Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

29 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Don't care.  I like the unit.   My concern is the 4th receiving option and RG.   Those are what I think could be reasons our offense could fall short.  

After the season is when I'll look at how we fill out the position in 2024.

I'm expecting Howie to sign those first 3 picks of 2021 early... and we go from there.

I’m just going to go ahead and say what everybody knows I’m thinking: only reason our O falls short is injury to QB1.

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

You really forcing me to go back over all your posts before we acquired Penny and then traded for Swift. Over and over…you said Oline makes the rushing game. Gainwell and whoever committee would be good. So on and so on. Thank goodness they upgraded and pushed him back to third string. I still would like more. As soon as Swift or Penny go down things won’t be looking very pretty. 

Lol... before we acquired Penny... lol.  Didn't we sign him like the 1st couple of days of the league year?

But go back and tell me how many times I stated 

" we won the Superbowl with only Sproles and Smallwood on the roster after the draft... no rush to get the RBs"

Look at it now... ironically we could add Cook, Fournette, Zeke and a few more RBs.  

Very silly to worry about RB in March.

It's not about having the best roster in March.    It's about having one during the actual season.

12 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Sanders  ... or Swift and Penny.

Only way anyone would consider having the 2 guys as a downgrade is if there were injuries. 

As of now...nobody is injured.   So it's an upgrade. 

Swift and Penny were tossed away. Sanders got paid respectable money in a very tough market. Two players laying on the trainers table rehabbing doesn’t beat one player on the field.

Swift and Penny do have the ability to be good players. Not hating on their potential.

2 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Swift and Penny were tossed away. Sanders got paid respectable money in a very tough market. Two players laying on the trainers table rehabbing doesn’t beat one player on the field.

Right...thanks for making my point.  Injuries would have to be the reason it's not an upgrade.   I agree.   Everyone on the field...then it's an upgrade.   I agree.

Some guys seemingly never miss a game and just don’t get big injuries. Some guys get hurt constantly. Not sure all the reasons. Noted Rosie has been going towards taking chances on injury players recently. Actually worked out fairly well for us.

2 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Swift and Penny do have the ability to be good players. Not hating on their potential.

Right....injury is the reason why it wouldn't be an upgrade...otherwise very obvious upgrade.

4 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Lol... before we acquired Penny... lol.  Didn't we sign him like the 1st couple of days of the league year?

But go back and tell me how many times I stated 

" we won the Superbowl with only Sproles and Smallwood on the roster after the draft... no rush to get the RBs"

Look at it now... ironically we could add Cook, Fournette, Zeke and a few more RBs.  

Very silly to worry about RB in March.

I wasn’t worried about any position. Knew the key is the whole puzzle.

1 minute ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Some guys seemingly never miss a game and just don’t get big injuries. Some guys get hurt constantly. Not sure all the reasons. Noted Rosie has been going towards taking chances on injury players recently. Actually worked out fairly well for us.

Sanders missed too.... and also some guys seem to fumble.  It's all good.  I'm more focused on RG and the receiving game.

I wasn’t worried about any position. Knew the key is the whole puzzle.

But you made a comment about " before we signed Penny"   so obviously you were concerned about it in March.  

2 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Right...thanks for making my point.  Injuries would have to be the reason it's not an upgrade.   I agree.   Everyone on the field...then it's an upgrade.   I agree.

Can’t even really say that. Those guys haven’t been able to accomplish that feat. But Swift really can be exciting player. Both those guys work out to reach their potential we are in for a special season.

Injuries are concern at RB

But the concern at RG is they may not be good enough even if healthy. 

3 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Can’t even really say that. Those guys haven’t been able to accomplish that feat. But Swift really can be exciting player. Both those guys work out to reach their potential we are in for a special season.

In one game...everyone healthy.  We are playing against Dallas. 

They could have the combo of Penny and Swift... or they could have Sanders.     Which would you prefer to play against week 17 in the battle for the division?

I would prefer Dallas had Sanders. 

5 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Sanders missed too.... and also some guys seem to fumble.  It's all good.  I'm more focused on RG and the receiving game.

Think we thrived by hitting any opponent weakness. Throw on one. Run on the next. Can’t say we’ve had better receiving options than this group though. Pretty strong. Goedert seems to miss a game or two each season. Losing him changes things fairly big time. We still ok if a WR goes down for a game or two. For me on O the biggest question is the new playcaller. RB is my only focus of real question. Because we should punish people on the ground. Be a shame if so much meat gets left on the bone there. Who wins the backup LT spot.

