Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

4 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

It's really not worth discussing.   It's all abstract...theory BS.  Nothing really concrete to discuss.  

IDK for me getting "trophy guys" is part of "the big plan". Getting Suh and Joseph were part of the "CYA  ALL IN" maybe we keep one of those 2 as a BU,but I'm still set on an edge with pick 10

2 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Or sign  a cheap FA...or maybe a current guy steps up...who knows .  You don't need all the answers now.

KC making it to Superbowl...where did their secondary play ball last year?  

Right,thats what I was saying to Ham,step 1 re-sign the guys you can. get that done before you plan anything else

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Asg 15 said:

Kelce seems to think he is

Yeah he said that,then again what else would he say "Gee this guys sucks?" I'm sure watching him in practice,the coaches would know. Seems to be the heir apparent. Did he take any snaps this season? IDK myself

4 minutes ago, Asg 15 said:

Kelce seems to think he is

I have Tyrell Wright at ROT in round 2. Played for the Vols protecting Hooker for when Lane hangs it up. a FA RG should not be hard to find if we need that

13 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Or sign  a cheap FA...or maybe a current guy steps up...who knows .  You don't need all the answers now.

KC making it to Superbowl...where did their secondary play ball last year?  

Zech looks like a bad pick so far,not contributing. Maybe he is a slow learner,not even called in as a BU that I am aware of? Team has more patience than I do but he looks replaceable

48 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Would be great for him to get a TD carry.  GB has been talking about it for years 

..saving it for the Superbowl...well, here we are.

They could work our a play w/ Dickerson blocking, Kelce pulling.

1 minute ago, mjkline1958 said:

They could work our a play w/ Dickerson blocking, Kelce pulling.

I would be afraid he would take them out too HAHAHA. I mean he carried 4 guys 20 yards in rugby. Would be a wonderful SB memory for him and may be another Sb record there. There is no next week,pull out all the stops

39 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

https://sports.yahoo.com/eagles-set-add-twin-brother-173112932.html

Don't know about this move. If it's for merch, business ops it's ok. Don't want a bean counter having anything to do with managing players and/or cap

You have a problem with a bean counter helping with salary cap. Aren’t both jobs mostly math?

A.J. Brown averaged a career-high 4.5 yards per route against press coverage this season, the most in a season in the NGS era (min. 100 routes). Brown has gained a league-high +572 receiving yards over expected vs press since being drafted in 2019.

OK, I give in. With 13 days to go and not caring about where Brady or AR play ( or if ), tired of the Kelce bowl and although I enjoy cooking if I hear umami one more time ( esp from peeps who don't even know what it means ) swear I'm going to scream! I don't usually delve into the draft this early but as I'm still recuperating from the operation, it seems there are a few areas we need to spend our limited picks at. Sure HR more than likely will move things around, the only things we can go on is where we're currently picking. 

All the talk about cap there are some areas where we're expected to lose players, one being CB Bradberry. Really think he's going to get overpaid - let that happen elsewhere. Slay is also getting older. Christian Gonzalez would be a great pick here and imo is the best CB in the draft. Have seen some saying we could trade back 2 spots w/ Houston and still land him. Witherspoon is ranked higher but he's only 6'.  Knowing HR he'll go lines so if Myles Murphy's is there I'd have no complaints

27 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

You have a problem with a bean counter helping with salary cap. Aren’t both jobs mostly math?

What's he know about building a team? That's HR's job

22 hours ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

You bet. Not many picks this time around,lets see if he uses them or trades back. We are really good at finding UDFA's. We have 2- 7 picks,which we can use on BU's(ones with promise that maybe aren't there yet). I'm glad we are set at WR although it's possible we can still add better BU's. Luckily we haven't had to go there

But we do have 3 picks in the first 2 rounds. And I can see Howie trading back too.

19 hours ago, joemas6 said:

Right...like you can't hold onto Sanders and overpay just to be sentimental.   The business mind needs to take charge this particular offseason.   

Agreed. I'd like to see Sanders back but not for a big price. 

1 hour ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

A.J. Brown averaged a career-high 4.5 yards per route against press coverage this season, the most in a season in the NGS era (min. 100 routes). Brown has gained a league-high +572 receiving yards over expected vs press since being drafted in 2019.

Perfect fit here...changed the whole approach against Hurts. 

1 hour ago, mjkline1958 said:

What's he know about building a team? That's HR's job

Right....football is one thing...if he is brought in for cap, wouldn't a bean counter be a perfect guy to add? 

The Philadelphia Eagles have been to 7 NFC Championship Games since the Dallas Cowboys have last been to one.

Additionally the Eagles have now been to 3 Super Bowls since the Dallas Cowboys have last been in just the title game (obvs they won one).

Through the NFL you can get a cheap seat to the SB for $6,700 - that's nothing included! I'm just fine on the couch or at the bar.

Archived