EMB Blog: 2021 Regular and Post Season

Connecticut Eagle

47 minutes ago, Desertbirds said:

:offtopic:

I think I will need to be placed on suicide watch. 

The following is from the American Medical Association,  Advancing Health Equity: A Guide to Language, Narrative and Concepts

image.thumb.png.f51868a66baecd5447d874643abcd6bf.png

It is recommended by the AMA to replace the language on the left with that on the right. 

This is just one example of interjecting politics into statements of fact.

Both sides are factual statements.   Perhaps if you dealt with people who were working in low wage position and saw how often their complaints are dismissed by medical providers you would think differently.  

• Replies 75.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
52 minutes ago, greend said:

Which ones of his 9 passes were those "couple"

Two of them. One was a Goedert pass. Another was one where Scott picked up the free rusher with a good pass pro block, IIRC.   He shows those flashes occasionally that give me a little hope, not a lot but a glimmer.  I take the silver linings where I can.  Habits are hard to change but I do have more faith in Johnson as a QB coach at maybe getting some development from Hurts and Minshew.  

24 minutes ago, austinfan said:

Doctors should stick to what they think they know, the causes of poverty is a complex issue far beyond the expertise of the AMA, I can point to thousands of economic papers using sophisticated econometrics trying to tease out various factors leading to poverty and inequality - and while there is support for some of those mentioned factors, there are numerous other factors, one of which is the opposition of the medical profession to measures (expansion of nurse practitioners' ability to provide care, especially in under served rural impoverished areas) that would help alleviate some of the health impacts of poverty.

I'd be curious to know how many of the doctors' supporting that language refuse to take Medicaid patients b/c the fees are too low.

The complexity of the underlying causes of numerous social issues agues strongly against using EQUITY as a measure of social progress or lack there of. Using equity is a lazy intellectual exercise and it unlikely to solve actual problems.  It does, however, serve some performative function. 

3 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

What are the odds they still draft better than us?

Not bad 2021 draft:

Smith (#10) plus top ten 1st rd pick in 2022

Dickerson (#37) getting comfortable at LG

Williams (#73), LDE, rotational DT

Gainwell, #150, Jackson #191, Johnson #234 getting rotational snaps, MacPearson (123) on STs

In fact, the last four years have been pretty solid, a couple misfires but not nearly as bad as advertised:

2018:  Goedert (49), Maddox (125), Sweat (130), Pryor (206), Mailata (233)

2019:  Dillard (22), Sanders (53), JJAW (57)

2020:  Reagor (21), Hurts (53), Taylor (103), Wallace (127), Driscoll (145), Bradley (196), Watkins (200)

3 minutes ago, eaglesflyers#1 said:

Booo

Actually, just checked, the NFL kept the 2020 covid rules in regards to IR players being traded, so he actually can be traded if it short term IR and he is designated to return.

18 minutes ago, Desertbirds said:

I suspect, or at least hope, that the vast majority of practicing physicians  (not AMA administrators) will reject the proposed language.

It's about doctors not being a-holes to their patients which is far too often the case. 

1 minute ago, downundermike said:

You can not trade players on injured reserve

Stupid rule. You can trade players on IR if its a major injury but not if its a minor one. 

Get rid of the designations. Give the trading team the medical files and chance to look the player over. If they want to go forward with it, the risk is on them. 

3 minutes ago, austinfan said:

In fact, the last four years have been pretty solid, a couple misfires but not nearly as bad as advertised:

2020:  Reagor (21), Hurts (53), Taylor (103), Wallace (127), Driscoll (145), Bradley (196), Watkins (200)

Group laughing GIFs - Get the best gif on GIFER

1 minute ago, downundermike said:

Actually, just checked, the NFL kept the 2020 covid rules in regards to IR players being traded, so he actually can be traded if it short term IR and he is designated to return.

You have it backwards. It's the Zach Ertz problem from last year. If its short term they can't be traded. But if its long term like Talib was when he was on IR, you can trade them. 

