Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

19 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

The Philadelphia Eagles have been to 7 NFC Championship Games since the Dallas Cowboys have last been to one.

Additionally the Eagles have now been to 3 Super Bowls since the Dallas Cowboys have last been in just the title game (obvs they won one).

Coaching matters no doubt.   But for 3 decades,I don't think it's coincidence the drought for Dallas is since salary cap was put in place

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Their technique is making computer models with pre set information??? And taking those into the war room right now?? And I'm telling you that's not how it works,yet that has what you've been telling me. Maybe it's you who isn't understanding? Making computer models who to pick doesn't work. There are "human factors".You are always screaming about intangibles,surely you can understand this? For me that is a useless waste of time until after the combine. Even then I don't run a comp sim. I start making  my board based on scouts input and decisions made by the top brass,no computer model.Maybe Howie was doing that before?? Maybe that's what changed having success the last 2 drafts? personally IDK,but if the comp chose Reagor over JJ,then you need to unplug the damn thing

I’m sorry you keep going on and on. You’re aren’t understanding all the ways computers can be used. I’m not going to reach out for an argument. Just letting you know how much more than can do and different ways they can be used than your complaints are about.

5 hours ago, joemas6 said:

Master plan worked great this year!

Reddick and AJ were great parts. Ignoring DBs…or just flat out choosing so poorly did not.

5 hours ago, joemas6 said:

Or sign  a cheap FA...or maybe a current guy steps up...who knows .  You don't need all the answers now.

KC making it to Superbowl...where did their secondary play ball last year?  

Juan Thornhill played in KC last year.Have to look up their corners

5 hours ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Yeah he said that,then again what else would he say "Gee this guys sucks?" I'm sure watching him in practice,the coaches would know. Seems to be the heir apparent. Did he take any snaps this season? IDK myself

Just a few

1 hour ago, mjkline1958 said:

SB patch looks good on an Eagles jersey;

reddick-jersey.png

Like it always was meant to be a part of the look…to me anyway

16 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Juan Thornhill played in KC last year. Have to look up their corners

3 hours ago, mjkline1958 said:

OK, I give in. With 13 days to go and not caring about where Brady or AR play ( or if ), tired of the Kelce bowl and although I enjoy cooking if I hear umami one more time ( esp from peeps who don't even know what it means ) swear I'm going to scream! I don't usually delve into the draft this early but as I'm still recuperating from the operation, it seems there are a few areas we need to spend our limited picks at. Sure HR more than likely will move things around, the only things we can go on is where we're currently picking. 

All the talk about cap there are some areas where we're expected to lose players, one being CB Bradberry. Really think he's going to get overpaid - let that happen elsewhere. Slay is also getting older. Christian Gonzalez would be a great pick here and imo is the best CB in the draft. Have seen some saying we could trade back 2 spots w/ Houston and still land him. Witherspoon is ranked higher but he's only 6'.  Knowing HR he'll go lines so if Myles Murphy's is there I'd have no complaints

Yeah,I'm just waiting on a CB(because Howie will if he takes one at all). Still with a round 3 you get a quality player That's about what I have. round 1 - either Murphy or Tyree Wilson(edge),one of those 2 should be there. Pick 31 is a bit of a weird one(for me anyhow) I like another DT-Siaki Ika or we could select Gibbs at RB here. I have no clue,but either would make sense. Round 2-I feel a ROT to replace Lane should be selected and I like Darnell Wright here. DJ Turner at CB in round 3 for me. Like Gonzalez also,just feel he goes higher. So really it comes down to what Howie feels. In any order,I feel those are the positions we could use most. Of course a FA RB is also possible,but getting a top one we would have a RB on rook pay for 4-5 years. With limited resources,I can see that.

3 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

But we do have 3 picks in the first 2 rounds. And I can see Howie trading back too.

You can get decent players in round 3,so 4 picks in the top 3 rounds works for me

58 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Reddick and AJ were great parts. Ignoring DBs…or just flat out choosing so poorly did not.

Whom did we pick that was so poorly chosen this year?

Was just reading this about Ika when you posted;

31. Philadelphia Eagles — Siaki Ika, DT, Baylor

The Eagles were struggling to find depth in the interior and will be losing several defensive linemen to free agency or retirement this offseason. Teaming Ika up with Jordan Davis doesn't seem fair and might be the closest you can get to building a literal wall in the middle of a defense.

— Mock draft by Bryan Fischer, an award-winning college football columnist and member of the Athlon Contributor Network. 

1 minute ago, mjkline1958 said:

Was just reading this about Ika when you posted;

31. Philadelphia Eagles — Siaki Ika, DT, Baylor

The Eagles were struggling to find depth in the interior and will be losing several defensive linemen to free agency or retirement this offseason. Teaming Ika up with Jordan Davis doesn't seem fair and might be the closest you can get to building a literal wall in the middle of a defense.

— Mock draft by Bryan Fischer, an award-winning college football columnist and member of the Athlon Contributor Network. 

Had him there awhile. Only question is if Sanders goes away I could see the Gibbs pick. I also don't know about Sermon. he was adequate at OSU,but I have no way to tell what he can do here,so possibly we elevate Sermon,which is tricky since he didn't play a snap. We may not even retain him although we jumped on him off the wire. Must be a reason we did it? Gainwell looks good,Scott we can retain for the same loot with a little raise I would think

LOL I also posted earlier this would be a brick wall with those 2 and our #1 pick edge. Oh well nice to know I have some idea whats what 

3 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

Would have liked us to restructure and extend Hargrave by now

IDK that we do anything before the SB. Negotiating would seem like a distraction to me

We have a real officiating problem in the NFL.

"The NFL is aware of that and I would expect some significant discussions this offseason on how to make them better" – @RapSheet#PMSLive pic.twitter.com/yV6KvXQVQm

— Pat McAfee (@PatMcAfeeShow) January 31, 2023

Rapoport goes on to mention a collection of possibilities the NFL may consider, from finally making the decision to hire full-time referees to making much larger investments into the training protocols required to become a league official, and much more.

Hargrave's a guy we would definitely want to keep, just don't know why we don't usually have these talks during the season. Not going to get any cheaper. 

Archived