EMB Blog: 2021 Regular and Post Season

Connecticut Eagle

What would you say about the last two Jets drafts if they were Eagles drafts? How about if the '17-20 Eagles drafts were Jets drafts?

Becton and AVT are very good offensive linemen. Wilson is a talented, potential franchise QB. Elijah Moore has potential.

Some people just like to paint whatever picture they'd like. 

• Replies 75.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, Desertbirds said:

I work with many low wage individuals, not seeking medical attention, but rather education. There are many reasons for poverty and many of these reasons exhibit complex, non-linear  interactions. 

We will have to agree to disagree about the logical construction of the competing statements. I see one as a simple statement of fact; the other is a statement of fact plus explanatory hypotheses that need empirical investigation.

I do not see what is gained by using the more complex language.

I can only speculate on what is to be gained but I can only speculate as to why the income of a patient would matter from an AMA perspective.  Maybe the point is that many factors that go into "low income" are outside of that person's control.  Getting medical providers to recognize, that may help providing better care. 

31 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

Yes, some people have suffered hardships not of their own making that results in low wage earning and some don’t.  Those poor income folks are not getting coronary artery disease from the situations on the right.  This nonsense needs to stop. Look at the likes and the broad political spectrum of those posters. We all agree this is just stupid.

They're not getting coronary disease from being low income either.

On 11/1/2021 at 10:44 AM, austinfan said:

Pryor is starting and playing well. Dillard would be a starter on a number of teams, and I expect him to be traded at some point. He got beat out by Mailata.

RBs getting hurt? Gee, that's a surprise. When healthy Sanders is a top RB, though his pass catching issues are a mystery (not a problem as a rookie).

Hurts is 3-5 on a team supposedly devoid of talent. As I've shown, most 1st rd QBs are similar quality, and few "quality backups" are taken after the 2nd rd. Most quality backups are 1st rd flops or starters who aged out. Hurts was good value where he was taken, his running provides real value, and his build and ability to avoid contact makes him viable as a running QB.

Taylor was a project when drafted, he's now starting, he'll have growing pains but "speed kills."

Anyone picked after #150 who contributes, even just on STs, is a good pick, odds get real low of just sticking on a roster at that point in the draft.

Basically, you're talking JJAW and Reagor, and we don't know who was behind Reagor over Jefferson.

People have exaggerated expectations of drafts, a good draft produces 2 solid starters and 1-2 solid backups.

It takes time to build through the draft, took TB 7 years and they still had to add Brady, it's going to take 2 more drafts here to build critical mass.

You take a QB when the right one knocks, you don't waste a high first rd pick(s) reaching for someone because fans want a "franchise QB."

Pryor isn’t here. I’d not care what the F he’s doing elsewhere. And he was benched for smith who returned yesterday. Add on the eagles dealt him away cause he was trash here so your boy didn’t maximize his value if you knew he was going to be a capable starter. So that is a bad trade then. 

Dillard has never proven to be able to stay healthy for 16 games. He missed an entire year being hurt. Got banged up his rookie year. Can only play LT. Again he got beat out by a 7th rounder who never played football in his life til joining the eagles. Could he start elsewhere? Yes but the fact that he’s not starting for the Eagles means it was a bad for the Eagles and they are never going to get the value that they spent on him. And really he is only a backup at LT he has no versatility cause he can’t play right tackle. So you have to weaken your left tackle spot just so you can have a competent right tackle when Lane Johnson goes out (who probably shouldn’t  have been restructured with how often he was injured the past 3 years)

not a surprise and then why did you spend a second round pick on a running back if you knew they always got hurt? The year they won the Super Bowl they didn’t have a running back on that roster that was drafted higher than a 3rd round pick. So why are you drafting one in the second round if you’re so smart and you know that you’re always gonna get hurt. He hast to actually be on the field to be productive. So your theory what when he plays he’s good. I feel like actively being on the field matters which he has an issue with. And I’d argue he’s regressed since his rookie year 

speed kills if you know how to use it and know how to play the game. I know because I talk to one of the Arizona coaches who had to scout Colorado. He was a three-year project when they drafted him which is not where you draft a guy in the third round. I posted that the night he was drafted. Do you know what also is speedy? being out of the league in four years because you don’t know how to utilize your speed and recognize what’s going on

I’m not even gonna comment on Jalen hurts argument because your argument is complete BS. The fact that Howie Roseman and the Eagles keep showing you that they don’t want Jalen hurts to be the starting quarterback going forward is purely amazing how you dismiss that. Literally they have tried to replace him since they traded away Carson wentz. But you’ll make some BS theory they were just dying due diligence when it’s completely obvious to everyone that wasn’t the case. 

just to let you know almost every single team around the league has picks after 150 where they have guys on special teams. That is not just exclusive to the Eagles. almost every single team around the league has success if all they’re looking for our special team players. So that’s not some feather in the Of the Eagles. 

