Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

6 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

IDK Dallas overpaid for "quality" RB's so when was their last SB appearance?

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

And they are in the know.

Aren’t there several reasons to consider them working his contract in such a way? 

5 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

So when was Minnesota in the SB?

1970 something?   I believe loss to the Steelers? 

Wouldn’t you try and entice Lane in any ways to come back and play another season? 

6 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Sanders dominated rushing. Was hurt in the SB and our Oline that was exactly the same didn’t deliver RB production. I mean, not theoretical here, it actually happened. We saw this Oline not carry Gainwell to success cost us the parade. 

Ironically our offense put up 35 points?

Plus the other 2 playoff games were 31 and 38.

18 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

And I will stick my neck out and say we GOT Penny because we are playing  better rushing D lines that we have had to face the last 2 years and he is known as a short yardage banger

We got Penny because we had nothing and he jumped at the opportunity for pennies 

Just now, cunninghamtheman said:

Wouldn’t you try and entice Lane in any ways to come back and play another season? 

Yeah...that's why the 2026 extension...  try to get him to play then instead of retirement after 2025.   I agree with that. 

But I do see Siri preferring a back more Penny style than Sanders. 

2 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Aren’t there several reasons to consider them working his contract in such a way? 

Rework the contract to save current cap space.. not necessary to give the extension.   That part didn't effect the cap space.   Also believe he needs to play 2026 to get that new $$$.

But I do see Siri preferring a back more Penny style than Sanders. 

Right...short yardage no nonsense RB.  That was missing.  Howard was good there in 2021... when the committee was better results wise than when giving Sanders the bulk of the carries.

17 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

So Siri forced Gainwell ... he was drafted by the Eagles...and the only one under contract for 2024.

Yet all that and he won't be on the 2024 roster?    

I’m not guaranteeing he’s on the 2023 roster. One step at a time. Team was in the position of Gainwell taking over the lead load. They grabbed Penny. Then traded for Swift. Not coming off as any ringing endorsement of faith in relying on Gainwell. He’s third stringer that became second string last season. My opinion is he looks to be third or fourth string currently. Guy hasn’t done squat. Think he’s fighting fir a roster spot with Sermon, Brooks,Scott….my dreams of them even adding one more quality RB drops him right off the team instantly.

1 minute ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I’m not guaranteeing he’s on the 2023 roster. One step at a time. Team was in the position of Gainwell taking over the lead load. They grabbed Penny. Then traded for Swift. Not coming off as any ringing endorsement of faith in relying on Gainwell. He’s third stringer that became second string last season. My opinion is he looks to be third or fourth string currently. Guy hasn’t done squat. Think he’s fighting fir a roster spot with Sermon, Brooks,Scott….my dreams of them even adding one more quality RB drops him right off the team instantly.

Ok... back to serious talk.  The rest of the world knows Gainwell is here 2 more years.    

Maybe read the article from Grotz.

But anyway...can't wait for this season.   Love the schedule... love the competition.   Love the vets going for it one more time. 

Ok... Grotz writes how Gainwell is the lead RB... pretty good article.   

Hurts to Gainwell connection and chemistry.   If we get Gainwell cheap, that could be a nice connection for a few years.

22 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Go apply for Siri's job then since you know better lol and let's recall we had the LEAD at the 1/2,so apparently it was working as-is???

Siri has plenty to be praised for. Guy loves football it seems. Works hard. But far from perfect. Started the job terribly. Gave over playcalling and we improved drastically. But we just will never know if Scott would have paid off enough. I do judge that Sanders they stuck with too much. Not roasting for giving him a go. But he didn’t have it. Saw it right off the bat. That adjustment was too slow. Bad call there. So clearly wasn’t on point with perfect decision making in the RB usage area. Gainwell wasn’t effective. So maybe Scott wouldn’t have been either. But I just see things as nobody believing or wanting Scott. He had to fight and earn everything the hard way. Forced his way to not be denied. Siri didn’t try him in that game though. Others failed. Fair to question as I see it. Scott just underrated player.

28 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

You see elite RBs in committees? Which ones? 

Liked the Browns combo

22 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

IDK Dallas overpaid for "quality" RB's so when was their last SB appearance?

I don’t agree with any of what they did with Zeke. Don’t want to go that route. But not blowing off the position as a anybody will work situation either.

2023...going to be a fun season.  The kind that makes you want to stop talking about 2022.   Really looking forward to it.

I don’t agree with any of what they did with Zeke. Don’t want to go that route. But not blowing off the position as a anybody will work situation either.

How are the Eagles blowing off the position?    

21 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

SO why didn't we keep Sanders???

Sanders is a playmaker. But several flaws also. Siri never was on board liking Sanders from day one. His situational screw ups were arguably the straw that sent him out I think. Blocking was never good. I can say plenty of praise about the guy…but he also would run out of bounds when we are trying to grind out the clock. Too much dumb stuff at the end. But Rosie just isn’t going to pay a RB either.

21 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

1970 something?   I believe loss to the Steelers? 

Freaking stupid coach…Cunningham had that. Would have won that SB I believe also.

Just now, cunninghamtheman said:

Freaking stupid coach…Cunningham had that. Would have won that SB I believe also.

Yes...with the elite passing offense... stacked at WR and TE.   

21 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Ironically our offense put up 35 points?

Plus the other 2 playoff games were 31 and 38.

Despite our top Oline not carrying Gainwell to any success. Didn’t need more points really. Needed to control more clock and keep Mahomes on the sideline.

3 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Sanders is a playmaker. But several flaws also. Siri never was on board liking Sanders from day one. His situational screw ups were arguably the straw that sent him out I think. Blocking was never good. I can say plenty of praise about the guy…but he also would run out of bounds when we are trying to grind out the clock. Too much dumb stuff at the end. But Rosie just isn’t going to pay a RB either.

Fumble in the Superbowl....really could have been 2.   Just nothing special.  They really forced him the ball to get the stats last year... where you can easily see the year before where he didn't get the ball as much but team overall ran better.   

Adding 2 guys in Penny ( who I see as the Jordan Howard replacement) ...Swift who adds to the passing game.

Obviously they like the 2023 room much better. Especially with Gainwell stepping up come at the end.   

19 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Right...short yardage no nonsense RB.  That was missing.  Howard was good there in 2021... when the committee was better results wise than when giving Sanders the bulk of the carries.

I would point you towards how you are forgetting in the big playoff game what happened. RBs were terrible against the Bucs. Scott busted a 34 yarder. Otherwise like 2 yards a carry. Are we saying RBs are better over season long stats. Is all the fourth quarter blowout yardage what we are looking for? Or are we talking about when you gotta deliver in a big game? I’m speaking more about the important needed moments.

Archived