8 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Injuries are concern at RB

But the concern at RG is they may not be good enough even if healthy. 

Not for me. Be fine with Opeta. Driscoll. Steen going to work out in my optimistic viewpoint. Just a matter of time and learning curve. Whatever happens just don’t screw up so bad to injure the guy next to him. Between Kelce and Lane….could you get a more ideal spot? Really gotta suck if you can’t look serviceable there.

Miles Sanders 259 carries...  can easily be split up amongst Penny,  Swift and Gainwell.  

You can give both the new guys 100 carries and give Gainwell another 59.  That's the 259.   You are better in short yardage and better in the passing game. 

Injuries are the only thing to where it's a downgrade.   I think most everyone would agree.  Especially with the idea Gainwell should be better year 3.   Which most people not blinded by hatred or jealousy would agree.

Just now, cunninghamtheman said:

Not for me. Be fine with Opeta. Driscoll. Steen going to work out in my optimistic viewpoint. Just a matter of time and learning curve. Whatever happens just don’t screw up so bad to injure the guy next to him. Between Kelce and Lane….could you get a more ideal spot? Really gotta suck if you can’t look serviceable there.

So you feel Steen, Opeta and Jurgens are better NFL level Guards than Penny, Swift are as NFL level RBs?

When Hurts is dropping back to pass... you are more confident in the protection from RG than you are the receiving threat at RB.

You felt more confidence in Sanders receiving and blocking than Swift...and more confident in Jurgens, Steen, Opeta blocking over Seamulo? 

Im the opposite. 

8 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

In one game...everyone healthy.  We are playing against Dallas. 

They could have the combo of Penny and Swift... or they could have Sanders.     Which would you prefer to play against week 17 in the battle for the division?

I would prefer Dallas had Sanders. 

So you are taking away the biggest weakness of the two guys you are supporting. I just don’t know. Sanders was great last year. But he’ll do some dumb stuff. I don’t really know enough about our two new guys. Know their college scouting leading up to draft. But only seen each guy in one good game. Sanders is the better pure rusher. I really don’t know about Swift or Penny blocking abilities. Can’t be worse than a sanders though.

I think expectations were low for Opeta...that's why in your mind you feel he was a success.   Expectations go up...he will have to up his game.  

5 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Miles Sanders 259 carries...  can easily be split up amongst Penny,  Swift and Gainwell.  

You can give both the new guys 100 carries and give Gainwell another 59.  That's the 259.   You are better in short yardage and better in the passing game. 

Injuries are the only thing to where it's a downgrade.   I think most everyone would agree.  Especially with the idea Gainwell should be better year 3.   Which most people not blinded by hatred or jealousy would agree.

I don’t hate Gainwell. Sure can’t see how Gainwell couldn’t be better than the nothing he’s done so far. 

So you are taking away the biggest weakness of the two guys you are supporting. I just don’t know. Sanders was great last year. But he’ll do some dumb stuff. I don’t really know enough about our two new guys. Know their college scouting leading up to draft. But only seen each guy in one good game. Sanders is the better pure rusher. I really don’t know about Swift or Penny blocking abilities. Can’t be worse than a sanders though.

I'm saying injury is the concern.  Healthy the new combo is better.  Not a difficult concept considering your only criticism of the other 2 is injury.  Right?

Not fumbling...not blocking...not receiving... like Sanders.

I don’t hate Gainwell. Sure can’t see how Gainwell couldn’t be better than the nothing he’s done so far. 

I think it's obvious you hate him.   Because the team likes him better than Sanders. Sanders was your boy.  It's ok.   You overcame the hatred for Lane over time.  All good.

4 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

So you feel Steen, Opeta and Jurgens are better NFL level Guards than Penny, Swift are as NFL level RBs?

When Hurts is dropping back to pass... you are more confident in the protection from RG than you are the receiving threat at RB.

You felt more confidence in Sanders receiving and blocking than Swift...and more confident in Jurgens, Steen, Opeta blocking over Seamulo? 

Im the opposite. 

Steen in that scenario is probably only one could be special. Ziggy Ansah elite unreal pass rusher. Did that make him a Hall of Famer though?

Steen in that scenario is probably only one could be special. Ziggy Ansah elite unreal pass rusher. Did that make him a Hall of Famer though?

Ziggy has same shot at hall as Gainwell does of being cut. 

Archived