Again more excuses for a bad pic. I said the night of a dress that they should trade back if they weren’t going to take Jefferson. Secondly I also said they should just assume they have to take a wide receiver in the first round. They had a multitude of positions they needed help with that they could’ve went in another direction. So it’s not just about the wide receiver it’s about utilizing the value of that pick which are not getting any spin a bus so far. Any excuse of bs drivel you wanna come up with it’s not been good enough. Again 30 yards per game after 20 games showing no improvement is closer to being a bust.

I’m just going to point out to you that the 2016 draft they only have one current starter from that draft. The 2017 draft they have one current starter from that draft and he’s likely not to be here next year. The 2019 draft they have one back up, special-teams player that was drafted in the second round in an injury prone starting running back.  i’m sorry when you have three picks in the top 60 and managed to get one starter out of them you didn’t do a very good job of drafting. Wait there’s more 2020 you have a starter by default at QB cause they have been trying to replace him. Reagor is default starter but based off production he’s likely a backup and frankly Watkins has been better than reagor. Taylor another default starter cause of how piss poor all the other linebackers are. Another default starter in Driscoll cause seumalo and brooks got hurt. the draft from 2016-2020 gave seumalo, Barnett, sweat, goedert, mailata, sanders, reagor and hurts as starters. I’d argue at moment only seumalo, mailata, goedert and Sweat are locks to be here long term. 

I’m not saying you just draft a quarterback because you want a franchise quarterback. However I’m arguing your point we shouldn’t take one whatsoever if there’s one there that they look. Your argument they’re not ready so they shouldn’t take one is a Bs argument. If that were the case the Chargers winning of Herbert. The Bengals wouldn’t have burrow.

Since the Eagles did such a good job drafting from 2016 to 2020 they should be in a position to take the QB.  Plus since he got such great value with hurts according to you and they understood how good of a value it is then they shouldn’t have a problem identifying such great value inside the top five with a quarterback and selecting him. 

7 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

Jets aren't dealing Zach Wilson; you don't draft a player #2 unless you have a long term plan for him (I know, it's the Jets)

It shouldn't be a surprise Wilson has struggled; the Jets are still an awful team.  

image.png.9cd66cc6f7b42eae7e2a826cee4f92c9.png

I know he wasn't #2 but he was top 10

1 minute ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

They are not going to bench Wentz, if that’s what you’re worried about.  Not even to save that 1st rounder.  They’ll be close enough, up until the cutoff point. Anything after he hits threshold,  is irrelevant.  Only chance is if he gets hurt.  I think "meltdown” is a little much.  He played bad at the end of the game.  I wouldn’t call it a meltdown.  LOL. 

I can't wait for this to stop being brought up on a weekly basis. 

1 minute ago, SB52 said:

I hope the latest Wentz meltdown didn’t cost the Eagles a first round pick. Barring injury, that pick was ours if IND wins the game yesterday. Now they’re a few bad weeks away from a lost season.

Indy still has a few games against bad teams.

Problem with Wentz and this might even go back to his MVP 2017 year, is he struggles when the game is tight,  like yesterday, and I don't think his overall record against winning teams is very good. 

32 minutes ago, austinfan said:

People have exaggerated expectations of drafts, a good draft produces 2 solid starters and 1-2 solid backups.

Let's go with this then... how many years does the player need to be a starter for the pick to be considered a 'solid' starter?   And let's ignore the 'they are starting elsewhere' defense.  That's irrelevant, they are either contributing here or it was a bad pick.

2016 - Seumalo alone remains 5 years after that draft.   Fair to say, this wasn't just a poor draft, but a BAD one.
2017 - Barnett alone remains 4 years after the draft.  Again, fair to say, this wasn't just a poor draft, but yet another BAD one.   Does Barnett even count as a starter, or is he just a rotational DE and is now getting more snaps due to the injury to Graham?  
2018 - Goedert is now a starter, but had been in that solid backup camp until now.  Maddox, mostly a backup. Sweat has been a backup, only becoming a starting this year, but mostly a rotational guy.  Mailata - mostly a backup.  Pryor only a backup here, and brutal last year.   At best, this is a FAIR draft.  But, in terms of 'starts'... there are very few cumulative starts on this team from this group.  It may turn out better as we move to 2022, but unless Goedert resigns here, he really doesn't get to count as 'solid starter', because his previous seasons he's only been a backup/contributor, not a starter.
2019 - Dillard has been primarily a backup, or injured.  Sanders is the starter, and has been for 3 years.  JJAW has been BRUTAL and doesn't even qualify as a 'solid' backup.  4 catches over the last year and a half... only 14 receptions total in 2.5 seasons.  That bust territory for a 2nd round pick.  The rest are long gone.