30 minutes ago, austinfan said:

Doctors should stick to what they think they know, the causes of poverty is a complex issue far beyond the expertise of the AMA, I can point to thousands of economic papers using sophisticated econometrics trying to tease out various factors leading to poverty and inequality - and while there is support for some of those mentioned factors, there are numerous other factors, one of which is the opposition of the medical profession to measures (expansion of nurse practitioners' ability to provide care, especially in under served rural impoverished areas) that would help alleviate some of the health impacts of poverty.

I'd be curious to know how many of the doctors' supporting that language refuse to take Medicaid patients b/c the fees are too low.

This isn't about doctor's determining the causes of poverty but doctors not treating patients that are poor as making a conscious decision to live the poor life.  Poverty and health conditions relating to eating poorly are often beyond the control of the patient.  

4 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

You have it backwards. It's the Zach Ertz problem from last year. If its short term they can't be traded. But if its long term like Talib was when he was on IR, you can trade them. 

Trades: Players on injured reserve can be traded if they were sent there after the aforementioned September 1 deadline. The acquiring team can then designate the player to return, or immediately activate the player if his previous team has already done so.

10 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

Both sides are factual statements.   Perhaps if you dealt with people who were working in low wage position and saw how often their complaints are dismissed by medical providers you would think differently.  

I work with many low wage individuals, not seeking medical attention, but rather education. There are many reasons for poverty and many of these reasons exhibit complex, non-linear  interactions. 

We will have to agree to disagree about the logical construction of the competing statements. I see one as a simple statement of fact; the other is a statement of fact plus explanatory hypotheses that need empirical investigation.

I do not see what is gained by using the more complex language.

5 hours ago, TorontoEagle said:

So the Jets are pumping up Mike White, even Saleh saying he might be the future going forward. Howie should call them to ask about Wilson. 

I would take a shot at this if the compensation they wanted wasn't bad 

On 11/1/2021 at 10:11 AM, austinfan said:

Not bad 2021 draft:

Smith (#10) plus top ten 1st rd pick in 2022

Dickerson (#37) getting comfortable at LG

Williams (#73), LDE, rotational DT

Gainwell, #150, Jackson #191, Johnson #234 getting rotational snaps, MacPearson (123) on STs

Yup the first round pick in dillard who’s a backup. Sanders who’s perpetually hurt and possibly he does not get a second contract and JJAW. What a Fing class that was. Are seriously trying to tell me that it’s good you drafted a 1st rounder who’s a backup? A running back who in three consecutive seasons has missed time due to injuries and has actually regressed in areas since his rookie season. And JJAW who sucks and can only play special teams to make a contribution. Seriously? You had 3 picks on the first two rounds and currently one is a backup, one is a RB that missed time and one is a scrub ST player 

let’s look at 2020 as well. Reagor has been underwhelming and not that good. I know that 1 reception for 0 yards and 21 rushing yards was fantastic yesterday. Or maybe it’s his 20 receptions for 165 yards this season. Or maybe career total of 51 receptions for 561 yards in 19 career games. So averaging 29.5 yards per game for being a top 25 pick is amazing. Wait jalen hurts who was drafted to be a backup QB. Also the eagles have tried to replace continuously since they dealt wentz with Wilson and watson (and don’t give me your BS agenda they were doing due dillegence they sent Fing people to houston to investigate and talked to watson and his camp about him wanting to be here). I am speed davion Taylor is still a project and hasn’t proven much so far. Wallace who can’t stay healthy and is a backup and not even as good as Epps. Driscoll and Watkins are solid late round picks. Bradley is a ST player. 

2018 was a good class. 2019 and and 2020 and 2017 were not nearly at that level

on top of all this you don’t want go get a Quarterback because you’re telling me they’re not ready. BUTTTTTTT then you’re telling me they drafted well over the last four years. So if that is true then they should go get the quarterback or you’re full of it

11 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Trades: Players on injured reserve can be traded if they were sent there after the aforementioned September 1 deadline. The acquiring team can then designate the player to return, or immediately activate the player if his previous team has already done so.

