Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

Mailata hurt his shoulder that play. AJ makes that tackle…or even tries(then at least help would have been able to arrive)….Mailata doesn’t get hurt. 

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

I'm sure he will,but the first time he struggles the QB controversy starts in Dullaz. Should be fun to watch 

Oh for sure it is going to be a lot of fun to watch unfold!

Seems crazy that Hurts has thrown for more yards than Mahomes and Brady so far this season.

We lead the league in sacks. Huge turnaround from last season. Of coarse playing Carson Wentz feels like an unfair advantage.

4 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I’m seeing Sanders looking much more buff and focused. Guy just didn’t have much college experience. Had some injuries derail him after. Dude has a ton of tread left on his tires for a RB in a contract year. Really predicted he was a key component for us being special this season. Just looks like a very large gap between how good he is versus any of our other RBs even ceilings. Speaking of gaps. Our Oline has had a few issues at the beginning of this year and last. But if you don’t crowd the box…when they win they can really create massive lanes. I mean Gainwell was signing autographs on his way to the end zone. Hard to make any predictions on resigning Sanders. If he keeps doing well we might be able to sign him affordably. He keeps up scoring and 100 yard games while remaining healthy….he’ll hit FA. So just hoping he brings it this year. Might lose him…but he is special with the ball. Elusive yet they’ve taught him to be more North and South without dancing in the backfield. He clearly bulked up and became more physical. Hoping that helps him take the hits better to last. 

You made the correct point.  The defense needs to crowd the box.   I'm still waiting for an opponent who figures that out.  

15 hours ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Anyway this was a game I wanted so "see" Nice to see Sanders over 100,he needed it. So in everyones estimation did Hurts "lead the team" or was it team execution. I'm happy we scored after 1/2 time(for a change). Was this a game where you would say "I'm all in on Hurts"? Seems the D was super awesome once again. I hope Slay/Mail will be ok. Seems like most credit should go to the running game?

Hurts "Managed" this game well. Sometimes as a QB, you only need to make sure your team is in the right line up and the play called is correct. Hurts did that. I am not blaming him for that INT either. Should he have made a better choice? Certainly. But I like the aggressiveness. Had it been Brown or Smith I do not think the result would have been the same.

11 hours ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

DIdn't know how bad it was

Hurts did a good job. Did you look at Trevor's stats?

9 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Seems like the pattern I am picking up with our coaches is they aren’t the best game planning each week. They are great at adjusting. Hence we score in the second quarter. Big games you get the big chess matches. Do they gotta be ready and maybe we’ve seen a bit of that counter adjustment by our our opponent in the third quarter. Felt today they made that next adjustment at the end to finish them. Important experience for our young coaches.

I think the game plan against Minnesota was spot on. It was also different than the game plan in Detroit. The Game plan against Washington seemed spot on too....

9 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I’m seeing Sanders looking much more buff and focused. Guy just didn’t have much college experience. Had some injuries derail him after. Dude has a ton of tread left on his tires for a RB in a contract year. Really predicted he was a key component for us being special this season. Just looks like a very large gap between how good he is versus any of our other RBs even ceilings. Speaking of gaps. Our Oline has had a few issues at the beginning of this year and last. But if you don’t crowd the box…when they win they can really create massive lanes. I mean Gainwell was signing autographs on his way to the end zone. Hard to make any predictions on resigning Sanders. If he keeps doing well we might be able to sign him affordably. He keeps up scoring and 100 yard games while remaining healthy….he’ll hit FA. So just hoping he brings it this year. Might lose him…but he is special with the ball. Elusive yet they’ve taught him to be more North and South without dancing in the backfield. He clearly bulked up and became more physical. Hoping that helps him take the hits better to last. 

I do not think The Eagles will be able to afford Sanders. His injury history would make me hesitate also. I say draft one next year round 2

6 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

AJ Brown refusing to tackle Cisco giving up a pick six is boggling. But I guess we just living with that flaw. 

He said after the game, that he was going for the strip as defensive players do not hold the ball well. Then he got blocked out. He said Hindsight he should have just attempted to make the tackle. Yes, his statement was BS, but at least he took the blame. Ignoring it would have been much worse....

On a dry day and our injuries, this could have been a loss. Communication in the secondary seemed screwed up, too many Jags wide open.

Liked seeing how Sermon ran

Davis only saw 17 snaps

One thing I did not read on here: Doug Pederson's play calling.......

Didn't anyone else notice how he abandoned the running game so early? One thing Jacksonville did well, was to run the ball on us. Yet he continued to try and pass it with these terrible conditions! Thank you Doug. I appreciate your stubbornness....