2020 is in the too soon category.  But Smith is starting.  Dickerson is starting due to injury, does he be more than solid backup or starter?  Of course, if he's the starter, then Seumalo is not.  Can't double dip at LG.  Only one is the 'starter'.  

So, according to your definition of a good draft... 2016 has produced 1 starter.  2017 - 1 starter (and that's being generous), 2018 - 3 starters now, but mostly backups until this year.  This could trend up, but still seems a little light on the result.  2019 - has 1 starter, 1 backup, 1 bust still on the roster and the rest are long gone.

So, at best the Eagles have 1 draft that qualifies as 'good' by your own definition with 2020 as a 'TBD'... and even that good one is still very much in the 'TBD' category depending on what happens with Goedert and Maddox at the end of this year.   If neither resign here, they are just 'solid backups', not starters.  And the 2018 draft would fall to only having Sweat and Mailata still on the roster.

And where are the Pro Bowlers on this list?  Are there any?  Sure, you can say that you can't expect to draft one, but there are about 90 Pro Bowlers every year.  You'd think that the Eagles would luck into 1 over a 5 year stretch of drafting.   But, they traded away their most recent one (2016), traded away the one before that (2013 - Ertz), and have only 2013 - Johnson and 2012 - Cox left... Oh, and 2010 - Graham.   That's a dry dry desert of drafting.  

9 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

If the Broncos want to pick up his salary, maybe they could get a decent pick from NO for Bridgewater. 

Good thought. I doubt they want to just give up on their season. Be funny if they got Foles as well. Payton would put him in a great spot to succeed.

2 minutes ago, eaglesflyers#1 said:

image.png.9cd66cc6f7b42eae7e2a826cee4f92c9.png

I know he wasn't #2 but he was top 10

What an unconventional/gutsy move by Arizona. The immediate decision to change directions changed the history of their franchise.

11 minutes ago, austinfan said:

The only coach from that regime I'd trust with draft opinions is Stoutland. 

1 hour ago, austinfan said:

2019:  Dillard (22)

Really, a guy who we used a 1st, 4th and 6th round pick on, who is a back up.

3 minutes ago, 315Eagles said:

Indy still has a few games against bad teams.

Problem with Wentz and this might even go back to his MVP 2017 year, is he struggles when the game is tight,  like yesterday, and I don't think his overall record against winning teams is very good. 

I actually thought the Colts should’ve went for two after they got the game to 31-30 instead of taking it to overtime. You had all the momentum on your side and the Titans defense is not very good. I believe i can get 2.5 yards against them. Especially because I think they had to be deflated after they got the pick six and then just allowed the colts to march  right down the field to basically tie the game. I would’ve went for the win and control my own destiny instead of hoping for the coin toss (which they won) And then having to go to the length of the field to try to get a touchdown to end that game so it’s not continuing. I would’ve ended that game with a two point conversion whether i got it or I didn’t get it

10 minutes ago, austinfan said:

They've drafted better since Douglas left. Given what Douglas has done on the Jets . . .

I'm also more comfortable with Sirianni and Gannon in the draft room than Pederson and Scwartz, who got more power after the SB win. The only coach from that regime I'd trust with draft opinions is Stoutland. Sirianni and Gannon have a lot more hands on coaching experience, and aren't trying to win now.

Really?  Reagor, Hurts and Taylor are 'better' picks?   Only when contrasted against JJAW.

This is so funny.  Howie's defense team is in full spin mode.  It was never Howie... it was always someone else.  Howie remains a victim of his circumstances. 

10 minutes ago, schuy7 said:

What would you say about the last two Jets drafts if they were Eagles drafts? How about if the '17-20 Eagles drafts were Jets drafts?

Becton and AVT are very good offensive linemen. Wilson is a talented, potential franchise QB. Elijah Moore has potential.

Some people just like to paint whatever picture they'd like. 

Wilson at #2 is playing worse than Hurts at #53. Maybe he'll develop, maybe Hurts will develop. If raw tools were all that mattered, how come so many top draft picks flop?

