Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

Driscoll has played really well so far in his career. Think having BG, who goes hard even every snap of practice, was just perfect for him. The old iron sharpens iron. It’s nice to have a stud bet at your position to mentor. Also is huge to face great players opposite you to prepare. Add in having a top coach and you have the perfect recipe to maximize any player. Think many fans just don’t realize these aspects. They just watch the Underwear Olympics and the talent a player possesses. Don’t think Randy Moss becomes Randy Moss without all that. Feel like we’ve mostly really believed in it and sone it really well threw all my years watching this franchise. Dline the main area we really believed in it. We’ll see it pay dividends at C I absolutely believe. If it isn’t this season, so be it. Jurgens is talented. But having Stout and Kelce going against Cox in practice is the perfect way to develop an all star player. 

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was wishing we had that pipeline going at DB. That two or three of these young DBs benefited and launched from it. Some how looks like we failed on that. McPherson feels like the only real hope. Epps did exactly that I’d say. Maddox I guess benefitted also now I think about it. Just wanted to pull that Diamond in the Rough at CB. Felt like we went overboard on young unproven talent to find it. Not sure what went wrong. Couldn’t develop or seems the blame lies on the decision of which guy would pay off. Will add at the end that I really like Blankenship at S. Think he could become that Diamond in the Rough S we need. Diamond might be too far….but solid good player. Thinking third S ceiling that we can get involved and utilize weekly. Feels like he clicked enough already that Harris and lesser Tartt were easily expendable. Always a balance between experience and youth. I agree with the theory/logic, whatever you call it, that played out. I go with the youth with all kinds of higher potential and future that can be tapped if he appears to be not much of a dropoff. I see Blankenship as not quite there yet probably….but he will, would have closed any dropoff gap during this season. 

4 hours ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Hmm if Ped was good why didn't we just lose Wentz and keep him? In Peds defense we never really gave him the tools like we have given Siri. We never gave Schwartz squat either

THAT was my question EXACTLY! I still want the answer to that question.

On the bright side, doesn't look like we'll be spending two 1st rd picks on a QB in either of the next 2 drafts

50 minutes ago, Asg 15 said:

If Mailata is out for some time not trading Dillard all of a suddden looks like genius.

If they really think this team can go a long way, they would be absolute fools to trade a linemen; especially a capable Left Tackle.

2 minutes ago, Senhorcook said:

THAT was my question EXACTLY! I still want the answer to that question.

Rosie wanted all the Super credit. Was forcing so much crap on Pedey. Pedey(read AR) need that speed WR for their O to be top notch. Rosie failed with personnel. Got caught by his backloading of contracts. But forced Pedey to fire Groh. A good young coach that needed to grow. Did the same to AR over this young coach McDermott. McDermotts growth as a coach was so quick and outstanding it clearly was a terrible move. Went straight to dominating as a DC. Then only a couple years later became a dominant HC.Then forced all these veteran senior assistants on Pedey. So he had these well respected very experienced coaches possibly undercutting Pedey. Been reported everywhere that Rosie ripped into Pedey even after wins about why he didn’t follow the analytics. So think Pedey knew he was going to force getting fired by Rosie. He needed to be given the power to do things his way. Earned that. But knew Rosie would fire him if he demanded that. I thought it was very obvious then how terrible Rosie meddling was doing. Almost everything Rosie forced Pedey to do took us down a notch. Can’t believe Rosie survived all that! I mean really. It’s almost like he had things so screwed up it saved his job. No respectable potential GM would want the job. Rosie was the only one that knew how to get out from under his cluster. 

