Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

Like you making the point Brady was a sixth round pick. It’s more valuable than a second round pick. No idea. It happens. But I’m grading players and my second round guys I expect more from than the seventh round guys. If you go first round to sit bench…then undrafted for both starting S options day one..good luck with that 

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, cunninghamtheman said:

I have no idea what your point  is? Just wing everything…because undrafted guys outperform drafted guys at times. I don’t know.

Your point was "make a computer model,and those are useless to do because that will change even on draft day. The board you have is your model.leave the computer out of it. You should know your targets on draft day if you have done the research. i make my board from that research not what a computer prints out. Now if you had said you run a comp model on every player,I could buy that,but not a modeling of who I should pick because the comp can't tell you what their characters are,what their work ethic is, what their attitudes are. All that should factor in to your big board targeted players,not what a comp spits out

3 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Like you making the point Brady was a sixth round pick. It’s more valuable than a second round pick. No idea. It happens. But I’m grading players and my second round guys I expect more from than the seventh round guys. If you go first round to sit bench…then undrafted for both starting S options day one..good luck with that 

Right you grade them. Doesn't mean you take them. Like I said if CJG signs and I have a S at the 10 pick,that changes my board if I have needs somewhere else. I'm not taking 4 S's because the comp tells me to

So for me making a draft model is about useless. I would do the tiers as you suggested and from that I would make my draft pick based on what I need to fill,but that is a million miles away yet. My mocks right now are useless,but I do them to see who is out there. And why Joe gets mad when I put a mock up. Because he is right,they are useless at this point. I do it for fun mostly. Really there should be nothing on your board until after the combine and you refine it from there doing interviews and such

11 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

So you would take a S at pick 10 and bench him if CJG resigns? Wasted pick in my view if I need a ROT. My round 1 guys should start. JMO. QB may be a bit different,but a 1 pick at QB should not bench ride for more than a year,why the GB pick was a head scratcher. Arod my be going away this time,but he has been on the bench for most of his career(love has),so they have wasted 3 years of a 5 year rookie deal IMO

2 hours ago, joemas6 said:

I hope so...because " Pedey" shouldn't know squat about this particular Eagles team. 

"Pedey" LMFAO

It's a shame our 1st Super Bowl winning coach doesn't garner more respect. I doubt his friends even call him that. 

32 minutes ago, EaglesTD123 said:

"Pedey" LMFAO

It's a shame our 1st Super Bowl winning coach doesn't garner more respect. I doubt his friends even call him that. 

I’m sure mostly called Coach

40 minutes ago, EaglesTD123 said:

"Pedey" LMFAO

Could have been worse..could have stopped learning to count at three. 

57 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Right you grade them. Doesn't mean you take them. Like I said if CJG signs and I have a S at the 10 pick,that changes my board if I have needs somewhere else. I'm not taking 4 S's because the comp tells me to

I’m not sure I disagree with your viewpoint or not. You completely not giving any feedback or examples that are towards my viewpoint. Seems very simple to me anyway. 

In what planet did I remotely say just taking one position always? Pretty sure everything I said was completely contrary to that In fact

2 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I’m not sure I disagree with your viewpoint or not. You completely not giving any feedback or examples that are towards my viewpoint. Seems very simple to me anyway. 

In what planet did I remotely say just taking one position always? Pretty sure everything I said was completely contrary to that In fact

So what do you do if your computer model kicks out 4 S's  as the best 4 picks???? i in rounds 1,1,2,and 3? And let's assume we re-signed CJG. Not hard to understand is it? Just a simple question---what would you do?

4 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

So please explain in more detail what your point is here. We both saying that somewhat. But really think not saying the same thing at all

I'm saying pay CGJ... compared to other guys at his position around the league... and for this team...he makes a difference.  Look at the games he missed.  Look at when he plays.  He has basically had a Lane Johnson effect.   That should be the priority signing.  If it cost me Epps and Edwards...so be it. 

Sanders you see is along for the ride.  He got the stats this year...I think absolutely by design.  You see Scott and Gainwell run, there is no way you can tell me Sanders is a difference maker.  Especially after seeing the team be #1 in rushing last year without him rushing so much.  This year seemed like they went out of their way to try to get him stats, just for them to say " look how good he is"  but he brings nothing extra for short yardage, passing or any of the key downs that decide a game.   

That money should go towards other offensive players which they can figure out later. 

11 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

So what do you do if your computer model kicks out 4 S's  as the best 4 picks???? i in rounds 1,1,2,and 3? And let's assume we re-signed CJG. Not hard to understand is it? Just a simple question---what would you do?

I didnt think the offseason strategy plan I was describing was hard to understand. But clearly I haven’t been getting through to you to grasp. Could go round and round trying to clarify my viewpoint versus your scenarios that aren’t representing my view. Your question is just such a clear counter to what I’m even saying. 

5 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Every position has to be considered. They all matter to each other. Have to. Limited resources. It is complicated. Do the same for fantasy football. You mock draft and see where you can get quality at a position later. So that  raises your ability to grab studs at positions that are weak later.

I’m trying to respectfully completely disagree.

Your oversimplification is just not looking at the job to me. You have no big picture views.

Ham ... let's simplify. 

Just look at the defense.   We both agree we will have 11 guys on the field next year for every play.  

Who you want out there?   

Btw... I believe I have the exact big picture view....the long term.  I believe you are too nervous about taking a step back and just looking at next year. 

Look, CGJ is a good player, did we know he was going to be this good?   Did you think Epps and Edwards were irreplaceable guys coming into this season?   What changed?

You have to take into consideration players develop.  Coaches bring along players.  I know it's hard for you to give credit to anyone in the organization besides Hurts.. buy face the facts here.   We have an excellent group of young coaches.   