1 minute ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I actually thought the Colts should’ve went for two after they got the game to 31-30 instead of taking it to overtime. You had all the momentum on your side and the Titans defense is not very good. I believe i can get 2.5 yards against them. Especially because I think they had to be deflated after they got the pick six and then just a loud the coaster marched right down the field to basically tied the game. I would’ve went for the win and control my own destiny instead of hoping for the coin toss (which they won) And then having to go to the length of the field to try to get a touchdown to end that game so it’s not continuing. I would’ve ended that game with a two point conversion whether i got it or I didn’t get it

Reich would get killed by the fans and media if he didn't get the 2.

38 minutes ago, eaglesflyers#1 said:

Is it possible to change your username on here? I created this dumb one like 15 years ago when I watched a ton of hockey.

Also side note, my gamertag on Xbox is Wentzlvania. I have to stare at that every time I play.

Check with the folks in the bug thread

1 minute ago, SB52 said:

I hope the latest Wentz meltdown didn’t cost the Eagles a first round pick. Barring injury, that pick was ours if IND wins the game yesterday. Now they’re a few bad weeks away from a lost season.

Taking the Titans to OT gives the Colts hope they can be a wildcard team.  They are competing against either the Steelers, Browns, Patriots, Chiefs, Charger and Broncos.  There are 3 open spots and they have some winnable games coming up against the Jets and Jags.  Then they have Buffalo, Bucs and Texans.  The Texans game is where Wentz could first hit the snap threshold.  I don't think they're going to be out of the wild card race at that point.  They will likely be 5-7 but 10-7 isn't going to be out of reach.  The key is them winning the next 2 games and Wentz staying healthy through the Texans game. 

7 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

They have Aaron Donald, Vonn Miller, Matt. Stafford and Cooper Kupp. Theyre going to be just fine for the next 5-6 years

Miller is a FA after this season and as of now they only have $7.8M in 2022 cap space to re-sign him.

Donald is a FA in 2025 and will be 34 then. 

Kupp has a potential out in 2023 with voided years in 2024 and 2025.

Doesn't seem like their window is as long as you think it is.  Unless the League cap goes up substantially so they can sign more FAs with their lack of quality draft picks then they'll have a team of expensive older players.

6 minutes ago, 315Eagles said:

Reich would get killed by the fans and media if he didn't get the 2.

At 3-4 (at the time) that is already happening. So I’m gonna go out there and try to win the game. I get eagles on the road and later in the season when it really didn’t matter when Doug did it against the bengals in 2016. But i love that call. I would love to know what the analytics say. I’m guessing the analytics in that situation probably favor going for 2 against a bad defense then hoping for a coin toss to go your way, driving length of field to score a touchdown so the titans don’t get a chance to win the game. 

6 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Really?  Reagor, Hurts and Taylor are 'better' picks?   Only when contrasted against JJAW.

This is so funny.  Howie's defense team is in full spin mode.  It was never Howie... it was always someone else.  Howie remains a victim of his circumstances. 

Weidl drafted Hurts that wasn't on Howie either. 

15 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

I can only speculate on what is to be gained but I can only speculate as to why the income of a patient would matter from an AMA perspective.  Maybe the point is that many factors that go into "low income" are outside of that person's control.  Getting medical providers to recognize, that may help providing better care. 

They're not getting coronary disease from being low income either.

Watched a lady in the store the other day buying chips and candy only with her access card and then paying cash for cigarettes. Clearly her being poor is the reason for her soon to be coronary disease. 

1 minute ago, Green_Guinness said:

Miller is a FA after this season and as of now they only have $7.8M in 2022 cap space to re-sign him.

Donald is a FA in 2025 and will be 34 then. 

Kupp has a potential out in 2023 with voided years in 2024 and 2025.

Doesn't seem like their window is as long as you think it is.  Unless the League cap goes up substantially so they can sign more FAs with their lack of quality draft picks then they'll have a team of expensive older players.

This is a win this year move.  They've put all their eggs in on this basket.  If they win, they might find a way to scrape another run together.  But this isn't a 3 year window by any stretch.  This is win now, and maybe they can extend it to win for 2022 as well.  But this is 100% about this season with no real eye towards the future.

12 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I can't wait for this to stop being brought up on a weekly basis. 

Using the Vegas ML as the probability, the Colts have an approximately 30% chance to lose to NYJ, JAX, or both. If that happens the first rounder will be gone.

Had they won yesterday this discussion would be over.

Archived