See I think the problem with Rosie method is he sucks seemingly most the time. But when he puts two good off seasons together, like 2016-2017, 2021-2022 he didn’t clear the cap first. So he is squeezing our Championship window. So after 2017 we steadily went downhill. Mostly just think it’s about the dead money and backloaded contracts. We had a good amount of dead money in 2017…but it really hit us more after. All because he pays so heavily with future money. Think he maybe learned a few things here at least. He looks prepared to not stick with old players so much this time around. I just don’t agree with the method. Just easily makes more sense to me to clear the cap and build up a young core. Then you know you have a good team that you can ride with for awhile. Not one year then going down. Going up with a good team. Having the money to add the expensive fix that completes the puzzle. Draft, develop and make smart FA moves. Because adding that elite guy is the most expensive part. Thinking of like Deon Sanders in the day. AJ trade would qualify if you think we just needed him as the missing piece. A move like that is the logic. But think we were a step further away than being the Super team. Think he clearly solidified us in the second tier. Do we win the SB this year? My logic keeps pointing towards him jumping the gun a bit. 2017 was fantastic. He had to do things somewhat like he did in 2016-17 to prove himself and undo Chipper(All the stuff No Mas loved). So as good as things look this year, especially after such a train wreck we recently witnessed, my opinion is Rosie should have cleared the cap more first. That he’s strapping any potential Championship window. I really think he had a hot offseason. But question things because not sure we are going for it all this year. If we are all in this year giving away a potential first round pick hurts. Usually teams do the opposite, trade a future picks away to maximize the current season. Upside is being capstrapped you get a rookie pay guy in as your counterbalance. But this is me being real…and not in hindsight..,,that is how I see our franchise problem. We are 4-0. Power rank us on top. But I don’t get as wrapped in the moment. Enjoying it…but still recognize the serious flaw. Like No Mas calling AR the Bronze Standard. Feel this line of running a franchise is hard to get above Bronze standard. Could see us winning in the playoffs…but we lose much this offseason and will be extremely difficult to actually improve. Can’t just go get the obvious stud FA fix. The same logic I’ve tried to always explain. Many different scenarios we’ve seen it okay out. This version might be the most obvious one to play out what I’ve tried to explain though.

31 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Rosie wanted all the Super credit. Was forcing so much crap on Pedey. Pedey(read AR) need that speed WR for their O to be top notch. Rosie failed with personnel. Got caught by his backloading of contracts. But forced Pedey to fire Groh. A good young coach that needed to grow. Did the same to AR over this young coach McDermott. McDermotts growth as a coach was so quick and outstanding it clearly was a terrible move. Went straight to dominating as a DC. Then only a couple years later became a dominant HC.Then forced all these veteran senior assistants on Pedey. So he had these well respected very experienced coaches possibly undercutting Pedey. Been reported everywhere that Rosie ripped into Pedey even after wins about why he didn’t follow the analytics. So think Pedey knew he was going to force getting fired by Rosie. He needed to be given the power to do things his way. Earned that. But knew Rosie would fire him if he demanded that. I thought it was very obvious then how terrible Rosie meddling was doing. Almost everything Rosie forced Pedey to do took us down a notch. Can’t believe Rosie survived all that! I mean really. It’s almost like he had things so screwed up it saved his job. No respectable potential GM would want the job. Rosie was the only one that knew how to get out from under his cluster. 

First 2 lines was enough.  You had it all there... put the coach and QB to rest and go build a team.  Instead you give them OC by committee, Josh Adams at RB, Travis Fulgham and Greg Ward at WR.  

Injuries didn't help,but absolutely idiotic putting that crap around 2 main pieces who won you a SB in both of their 2nd years.    

It's past now... good job with this roster, but my fear, the cockiness sets in again after a little success.   Only difference this time is atleast the WRs are locked in long term at this point.  

1 hour ago, mjkline1958 said:

On the bright side, doesn't look like we'll be spending two 1st rd picks on a QB in either of the next 2 drafts

So was it Hurts who put the team on his bacK. His passing stats weren't very good

So you are Dullaz. Dak is set to come back, but Rush has won his first 4 starts (First Cowboy to do so). SO- What do you do????

