Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

28 minutes ago, Asg 15 said:

I remember the so called "Experts" saying the arrogant Eagles wasted a 7th on someone who never played football.

Purdy was a round 7,last pick made too

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

You have no idea what I’m trying to explain. Sorry. Just aren’t understanding this basic technique of how most all GMs pretty much operate Id speculate.

Their technique is making computer models with pre set information??? And taking those into the war room right now?? And I'm telling you that's not how it works,yet that has what you've been telling me. Maybe it's you who isn't understanding? Making computer models who to pick doesn't work. There are "human factors".You are always screaming about intangibles,surely you can understand this? For me that is a useless waste of time until after the combine. Even then I don't run a comp sim. I start making  my board based on scouts input and decisions made by the top brass,no computer model.Maybe Howie was doing that before?? Maybe that's what changed having success the last 2 drafts? personally IDK,but if the comp chose Reagor over JJ,then you need to unplug the damn thing

3 hours ago, joemas6 said:

Pending... what happens if Cincy signs him?  Which we know teams keep their guys as step 1 of the offseason.

Btw...if you are truly looking at impending free agents... no way you would pay Sanders. 

Cincy wanted to. Broke off negotiations. Then drafted a late first rounder because they knew that he was on his way out. See, you gotta pay attention to everything going on across the league to make any of these decisions. I can’t see not having an understanding of most all the options of the landscape before you can really dig in. Sanders…or anybody. That’s my position and only way I’d look at it. Try and come up with some form of a master plan of options. Then you start moving. Adjust and adapt accordingly by each move. I’m not trying to collect a few shiny trophy pieces. I’m trying to build the best TEAM going forward. 

1 hour ago, mjkline1958 said:

Kelce still more than capable - best C in the league imo.. Hargrave playing at a high level.

Sipposs ready to return

I would imagine even the haters would prefer Sipposs over the guy who punted Sunday?   You don't need those 3 yards,  just avoid disaster.  The guy Sunday was a circus show.

26 minutes ago, Asg 15 said:

And he's only 25. 

Yeah we really scored on that left side, Dickerson is young too. Now we need to hit on the right side replacemnts and hope that Jurgens is the answer for when Kelce departs

1 minute ago, joemas6 said:

I would imagine even the haters would prefer Sipposs over the guy who punted Sunday?   You don't need those 3 yards,  just avoid disaster.  The guy Sunday was a circus show.

Yeah pretty bad. We found LA their kicker(Dicker),wondering if that is the same scout that reco'd this fool. I would assume both fall under the ST's scouting dept?

6 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I’m not trying to collect a few shiny trophy pieces.

Oh I am,so is Howie. Trophys' like Slay, Bradberry, CJG, AJ. Love those trophies on my mantel

56 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

Would be great for him to get a TD carry.  GB has been talking about it for years 

..saving it for the Superbowl...well, here we are.

Just now, GreenbleedinNC said:

Oh I am,so is Howie. Trophys' like Slay, Bradberry, CJG, AJ. Love those trophies on my mantel

Slay he absolutely made happen. Got me it should have been half a year earlier though obviously. All our CBsget injured and he failed to make it happen. Then gets it done the next season. That part really sucks. The other three he really lucked into after failing so terribly with any other real answer. You could look at those trophies very easily as the success of the GM of the year’s worst failures.

16 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

personally IDK,but if the comp chose Reagor over JJ,then you need to unplug the damn thing

This is great!!!!   Lol

2 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Would be great for him to get a TD carry.  GB has been talking about it for years 

LOL, yep I said that,back when he wasn't our starting LT and was thinking about ways to use him 

4 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Got get all the pieces together…then you get the BIG ONE THAT MATTERS!

11 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Cincy wanted to. Broke off negotiations. Then drafted a late first rounder because they knew that he was on his way out. See, you gotta pay attention to everything going on across the league to make any of these decisions. I can’t see not having an understanding of most all the options of the landscape before you can really dig in. Sanders…or anybody. That’s my position and only way I’d look at it. Try and come up with some form of a master plan of options. Then you start moving. Adjust and adapt accordingly by each move. I’m not trying to collect a few shiny trophy pieces. I’m trying to build the best TEAM going forward. 

Master plan worked great this year!

3 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Slay he absolutely made happen. Got me it should have been half a year earlier though obviously. All our CBsget injured and he failed to make it happen. Then gets it done the next season. That part really sucks. The other three he really lucked into after failing so terribly with any other real answer. You could look at those trophies very easily as the success of the GM of the year’s worst failures.

SO Howie righted the ship and you want to now blow that all up? SO would you try to re-sign CJG or take a chance and let hoim walk and try to sign the cincy kid along with 31 other teams? Me I'll take the easy way out and try to CJG re-sign first. if he accepts I'm not getting the cincy guy

2 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Right step 1 (for me) Resign the guys that made you successful. I do nothing else until step 1 is done

See..can't just give the compliment...gotta get that backhanded comment in there.   Always I would have done this or a but.   

Howie....great job this year...best in the league for 2022.   That's enough.  Try it for once.  Then just make the next post about things you would do differently. 

23 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Purdy was a round 7,last pick made too

Edwards was undrafted leading our D calling plays.

3 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Master plan worked great this year!

Nobody asked about your love life with Righty

7 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

I still think for Mailata,making him "tackle eligible" and letting him mow down 4 guys from the 2 would put a smile on his face

2 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

SO Howie righted the ship and you want to now blow that all up? SO would you try to re-sign CJG or take a chance and let hoim walk and try to sign the cincy kid along with 31 other teams? Me I'll take the easy way out and try to CJG re-sign first. if he accepts I'm not getting the cincy guy

Right step 1 (for me) Resign the guys that made you successful. I do nothing else until step 1 is done

I mean...if we resign CGJ...you start your secondary with CGJ, Slay, Maddox and Blankenship....that's a pretty good foundation to start the offseason.  A lot better than what we had to start 2022 with.

Edwards was undrafted leading our D calling plays.

Nobody asked about your love life with Righty

See Cook....only self defense.   

6 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

So those guys you don't consider trophys? Ok well then we disagree again

1 minute ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

I still think for Mailata,making him "tackle eligible" and letting him mow down 4 guys from the 2 would put a smile on his face

Sure..  it's Superbowl.. one play now for a goof, why not.  Then he gets back to dominating blocking.

2 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

I mean...if we resign CGJ...you start your secondary with CGJ, Slay, Maddox and Blankenship....that's a pretty good foundation to start the offseason.  A lot better than what we had to start 2022 with.

See Cook....only self defense.   

That would be fine with me,then draft a CB in round 3(which is what I have)

So those guys you don't consider trophys? Ok well then we disagree again

It's really not worth discussing.   It's all abstract...theory BS.  Nothing really concrete to discuss.  

1 minute ago, joemas6 said:

Sure..  it's Superbowl.. one play now for a goof, why not.  Then he gets back to dominating blocking.

I'm pretty sure they would not be ready for it LOL(see Philly special)

That would be fine with me,then draft a CB in round 3(which is what I have)

Or sign  a cheap FA...or maybe a current guy steps up...who knows .  You don't need all the answers now.

KC making it to Superbowl...where did their secondary play ball last year?  

20 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Yeah we really scored on that left side, Dickerson is young too. Now we need to hit on the right side replacemnts and hope that Jurgens is the answer for when Kelce departs

Kelce seems to think he is

Archived