occupying the ball 2nd half and limiting the opponents chances when having a lead.  

Goedert makes a play everyone he touches the ball...stud.  And anyone wanting to draft a rookie over AJ should see that was wrong, dude almost made that tough catch at the end... he's a beast and a game changer for the offense. 

OL with 2 subs was dominant,  I've said this after hearing all the complaints the last few years... tell me a team with better OL depth.  If it gets to 11 and 12 deep....or 16 and 17 like it did in 2020, nobody has the players for that level of injury.  

Broadcaster said, " top to bottom, best roster in the NFL"   ...but the punter?? Lol

Not to nit pick but w/ Slay out Jags had plenty of open opportunities, wide open.

No Mas you getting caught in the hype a bit. You are falling for the meaningless Power Ranking crap. Think we are a legit team. We closed the gap in the NFC. Clearly tier two at least in the NFC. Tampa and GB lost players and narrowed the gap some also. And announcers always overdramatize the game they are calling. That’s basically their job. Probably ten other teams if he calls their game next week he might say the same thing next week. 

I liked the going forward the absolute kill at the end going for the two point conversion. Didn’t work. But felt like he watched tape of Pedey playcalling all week and it rubbed off. Many ways to look a that situation with different answers. But we get that two point conversion…game over. Any that complained about taking our foot off the gas or such should really be noticing that move. It was a clear kill shot. Siri has that mentality. But it’s fairly smart about time management playing with a lead.

3 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

Josiah Scott not ready for prime time

We rostered all these young DBs last year as dead weight. Not liking Scott winning out over all these others and playing like he did. Feels like they made the wrong call on that one. But hey it’s like our fifth CB….so many don’t care. Me I felt like what we really needed was to develop a couple DBs. Had so many young guys. So really wondering about the development process there along with the decision making. Bradbury only on one year contract on the downside of his career. Slay getting up there. So the need is massively there. Had two seasons to not rush development. At this point we staring at trading up for a top CB in the draft as top glaring need.

Think I heard the broadcaster say top roster for the Raiders week one also. Have they won a game?

Really glad to see Gannon adjust. Didn’t seem to be utilizing Reddick correctly the first two games. Now he’s having the effect I believe we all were expecting in our big FA signing. 

Everything I eat even tastes a little better because our team is 4-0. I probably should see a therapist for my addiction to the Eagles. At least I got you guys for the job 😂🤣

34 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

4-0, and we scored points in the 2nd half.  This was one where the luck was on our side with a bunch of key errors from Lawrence... still need to take advantage and still showing dominance on both sides of the line.   

Still annoyed at the ATL collapse week 1 or that random pick from the Saints would be 1st right now!    

Idk, some might complain, but I like occupying the ball 2nd half and limiting the opponents chances when having a lead.  

Goedert makes a play everyone he touches the ball...stud.  And anyone wanting to draft a rookie over AJ should see that was wrong, dude almost made that tough catch at the end... he's a beast and a game changer for the offense. 

OL with 2 subs was dominant,  I've said this after hearing all the complaints the last few years... tell me a team with better OL depth.  If it gets to 11 and 12 deep....or 16 and 17 like it did in 2020, nobody has the players for that level of injury.  

Broadcaster said, " top to bottom, best roster in the NFL"   ...but the punter?? Lol

OK, without Hams pom pom Hurts is Superintangibleman stuff,when we went down 14-0 what happened?(besides we scored 20) Did Hurts pull this team up with "intangibles" or was it just we executed because I don't see outstanding stats from Hurts. Did the defense spark the offense? I'm sure I will watch the game later and make my own call,but for now I am relying on you guys. BTW this was the #1 run defense going in and Sanders had a great day. Nice to see Sermon get a little taste too. So what turned this team from down 14 to a 20-14 lead and please be honest

Elliott injury looms. Guy is a stud K. So going to screw up our roster if he is out any games. The rules nowadays make it much easier though being able to call up the PS like they do and all now at least. He’s irreplaceable for this team however. Having a top K in the postseason easily could make the difference in our season result. I’d say Elliott, Hurts, Slay and AJ are the key guys that are irreplaceable. Epps not on the same level but no idea what we do if he isn’t available either. 

There was a pass interference call wiping out a TD throw by Hurts. So he took it on himself and ran that sucker all the way in. Huge play by Hurts at a key point. 

5 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

OK, without Hams pom pom Hurts is Superintangibleman stuff,when we went down 14-0 what happened?(besides we scored 20) Did Hurts pull this team up with "intangibles" or was it just we executed because I don't see outstanding stats from Hurts. Did the defense spark the offense? I'm sure I will watch the game later and make my own call,but for now I am relying on you guys. BTW this was the #1 run defense going in and Sanders had a great day. Nice to see Sermon get a little taste too. So what turned this team from down 14 to a 20-14 lead and please be honest

Without my wisdom and foresight of being the only one to believe in Hurts? You guys were right…he’s just a bum that doesn’t deserve to start anywhere. Why aren’t we starting Shew like you wanted?

44 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

Josiah Scott not ready for prime time

Big shoes to fill. I know we got Slay and Bradberry but we are still thin in the secondary. We did pretty well with him going down and Maddox already out,but yeah we need to draft some decent guys to groom as their replacements. We knew we still had some holes to fill and we will,but that is really the only weakness we have is secondary depth

51 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

Not to nit pick but w/ Slay out Jags had plenty of open opportunities, wide open.

Isn't that how the got the 3rd TD?

If Mailata is out for some time not trading Dillard all of a suddden looks like genius.

Loved watching postgame reactions. Really shows you what Pedey meant to these players and coaches. Think I heard him saying how proud he was of Hurts in an embrace. Sad we lost him running things. I’d really like to know what would have happened if he got his way to run things his way more. Seems like most of his troubles as a coach here were forced on him by the FO. Only real knock I might have had on him was being a bit too attached to players. Think he approved of keep bringing Peters back…those type things.

6 minutes ago, Asg 15 said:

If Mailata is out for some time not trading Dillard all of a suddden looks like genius.

Who replaced him? Was it Driscoll?

12 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Loved watching postgame reactions. Really shows you what Pedey meant to these players and coaches. Think I heard him saying how proud he was of Hurts in an embrace. Sad we lost him running things. I’d really like to know what would have happened if he got his way to run things his way more. Seems like most of his troubles as a coach here were forced on him by the FO. Only real knock I might have had on him was being a bit too attached to players. Think he approved of keep bringing Peters back…those type things.

Who replaced him? Was it Driscoll?

Today yeah

Archived