Starting out as 6 pt favs vs the Cards. Sirianni better have the sound guys blasting crowd noise at practice, that's one loud stadium.

Eagles are gonna have to take Mailata to the  Philly zoo to get an MRI

7 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Oh for sure it is going to be a lot of fun to watch unfold!

We'll find out in 2 weeks LOL. Watched the Cards game,they look similar to us,but not as good. it's in Glendale,but if we put our noses to the grindstone we can win Mailata and Slay playing would be nice

2 hours ago, stine said:

Hurts "Managed" this game well. Sometimes as a QB, you only need to make sure your team is in the right line up and the play called is correct. Hurts did that. I am not blaming him for that INT either. Should he have made a better choice? Certainly. But I like the aggressiveness. Had it been Brown or Smith I do not think the result would have been the same.

Well then I think he did enough for us to say(barring a meltdown 180) that we as fans can plan on him being paid and as our QB going forward. This is what I am basically hearing from everyone, that we should proceed on the premise we will NOT be looking to replace him

2 hours ago, stine said:

Hurts did a good job. Did you look at Trevor's stats?

Yeah He's going to be a top flight NFL QB in time,or with the right team. He's still young and can be rattled,but once he outgrows that he will be a terrific QB. I suspect that will happen this season. Didn't take him much time to score and get them to 21.

2 hours ago, stine said:

I do not think The Eagles will be able to afford Sanders. His injury history would make me hesitate also. I say draft one next year round 2

I hesitate to say this,but there is one round 1 RB next draft. He has it all,really no weakness in his game. He's pretty far above the rest, but once again would Howie draft a RB in round 1? I don't see any other round 1 worth RB's at this point. I like Sermon as a RBBC RB,but if we had to lose Sanders the kid next draft would be fine. He is actually a 3 down RB which we really don't use,but there is extended "tread life" if we used him as a 2 down and 3 if he's on a hot streak

2 hours ago, stine said:

I think the game plan against Minnesota was spot on. It was also different than the game plan in Detroit. The Game plan against Washington seemed spot on too....

Game plan in Detroit was awful,they ran amok. We tightened things down but were lucky to escape a loss. Week 1 ia always tough to plan for because you really haven't seen anything yet and are basing it on last years squad. Lions are much improved and they will give people problems all year

3 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Game plan in Detroit was awful,they ran amok. We tightened things down but were lucky to escape a loss. Week 1 ia always tough to plan for because you really haven't seen anything yet and are basing it on last years squad. Lions are much improved and they will give people problems all year

Well, the offense did well, but the Defense played more a of a safe one. As you said, it was the first game. So I feel it was the correct one, even though it did not work as well as planned. Plus Week 1 is still PS for all teams...

I still like my "undraftable" QB from Tennessee who is now going(consensus) around 71(early 3). I don't see him staying there. The down thing is even if we snagged him in round 2  as Hurts BU he would have to sit a number of years behind Hurts,so IDK that we do that. Not fair to him,but I would like a late round QB with upside who isn't expecting to be a starter because we need to turn Shew loose to see if he can start somewhere. If there are no takers, I re-sign Shew also at BU pay. I thought Hooker could be that guy,but he is blowing everyone away. At the time he was listed as a round 6/7,but he should be a 1 early 2 at draft time so now I need to find another one lol

7 minutes ago, stine said:

Well, the offense did well, but the Defense played more a of a safe one. As you said, it was the first game. So I feel it was the correct one, even though it did not work as well as planned. Plus Week 1 is still PS for all teams...

It was a superb game from a coaches standpoint in that we saw what was exposed and Siri did a great job of fixing that for the VIkes. I was really expecting to lose that game and how we shut down Cook AND JJ was a real treat to see(killed me in fantasy because I have both lol). Alot of top RB's are getting creamed. I have Taylor from Indy in 1 league he is a bust so far

9 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

It was a superb game from a coaches standpoint in that we saw what was exposed and Siri did a great job of fixing that for the VIkes. I was really expecting to lose that game and how we shut down Cook AND JJ was a real treat to see(killed me in fantasy because I have both lol). Alot of top RB's are getting creamed. I have Taylor from Indy in 1 league he is a bust so far

It was a good exposure game for the Lions also,since that game both teams have tightened things up considerably. St' Brown is a better WR I thought he would be. Olave did ok with Thomas out and Dalton at QB. I'm not a Winston fan and suspect NO will be in the QB draft hunt next year. Tough game for Olave,they didn't have Kamara either but he still got 2 TD's I believe. he was Andys only real weapon

Blown away by Mahomes and AR’s annihilation of Bowles D. Most points his D ever given up.

Archived