EMB Blog: 2021 Regular and Post Season

Connecticut Eagle

• Replies 75.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Broncos, the Dolphins and the Eagles have a ton of picks to trade for QBs this off-season. Will be fascinating. Think it's Watson/Miami, Rodgers/Denver, Wilson/Philly.

Howard looked pretty good yesterday. Wonder if the Eagles could somehow get a 6th or 7th from the Titans. 

1 minute ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

Howard looked pretty good yesterday. Wonder if the Eagles could somehow get a 6th or 7th from the Titans. 

They can just sign him off our practice squad for free

Just now, RLC said:

The Broncos, the Dolphins and the Eagles have a ton of picks to trade for QBs this off-season. Will be fascinating. Think it's Watson/Miami, Rodgers/Denver, Wilson/Philly.

I think the Steelers have a good shot at Rodgers. I’m sure the Broncos will be willing to give up more but Rodgers will get his choice. 

5 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Mostly ironically. But I did think he would be an upgrade over Hurts as a stop gap starter if they chose not to take a QB in the draft. 

Well pretty much any NFL quarterback would be

2 minutes ago, RLC said:

Luke Wilson, Owen Wilson or Zach Wilson?    I really don't see it being Russell Wilson.

1 minute ago, LeanMeanGM said:

He’s not On the practice squad currently 

2 hours ago, Outlaw said:

Still can not understand why Gainwell was completely ignored yesterday.  He's far more talented than the Giant killer, Boston Scott.  Should be a mix of Howard and Gainwell moving forward, not Howard and Scott.

He wasn’t. Second most snap counts of RBs. Howard looked like he got more because of his production.  Scott was the better runner of Gainwell and him.  Gainwell has great hands and body control for catching.  Scott has pretty good hands too.  But Scott is a better inside runner.  Gainwell is making up the gap though.  I think Gainwell got snaps over Scott because of his hands and his pass pro.  Scott looked like he had been working on his pass pro yesterday.  For whatever reason, check downs and RB screens weren’t in the game plan yesterday. 

2 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Howie will likely protect Howard on the PS.

5 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

With the Broncos selling, maybe Melvin Gordon goes to the Titans?

Probably makes the most sense of all the available running backs.  Denver has their RB of the future, and are clearly selling.

7 minutes ago, RLC said:

Yup. Other than Eric Wilson, we're not going to sell. *Sigh*

We "sold" Ertz

9 minutes ago, austinfan said:

Doctors should stick to what they think they know, the causes of poverty is a complex issue far beyond the expertise of the AMA, I can point to thousands of economic papers using sophisticated econometrics trying to tease out various factors leading to poverty and inequality - and while there is support for some of those mentioned factors, there are numerous other factors, one of which is the opposition of the medical profession to measures (expansion of nurse practitioners' ability to provide care, especially in under served rural impoverished areas) that would help alleviate some of the health impacts of poverty.

I'd be curious to know how many of the doctors' supporting that language refuse to take Medicaid patients b/c the fees are too low.

I suspect, or at least hope, that the vast majority of practicing physicians  (not AMA administrators) will reject the proposed language.

3 minutes ago, Saltpeter said:

Rams wanna trade the rest of their draft picks for Fletcher Cox?

Good god, could you imagine him and Donald and the chaos they would cause.

2 minutes ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

He’s not On the practice squad currently 

Technically not because its still week 8, tomorrow he reverts back. 

3 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Howie will likely protect Howard on the PS.

True, didn't think of that. 

5 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

He wasn’t. Second most snap counts of RBs. Howard looked like he got more because of his production.  Scott was the better runner of Gainwell and him.  Gainwell has great hands and body control for catching.  Scott has pretty good hands too.  But Scott is a better inside runner.  Gainwell is making up the gap though.  I think Gainwell got snaps over Scott because of his hands and his pass pro.  Scott looked like he had been working on his pass pro yesterday.  For whatever reason, check downs and RB screens weren’t in the game plan yesterday. 

Gainwell was mostly in during garbage time with Minshew. He was ignored while it was an actual game. 

21 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Then what did they use for Ramsey/Stafford/Cooks etc.

I just looked up their 2022 picks. Holy cow.

3rd round comp

5th

2 7ths

What are the odds they still draft better than us?

36 minutes ago, MillerTime said:

Now have an insane playmaker at all 3 levels of their D.  Donald-Miller-Ramsey

I really hope Howie is on the phone with every team that suffered injuries, and contenders that are willing to take on some portion of Cox salary cap.

Miles > Titans

Minshew/Hurts > Saints

Cox > Titans, Chargers, Ravens

Dillard/Lane > Anyone who will overpay (2nd+)

4 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Now have an insane playmaker at all 3 levels of their D.  Donald-Miller-Ramsey

Miller isn't a 'LB', he's a pass rusher.

Archived