Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

Plenty of FA at a position I’m not forcing keeping my guy

I mean you try and maybe see what’s the outlook for any of your FA. Like is CGJ even interested in coming back here as an option?

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Resources aren’t unlimited.

Right and why the re-signs need done first,so you can see what's LEFT to do

4 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Easy example you can relate too. Last season at WR. Was there a clear dropoff at a point?

It's that way for every position. At what point does the drop off player become a "reach" just because I need a body? Not a good approach and as you know you aren't getting every choice you dream of

2 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

So what if he will settle for 12,that throws your modeling all off. What of he wants 16? again your model can be tossed because it changed everything. Why I feel you do the re-signs. After those are all done,then you can run your model. No need to do that before because it will change anyhow

I’m not focusing on one player so much. Looking at quality and quantity by position.

Just now, GreenbleedinNC said:

It's that way for every position. At what point does the drop off player become a "reach" just because I need a body? Not a good approach and as you know you aren't getting every choice you dream of

Not equal at all between positions. 

1 minute ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I’m not focusing on one player so much. Looking at quality and quantity by position.

It's trickier this year we don't have 10 picks we have 4 basically. Picks are not unlimited

This draft class stringer in certain areas at certain points in the draft. Always that way…but changes year to year.

4 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Plenty of FA at a position I’m not forcing keeping my guy

I mean you try and maybe see what’s the outlook for any of your FA. Like is CGJ even interested in coming back here as an option?

No clue,but you try that first,if he accepts,that position changes your entire model you ran

If you have butt loads of slot WR in the day three of the draft…and a strong FA class of Slot WR….makes me more hesitant to trade up in the first round for a guy at that position.

No clue,but you try that first,if he accepts,that position changes your entire model you ran

That’s how I used mock drafting in Fantasy Football also. If the stud bell cow RBs dropoff at pick 22…you better get on that…or just go string the rest of the teAm trying to zig while they zag.

3 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

We have 4 picks 1,1,2,3 There are plenty of good players in all 3 rounds. Make your first pick at 10,then you go from there. it may not be the guy you wanted,he may be gone,and now your model changed and you are on the clock.

2 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

If you have butt loads of slot WR in the day three of the draft…and a strong FA class of Slot WR….makes me more hesitant to trade up in the first round for a guy at that position.

Why not find out who is staying first? Why would I use the 10 pick on a S if CJG is returning if there is a gaping hole elsewhere?

That’s how I used mock drafting in Fantasy Football also. If the stud bell cow RBs dropoff at pick 22…you better get on that…or just go string the rest of the teAm trying to zig while they zag.

Except in fantasy you cannot trade picks LOL,you are stuck in a certain order,not so on draft day

I’ll beat you every time if you don’t consider the whole team picture. Many ways to go usually. But when you simultaneously the situation enough..you start realizing..my Secondary going to stink if I don’t get on that early. But I can still get that other position with a much less dropoffZ

2 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

We have 4 picks 1,1,2,3 There are plenty of good players in all 3 rounds. Make your first pick at 10,then you go from there. it may not be the guy you wanted,he may be gone,and now your model changed and you are on the clock.

Why not find out who is staying first? Why would I use the 10 pick on a S if CJG is returning if there is a gaping hole elsewhere?

I never said that. Sorry you lost on my point

1 minute ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Except in fantasy you cannot trade picks LOL,you are stuck in a certain order,not so on draft day

We could trade picks in my leagues.. but not many times did it happen

Do you want Kelce at TE? Or you going with Engram?

So Ham let me ask you. i got bashed for this. if Sanders goes away(which seems very likely) do you take Gibbs at pick 31 as some mocks have it? Or do you stick to whatever model you created 5 months before the draft?

I’ll beat you every time if you don’t consider the whole team picture. Many ways to go usually. But when you simultaneously the situation enough..you start realizing..my Secondary going to stink if I don’t get on that early. But I can still get that other position with a much less dropoffZ

I never said that. Sorry you lost on my point

The point is your model is useless now because the S it shows you should take is not needed. Thats destroys the model right away

So Ham let me ask you. i got bashed for this. if Sanders goes away(which seems very likely) do you take Gibbs at pick 31 as some mocks have it? Or do you stick to whatever model you created 5 months before the draft?

You just aren’t getting how I I’d operate as GM. Gotta be flexible. But you already have a decent idea of the quantity and tier levels by position

We could trade picks in my leagues.. but not many times did it happen

Do you want Kelce at TE? Or you going with Engram?

Well that's cool because every league I played in was a snake draft and it's set once the draft begins

The point is your model is useless now because the S it shows you should take is not needed. Thats destroys the model right away

You have no idea what I’m trying to explain. Sorry. Just aren’t understanding this basic technique of how most all GMs pretty much operate Id speculate.

You just aren’t getting how I I’d operate as GM. Gotta be flexible. But you already have a decent idea of the quantity and tier levels by position

It would be difficult to find bad picks in 3 rounds. After that it is more difficult making them count. Zech was a round 4 pick,does he play? No but Blankenship does and he was undrafted

Well that's cool because every league I played in was a snake draft and it's set once the draft begins

Do you never look to see the difference between going QB first or RB and so on. By position mocking all different ways to go. Then comparing the different ways and choosing the best team option. 

You have no idea what I’m trying to explain. Sorry. Just aren’t understanding this basic technique of how most all GMs pretty much operate Id speculate.

LOL no you aren't understanding that making models is useless if you don't know who is staying here yet

It would be difficult to find bad picks in 3 rounds. After that it is more difficult making them count. Zech was a round 4 pick,does he play? No but Blankenship does and he was undrafted

I have no idea what your point  is? Just wing everything…because undrafted guys outperform drafted guys at times. I don’t know.

As such my early mock will probably change depending on what moves we make before hand

Archived