That's different. That's just saying you cant put them on IR during the offseason, trade them and the other team bring them back.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2020/10/22/nfl-trade-deadline-primer-sellers-players-available-covid19

• The Eagles have gotten a lot of calls on their players as well, which makes sense given how their season’s gone and where their cap is the next couple of years. Alshon Jeffery is very clearly available. There have been calls on tight end Zach Ertz, too, and Philly delaying a day or two on moving Ertz to IR raised some eyebrows—this year, you have to designate guys on IR as having major or minor injuries, and guys categorized as having minor injuries can’t be traded. The Eagles designated Ertz as a minor injury, so that’s that on him.

Trading a player on IR isn't a COVID thing, it started in 2018 or 2019. There's additional rules about trading a player on IR from COVID as seen above.

13 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

The one on the right is a conclusion, not a fact.

13 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

One side has politics and opinion injected into the statement.  The other side stated facts only. 

Thats the difference. 

57 minutes ago, Desertbirds said:

:offtopic:

I think I will need to be placed on suicide watch. 

The following is from the American Medical Association,  Advancing Health Equity: A Guide to Language, Narrative and Concepts

image.thumb.png.f51868a66baecd5447d874643abcd6bf.png

It is recommended by the AMA to replace the language on the left with that on the right. 

This is just one example of interjecting politics into statements of fact.  

Yes, some people have suffered hardships not of their own making that results in low wage earning and some don’t.  Those poor income folks are not getting coronary artery disease from the situations on the right.  This nonsense needs to stop. Look at the likes and the broad political spectrum of those posters. We all agree this is just stupid.

I wouldn't even say 2018 is good. It's the best of the bunch, but it isn't good. They have a TE who shows flashes, but hasn't emerged as anything special yet. A nickel corner, a rotational pass rusher. Their best pick was Mailata. That should be baseline for most drafts. To get a couple starters and a couple rotational guys.

It looks good in comparison to some others where the Eagles essentially got nothing.

6 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Yup the first round pick in dillard who’s a backup. Sanders who’s perpetually hurt and likely not getting a second contract and JJAW. What a Fing class that was. Are seriously trying to tell me that it’s good you drafted a 1st rounder who’s a backup? A running back who in three consecutive seasons has missed time due to injuries and has actually regressed since his rookie season. And JJAW who sucks and can only play special teams to make a contribution. Seriously?

let’s look at 2020 as well. Reagor has been underwhelming and not that good. I know that 1 reception for 0 yards and 21 rushing yards was fantastic yesterday. Or maybe it’s his 20 receptions for 165 yards this season. Or maybe career total of 51 receptions for 561 yards in 19 career games. So averaging 29.5 yards per game for being a top 25 pick is amazing. Wait jalen hurts who was drafted to be a backup QB and the eagles have tried to replace continuously since they dealt wentz with Wilson and watson (and don’t give me your BS agenda they were doing due dillegence they sent Fing people to houston to investigate and talked to watson and his camp about him wanting to be here). I am speed davion Taylor has been great at getting lost in space and destroyed in the run game. And is better suited as a backup. Wallace who can’t stay healthy and is a backup and not even as good as Epps. Driscoll and Watkins are solid late round picks. Bradley is a jag. 

2018 was a good class. 2019 and and 2020 and 2017 were not good. Only an delusional person would defend them as being good.   

No, you see, spending a 2nd, 1st and a 1st on WR's and then another 2nd on a QB who can't throw to them and has to win by running first is actually a good thing. 

Calling Josh Sweat a rotational pass-rusher at this point is disrespectful. Already at 3.5 sacks, 5 TFL, 8 QB hits. That's starter production.

1 minute ago, RLC said:

Calling Josh Sweat a rotational pass-rusher at this point is disrespectful. Already at 3.5 sacks, 5 TFL, 8 QB hits. That's starter production.

Agreed.  I like what I've seen so far out of Sweat and Milton in his limited snaps.

Archived