Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

27 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Of coarse age should be considered. So will cap charges for each player. Somehow you comparing two players not near getting the same pay scale. Acting like the super expensive guy obviously should be kept as he’s a better player. I see hence the massive pay to balance out. I can foresee keeping CGJ and losing Edwards. Or keeping Edwards and losing CGJ. Scenarios where both can be retained. Or neither. But with a salary cap what you exactly can’t do is compare a guy that makes 19 mil per to a a guy making 8-9 mil. Not apples to apples comparison. Like Mac and Cheese vs mashed potatoes more.

Right... if you paid attention to what I'm saying, I never compared the two.  My point was about making the decision.   Who is more easily replaceable.  Who has more impact. Where do you feel you can save the money without losing the impact? 

They may choose to let everyone go.  Who knows.  But every point you make is exactly why you don't want to resign Sanders. Which I was trying to point out to you a while ago.   

1. Losing one guy, shouldn't make you over pay another.

2. Impending free agents are plentiful at RB. Much cheaper.

3.  The true impact of the player ( true difference maker or along for the ride)

I have no doubt that all these guys will get big offers.  I bet TJ gets 12 mil per year area.  I could see Sanders getting 8 mil.  So with that math...if I had a choice of keeping those 2 or just CGJ, I would keep CGJ, plus get the extra comp pick.  

Obviously they aren't the ONLY 2 choices... but if it came down to just those 2, I'm keeping CGJ.   Don't need the computer for that. 

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

About Purdys' UCL. It was a complete tear, recovery is 6 mos, so he would be back for camp. Garapalo is FA, Lance coming back from injury. Who knows what Lance is going to become? Why pay Garapalo when they have 2 young QB's? Imo Purdy will be their starter.

Seems RB's are simply easier to find than secondary. HR doesn't have a great record there.

3 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

About Purdys' UCL. It was a complete tear, recovery is 6 mos, so he would be back for camp. Garapalo is FA, Lance coming back from injury. Who knows what Lance is going to become? Why pay Garapalo when they have 2 young QB's? Imo Purdy will be their starter.

Absolutely between Purdy and Lance.  

A lot of success in the running game begins up front and is part of the reason to invest there 

1 minute ago, mjkline1958 said:

Seems RB's are simply easier to find than secondary. HR doesn't have a great record there.

He has a great record recently...what was the investment in CGJ, Epps and Blankenship?    

Prior to this group...just awful.  It should make him want to keep his few good decisions at the position.  

Very similar to WR.   Be pretty annoying as an Eagles fan knowing all the difficulties here and finally getting it right just to let a recently turned 25 year old stud go. 

9 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

A lot of success in the running game begins up front and is part of the reason to invest there 

The bulk of the success.

29 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

Sucks for Purdy.  He's a good if not spectacular QB and by all accounts a good person and leader.

maybe FS should consider not trying to block Reddick with a back up TE. Is that why they got 4  Qbs knocked out this year?

We need to restructure Hargrave, resign CJ and attempt to keep Bradberry. Sounds like this is the end for Graham, that hint from his wife. Would love Kelce back. Think it's the end for Cox. Lane's a question and obviously want him back but it's up to him. Epps, Scott, White - too many puzzle pieces. Doesn't help how some of their contracts are structured.

7 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

We need to restructure Hargrave, resign CJ and attempt to keep Bradberry. Sounds like this is the end for Graham, that hint from his wife. Would love Kelce back. Think it's the end for Cox. Lane's a question and obviously want him back but it's up to him. Epps, Scott, White - too many puzzle pieces. Doesn't help how some of their contracts are structured.

This has got to be the oldest D line in the NFL

I'd hate to see Cox, Graham and even Lane and Kelce  go but too many players hang on for 1 year too long. Like JP

Kelce still more than capable - best C in the league imo.. Hargrave playing at a high level.

Sipposs ready to return

Know some dead cap is a fact of life in the NFL, but 64.5 mill? Top it at a reasonable 30 mill and it makes signing a few more good players a LOT easier

At least we're not adding to it w/ Quinn, Bears paying out the nose. Doubt he's back, maybe b/u at league min or let him battle in camp.

23 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

Forgot about Seu and Edwards, would like them back. Dillard - meh

I suspect Dillard wll wanna be a starter somewhere but having someone who can play LT and LG isn't a bad thing. IF the price is right.

10 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

Well, for one, it runs in the family. Andrew Berry, Adam’s brother, is the Cleveland Browns General Manager. 

I don't know if that's a great selling point.

https://www.phillyvoice.com/eagles-news-injury-reports-updates-landon-dickerson-right-elbow-hyperextension-nfl-super-bowl-lvii-2023/

#Eagles LG Landon Dickerson suffered a hyperextension of his right elbow, but an MRI on Monday came back negative and he is expected to play in the Super Bowl, NFL sources said.

He will likely wear a brace on his elbow during practice and in the game.

— Jeff McLane (@Jeff_McLane) January 31, 2023

10 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

I remember the so called "Experts" saying the arrogant Eagles wasted a 7th on someone who never played football.

Same here. What a feel good story, gentle giant and hear he's actually a really nice guy on the field after he demolishes someone. 

7 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

Same here. What a feel good story, gentle giant and hear he's actually a really nice guy on the field after he demolishes someone. 

And he's only 25. 

Archived