They basically won 2 playoffs games... dominated...without much help from QB1 or RB1. 

Now back to CGJ, Epps and Edwards.   Don't you think it's completely possible that CGJ was a difference maker for those 2 guys?   

You don't think it's possible to find adequate replacements for those 2.  You don't think it's very possible that if we signed those 2 but not CGJ, that they both could take a step backwards?

In either case you need to replace one S right?    Why wouldn't you prefer to replace Epps instead of CGJ?   Look at the situation, you see vets look to sign prove it deals all the time.  You don't think we would be at the top of the list for some defensive guys and RBs to come here?

Much easier to find those guys than impact players.

Btw.  Sanders completely untouched on both TD runs Sunday,  please don't tell me he couldn't be replaced with a late round pick...like the guy we are facing next week.   RBs are found all the time in late rounds.  Not huge investments at all.

7 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Resources aren’t unlimited.

Right.... that's why Dallas hasn't won since buying Haley and Dion.  You actually have to allocate now and choose what to prioritize.  

7 hours ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

So for me making a draft model is about useless. I would do the tiers as you suggested and from that I would make my draft pick based on what I need to fill,but that is a million miles away yet. My mocks right now are useless,but I do them to see who is out there. And why Joe gets mad when I put a mock up. Because he is right,they are useless at this point. I do it for fun mostly. Really there should be nothing on your board until after the combine and you refine it from there doing interviews and such

Not mad...just find it comical.  BTW, I want Jones round 2.

2 hours ago, joemas6 said:

Ham ... let's simplify. 

Just look at the defense.   We both agree we will have 11 guys on the field next year for every play.  

Who you want out there?   

Btw... I believe I have the exact big picture view....the long term.  I believe you are too nervous about taking a step back and just looking at next year. 

Look, CGJ is a good player, did we know he was going to be this good?   Did you think Epps and Edwards were irreplaceable guys coming into this season?   What changed?

You have to take into consideration players develop.  Coaches bring along players.  I know it's hard for you to give credit to anyone in the organization besides Hurts.. buy face the facts here.   We have an excellent group of young coaches.   

They basically won 2 playoffs games... dominated...without much help from QB1 or RB1. 

Now back to CGJ, Epps and Edwards.   Don't you think it's completely possible that CGJ was a difference maker for those 2 guys?   

You don't think it's possible to find adequate replacements for those 2.  You don't think it's very possible that if we signed those 2 but not CGJ, that they both could take a step backwards?

In either case you need to replace one S right?    Why wouldn't you prefer to replace Epps instead of CGJ?   Look at the situation, you see vets look to sign prove it deals all the time.  You don't think we would be at the top of the list for some defensive guys and RBs to come here?

Much easier to find those guys than impact players.

Btw.  Sanders completely untouched on both TD runs Sunday,  please don't tell me he couldn't be replaced with a late round pick...like the guy we are facing next week.   RBs are found all the time in late rounds.  Not huge investments at all.

Oversimplify you mean. Of coarse you’d prefer the 19 mil guy over the 7 mil guy always. The cheaper guy is practically by definition more abundant and replaceable. Your assumptions about my thoughts are incorrect. 

8 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Right.... that's why Dallas hasn't won since buying Haley and Dion.  You actually have to allocate now and choose what to prioritize.  

Head Coaches that stink hold them back. Their roster has been contender level for years. They won a playoff game just this year though…so you’ll have to adjust your little joke now.

Edwards has been leading this D more than just this year. He deserves and earned some money and to get paid. Made peanuts so far from us…as the guy calling the plays. Not a good look to the players if he didn’t earn it from our FO

1 minute ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Edwards has been leading this D more than just this year. He deserves and earned some money and to get paid. Made peanuts so far from us…as the guy calling the plays. Not a good look to the players if he didn’t earn it from our FO

I think the front office has earned the good look.  Very understandable to choose CGJ over any defensive free agent.  What are the ages of the players?

Cincy S is an All Pro S pending FA. You that sure Ceedy Duce is a better option than him at any cost? I don’t believe CGJ desires to remain even. Anyway…your viewpoint just to simple and not a big enough picture view for my liking. I’m not saying my way is against trying to resign him even. 

Edward born August 1996

CGJ born December 1997

Very understandable for an organization to keep the younger guy...5 year deal he would turn 30 the last month of the 5th year.   Compared to prior to year 4 for Edwards.

Business decision... if using computer...this should be considered. 

2 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Cincy S is an All Pro S pending FA. You that sure Ceedy Duce is a better option than him at any cost? I don’t believe CGJ desires to remain even. Anyway…your viewpoint just to simple and not a big enough picture view for my liking. I’m not saying my way is against trying to resign him even. 

Pending... what happens if Cincy signs him?  Which we know teams keep their guys as step 1 of the offseason.

Btw...if you are truly looking at impending free agents... no way you would pay Sanders. 

6 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

I think the front office has earned the good look.  Very understandable to choose CGJ over any defensive free agent.  What are the ages of the players?

Cincy S finished his rookie contract

2 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Edward born August 1996

CGJ born December 1997

Very understandable for an organization to keep the younger guy...5 year deal he would turn 30 the last month of the 5th year.   Compared to prior to year 4 for Edwards.

Business decision... if using computer...this should be considered. 

Of coarse age should be considered. So will cap charges for each player. Somehow you comparing two players not near getting the same pay scale. Acting like the super expensive guy obviously should be kept as he’s a better player. I see hence the massive pay to balance out. I can foresee keeping CGJ and losing Edwards. Or keeping Edwards and losing CGJ. Scenarios where both can be retained. Or neither. But with a salary cap what you exactly can’t do is compare a guy that makes 19 mil per to a a guy making 8-9 mil. Not apples to apples comparison. Like Mac and Cheese vs mashed potatoes more.

Archived