Just now, GreenbleedinNC said:

So you are Dullaz. Dak is set to come back, but Rush has won his first 4 starts (First Cowboy to do so). SO- What do you do????

I mean Dak is going to come back in right? I don't think there's any doubt about that. 

7 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

So was it Hurts who put the team on his bacK. His passing stats weren't very good

In a driving rain his stats weren't bad

5 minutes ago, Asg 15 said:

In a driving rain his stats weren't bad

DIdn't know how bad it was

12 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I mean Dak is going to come back in right? I don't think there's any doubt about that. 

I'm sure he will,but the first time he struggles the QB controversy starts in Dullaz. Should be fun to watch 

GBNC, Hurts played very well after the mishap on the first drive. Weather conditions were awful! Sideways rain. Elliott missed an extra point due to the wind. Hurts is running smartly when he does run. He played well. He HELPED the team win. That’s his job. Doing it very, very well so far this year. They got down; the WHOLE team played complimentary football and turned things around. Nice team win.

14 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

DIdn't know how bad it was

Just saw highlights but watched the Baltimore, Bills game it was pretty much a dowmpour and Philly is pretty close

Rain was sideways. The missed pat you could see the flags whipping as a gust hit

Watching highlights. The refs in the GB - NE game should be canned. NE got a TD even tho they snapped the ball a full second after the clock ran out. Then GB had a perfectly good TD taken away even tho the WR obviously had control of the ball - glad GB won even tho I shouldn't be.

NO had a double doink to lose - haven't seen that in a few yrs

Seems like the pattern I am picking up with our coaches is they aren’t the best game planning each week. They are great at adjusting. Hence we score in the second quarter. Big games you get the big chess matches. Do they gotta be ready and maybe we’ve seen a bit of that counter adjustment by our our opponent in the third quarter. Felt today they made that next adjustment at the end to finish them. Important experience for our young coaches.

OK so basically then we all agree we sign Hurts to the big contract. The highlights on TV aren't showing the wind/rain. At any rate we can all agree now we don't need to look for a QB in round 1 next draft(I mean barring a total breakdown). I think we'll need to turn Minshew loose,so we need to find Hurts BU. Drafting a QB in 1/2 means they should start in a year,but if we sign Hurts to a LT deal,then that should be out,so I suspect we would search for a decent FA BU or grab a late rounder for that purpose. SB NP finding that guy in later rounds next draft

I’m seeing Sanders looking much more buff and focused. Guy just didn’t have much college experience. Had some injuries derail him after. Dude has a ton of tread left on his tires for a RB in a contract year. Really predicted he was a key component for us being special this season. Just looks like a very large gap between how good he is versus any of our other RBs even ceilings. Speaking of gaps. Our Oline has had a few issues at the beginning of this year and last. But if you don’t crowd the box…when they win they can really create massive lanes. I mean Gainwell was signing autographs on his way to the end zone. Hard to make any predictions on resigning Sanders. If he keeps doing well we might be able to sign him affordably. He keeps up scoring and 100 yard games while remaining healthy….he’ll hit FA. So just hoping he brings it this year. Might lose him…but he is special with the ball. Elusive yet they’ve taught him to be more North and South without dancing in the backfield. He clearly bulked up and became more physical. Hoping that helps him take the hits better to last. 

Speaking of being physical…..holy crap with the Hurts TD. These DBs going to have to make business decisions to tackle him. Just freaking would not be denied. He just clearly wanted it more and was not going to be denied. You never seen a QB truck the defender to get in the Redzone like that. Kind of hit and stopped almost even….but Hurts just willed himself over the goaline. Call me cheerleader or whatever….bada77!

Feel like Epps, Hurts, Mailata…..got that chip on their shoulder. Like everybody doubted them and didn’t want to give them the job. They just kept taking it. Love them showing people up. Mailata hopefully isn’t to bad.

AJ Brown refusing to tackle Cisco giving up a pick six is boggling. But I guess we just living with that flaw. 

Archived