EMB Blog: 2021 Regular and Post Season

Connecticut Eagle

Just now, HazletonEagle said:

we dont know if Vincent will play CB or S here. 

True

• Replies 75.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Texas Eagle said:

IIRC he comes from LSU and is a small slot CB. We essentially traded Flacco for him.

Yep. Small guy from LSU, but he's a blazer. Ran a 4.33

Just now, LeanMeanGM said:

Yep. Small guy from LSU, but he's a blazer. Ran a 4.33

Howie loves him some speedzzz

4 minutes ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

Curious as to the roster moves this week.

They'll need to activate TE Jackson as well.

Guessing they cut McCain and either IR Reagor or cut Wilson.

1 hour ago, Desertbirds said:

It is a Rock Dove. It is not a wild type, rather it was produced through selective breeding.

Here is a sample of what can be done through artificial selection:

image.png.ec23c238fc777ea056549a662e4ad8f7.png

AgedCrispHamadryad-size_restricted.gif

3 minutes ago, GoEagles5921 said:

What an absolutely idiotic trade 

Yup.  Wasting a 6th will set back the franchise for at least a decade.

5 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Atta boy Howie. Nice to see you trade a 6th rounder for a 7th.  We know you couldn’t be left out of the news on deadline day.  Way to make your presence known.  

2021 7th = 2022 6th. 

4 minutes ago, GoEagles5921 said:

What an absolutely idiotic trade 

Of all of Howie's moves, this one irks me the least. He made the Broncos roster and they are deep at CB. Worth a shot.

1 hour ago, Alphagrand said:

I'd say his passing chart is Exhibit A.  That's either arm strength, vision ..... or Eagles receivers believe the middle of the field is full of land mines.

The floor is lava... or in this case, the part that's to the left of the right hash...

2 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

The floor is lava... or in this case, the part that's to the left of the right hash...

I can't imagine the emotional distress the WRs feel when the play gets called and they realize they are lining up on the left.

9 minutes ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

Curious as to the roster moves this week.

They'll need to activate TE Jackson as well.

Eric Wilson, Marlon T, Josiah Scott, McCain, Chachere, Anderson could all be gone without blinking an eye

1 minute ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Says who?  Since when does a past draft pick worth more than a future pick a round sooner? Especially one that hasn’t played a down.  

It's a basic rule when evaluating draft pick trades.  A pick next year is worth a round less than one in the current year.

1 hour ago, McMahonHeadband said:

would you say greater velocity = greater distance thrown?

if so does distance = greater velocity?

Nope.   You can get greater distance by adjusting the angle of the throw, without increasing the speed.  Meanwhile, lowering the angle of the throw can still get the same distance by increasing the speed.  

1 minute ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Says who?  Since when does a past draft pick worth more than a future pick a round sooner? Especially one that hasn’t played a down.  

Since Lowie took over

i don’t have an issue with this trade, it’s a sixth rounder for a roster churn guy. Whatever 

Just now, Connecticut Eagle said:

It's a basic rule when evaluating draft pick trades.  A pick next year is worth a round less than one in the current year.

Hence how we traded a 6th during the draft to WFT for a 5th the following year

Just now, Texas Eagle said:

Eric Wilson, Marlon T, Josiah Scott, McCain, Chachere, Anderson could all be gone without blinking an eye

I'm pretty sure my eye blinked while reading through that list.

7 minutes ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

Yup.  Wasting a 6th will set back the franchise for at least a decade.

May need that 6th to luck into the next Jordan Mailata to bail out an otherwise underwhelming draft class.

50 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

No I wouldn't.  Without trying to be obtuse, I would encourage you to discuss the relationship between distance and velocity with a Physics professor.

For the purposes of a football discussion -- Hurts was drafted late in the 2nd round, and not by accident.  He wasn't magically sitting on the board at #53 because no other teams noticed he was available.  There are limitations to his skills and how they translate to the NFL.  He succeeded through the college level because of his athletic traits -- strength, running, durability -- but those only carry a player so far at the pro level against the best athletes in the world. 

:whistle:

3 minutes ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

I can't imagine the emotional distress the WRs feel when the play gets called and they realize they are lining up on the left.

Those are all the times Reagor half asses his route

26 minutes ago, wussbasket said:

If you saw Vick play, you would say he had probably one of the strongest arms in the game. He just couldn't read the field and had accuracy issues. Similar to Hurts, but I'd probably take Vick over Hurts anyways.

You would be a fool not to take Vick over Hurts.  Vick didn't have accuracy issues that Hurts has. He also had a much higher upside as a passer.  He just was erratic and had limitations processing defenses. 

Archived